Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,367 members, 7,868,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41692 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2010
OvieE:

@ buzugee

Its really a pity to pin-point US homelessness when you know the fact that this homeless people in US has choices and the helps. But they chose to live like that. So I will not consider them homeless but they way they want to live their life just as the ways we choice to live in other countries instead of Nigeria.

This topic have really exposed people like you who hide in good living condition countries and continue to defend Nigeria living conditions and its leaders.

Learn to face the fact about Nigeria. The truth is that I don't regret leaving Nigeria but do I missed it? the answer is yes all because of my precious grandmother. If people you have there as friends and family members continue to tell you on the phone what is really happening, why do continue to ignored it and continue to deceive people about Nigeria.

The truth hurt and I belieave you need help just like Nigeria.

dude, you actually think the homeless in america choose to live like that ? over 10 million people love being homeless ?? grin this man is drankin ogogoro this morning grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzugee:

thanks for this post. you are right on the money. i have seen the poor eat in nigeria and let me tell ya ? they eat better than the rich. they eat like 10 wraps of eba and then their plate is covered up with meat. if i have seen this scenario once, i have seen it a million times when i lived in nigeria. these guys obviously are not nigerians. i think it is becoming apparent.

The poor in naija dont have any food problems nor shelter. I took gifts to my poorest illiterate aunt in the village and imagine my shock when she made me eba and gave me a sweet soup (better than the ones I dey chop for town) come see vegetable and fruits of all types for her backyard!

Buzugee, you are very correct.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2010
invisible!:

The poor in naija dont have any food problems nor shelter. I took gifts to my poorest illiterate aunt in the village and imagine my shock when she made me eba and gave me a sweet soup (better than the ones I dey chop for town) come see vegetable and fruits of all types for her backyard!

Buzugee, you are very correct.
am telling ya, invisible, i think we have an infestation of kenyans and south africans and zimbabweans on nairaland pretending to be nigerians who are hell bent on destroying nigerias image because anybody who is nigerian knows that the poor in nigeria eat the most delicious food. next time when you are visiting ya aunt can i tag along ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwonder: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2010
seriously,you are joking or just ignorant.I grew up in the north and have seen beggars with sores who sleep in the dry cold harmattan outside and hardly eat enough as some poor nigerians dogs.Homeless ppl abound in nigeria, north and south.the other day i gave a beggar hundred naira in lagos and he almost wept.PLEASE IF YOU MUST MAKE AN ARGUEMENT,BE OBJECTIVE!!!!

Of what relevance is that to the topic. So the self-employed low income earners in Nigeria are in the same category as those who for cultural or religous reasons take to begging as an occupation.
Do you not know that a large proportion of adult Nigerians are in fact self employed?

Mr Tensor,i was replying to someone who said the poorest 3% of nigerians can afford a bottle of beer   grin
now it appears you are not in nigeria,probably not a "nigerian".PPL are destitutes in nigeria for various reasons as in the u.s ot just for religious/cultural reasons.i know teachers with families earning less than 13000 naira a month,with their poor parents depending on them.you do the maths.Self employed,hardworking ppl selling pure water making 200 naira per day.please it is wickedness to deny there is poverty in nigeria in the name of 'patroitism"
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzugee:

dude, you actually think the homeless in america choose to live like that ? over 10 million people love being homeless ?? grin this man is drankin ogogoro this morning ;

I think you have never been to Nigeria in your life. I pity you family for never taking you there to see with your eyes. Even before the plane land, look at the windows and you will suddenly develop high blood pressure.

try and carry out a survey on homeless in USA, and the respond will surprise you. You need to wake and face reality. I am done talking to ignorant people like you who have access to everything and happy seeing fellow mates continue to dwell in object poverty.

You are the kind of person who will denied other good life but your own.

I may respond to this topic again but not your post.

TRY AND DO SOME TRAVELING, IT WILL SAME YOU A LOTS OF STRESS
GOOD BYE
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ada24: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2010
oh right so all the poor in nigeria have started drinking bottled water like the rich - right right - ok so I guess those sachets of pure water people drink are in fact the poor transferring the water from the bottle in the plastic bag. hmmmmmm

anyway are any of u grown men going to stop this argument about where its better to be poor and actually think of ways to ensure things work back home.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
justwonder:

seriously,you are joking or just ignorant.I grew up in the north and have seen beggars with sores who sleep in the dry cold harmattan outside and hardly eat enough as some poor nigerians dogs.Homeless ppl abound in nigeria, north and south.the other day i gave a beggar hundred naira in lagos and he almost wept.PLEASE IF YOU MUST MAKE AN ARGUEMENT,BE OBJECTIVE!!!!

Of what relevance is that to the topic. So the self-employed low income earners in Nigeria are in the same category as those who for cultural or religous reasons take to begging as an occupation.
Do you not know that a large proportion of adult Nigerians are in fact self employed?

Mr Tensor,i was replying to someone who said the poorest 3% of nigerians can afford a bottle of beer   grin
now it appears you are not in nigeria,probably not a "nigerian".PPL are destitutes in nigeria for various reasons as in the u.s ot just for religious/cultural reasons.i know teachers with families earning less than 13000 naira a month,with their poor parents depending on them.you do the maths.Self employed,hardworking ppl selling pure water making 200 naira per day.please it is wickedness to deny there is poverty in nigeria in the name of 'patroitism"

there are poor people all over the world. thats just the way it is. but like i said, ill rather be the bottom 3 percent in nigeria than the bottom 3 percent in america because i know i will have a better life being the bottom 3 percent in nigeria
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzugee:

you know thats a good question tensor777. the more i get into it with these guys the more i start to wonder if these guys are even nigerians cuz they know nothing about nigeria. i swear yall are a bunch of kenyans trolling on nairaland trying to make nigeria sound bad. get your butts back to www.kenyaland.com  all these kenyans frontin and perpertratin like they are nigerians.  grin
buzugee:

am telling ya, invisible, i think we have an infestation of kenyans and south africans and zimbabweans on nairaland who are hell bent on destroying nigerias image because anybody who is nigerian knows that the poor in nigeria eat the most delicious food. next time when you are visiting ya aunt can i tag along ? grin grin grin grin

Honestly they dont sound Nigerian one bit, its either they left here during the civil war or had never been here, just like an arab judging America after watching Press TV. The only place some have seen Nigeria is through news headlines.
You are welcome to visit my aunt, I spent hours climbing one tree after another, nearly fell from a mango tree behind her house! See fresh fruits at no price at all!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by fstranger: 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2010
No, I don't regret moving Abroad. F*cking Akatas, Asians, Indians, Whites, and Spanish girls is the best thing to happen to me. I would not have had that kinda opportunity if I stayed in Nigeria. And, at this point, I am not ready to leave that lifestyle for the boring, ugly, dorty girls in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2010
justwonder:

Mr Tensor,i was replying to someone who said the poorest 3% of nigerians can afford a bottle of beer   grin
They, the self employed do drink beer, palmwine, or ogogoro regularly. What difference does it make  if it is not exactly lager beer.
Is that not mere semantics?
So the Buzugee guy is right on point with that statement except you want to claim that 3% of Nigerians which is 3 million Nigerians, are in fact destitute beggars!
One final point is that most of these salaried teachers  do in fact have more than one source of income.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2010
OvieE:

as usual you are talking out of your backside. this seems like a natural trait of yours. talking out of your backside, that is. i have actually lived in nigeria in the past and i know how the place is. i know the different strata of society in nigeria. i also have lived in america and know the different economic strata and dude when i say i am speaking from a place of enlightenment, that is just what i am doing. you, yourself are speaking from an emotional pulpit which is why you make no sense half the time. learn to breath in and breath out. tis good for the body  grin grin crazy oviE
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2010
ada24:

oh right so all the poor in nigeria have started drinking bottled water like the rich - right right - ok so I guess those sachets of pure water people drink are in fact the poor transferring the water from the bottle in the plastic bag. hmmmmmm

anyway are any of u grown men going to stop this argument about where its better to be poor and actually think of ways to ensure things work back home.

BOTTLED WATER ? grin grin grin grin grin grin this is your argument ? grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzugee:

there are poor people all over the world. thats just the way it is. but like i said, ill rather be the bottom 3 percent in nigeria than the bottom 3 percent in america because i know i will have a better life being the bottom 3 percent in nigeria

Is that so Buzugee - would you want any member of your family to trade places with this girl:

a girl who lived under sheraton hotel bridge in lagos FOR FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!! AND WHO WAS R.APED REPEATEDLY BY AREA BOYS BECAUSE OF HER VULNERABILITY.  

a girl who contracted HIV aids and died last year following repeated r.ape from animalistic area boys who took advantage of her?  would you prefer to be in her position?

watch her tragic story here:

http://www.saharareporters.com/video/video-queen-dead
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2010
invisible!:

Honestly they dont sound Nigerian one bit, its either they left here during the civil war or had never been here, just like an arab judging America after watching Press TV. The only place some have seen Nigeria is through news headlines.
You are welcome to visit my aunt, I spent hours climbing one tree after another, nearly fell from a mango tree behind her house! See fresh fruits at no price at all!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2010
ada24:

The poor in Nigeria dont drink bottled water, or even waste money drinking satchet water, the poor have clean streams running through their villages (same stream they have been drinking from all their lives) or wells dug behind their mud huts. Its only people on the go that drink satchet water, bottled water is for the rich, or pretenders.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2010
invisible!:

Well to be fair that is their main problem. The fact they get most of their news about Nigeria from tabloid headlines.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2010
cap28:

Is that so Buzugee - would you want any member of your family to trade places with this girl:

a girl who lived under sheraton hotel bridge in lagos FOR FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!! AND WHO WAS R.APED REPEATEDLY BY AREA BOYS BECAUSE OF HER VULNERABILITY.  

a girl who contracted HIV aids and died last year following repeated r.ape from animalistic area boys who took advantage of her?  would you prefer to be in her position?

is that all you got ? cuz i will pull up a million storys in america worse than that.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2010
ada24:

You are so funny. cheesy cheesy. So whether its bottled or satchet pure water is it not water at the end of the day? Both the rich and poor in fact drink this so called pure water.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ buzugee,  tensor777, and co needs a reality check.

You guys are like animals that let loss and use that opportunity to infect everyone with your disease.
I pity your parents for buying computer in the house, internet and uninterupted electicity. This are some of the thing your advice your mates not enjoy simply you enjoy them going through strougle every single day and night.

reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check mostly buzugee
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2010
cap28:

The girl chose to sell her body and got what was coming to her, compare her to her mates in hair dressing salons, beauty salons, tailoring outfits or just washing plates in bukas, there is no excuse for harlotry.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2010
tensor777:

You are so funny. cheesy cheesy. So whether its bottled or satchet pure water is it not water at the end of the day? Both the rich and poor in fact drink this so called pure water.
this is how she distinguishes between the rich and the poor. the consumption of bottled water grin grin grin grin extremely comedic
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2010
OvieE:

@ buzugee,  tensor777, and co needs a reality check.

You guys are like animals that let loss and use that opportunity to infect everyone with your disease.
I pity your parents for buying computer in the house, internet and uninterupted electicity. This are some of the thing your advice your mates not enjoy simply you enjoy them going through strougle every single day and night.

reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check
reality check most buzugee
leave that ogogoro alone. it is making you crazy grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2010
Buzugee,

Its obvious you havent lived in Nigeria for a long time.

The Almajiris that scavenge dustbins for food, What percentage do they make? Are Almajiris not Nigerians too?

Do you know the poor in America can get welfare, food stamp and even section 8 houses?

What govt aid can people in Nigeria get when they are poor?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2010
Things are bad in Nigeria no doubt, but we are not all dead and buried, in fact, some smart Nigerians are getting richer and will not like our fellow suffering brethren abroad to add insult to the injury whites inflict on us daily.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ada24: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzz - the little i can tell from some of ur posts clearly indicate that ur an intelligent guy but to come out here and tell us the poor and rich in Nigeria are dining alike is too ridiculous for words - hence why i went to the bottled water factor - or don't human being drink water again?

the fact is the rich and poor do not eat alike and trust me the poor do not shop in supermarkets like the rich - i mean its very hard to see fat kids in a poor family but there are just way too many overweight kids wandering around Palms (whenever i have been there) anyway i digress, the point is I think this is a statement that u should either retract or tell the truth about.

I didn't grow up in Nigeria but stayed there for a few years and have been on lots of holidays and trust me if u have money in Nigeria its very hard to want to live in the west but no everyone has money in Nigeria and I do find it very disturbing that because of the level of poverty back home it has infected the mentality of many people who have a very strange moral code.

If things in Nigeria worked trust me a lot of people who come home but u also have to understand that no matter how much money u have if you have kids u really do have to think about their safety b4 u even contemplate moving back. I am always going on about healthcare cos I personally believe that it is important that everyone no matter how rich or poor u are have access to basic medical care and I'm sorry but I don't know how people can come on here posting pics of mansions shouting about young boys driving brand new (foreign) cars when people are dying of simple strains of malaria and more women die in childbirth in Nigeria more than any other country ON THIS earth apart from India. That is what we should be trying to eradicate and not a material d*ck measuring competition.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by fstranger: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Buzugee,

The Almajiris that scavenge dustbins for food, What percentage do they make? Are Almajiris not Nigerians too?

[b]Do you know the poor in America can get welfare, food stamp and even section 8 houses?[/b]What govt aid can people in Nigeria get when they are poor?

Really, why the heck am I working. Please, can you explain me how to get on welfare?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Buzugee,

Do you know the poor in America can get welfare, food stamp and even section 8 houses?

What govt aid can people in Nigeria get when they are poor?
now you are just making stuff up to make it sound dire. if anyone is scavenging in the dustbins in nigeria, it is because they are looking for recyclable objects to sell. poor people in america can get welfare for only x amount of years after which they are cut off for life. after that you are on your own.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

Really, why the heck am I working. Please, can you explain me how to get on welfare?
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

right right  grin grin grin grin grin grin dayokanu just making stuff up as he goes along
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzugee:

is that all you got ? cuz i will pull up a million storys in america worse than that.

in america there is a safety net, there is welfare, there is medicaid, last time i checked nigeria couldnt even provide proper health care facilities for its citizens who pay for the service  so don't even go there.

Also in america, there are so many charities, churches, not for profit groups who actually help poor and vulnerable people, the other day i watched a documentary about a town in california (fresno) where an overwhelming majority of its inhabitants are substance abusers they were using a drug called crystal meth - a cheap drug which can be bought for just $10 which gives you a temporary high and escape from your problems - but you should see the support services in place to help these people, even to the extent that many were given help and advice on how to wean themselves off the drug, now i know that nigeria should not be compared to america as both countries are light years apart but  you are saying you would rather be poor in nigeria which is a ruthless, society where its every man to himself whereas with america despite its emphasis on materialism, selfishness and individuality it STILL provides a safety net for the weak and vulnerable.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
invisible!:

The girl chose to sell her body and got what was coming to her, compare her to her mates in hair dressing salons, beauty salons, tailoring outfits or just washing plates in bukas, there is no excuse for harlotry.

You are talking out of your back passage!! if she was a harlot what on earth was she doing living under a bridge?  is that where harlots live?  and even if she were a harlot - is she not a human being?  should she have been abused and abandoned under a bridge like human debris?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
buzugee:

now you are just making stuff up to make it sound dire. if anyone is scavenging in the dustbins in nigeria, it is because they are looking for recyclable objects to sell.

Obviously you know Nothing about Nigeria. Just hang out with your uncles in lekki and enjoy life.

Recyclable things to sell? You are very funny. Ask anyone what Almajiris are? And what are their numbers like

poor people in america can get welfare for only x amount of years after which they are cut off for life. after that you are on your own.

X amount of yrs, How long does Govt in Nigeria give poor people welfare for?

Fstranger. Go talk to a social worker. Do you know people who lose their jobs get unemployment benefits?

Welfare, Food stamp, medicaid,

Those unemployed people in Port Harcourt stadium, how many of them get unemployment benefits

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34)

United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / Suspected Yahoo Boys Kill Furniture Apprentice With Toyota Camry In Delta (Pix) / Thread For France Prospective Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.