Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football (85122 Views)

5 Nigerian Stars Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football / 3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It / 5 African Stars Who Became Broke After Amassing So Much Wealth From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by petitejolie(f): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ifeanyi udeze, segun odegbami and co are typical example while talent is not just enough, Pali is important. If not for education they might have become agberos after dier football career ended.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by CanadianNaija: 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
htweet:
Eboue takes the crown. I don't believe anyone else can so much fall from grace to grass like him till thy kingdom come!!

Very pathetic story i tell you. Watched an interview he gave of how he was homeless and occasionally had to go hide in ones of his houses that the court gave to his wife, and when they found out police was called to evict him.

He isn't evene in contact with his kids from her, she basically took everything he laboured for years to gain in that country. Yet men have mouth to talk trash about African women. The one paining me is that the girlfriend that struggled with him that he dumped to marry her, is who he has gone back to and married.

The idiot still even marry am, poverty is really in her destiny

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Nanatrendy(f): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
voltron14:

Only 200k dollars a year he pays you say?

You see what I mean?
it may seem huge to you but to him it's ok he worth alot, in a ghanaian divorce court they look at how much the man earns and a reasonable amount will be demanded to be given for the upkeep of the kids, his kids live and school in london so that amout of money for 3 kids based in London is ok. He's not been asked to share his money and assets with her so he's actually had it cool. Eboue had everything snatched from him there's a difference
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by GoldHorse(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
hisgrace090:
Its a pity!

May we never fall after fame.

Falling is normal. Not being able to stand up thereafter is the problem.

Never, EVER, give up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Nanatrendy(f): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
CanadianNaija:

The fool did, they had a modest wedding within his means. I guess she doesn't deserve the lavish life, as the struggle lover wey she be.

But his white wife had a lavish wedding, and all the expensive things you can think of. Women just don't learn.
angry angry
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by GoldHorse(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
bluefilm:
Add Iron Mike Tyson to the list biko.

Hmmm.? I beg when did Tyson become African footballer?

1 Like

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by funbet: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
somehow:
He's not a presenter.

He's got a show on brilafm

Some of you don't know how radio or media work

You can pay for airtime to promote whatever idea you have and host it yourself if you want

This is what Udeze does on radio

Its his show

I think its a 1 to 2 hours show per day.
I won't argue much with you.
He did not buy any Airtime on Brilla, he joined as one of their football analyst in the Good Morning Crew.
The programme "Udeze Diary" was not owned by him. It was.coined for him by Brilla.
As much as I don't know his financial status but saying he personally owned a programme on Brilla is a big fat lie.
Brilla is my radio from morning till Night,so I know "the man wey sabi" very well.

1 Like

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by toye440: 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Annie001:
Who told you that they are broke?
Are you their bank manager?
So because they have decided to lay low they are broke,
Mtchheew
guy Wilson Oruma and Eboue are both broke, judging by what they use to hv or own. Oruma was duped while Eboue white woman divorce wrecked him down.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Aquarapha: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
Village people
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by tck2000(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
[quote author=grandstar post=83480375]

It may not have paid as much now but it still paid very well.

The prime problem is that these footballers spent as though their careers would never end. A football career is short and most retire by the time they are 35. If you retire and you keen spending the way you did while still playing football, you'll end up broke. They can't even afford to spend up to 20% of what they were previously earning and not go broke if they have no investments

If I was to provide simple financial advise, I would say invest 60% of your post tax income every year of your professional career. Reinvestment the profits from your investment.

The safest investment is real estate. If they wanted to invest in Nigeria, they could build blocks of six bedroom flats. If a block of 6 flats is built every 2years during a 12 year career, there'd be a total of 36 flats waiting for him, bringing in 36 x 1.2m = 43.2m a year which is 100,000 pounds sterling. With such an income after retirement,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by DelphiOracle(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
kheny12:
No,most of his talk is based on lie during udeze diary at Brills FM 88.9.
ok.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by OtemAtum: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
Segkem2013:
It's better not to taste wealth at all than to taste it and be relegated to poverty league. It will be like money ritual gone wrong.
They cannot be so poor that they won't have any houses and cars of their own. So in my own opinion, they are still not poor, they are not just as rich as they used to be.

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by OtemAtum: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
funbet:

He did not buy any Airtime on Brilla, he joined as one of their football analyst in the Good Morning Crew.
The programme "Udeze Diary" was not owned by him. It was.coined for him by Brilla.
As much as I don't know his financial status but saying he personally owned a programme on Brilla is a big fat lie.
Brilla is my radio from morning till Night,so I know "the man wey sabi" very well.

Being on Brila isn't a proof that someone is poor, or is it?
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by funbet: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
OtemAtum:

Being on Brila isn't a proof that someone is poor, or is it?
Did I say he is poor? I believe you saw where I wrote that I didn't know anything about his financial status or didn't you?
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by idesylvester(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
kheny12:
I know ifeanyi udeze will be there grin,He can lie for Africa,During his show on 88.9 Brilla FM at 8.30am from Monday to Friday.Why won't they broke when they will be doing pass themselves.
I could remember at a point Kanu Nwakwo seized his watch one time at navy barracks worth 50,000 dollars then when dollar was still 149. Kano told him to invest else they'll have issues and he refused to listen. He even went further to buy more watches and cars, even for his girlfriends

1 Like

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by somehow: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
funbet:

Coined for him by who? Do you know Taribo west, Oliseh, Dodo Mayana and Aghoavoah also come on air on brila too occasionally? Does it also mean they are broke?

Udeze's diary is a show he anchors not because he's broke. What exactly do you know about him?

How much can Izamoze pay him for his daily 2 hours or less show?

Hope you know he's also a football agent?
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by somehow: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
idesylvester:

I could remember at a point Kanu Nwakwo seized his watch one time at navy barracks worth 50,000 dollars then when dollar was still 149. Kano told him to invest else they'll have issues and he refused to listen. He even went further to buy more watches and cars, even for his girlfriends
You were with them when this happened? Were you also there when he was taking a dump in a gold made toilet?
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Legendguru: 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
HMmmm
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by funbet: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
somehow:
Coined for him by who? Do you know Taribo west, Oliseh, Dodo Mayana and Aghoavoah also come on air on brila too occasionally? Does it also mean they are broke?

Udeze's diary is a show he anchors not because he's broke. What exactly do you know about him?

How much can Izamoze pay him for his daily 2 hours or less show?

Hope you know he's also a football agent?
Guy no put word for my mouth now,I didn't say he is broke I only said he is now with Brilla.
I also said I didn't know his financial status.
Though Poor is relative you know?
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by West2019(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
nawoa some people go just seat down for one corner just dey monitor people way of living .Them broke dem.no broke e no concern me
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by daneni1(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
livebyday:

He is worth $3 million only

https://wealthygorilla.com/mike-tyson-net-worth/

Thank you for the info
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by livebyday(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
oldtruth:

We can both proof that here.
[/s]
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by somehow: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
funbet:
Guy no put word for my mouth now,I didn't say he is broke I only said he is now with Brilla.
I also said I didn't know his financial status.
Though Poor is relative you know?
Alright
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jobio1:
This news has given me a federal government job.
hahahaha
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by stagger: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
funbet:
Anytime I hear udeze voice on brilla,I go just dey pity d guy.

You are funny. You are pitying a guy who I know built a N30million house he is living in, and at least has a gig on Brila FM. Yet you are asking for a N5,000 loan (probably to do your sports betting).

Guy, reset yourself quickly.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by stagger: 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Very pathetic story i tell you. Watched an interview he gave of how he was homeless and occasionally had to go hide in ones of his houses that the court gave to his wife, and when they found out police was called to evict him.

He isn't evene in contact with his kids from her, she basically took everything he laboured for years to gain in that country. Yet men have mouth to talk trash about African women. The one paining me is that the girlfriend that struggled with him that he dumped to marry her, is who he has gone back to and married.

The idiot still even marry am, poverty is really in her destiny

When a woman loves you, she does so unconditionally.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by idesylvester(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
somehow:
You were with them when this happened? Were you also there when he was taking a dump in a gold made toilet?
The most richest man in the world had friends when he was poor. because you don't know me doesn't mean I don't know anyone. You don't deserve to speak on every issue bro.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by somehow: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
idesylvester:

The most richest man in the world had friends when he was poor. because you don't know me doesn't mean I don't know anyone. You don't deserve to speak on every issue bro.
You're still not making sense.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Seun360(m): 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
funbet:
Anytime I hear udeze voice on brilla,I go just dey pity d guy.

Pity am say wetin happen, his he the first ex footballer that joined the media after retirement?

Una no sha dey get sense for this country.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jobio1:
This news has given me a federal government job.
Bro how, I need that job too. please I need it so urgently, either in mechanical engineering field or any other.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Cantonese: 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
KingLennon:
With all the millions of pounds he was raking yearly, Emmanuel Ebuoe became broke? His story should serve as a lesson to young men

Rubbish. Eboue got swindled by his English wife as she took over his possessions made out in her name. After the stress he returned to football in Turkey where he is part of the coaching crew in his present time. How is he broke?
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Frankiss44(m): 12:20am On Oct 27, 2019
livebyday:

He is worth $3 million only

https://wealthygorilla.com/mike-tyson-net-worth/

Ogbeni 3million dollars na you call only? He be like say you be undercover Hushpuppi oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos) / DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.