Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me (48622 Views)

My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / After My Mother Died, I Became Obsessed With Dead Bodies / Today Marks The 18th Year Since My Dad Died, I Blazesam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by shogsman(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2019
Engage yourself with time consuming activities and think of death as a rest then you’ll be free.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Lovine: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2019
Suggest you visit scoan, your deliverance is assured and it is free of charge
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by rexlims(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2019
@op are u d first child? If yes, d feeling is normal. Cos u have unconsciously assumed dat role of watching over d entire family.
Every day I wake up before 12 noon, I try to call all my siblings just to hear their voices.
So d feeling is normal and also pray for them in Ur normal daily prayers and leave Ur life. Cos las las we all go kpeme.
Peace.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Awe4luv(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:
Since My Dad Died, This Thing Happens To Me. Is It Normal. Please Help

Every since I turn 16 have been afraid of death but not for myself but for the people around me. Each time the people I love are not around me. I always think of how they will die and how the news will come to me. Have had dreams about it. My dad died when I was 14, I wasn't close to him but I felt it .... Is this normal or am I the only one

Please if is not, how can I stop it. It's getting out of hand, am unable to live my life properly now
my guy,you are just a bloody coward....my dad died when I was at that age, the aftermath effect on me was that I became fearless to death coz I believe life isn't certain, infact u not promised tomoro, just don't wanna fall sick and be dragged around, I would wanna die on the spot, infact I can die immediately I finish typing this.....death is nothing so stop been a coward!
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by benzzyno(m): 11:53am On Oct 26, 2019
ALL FEARS ARE CAUSED BY INABILITY OF UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTING THE TRUTH
(thanatophobia inclusive)

At a point in my life i used to be very scared of losing a loved one.. It was very bad that anytime i got call from my loved ones i thought something bad happened.. It all changed when i actually suffered the loss of my dad.

What you have, you can loose that's the only truth.
Everything you have today and you feel it's yours, it's only because you are alive and you still have life but one day you will lose this life to and everything you consider to be yours would be forever left by you, be it possessions, power, relatives etc.. So why fear?..

Another reason that creates thanatophobia (fear of loosing a loved one) is 'attachments'.. Sounds wired but it's the truth. When you get deeply attracted to someone you lose yourself in him/her, your own existence fades away.. You become their being, you laugh when there laugh and cry when there do you feel everything they feel and at such moment in life you forget to feel yourself without them these attachments removes all gap between you and them and you become ONE literally. Now loosing them becomes loosing yourself and that is the root cause of the fear of losing someone because that someone is actually you. The you that your attachment with them has notured, shaped and created investing alot of time and emotions with the hope of staying together forever. Now the fear is not losing someone but yourself.. The you that was created through attachments. Now don't fear loosing the 'you' created by attachment because there is still the real 'you' in there that needs attention accept the truth, it is the real you who is more important.

Finally when you think negative, you are sorrounded with fears. Don't think negative about the future put your hopes in God and believe that whatever he does he would do in your favour. Faith alone kills every fear of the future..

Hope this helps.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Macgyver1: 11:57am On Oct 26, 2019
darol4real:
Deliverance is the way out

Deliverance from what? Mtchwww
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by bekpo(m): 11:58am On Oct 26, 2019
It's normal, it happened to me when I lost my mum at age 12. U will heal as time goes on. Stop panicking, put urself together and try forget the death. Get urself busy with other things to avoid much pressure of thinking abt ur late dad. Good lock to u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by folks4luv(f): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2019
That is a ripple effect of your dad's death. i Went through the same thing, after 5 years of my Dad's death, i cant say i have gotten over it to some extent. You need to work on your mind. When the imaginations and thoughts come, think about something more pleasant. This will train your mind not to focus on death. Also, accept there is nothing you can do to stop death, so enjoy the moment. If you are a Christian, pray about it, read the bible too, it works
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Explorece: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
phidipe:
please my brother
i had the same experience when my mum and my sister died, this is a demon of death sent into the world from the kingdom of darkness, if you are a christian i would advise you to attend 3 days deliverance program any MFM Church. It has helped a lot of people including me. Please do this don't what people have being telling you. that is the best solution

Hello...not everything needs deliverance na...
African & dis deliverance mentality...
Let him work on himself, study d scripture, occupied his. Mind with d right things...
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Gwagone: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
It happens, the only secret to it is that you should get your mind off it. Nobody wey e no go paint. I lost my mom years ago, I imagined my life without a mother. I will not die but live
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by laivwire(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Valar Morghulis
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Reuben2012(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is my own view. You said you had this FEELING before lost your dad. I know you are still young you might not know much about spiritual thing.
All this feeling of a thing should not be taken for granted. The holy spirit might awakening your spirit to pray against such occurrence that very moment. Since
you are not sensitive enough and also with the level of your understanding on how the holy spirit works. I wont say my much
Pray the more and always be on alert to pray when you have either a positive or negative feeling towards anybody which is unusual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Iykenuwa(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hebrews 2:14-15 KJV
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

[15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Agugbadin: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:

Every since I turn 16 have been afraid of death but not for myself but for the people around me. Each time the people I love are not around me. I always think of how they will die and how the news will come to me. Have had dreams about it. My dad died when I was 14, I wasn't close to him but I felt it .... Is this normal or am I the only one

Please if is not, how can I stop it. It's getting out of hand, am unable to live my life properly now

Read the scripture and feed your self with the word of God
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by 12345baba(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Slap urself 16 times and u will be alright
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Originalsly: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
You think of the death of the people around you... have you thought of your own death? ... think about doing the best you can today because tomorrow life is not guaranteed.... think about the good your father has done.... and focus on your life. What good did you do yesterday?... just thinking about who maybe met Death?
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Goldencheese(m): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
You have an awesome life ahead of you, think life, peace, prosperity and joy. Engage in positive affirmations. If you are a Christian, read your Bible and claim the promises of life in it. Change your company. Get good friends that'll motivate you and not put you down or feed your fears.

You can't die. You will fulfill your destiny in grand style, become great, father your own children and live to the maximum number of years in good old age that you want.

You are blessed.

Abetterperson:

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by VicM6: 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
This could only happen if your father was killed by someone or involved in an accident. but if his death was clean then you shouldn't be panicking...
be calm, everyone is gona die someday and once death comes, we only weep for sometime and move on with our lifes..... THIS IS LIFE FOR YOU BRO.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by CaptainFM1: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
Darkness occurs due to absence of light. Surround yourself with lots of positive thoughts and positive people. Chase out the negative feelings and negative atmosphere gradually and you get past this ur state. Having said that, everybody will die anyway.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by ozueozue(m): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
its a very NORMAL THING, i guess this is your first time you've lost a blood. i had same experience in 2007 i was way too young then and several friends and neighbors passed away b4 that year and i never felt anything [to me i was thinking say i be STRONG MAN ohh DEATH NEWS no the move me] boom August 2007, i Lost my elder sister at that moment of her demise during the burial and funeral kinikoo i was kind of still feeling like one badt guy everyone was crying wailing so hard even my brothers [elder], after like two weeks after every every i started having that feeling, if my dad or any of my friends and family members will b traveling or keeping late hour that fear of something bad or possible death i will just be having that feeling or anxiety, it was way too much even affecting my dreams dark thoughts was just my every seconds grief. i then summon the courage to talk to my dad about everything he just smiled at me and said BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER i should know this. my dear just look for persons to talk to am telling you that feeling will just depart from You
Abetterperson:

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by udoekere: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
When i was a little boy i'd imagine how live will be when ma mom is gone and i'd be crying and all those stuff but as i grew up those imagination fade off. So op it'z just a matter of time u'd be ok if only u try to be positive
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Charly68: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
What you are going through isn't normal,it is what we called demonic strongholds ,the demon must be cast out and your mind and thought will be normal. It is a spiritual truth that whatever you fear will surely come. Satan rules by instilling fear into peoples mind but God rules by faith . Please seek for help
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by abbey621(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
Once you understand the principle of mortality then you'll understand that life and death are just steps of a natural order. Everyone has their time, the grief/anxiety you feel is only felt by you or those living, once the person has died they've moved on to the next phase of the cycle. LIVE YOUR LIFE! Stop worrying about things you cannot control otherwise you might lose the things you can control!
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by mechanics(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Once the thought of that comes to your mind, always be saying the blood of Jesus and nothing will happen, you can seek your pastor's counseling.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by rayobaba(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
No issue here. Whenever the thought come, just confirm to yourself it's a false and evil thought. Don't bother urself abt d thought coming. Let d thought come, just don't dwell on it. Gradually u wl stop having d thought.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
akinade28:
When you over think or fix your mind on negative things, the mind has a way of processing those mental pictures into dreams. This will lead to constant fear, saddness, anxiety and worry. The food for negative thoughts is when you overthink or dwell on them. So don't feed negative thought.
Yes, you lost your father at a tender age, but it doesnt mean you will loose everyone you love. That's the reality of life
Whenever those negative thoughts come snap out of it and replace them with positive thought. Start imagining good things. Or distract yourself with other activities like listening to music or going out.
I repeat " Don't feed negative thought"
See a psychologist for professional help or if you are a religious person you can also see your pastor.
the best I've read today!
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Santinho: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Op I can imagine what you are passing through. It's obvious His death still look imaginary to you and you still think more about him hence, the fear of losing those around you.
Try and accept the fact that your father is gone and he cannot come back again.
Fill your heart with good thoughts. Get busy with something. Stay around people that make you happy. Catch fun and work towards the future because you still have a lot to achieve.
Moreover, death is inevitable and man must die someday and there is nothing you can do to stop it when it's time.
Live happily.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by grandstar(m): 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Many people are like you. You are not alone.

One thing that can help you is to know the state of the dead.

The Bible, sheds light on it.

Eccl 9:5-6 says that''5 For the living know* that they will die,f but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.

Eccl 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going."

So, the dead are conscious of nothing at all, they know nothing. They are powerless. They can not harm you. Your dad if you think he is upset with you can not harm you. He is conscious of nothing at all.

Any hope for the dead ? When Job was in severe pain, he prayed for death at Job 13:`13-15 "13

O that in the Grave you would conceal me,l
That you would hide me until your anger passes by,
That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!
14 If a man dies, can he live again?
I will wait all the days of my compulsory service
Until my relief comes.
15 You will call, and I will answer you.
You will long for the work of your hands.

In Job's prayer, he looked forward to the resurrection hope. If God should call your father, he will definitely answer won't he? Jehovah has a yearning for the work of his hands. So, pray that your dad is in Jehovah's memory, in his book of remembrance. I pray my name too will be there were i do die today. We must work hard for it to be there. It is not a given (1 Timothy 4:10)

1 Like

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Gspotlicker(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:

i lost my dad when i was 11 but now am 19 december is making me 20 though am conscious of death but am not afraid of it (one day we all will die it's just a matter of time)
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:

It is normal that the death of people close to us show us the mortality and brevity of human life. However you need to remember to live and stop thinking about death all the time. Fold it into you life, live well, love well and cherish the people in your life because you know this life is fleeting.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Jochabed(f): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
The devil is trying to ins-lave you with the spirit of fear. It's so unfortunate that it happened to your dad, but bro that doesn't mean it will happen to you or anyone around you. Trust me, I too feel the same way a times, but all in all, just be prayerful.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Barzinime(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
It's just an anxiety disorder and it could happen to anyone after a traumatic experience.
Stop making everything religious
darol4real:
Deliverance is the way out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help. / See The Beautiful Gift God Gave To Me Through Facebook / Chinese Woman Gives Birth To Twins From 2 Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.