Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,450 members, 7,843,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41465 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2010
For some reason I keep getting drawn to this debate undecided

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the posters in favour and against have little say in the matter, i.e. you all can't even choose where you want to live.

I.e. the people in the diaspora definitely have it better than when they were in Nigeria, so they would not have it otherwise. I tend to lean towards their argument, though some people do take it to extreme.

As for the people in Naija (sorry Dora grin), we fall into two broad categories: people who have never had the opportunity to live or work in another country, so they make assumptions based on their perception. 2nd category is people who have actually lived abroad, but did not have it good, therefore they also assume that no Nigerian is having it good abroad as well. That might be some kind of psychological justification for their perceived failure to succeed outside the country.

There is another, albeit smaller category: people who have lived and worked in both places, and were successful in both situations. In which case such people have little to be bitter about, so they don't vent passions unnecessarily. They are in a much better position to appraise both lifestyles, and can talk better about the pros and cons of both.

Unfortunately I don't seem to fall into any of the three categories so i have to sit on the fence for this one. But let me just say this: For citizens of the advanced countries, it hardly matters much where they choose to live. Brits can move to the US, Americans can move to Canada, New Zealanders can move to the UK, without raising serious immigration eyebrows. Outside that privileged clique, it's nothing but a hustle for everyone else. Therefore, my submission is that this argument is just BS, for all parties involved. In fact, if you have a different passport from the Nigerian passport, then the argument is not even relevant to you, your options are a whole lot wider than ours.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by eewule(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2010
Very interesting conversations/arguments going on here, !   This is bound to be an everlasting thread on Nairaland, and i'm enjoying the reading. Thanks to the original poster  :-)
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2010
AjanleKoko:

For some reason I keep getting drawn to this debate undecided

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the posters in favour and against have little say in the matter, i.e. you all can't even choose where you want to live.

I.e. the people in the diaspora definitely have it better than when they were in Nigeria, so they would not have it otherwise. I tend to lean towards their argument, though some people do take it to extreme.

As for the people in Naija (sorry Dora grin), we fall into two broad categories: people who have never had the opportunity to live or work in another country, so they make assumptions based on their perception. 2nd category is people who have actually lived abroad, but did not have it good, therefore they also assume that no Nigerian is having it good abroad as well. That might be some kind of psychological justification for their perceived failure to succeed outside the country.

There is another, albeit smaller category: people who have lived and worked in both places, and were successful in both situations. In which case such people have little to be bitter about, so they don't vent passions unnecessarily. They are in a much better position to appraise both lifestyles, and can talk better about the pros and cons of both.

Unfortunately I don't seem to fall into any of the three categories so i have to sit on the fence for this one. But let me just say this: For citizens of the advanced countries, it hardly matters much where they choose to live. Brits can move to the US, Americans can move to Canada, New Zealanders can move to the UK, without raising serious immigration eyebrows. Outside that privileged clique, it's nothing but a hustle for everyone else. Therefore, my submission is that this argument is just BS, for all parties involved. In fact, if you have a different passport from the Nigerian passport, then the argument is not even relevant to you, your options are a whole lot wider than ours.

Your conclusions are flawed, you forgot to mention those who had chances to travel abroad but instead thought their chances will be more enhanced here hence they chose to stay in naija.
This group have serious self belief and confidence in their survival abilities, this is the group I belong in.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

Your conclusions are flawed, you forgot to mention those who had chances to travel abroad but instead thought their chances will be more enhanced here hence they chose to stay in naija.
This group have serious self belief and confidence in their survival abilities, this is the group I belong in.

If you say so. But I'm willing to bet otherwise. Sebi you be Naija tongue

Come to think of it sef, it's your logic that is flawed. I looked at your statement again. You actually fall into my category A, because you're implying that you have never lived outside Nigeria. Whether you chose to stay or were forced to stay is moot, fact is that you do not have an idea of what it takes to be successful outside Nigeria, since you've kuku never tried it. Essentially, your decision to stay may just have been borne out of ignorance! Abi I lie?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2010
AjanleKoko:

invisible and buzugee are not Nigerian so let their ignorant continue to show for everyone to see.

they are just a spoiled brats that let loss and starts infecting everyone with their uncured diseases.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Come to think of it sef, it's your logic that is flawed. I looked at your statement again. You actually fall into my category A, because you're implying that you have never lived outside Nigeria. Whether you chose to stay or were forced to stay is moot, fact is that you do not have an idea of what it takes to be successful outside Nigeria, since you've kuku never tried it. Essentially, your decision to stay may just have been borne out of ignorance! Abi I lie?

You said 'those who never had the opportunity' and thats where I am kicking against because I had it but decided to stay back. I can go now if I so wish.

My decision to stay was not borne out of ignorance, I was a very well read boy in my teens and had a complete grasp of world views, especially as it concerns racism. Those friends who left then are not doing better than me in any way, we usually compare notes now and then.
It is the ignorant who always runs, because of their ignorance of hidden opprtunities and a hope of an easy ride to wealth abroad.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
OvieE:

invisible and buzugee are not Nigerian so let their ignorant continue to show for everyone to see.

they are just a spoiled brats that let loss and starts infecting everyone with their uncured diseases.

we are not Nigerians yet we are defending naija while you who is naija is bringing your country down, well done o!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

the beauty of the internet is that anyone can come on here and claim to be a successful, multi talented whizz kid, its great because the internet provides escapism.  However on the other hand it can create unwarranted delusions of grandeur in the minds of certain individuals - i beleive that you are suffering from delusions of grandeur, in your delusional state you have actually convinced yourself that you had the opportunity to leave nigeria but chose not to - the truth is bitter my friend but it keeps you in touch with reality.  If you had serious self beleif as you call it you would not have spent hours on here trying to convince people that you are happy and content within that gangster run hell hole you call nigeria, lets face it you are in nigeria because you have no other choice, like i said the truth is bitter but try facing up to it once in a while - you will do yourself a big favour.

You also mention that you have good survival abilities - NEWSFLASH!!!!! - animals who live in the wild survive - human beings LIVE okay, it is the right of every human being on the planet to live with dignity and humanity by being able to have access  to food, shelter and employment - those are basics NOT luxuries but i can see that you have been conditioned to beleive that even having one of those things is a luxury - this is why i said earlier that IBB destroyed  the future of every young nigerian by cutting public expenditure on education, what you have now are semi illiterates like yourself who do not know their left from their right.

I am not under any illusions as to what nigeria is all about - i am aware that the place is a complete mess and needs a total overhaul all the way from the bottom up to the top, but if we stay here and just talk about change who is going to implement it.  

In my own case i have the choice to live in nigeria or live outside, i have chosen to make the move back to nigeria because i realise that europe and america are not really designed for the progress of non white people in general.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by martinosi: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
cap28:

the beauty of the internet is that anyone can come on here and claim to be a successful, multi talented whizz kid, its great because the internet provides escapism.  However on the other hand it can create unwarranted delusions of grandeur in the minds of certain individuals - i beleive that you are suffering from delusions of grandeur, in your delusional state you have actually convinced yourself that you had the opportunity to leave nigeria but chose not to - the truth is bitter my friend but it keeps you in touch with reality.  If you had serious self beleif as you call it you would not have spent hours on here trying to convince people that you are happy and content within that gangster run hell hole you call nigeria, lets face it you are in nigeria because you have no other choice, like i said the truth is bitter but try facing up to it once in a while - you will do yourself a big favour.

You also mention that you have good survival abilities - NEWSFLASH!!!!! - animals who live in the wild survive - human beings LIVE okay, it is the right of every human being on the planet to live with dignity and humanity by being able to have access  to food, shelter and employment - those are basics NOT luxuries but i can see that you have been conditioned to beleive that even having one of those things is a luxury - this is why i said earlier that IBB destroyed  the future of every young nigerian by cutting public expenditure on education, what you have now are semi illiterates like yourself who do not know their left from their right.

I am not under any illusions as to what nigeria is all about - i am aware that the place is a complete mess and needs a total overhaul all the way from the bottom up to the top, but if we stay here and just talk about change who is going to implement it.  

In my own case i have the choice to live in nigeria or live outside, i have chosen to make the move back to nigeria because i realise that europe and america are not really designed for the progress of non white people in general.

Nice to see you back Cap28, missed your insight,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ishit4body(f): 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2010
[size=18pt]Abeg close this topic. Who cares if you regret or not? Wetin that one getto do with 120 million other Nigerians? LOL. Abeg, all these story na to boost your ego.[/size]
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2010
martinosi:

thanks bro, how are you doing?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
cap28:

I dont even know how to educate you, you seem too 'far gone' for redemption. Lets keep the conversations general as getting personal will mean judging a person you have never met.
The only thing that gladdens my heart about you is that in your last sentence, you still chose to come back and belong in naija, proving that you regret all your misadventure over there. Welcome back home my prodigal brother. You just proved my arguments were right afterall.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

I dont even know how to educate you, you seem too 'far gone' for redemption. Lets keep the conversations general as getting personal will mean judging a person you have never met.
The only thing that gladdens my heart about you is that in your last sentence, you still chose to come back and belong in naija, proving that you regret all your misadventure over there. Welcome back home my prodigal brother. You just proved my arguments were right afterall.

If you go on holiday and then return to your own house does it mean you regretted going there?

There is a clear lack of critical reasoning lacking here - any action is seen as confirmation of your pre-conceived notion that everyone who leaves the country is regretting it when they come back. The more you post the more plausible cap28's claim of educational deficiencies in Nigeria become. undecided
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

I wouldnt call finishing a second degree a "misadventure" neither would i call gaining work experience, travelling around the world to understand about different cultures and languages a "misadventure", what i would call a misadventure would be spending years abroad and learning nothing from one's experiences.  Life is a continuous learning experience, sadly for many of our people who leave nigeria to go to the west their focus is mainly on materialism.  Perhaps im fortunate in that i did not have to keep looking over my shoulder worrying about the immigration authorities, in many ways many of our people are operating in survival mode and therefore i don't really blame them.

But thanks for your "heartfelt " words in your penultimate sentence, look forward to seeing you when i get there grin grin grin.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
debosky:

If you go on holiday and then return to your own house does it mean you regretted going there?  

There is a clear lack of critical reasoning lacking here - any action is seen as confirmation of your pre-conceived notion that everyone who leaves the country is regretting it when they come back. The more you post the more plausible cap28's claim of educational deficiencies in Nigeria become.  undecided

Its you that lack critical thinking and education, have you ever asked yourself why someone who critcised my posts will come back and support same positions? Please enroll in a night school after working your 5 jobs.

You have bias on your mind and your thinking is clearly pigmented. "The man who invented myopia!"
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

Its you that lack critical thinking and education, have you ever asked yourself why someone who critcised my posts will come back and support same positions? Please enroll in a night school after working your 5 jobs.

You have bias on your mind and your thinking is clearly pigmented. "The man who invented myopia!"

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I stick strictly to washing deadi bodi. . . .it pays for my fast internet access and that's good enough for me.

PS - You've made a myriad of posts - a small minority of them made sense. No one supports the nonsense you're spewing in terms of the poverty levels in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
cap28:

I wouldnt call finishing a second degree a "misadventure" neither would i call gaining work experience, travelling around the world to understand about different cultures and languages a "misadventure", what i would call a misadventure would be spending years abroad and learning nothing from one's experiences.  Life is a continuous learning experience, sadly for many of our people who leave nigeria to go to the west their focus is mainly on materialism.  Perhaps im fortunate in that i did not have to keep looking over my shoulder worrying about the immigration authorities, in many ways many of our people are operating in survival mode and therefore i don't really blame them.

But thanks for your "heartfelt " words in your penultimate sentence, look forward to seeing you when i get there grin grin grin.

You don try sha, my anger is for those who just run away for the sake of running. Most dont know anything about abroad except that whites live there. Some dont aspire to improve themselves, all they think about is money like they have never eaten food all their life.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2010
debosky:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I stick strictly to washing deadi bodi. . . .it pays for my fast internet access and that's good enough for me.

PS - You've made a myriad of posts - a small minority of them made sense. No one supports the nonsense you're spewing in terms of the poverty levels in Nigeria.

Washing dead bodi sef no easy to get. More east Europeans are coming to take the jobs away. What do you say to my earlier post about comparisons b/w rich and poor in naija?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
like i said invisible suffers from delusions of grandeur its a coping mechanism, in nigeria everyone wants to be a big man, its the trickle down effect of the kleptocrat gangsters who run the country.  When the masses see how ruthless and callous their leaders are instead of challenging them by organised rebellion (like the ANC of south africa did) they imbibe this same behaviour and mete out this barbarism on each other.  

Earlier on in this thread i  referred to a tragic story in which a young destitute woman who lived under a bridge near sheraton hotel had been repeatedly r.aped by area boys until she eventually contracted hiv aids and died  - what was his chilling response: that "she got what she deserved because she was a harlot".

That should give you an insight into the ruthless and callous mindset of the average nigerian - is this a society that can progress? i think not - what is needed is a mao tse tsung type revolution, mass imprisonments and  mass executions of corrupt politicans, traitors and enemies of the state it is only when this will happen that we may just have a chance at surviving as a nation.
If this does not happen before long nigeria will tip over into total anarchy.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

My decision to stay was not borne out of ignorance, I was a very well read boy in my teens and had a complete grasp of world views, especially as it concerns racism. Those friends who left then are not doing better than me in any way, we usually compare notes now and then.
It is the ignorant who always runs, because of their ignorance of hidden opprtunities and a hope of an easy ride to wealth abroad.

That's just hogwash, man. You were a very well-read boy in your teens? You're telling us that you were able to take a conscious decision to stay back in Nigeria as a teen - come on, how realistic is that?

Supposing you actually did sef, you still did not have actual information did you? What racism world view did you base that decision on? Rosa Parks? Malcom X? E.R. Braithwaite? Since you didn't experience it yourself, your rational decision was clearly flawed, for the fact that you did not have enough information.

I still put it to you that you're just doing the Naija thing - telling stories to justify an absurd position you've taken. No wahala, na Internet argument, fire on grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ AjanleKoko, debosky and cap28

Why are you still arguing with people who needs brain transplan. Psychiatrist would have be the best choice for invisible and buzugee but since its lacking in Nigeria, brain transplan will just do it. IBB and off and on strikes really do tremendous damage to their and blinded in one side. I stopped responding to their posts.

invisible lived somewhere in Illinois according to his earlier post. He's deceiving you guys just like the way he doesn't know the states of Nigeria. As for buzugee, that idiot doesn't lived in Nigeria my gits tells me. On page 22, his statement about those who scavenge barbages shows his delusional. Who on earth will have millions in their accounts and still scavenge garbages when they can take half a million and a car for small business. Life is about progress not degrating yourself you know. Why should I continue to scavenge garbages with millions just sitting in bank account.

Like I said before for invisible and buzugee. You need help.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
OvieE:

Why are you still arguing with people who needs brain transplan. Psychiatrist would have be the best choice for invisible and buzugee but since its lacking in Nigeria, brain transplan will just do it. IBB and off and on strikes really do tremendous damage to their and blinded in one side. I stopped responding to their posts.

invisible lived somewhere in Illinois according to his earlier post. He's deceiving you guys just like the way he doesn't know the states of Nigeria. As for buzugee, that doesn't lived in Nigeria my gits tells me. On page 22, his statement about those who scavenge barbages shows his delusional. Who on earth will have millions in their accounts and still scavenge garbages when they can take half a million and a car for small business. Life is about progress not degrating yourself you know. Why should I continue to scavenge garbages with millions just sitting in bank account.

Invisible is based somewhere in illinois? When I dont even own an inter. Passport? Wake up from your crack induced sleep.

Scavenging is serious business, people in Nigeria have found ways to scavenge through refuse dumps looking for useful scraps. They sort aluminium, plastics and other useful items which they sell to recyclers, (mostly small factory owners) it will not surprise me if some of them ride jeeps or have millions of naira in their accounts.
Same things happen abroad, ur brothers spend millions to visit abroad and scavenge through foreign dustbins, where do you think all those useless second hand computers, TVs, cars and electric irons were picked from?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
AjanleKoko:

That's just hogwash, man. You were a very well-read boy in your teens? You're telling us that you were able to take a conscious decision to stay back in Nigeria as a teen - come on, how realistic is that?

Supposing you actually did sef, you still did not have actual information did you? What racism world view did you base that decision on? Rosa Parks? Malcom X? E.R. Braithwaite? Since you didn't experience it yourself, your rational decision was clearly flawed, for the fact that you did not have enough information.

I still put it to you that you're just doing the Naija thing - telling stories to justify an absurd position you've taken. No wahala, na Internet argument, fire on grin

This your post shows me you are a lazy person, physically and intellectually. Let me light a fuse under your chair with more facts, I bought my first land at 19 and my first car at 20. If that wont shake you, I dont know what else will. All teens are not the same and all humans will never be equal. I had a complete grasp about life abroad. My entire neighborhood then almost left, all my friends.
Enjoy yourself!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2010
cap28:

like i said invisible suffers from delusions of grandeur its a coping mechanism, in nigeria everyone wants to be a big man, its the trickle down effect of the kleptocrat gangsters who run the country.  When the masses see how ruthless and callous their leaders are instead of challenging them by organised rebellion (like the ANC of south africa did) they imbibe this same behaviour and mete out this barbarism on each other.  

Earlier on in this thread i  referred to a tragic story in which a young destitute woman who lived under a bridge near sheraton hotel had been repeatedly r.aped by area boys until she eventually contracted hiv aids and died  - what was his chilling response: that "she got what she deserved because she was a harlot".

That should give you an insight into the ruthless and callous mindset of the average nigerian - is this a society that can progress? i think not - what is needed is a mao tse tsung type revolution, mass imprisonments and  mass executions of corrupt politicans, traitors and enemies of the state it is only when this will happen that we may just have a chance at surviving as a nation.
If this does not happen before long nigeria will tip over into total anarchy.

Your own problem is using tabloid headlines to judge millions of people. That story you pulled out lacked merit, it was just laced with sensationalism aimed at capturing the weak emotions of weaklings like you. The world is harsh, and I have never seen anyone in the developed world wo denies that ra.pe, torture and murder is not more prevalent in foreign lands. Watch some crime stories on the cable (if you can afford it)

You can go on as you like, or borrow some money and visit naija, your life may just be turned around for the better.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2010
OvieE:

i may not be nigerian but you are definitely not nigerian. thats for sure. you are probably from togo. matter of fact the name oviE is from togo. dont they have www.togoland.com on the net where you can go hang ? grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by martinosi: 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
cap28:

thanks bro, how are you doing?

I doing good CAP28, i just been reading the Comments at the Economist
on Articles about Nigerian electricity,

What are your thoughts about the up coming election in Nigerian next year,
we need to start a discussion topic about this,

I heard that[b] Tony Blair and the CEO of J P Morgan[/b] were in Nigeria to see President Goodluck, hmmm kind of worrying to me .

Any thoughts on this?

Also Cap have you heard of[b] F William Engdahl[/b], he seems to be very insightful and he has a book out called the "Gods of Money" i just finished
reading it, google him and also check him up on youtube.he has some great
insight about Nigeria too.

His website is www.oilgeopolitics.net

Here's an Interview he had very interesting,

F William Engdahl on Finance & Global Economy

Part 1

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z2rUvbUOR8[/flash]

Part 2

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7h6-rP7nw0[/flash]

Part 3

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhRQgAmu8Y[/flash]
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

we are not Nigerians yet we are defending naija while you who is naija is bringing your country down, well done o!
right right. ovieE is a togolese refuge living in nigeria. he is angry at nigeria because we dont hand out housing benefits to refugees grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2010
martinosi:

you aint miss nothing. that vato is full of kaka grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by footreja: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2010
ishit4body:

[size=18pt]Abeg close this topic. [b]Who cares if you regret or not? Wetin that one getto do with 120 million other Nigerians? LOL. Abeg, all these story na to boost your ego.[/size][/b]

@ ishit4body, you can see that you are a fool. Because this topic is blessed with more than 25 pages, you are still envious. Talking rubbish. Imagine the topic you criticised, you also stupidly copied the topic and started it as an OP.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551775.0.html

Minds of Nigerians, especially home-based, so deceptive and full of hate. Thanks to those who replied you there.  grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2010
OvieE:

invisible lived somewhere in Illinois according to his earlier post. He's deceiving you guys just like the way he doesn't know the states of Nigeria. As for buzugee, that  doesn't lived in Nigeria my gits tells me. On page 22, his statement about those who scavenge barbages shows his delusional. Who on earth will have millions in their accounts and still scavenge garbages when they can take half a million and a car for small business. Life is about progress not degrating yourself you know. Why should I continue to scavenge garbages with millions just sitting in bank account.

scavenging for recyclables is huge business. zero capital. 100 percent profit. you didnt know that ? those guys you see scavenging for cans and whatnot in nigeria all own big houses in their villages. sit their in your myopic state and be pitying them. those are ballers right there. bruh ? nigeria is like 'lifesavers' . it has many flavors. it is a burst of the most exotic flavors in the world. the question is ? is your tongue sensitive enough to taste all the flavors ? a lot of you nigerians are walking around with no taste buds. thats why you cant taste the flavors. yall gotta go see a tongue doctor (ENT). somebody done slapped the taste out of yalls mouth.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2010
invisible!:

This your post shows me you are a lazy person, physically and intellectually. Let me light a fuse under your chair with more facts, I bought my first land at 19 and my first car at 20. If that wont shake you, I dont know what else will. All teens are not the same and all humans will never be equal. I had a complete grasp about life abroad. My entire neighborhood then almost left, all my friends.
Enjoy yourself!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Clap for yourself.
Lots of people bought volkswagon beetles when i was in uni, for 12 thousand naira. We were all teenagers then. In fact, my classmate bought his beetle in 100 level, at 16. Means that, compared to him you've got to be a slowpoke.
I won't even tough that land bit. Carry on in your delusion. Na you biko.
Next try?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Unfortunately I don't seem to fall into any of the three categories so i have to sit on the fence for this one.
Except that you have fallen quite heavily to one side of the fence.  embarassed embarassed
However you are just generalising when you say or imply that Nigerians especially those without proper papers are better off than they would be in Nigeria.
How exactly do you know this especially as we are referring to personal status and wealth, and not the glaring gulf in infrastructure  and opportunities available to the citizenry  in Western countries as compared to developing countries.
You need to be very very cicumspect before you make these sweeping generalisations

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34)

Lekki Conservation Centre LCC: An Overview Of The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa / Helicopter Carrying India's Chief Of Defence Staff, Gen Bipin Rawat Crashes / Air Peace Introduces B737-800 New Generation Aircraft Into Its Operations(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.