Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (34857 Views)

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by kobosmart(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:
From Pepsi to coke to lacasera and even to taking powerhorse drinks.

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

Pls help push this to the audience

If you like no worry about your own life, woman don reach 50 how long do you want her to live for?
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by KIDfurniture(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2019
If she like make she sniff cocaine
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mblarry1(m): 6:40am On Oct 24, 2019
shawnfamous:
Leave her let her enjoy.. Wetin no go kill u now, go kill u later.. This country hard

D country too hard broda.... i tell u

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mamajj17(f): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
introduce her to natural fruit juice

My dear u means NATURAL FRUITS wink
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mamajj17(f): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:

My dear u mean NATURAL FRUITS wink
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Flexherbal(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:

Very good!
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2019
She decides for herself. She is an adult.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by saintneo(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

Donald Trump does the same at over 70 years.[sub][/sub]
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by kalvoken(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

Here you have the health implications of carbonated drinks....

They can increase our risk of cancer.

They can raise our risk of heart disease.

They can lead to diabetes.

They can cause liver damage.

They can make us violent.

They can cause premature birth in pregnant women.

They can change your brain.

They can cause premature aging.

With these few points of ours, we hope mom will put a stop to it.

God bless your mom!

Peace out!

Carbonated drinks can CHANGE YOUR BRAIN

could it be what I'm thinking?
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by 8stargeneral: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2019
buy 10 liters of monkey tail, let her be taking it morning and light
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2019
SkengRay:
All She needs is some vitamin D
pls explain, because I hope it's not what am thinking about ooo
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Blinkers:
cool

Get that bîtch a dick!

Thank me later wink
common, calling someone's mom a bit_ch is way below the line and entirely out of context....thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by TVTKOKO(m): 7:25am On Oct 24, 2019
Thanks to everyone for your contributions..
I'll try and see what I can do. Fruit juice(smoothie) maybe. I hope she likes it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:
Thanks to everyone for your contributions..
I'll try and see what I can do. Fruit juice(smoothie) maybe. I hope she likes it

Fruit juice (even the natural one) shouldn't be drunk excessively as it also contains much sugar.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by babadee1(m): 7:39am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

Leave her alone to live her life and mind your business. It's not as if she's diabetic or hypertensive or has any chronic diseases.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Gmajor(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2019
sorom4:
No juice is natural

Really?
Even if you juice the fruit yourself?
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Evangkatsoulis: 7:46am On Oct 24, 2019
BluePrincee:

Be very worried. My mum did the same thing. It was Pepsi everyday. When we tried to tell her she would shout at us. She only stopped when she eventually got diabetes but then it was too late. She is dead now.

True life story.
Who told you the soft drink caused the diabetes?
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Depressed101: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2019
lagoskind:
Go to google and get pictures of diseases, ailments and sick patients that emanated from consuming too much carbonated drinks and other unhealthy things... Just forward it to her whatsapp and see how she will become a public health officer overnight... She will even sensitize her friends. cheesy grin
smart dude
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by IDERAWOLE(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

Sometimes when you are not in the shoes of someone, you can only guess what they're going through.

To you, she's indulging in those drinks, it may not be entirely true. Let check her statistics in the hospital, to know what's lacking.

When she moved into power drinks, that's a signal that she's suffering from a type of pain in her system. I've been there before, though I'm not lover or heavy consumer of carbonated drinks.

Power drinks contain a heavy amount of caffeine, a form of pain killer. She will a big relief after taking it, for about 24hrs.

She might need medical attention quick.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by stevups(m): 7:52am On Oct 24, 2019
lagoskind:
Go to google and get pictures of diseases, ailments and sick patients that emanated from consuming too much carbonated drinks and other unhealthy things... Just forward it to her whatsapp and see how she will become a public health officer overnight... She will even sensitize her friends. cheesy grin
Some of you worth to be a minister.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by PapaAdanna: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2019
If she be afonja forget it, because Dem too like such things
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

Buy a juicer and juice fruits for her everyday. Trust me, it's cheaper than if you have to spend your money on managing diabetes or liver and kidney problems in future.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2019
Mindfulness:

Fruit juice (even the natural one) shouldn't be drunk excessively as it also contains much sugar.

You can't compare natural sugar in fruits to processed sugar in carbonated drinks my friend. Even diabetic patients are encouraged to take fruits.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by owowa145(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

We only die once and live forever grin cheesy grin fi iya oni iya le. Make she chope d head of her life. Is it ur coke? cheesy
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by owowa145(m): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2019
naijadjmixtapes:
Buy her Cartoons of 5 alive juice natural, Malt, hollandia yoghurt, and also buy excess fruits, water melon, orange, apple, cucumber, pineapple, pawpaw.....

Trust she will forget what Carbonated Drinks taste lik......
This one till add malt and branded yoghurt. Sugar is still kidding u cheesy
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by omokudu(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

Prepare natural fruit juice for her, then download a YouTube video for her to watch the implications. Report her brothers and sisters.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by justmenoni: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2019
Try talking her to take detox water or fruit infused drinks... You might also be doing her good if you can download video's of side effects of taking sugary drinks....

Our govt still needs to do alot in terms of educating citizens..... If only Nigerians know the effects of energy drink maybe they would stop taking it as if it's water
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by chigo4u: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2019
naijadjmixtapes:
Buy her Cartoons of 5 alive juice natural, Malt, hollandia yoghurt, and also buy excess fruits, water melon, orange, apple, cucumber, pineapple, pawpaw.....

Trust she will forget what Carbonated Drinks taste lik......
5 alive juice is almost same as carbonated drinks

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Gudlite: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2019
Your Mum likes drinks,why not try and make drinks with natural ingredients like:
ZOBO Drink
TIGERNUT Drink
PINEAPPLE and/or WATERMELON And add Ginger
If you want something that can help her if she insist
Give her lemon water(squeeze lemon and add warm water) let her be taking it,introduce her to Green Tea every morning before breakfast
I wish she will understand the implication of what she is doing because she is already in her Sick/Manifestation Zone in life
May God help you

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by midnighter(f): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2019
saajus:
How is juice sugary? Read the difference between added sugar and natural sugar. Natural sugar is less harmful than added sugar present in soft drinks. Also, what you blend into juice will determine if it will be sugary or not. He should research about low sugar fruits and vegetables. Juicing is the best alternative for her mum. Blend low sugar fruits like strawberry, lemon, oranges and add little high sugar fruit like Banana to make your mum feel that sugar taste.

We are not talking about natural and artificial sugar. We are talking about sugar content.

Juice is sugary. There is a difference between cutting up 2 oranges into pieces and eating and blending plenty of oranges into juice.

One orange just produces just 4 spoons of juice. So how many oranges will it take just to make one bottle? You will be drinking liquid sugar and your case will be a sad one. Drinking the equivalent of 10 or 12 oranges every day, on top of your usual akpu and soup, is a total disaster!

Doctors (and dentists) have been running helter skelter trying to get people to stop taking "smoothies" thinking that they are healthy when in fact they are the worst culprits for high blood sugar. And when you blend fruits you destroy the natural roughage that helps your body to process the excess sugar gradually. Total system overload.

What you're saying can only make sense if the lady agrees just to take one or two glasses of "juice" a day. Does it look like she is going to do that

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Tywright: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2019
Be greatfull to God she is not a fan of ogogoro or beer
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by nappy760(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:
Leave your mum to her vices

Your Mum is not smoking, she is not taking alcohol, she is a responsible parent, leave her pls.

Also, all those five alive and juice, like soft drinks they all contains lots of sugar. They all contain preservatives.thye all contain concentrate. They are as unnatural as soft drinks and as fattening.

Concentrates are made from natural fruits.....it is just the additives and sugar added in the process of making the juice that makes them unnatural

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight / 67-Yr-Old Man Carries 7 Bags Of Cement In Gombe / How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.