Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184160 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2012
guys abeg lets give 3 GBOSA for our guy 4LLERBUNTU, today happens to be his day oh wink grin grin

GBOSA!!

GBOSA!!

GBOSA!!

tu ale for you grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2012
engrhamid:

I dey hail my bosses o!
Puskin.malik,v3,aieromon,mobinga,lynxnoon.
Tripple tu ale!!!
i hail u too oh. . .my guy
Re: Android, Anyone? by Bawss1(m): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2012
v3:

You don't get it yet? sad .I'm simply stating that Nokia(with its new crappy OS) is fast losing its grip on the phone-making market. Android/iOS is the way forward. I've used the Maemo and believe me, Android is by far superior to that shiiiit.

When was the last time you heard of a good Nokia phone. . .even the N-Series faded so fast after all the hype.

Windows Phone 7 is anything but crappy, it can hold its on just like iOS and Android. The challenge for Nokia is to make it more popular.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Bawss1(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2012
Happy Birthday 4llerbuntu!
Re: Android, Anyone? by MrTA(m): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
Bawss1:

Windows Phone 7 is anything but crappy, it can hold its on just like iOS and Android. The challenge for Nokia is to make it more popular.

I agree, its a very very slick OS. If they can increase the speed of app development or make it easy to port apps from ios and Android they are onto a winner. Very stunning UI.
Re: Android, Anyone? by malikalhaj: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
HBD 4ller
even if it has a stunning UI it really does not matter. What drives people to get a smartphone is primarily apps (talking about myself sha ) that was y symbian was the top dog for a while. If winmo can get as much developers as android i'd go for it as long as its a Nokia cos i trust their products apart from E5
Re: Android, Anyone? by MrTA(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2012
malikalhaj:

HBD 4ller
even if it has a stunning UI it really does not matter. What drives people to get a smartphone is primarily apps (talking about myself sha ) that was y symbian was the top dog for a while. If winmo can get as much developers as android i'd go for it as long as its a Nokia cos i trust their products apart from E5

iOS has more apps and better quality ones too so why arent you going for that?
Re: Android, Anyone? by malikalhaj: 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
They have basically same app, plus no restrictions. Forgot to add came from Iphone 4 to SGS2
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin hmmm!!! don't I miss dem Android days, juz passed by to say hi

GREETINGS!!!! DOUBLE N & DEMZZ grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
Happy birthday[b] 4lla.[/b]

Mad props to that guy that recommended aptoide.
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
4ller. . . . .3gbosa to U.
Yapi Yapi birthday.
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2012
Its that niggah. .Uncle 4ller's bday. More Honeycomb, Gingerbread to your err. . . lipsrsealed
Triple GBOSA, 21 gunshot salute! Have a blast.

engrhamid:

I dey hail my bosses o!
Puskin.malik,v3,aieromon,mobinga,lynxnoon.
Tripple tu ale!!!
You're hailed sir smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? by jedisco(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2012
well to all you android fans I say carry on.
But I think we are being too harsh on Nokia. Well after considering all the hype about android phones I decided to get myself Nokia 701 which runs the new symbian belle and here is what I think:
1. I think the new symbian belle is cool and satisfies all my demands. All this talk about Nokia phasing out symbian is premature as it is due in 2016 which is a very very long time in the smartphone world. I wonder how many of u will be using thesame phone in the next 2yrs talkless of in 4 yrs.
BTW the Cindy and Donna and even the full windows support update for symbian is still not yet out
2. I am an application freak and I have noticed that 99% all the applications i find useful are already available on belle eventhough its still new. Let me ask you how many applications you have and their functions and you will notice the important ones are already on belle.
3 No other phone make compares with Nokia hardware power, durability and battery life
4. Even if Nokia finally moves over to windows phone. It would be a kind of hybrid (Nokia hardware + windows UI)
5 At 52,500 Nokia 701 proves to be the best value for money phone. At least no other phone below 70,000 provides one with thesame specs
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2012
malikalhaj:

They have basically same app, plus no restrictions. Forgot to add came from Iphone 4 to SGS2

iOS has more apps with (usually) higher quality in most cases. This is especially obvious when you're talking about tablet apps.

As far as gaming is concerned (and over 65% of downloaded apps on modern smartphones are games) iOS utterly destroys Android, hands down.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2012
jedisco:

3 No other phone make compares with Nokia hardware power, durability and battery life

Sorry, that phrase was true in 2006. not any more, i'm afraid.

jedisco:

5 At 52,500 Nokia 701 proves to be the best value for money phone. At least no other phone below 70,000 provides one with thesame specs

The Samsung Galaxy S from 2010 has superior hardware to the Nokia 710. And it's now less than 60k in the market.
Re: Android, Anyone? by jedisco(m): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2012
texazzpete:

Sorry, that phrase was true in 2006. not any more, i'm afraid.
That phrase is still very true now. Well lets say although the gap is bridging some phone manufacturers have come to be known with some qualities over the years
UI - IPhone
Sleek and wonderful design - Samsung

Ruggedness and battery life - Nokia
texazzpete:

The Samsung Galaxy S from 2010 has superior hardware to the Nokia 710. And it's now less than 60k in the market.

As of last month I couldn't get any piece of that phone below 70,000 in the major shops in my area and I would be very sceptical to purchase it below 60,000

Also looking at just the hardware specs of a phone alone doesn't give you the full picture. U have to look at it together with the operating system and the manufacturing details to get the real feel. E.g

A windows phone doesn't need all these specs to perform very fast. Infact all other things being equal any windows phone with 1GHz processor
is much faster than any other phone with thesame specs.
Also its a known fact that symbian-run phones require at lower specs will still give you thesame feel as some android-run ones with higher specs

A Nokia phone running symbian with a battery capacity of 1300mAh will last longer (especially during usage) than an android phone having thesame battery capacity.

All-in-all I've used some phones with very high specs and noticed that some other phones with lower specs perform much better.
Well its all about the hardware-software synchronization
Re: Android, Anyone? by lindazbn: 8:23am On Feb 23, 2012
The Android Market allows you to download applications, games and tools for free and for a fee to enhance the functionality of your Android-powered phone. The latest fad entertainment apps, organizational apps and media apps are all available through theandroid 3.0 tablet Market. The market operates with Google Checkout, which means you'll need an account to purchase apps. You can set up your Google Checkout account online and start browsing through the Android Market
Re: Android, Anyone? by remmymarthens: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]

Spent 6months on studying android OS. NEED ANY INFO ABOUT ANDROID 1.5 , 2.2, 2.3 GINGER HYBREAD FROYO VERSION . MAIL ME . remmymarthens@yahoo.com

N.B, If you must buy an android phone/ipad, epad,apad seek for fully details , knowledge and advice of the android IPAD, APD, EPAD cos android do not operate normal phone OS.

e-mail me for more

Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
Thanks @all for the birthday wishes.

As for the symbian issue, belle o, Donna, even Rebecca sef, e nor matter. I have known a lot of folks who would swear by their symbian bla bla bla, till they got a high end ios or android device and actually used it for a week learning the extents to which they put it to good use, they repented of their blasphemy.

Does tunneling, openvpn, vnc, other full fledged OS hosting now work on symbian? Sheer number of apps, customiseability, ecosystem support nko?
Support for open standards, media capabilities, shucks even beauty and ease of use?

Three years ago u could make a case for symbian but now, dude all the new fancy icons and wallpapers will not paper over the deficiency in symbian. Nokia sef know na, y do u think they agreed to switch to win phone Os?

Do u even realise how far mobile devices have come today?

Canonical will unveil next week the plans and a demo of a new Os combo for mobile fones that will see just one device transform from a fone running android to a full fledged desktop running ubuntu linux/ and a HTPC by just just connecting it to a TV or pc via hdmi cable with seamless sync of abilities on all platforms.

U think symbian is ready to compete in that world? The same world where apple is unifying ios and the desktop?

Wake up dude
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
pls,how do i play gameloft games? i hv installed d apk and copied sd data to sd/gameloft/game but wen i launch d game it request 4 wifi connection to download data.
N.B i installed apk in airplane mode
Re: Android, Anyone? by Teaser4(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
Good evening my andriod brothers,i bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Y Pro duos,today. . .its my first andriod phone,the funniest thing is that i dont knw how to operate it effectively,i'll consult the manual,am charging it now. . . Hope its a good andriod device,it runs gingerbread,front and back camera,qwerty and touchscreen and so on,i bought it for #29k. . . Pls how do i open the menu. . .am waiting for your views bros. .
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2012
Teaser4:

Good evening my andriod brothers,i bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Y Pro duos,today. . .its my first andriod phone,the funniest thing is that[b] i dont knw how to operate it effectively[/b],i'll consult the manual,am charging it now. . . Hope its a good andriod device,it runs gingerbread,front and back camera,qwerty and touchscreen and so on,i bought it for #29k. . . Pls how do i open the menu. . .am waiting for your views bros. .
start from page 1 of this thread
Cheers wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by malikalhaj: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Lynxnoon u 1 kill d guy? Page 1 - 80?
Re: Android, Anyone? by engrhamid(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
malikalhaj:

That's the best answer he can give for real.
Readers are leaders. . .
If he read frm 1-82, he will learn new things and benefit a lot but if he is answered nw, he will only knw that and keep coming back for minor issues.
Just my own token!
Re: Android, Anyone? by engrhamid(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
Does any 1 has a neatly used htc running on andriod with the following spec
5mp-8mp
8gb internal memory
Memory slot?
State ur price here.
Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2012
malikalhaj:

grin grin

we all didnt learn tru the easy route na, abi? wink grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2012
If you got the box app, there's an offer of free 50GB storage for life for android users if registered by or before 23rd march.

Downside is upload limit of 100MB.
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 11:11am On Feb 25, 2012
I need the following apk files,as the ones i've tried installing aren't really launching sad

Asphalt 6
Assasin's Creed
BackStab
Hero of Sparta
Re: Android, Anyone? by koolguy88(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2012
i need a cheap andriod fone grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Guddy(m): 11:58am On Feb 25, 2012
Hello droid gurus i reall love this thread and i think its time for ne to join the intelligent and respectable android family. Am currently using htc hd2 which operate winmo 6.5. I however want a good android phone. Which one would u recommend for considering affordabiity and functtionality. I await your reply. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.