Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:19 AM

Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (35289 Views)

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2019
sorom4:
No juice is natural
they are hybrid and GMO FRUITS POSING as natural in our market
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Wickedtruths: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2019
sorom4:

Everything that is sold on the shelf or that passes 5 hours after production MUST have preservatives

Nuli juice is freshly made. It isn't packaged.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2019
sorom4:
No juice is natural
i am not refering to "five alive and dem hollandia gang" make him start to blend avocado,english pear,paw paw and watermelon for her to enjoy
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by seanney: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2019
Try to get her checked up, she probably got diabetes,
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2019
nappy760:

Concentrates are made from natural fruits.....it is just the additives and sugar added in the process of making the juice that makes them unnatural

the corn syrup used for soft drinks also has a natural origin
https://ng.coca-colahellenic.com/en/brands/explore-brands-and-campaigns/five-alive/

Five Alive Citrus Burst
Water, sugar (sucrose), fruit juices 43% (orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine and lime), calcium phosphate, calcium lactate, citric acid, flavourings and vitamin C

Five Alive Berry Blast
Water, sugar, fruit juices 20% (apple, blackcurrant, grape, raspberry and strawberry) citric acid, flavourings, vitamin C and Zinc gluconate.

Five Alive Pineapple Punch
Water, sugar (sucrose), fruit juices 25% (pineapple, orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine) citric acid, flavourings, caramel and vitamin C.

Five Alive Orange
Water, Concentrated Orange juice (30% minimum), sugar, carboxymethyl, cellulose, citric acid, orange flavour and vitamin A, C & E.

Five Alive Apple
Water, concentrated apple juice (30% minimum), sugar, carboxymethyl, cellulose, citric acid, apple flavour and vitamin A, C & E.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2019
mamajj17:

My dear u mean NATURAL FRUITS wink
yes o because fake fruits full market

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by frozen70g(f): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:
From Pepsi to coke to lacasera and even to taking powerhorse drinks.

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

Pls help push this to the audience

She must be taking it because she gets tired easily and need to gather strength which most carbornated drink does especially cola

But at the same time, she is breeding diabetes in her blood stream which will definitely affect her vision and overall health

I have an aunt over 50urs that does same, and she says she gets tired and whenever she takes it, she gets strength to carry on

She was so addicted to it that I went to the family doctor and complained to him to caution her but she keeps saying it won't affect her

Then one day she feel terribly sick and it affected her vision, her vision was blued, her eyes are open but she can't see the exact person that visits her I the hospital

Her sugar levels was triggered, hense the poor vision

She was referred to an optician while she was on adminission and gradually her sight was restored, now she cam see but she has to use glasses to operate on her phone and read things

Her eye drugs are extremely expensive and now she takes diabetes drugs which are expensive too

She still takes coke but like two time a week or there about

I'm your mums case, liase with your doctor and any day she goes to the hospital let the doctor do sugar test on her and if her sugar levels is high, he will use the opportunity to counsel her before it will be too late

You can also take her for early morning FBS test to see the level of sugar in her blood

Then if she is over stressing herself, you guys have to help her reduce her stress, stress makes women get fatigue easily just because they are struggling to keep the family when the men can't really help

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Adufeamos: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2019
Dont trouble ursef pls.lol mothers sha lik dat. Solution is water therapy. Let her b taking plenty water every morni bfo taking anytin. Nd lastly pls check her blood sugar level&let her know d health implication@that age if nt reduced. God be wit our momma o de y cn b funny&troublsom wen getin old
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by davien(m): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2019
Ignorance is often fatal in this corner of the world.. Those recommending juices don't know they're the same as carbonated drinks...
When Fibre is removed from pressed juice it is absorbed readily in the gut and cause the same problems.
If possible get her to do a 4 day absolute fast or normal weekly fast excluding sugar.. This normally resets cravings.
It's good you want her to quit sugary foods but you'll need to let her realize she can enjoy life without them and there are other things just as sweet.. Buy fruits(the fleshy Fibre should never be thrown away, eat it), carrots, avocados, etc

Lastly, watch the YouTube channel "What I've learned" to inform yourself about diabetes and sugars effects on the body, and make sure you find other informative sources on the subjects.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mamajj17(f): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
yes o because fake fruits full market

Okay oooo me no know oooo grin cheesy grin funny guy
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by AlphaStyles(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2019
Tell her the risks of taking too much carbonated drinks unless she wants to die she should stop
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by King2019(m): 9:37am On Oct 24, 2019
[quote author=Osinachi1 post=83409101]Be right back

See my siggy to promote your business on social media to thousands of users[/quot

please can you teach me social media promotion??

please i really need it
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2019
[quote author=King2019 post=83416292][/quote]

See my siggy for my WhatsApp
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2019
We already consume too much food that triggers diabetes and high sugar level everyday, now adding excess carbonated drink to it is a disaster and most of this old people don't exercise until they are diagnosed for diabetes before they will start doing road walk. Fruits will be better but remember excess of everything is bad.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by dapadawee: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

look her up in a room or better still take her to confinement In Kaduna. nairaland self anything gos
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by lorhema(f): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

Also, all those five alive and juice, like soft drinks they all contains lots of sugar. They all contain preservatives.thye all contain concentrate. They are as unnatural as soft drinks and as fattening.

Thank you. Many people are not aware of this fact.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 24, 2019
FrLukas:

You can't compare natural sugar in fruits to processed sugar in carbonated drinks my friend. Even diabetic patients are encouraged to take fruits.

I am not comparing the two. I am pointing out that juice must be enjoyed in moderation too. Drinking it all day long is unhealthy.
Whatever!
An adult should know that drinking lots of water is best.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by kikelomojessy(f): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2019
How active is your mum? Does she move around alot?

Too much sugar do more harm especially to aging women. It kills good bacteria and allow the bad ones to thrive causing virginal infection to increase.

Waist pain is also a friend to too much sugar. it makes one tummy big. The caffeine in these drinks makes it addictive. But the best thing is to stop and try other varieties, by talking other forms of teas.

All these aging mother's sha, they won't listen to you when you talk, this is how you get them to reduce it, any time she falls sick give the doctor hint of her drinking habit, the doctor will treat her for what is ailing her (maybe malaria ) but will ask her if she takes sugar and if she says yes, boom, she will tell her to quit cos sugar is the main cause of her problem. Believe me the listen to them more.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by UrVillagePpl: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2019
sorom4:
No juice is natural
just make plenty smody put for fridge. anytime she want am she carry take..
dats my 2cent.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by BlackPantherCri: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2019
Giftexx:
Heard people with low blood sugar take carbonated drinks to balance d body

People with high blood sugar too crave more. It is a vicious cycle
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mechanics(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2019
sorom4:
No juice is natural
hmmmm, so orange juice is not natural abi
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by midnighter(f): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2019
FrLukas:

You can't compare natural sugar in fruits to processed sugar in carbonated drinks my friend. Even diabetic patients are encouraged to take fruits.

Yes! They should take fruits. Just 2 or 3 whole fruits!

Not juices packed with the sugar of 25 oranges and bananas!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Ibrahim79mantu: 10:46am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

Here you have the health implications of carbonated drinks....

They can increase our risk of cancer.

They can raise our risk of heart disease.

They can lead to diabetes.

They can cause liver damage.

They can make us violent.

They can cause premature birth in pregnant women.

They can change your brain.

They can cause premature aging.

With these few points of ours, we hope mom will put a stop to it.

God bless your mom!

Peace out!

Not true
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mountex(f): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2019
Blinkers:
cool

Get that bîtch a dick!

Thank me later wink

No meaningful contribution
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mountex(f): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2019
Blinkers:
cool

Get that bîtch a dick!

Thank me later wink

No meaningful contribution, even have the got to call someone's mother a bitch where are u from, you lack manners.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by midnighter(f): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2019
Ibrahim79mantu:

Not true

All those things are 100% true! All of them
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by WaleRock: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

1. Introduce power foods - garlic, ginger, turmeric, scent leaves, etc. - to gradually heal her body.

2. Have her visit the hospital to see those living with diseases caused by such drinks. Analyze the cost of treatment, starting with death.

3. Introduce her to smoothies: start out with sweeter ingredients such as dates, tiger nuts, oranges, pineapple, watermelon, etc. Then gradually introduce cucumber, and even the least sweet ones. She'll be fascinated by the results and will get used to them.

4. She should then begin training her taste buds to accommodate bitter food items, which are generally the best for the human body.

5. She should also drink lots of water to replace the sweet drink cravings.

6. Pray for her. Only God cures and changes difficult situations.

Go right ahead.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by LadyExcellency: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

Here you have the health implications of carbonated drinks....

They can increase our risk of cancer.

They can raise our risk of heart disease.

They can lead to diabetes.

They can cause liver damage.

They can make us violent.

They can cause premature birth in pregnant women.

They can change your brain.

They can cause premature aging.

With these few points of ours, we hope mom will put a stop to it.

God bless your mom!

Peace out!

I have taken carbonated drink in excess for more than thirty years but still as young as sixteen, no sickness, intelligent and resourceful.

Some are immunes to many sicknesses and frailty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 373 Cases. 99 Discharged. 11 Dead / UCH Delivers First IVF Triplets / 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.