Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me (48607 Views)

My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / After My Mother Died, I Became Obsessed With Dead Bodies / Today Marks The 18th Year Since My Dad Died, I Blazesam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Pjay18: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
I believe you need serious attention and please don't joke with it. The solution is not on social media, you need God's word. Do you believe in God? Then visit your pastor and explain to him. May God help you in Jesus name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Wizvicky(m): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
OP just took me back memory lane. when I was younger, I guess 15-16 years old. I used to think like that. anytime my dad or mom left and failed to come back in time. I think it's a faze. u will get over it soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by davillian(m): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
I don't think its normal
My dad died sept 12 2010
I was supposed to stay with him at the ICU but I went home that day
The next morning mum called asked me to come I knew he was gone...
Got there and it was true her pastors were already there I lead the prayer started strong but broke down half way and cried..
Called the ambulance I carried him myself into the ambulance and deposited him at the mortuary he was still warm.
I have this mind set "who don die don die " life goes on
Worrying about someone won't save them from dying when its time we would all pay the debt...
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:
Since My Dad Died, This Thing Happens To Me. Is It Normal. Please Help

Every since I turn 16 have been afraid of death but not for myself but for the people around me. Each time the people I love are not around me. I always think of how they will die and how the news will come to me. Have had dreams about it. My dad died when I was 14, I wasn't close to him but I felt it .... Is this normal or am I the only one

Please if is not, how can I stop it. It's getting out of hand, am unable to live my life properly now

Dear Abetterperson,

I lost my Pa when I was 8, I was about entering to Primary 5 when I got the news that Dad had an accident. Truth was I didn't cry maybe because I was just a kid. But years later, I began experiencing all what you are experiencing. Even till date, I still fright anytime Mum or Bro travels, I just don't want anyone of them gone too.

What you are experiencing is purely psychological, it's a reflection of how you really care about your Family and friends. I'm not really a fan of my Brother but any thought of his death scares the shit outta me. Please disregard any advise from those saying you need deliverance, you just gotta accept reality. Every Psychological problem can be healed through constant reprogramming of the sub conscious mind. I'd like you to read Napoleon Hill's "Think and grow rich", he really emphasized on how one can program one's mind through autosuggestion.

Look for NDE groups on Facebook and also read NDE stories on Nderf.org. NDE stories can really help you to recover from the after-effect of your Dad's death. If you'd need anyone to talk to, I'd be gladly available.

BTW, I'm 18. I believe you are strong enough to come through this stage in life. My dad wrote in one of his Journal:

'Death is merely a transition to the world beyond."

I wish you une bon temps en ton temps ici en le monde.

1 Like

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Funkybabee(f): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
lols..

try to conqure death I mean take it at something normal.....
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by dejifun(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
You cannot select the thoughts that will always come to your mind, but you can control them. Anytime they come, try to rebuke them. The Devil is cunning. Just rebuke them in the Name of Jesus. And carry on. They won't do you or your loved ones any harm. Please, also, pray more. The Lord will help you. Shalom!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by eodavids(m): 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:

Every since I turn 16 have been afraid of death but not for myself but for the people around me. Each time the people I love are not around me. I always think of how they will die and how the news will come to me. Have had dreams about it. My dad died when I was 14, I wasn't close to him but I felt it .... Is this normal or am I the only one

Please if is not, how can I stop it. It's getting out of hand, am unable to live my life properly now

SoLUTION: draw closer to God. Its fear that is playing mind game on you. You must break that yoke of fear and uncertainty.

With God beside you all times, your fear and uncertainty will dissipate and fade away.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by litaninja(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
Quite natural. Nothing reminds you of mortality better than the passing of a close person....

Abetterperson:

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Burger01(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
ATTemi:
Bros calm down.

Must we disturb God on things we can do with our common sense?
cheesy grin
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Legendguru: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
Oh
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by 9jaSteelKing7: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Someone within ur father's or ur mother's family is already manipulating ur destiny through witchcraft. U need run into Christ & pray ur destiny out of their satanic siege.
Take my word seriously.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by bonetalk(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Homeboiy:
All shall die

Take death as a natural thing
valar mogorlis
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by jclassiq(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
Can we say you have a case of post-traumatic stress disorder(PTSD)?

I'm not sure but you need therapy of some kind.

I wish you well dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Beautiful Gift God Gave To Me Through Facebook / DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) / Chinese Woman Gives Birth To Twins From 2 Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.