Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC (38663 Views)

Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / 2023 Presidency: We Are Waiting For Tinubu To Decide – Akeredolu / Olawunmi: Boko Haram Named Governors, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by nwanwaoge(m): 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
oz4real83:
Already too late for that. Decamping to Apc will only swell the ranks of Apc. Many are of the opinion that south-east has contributed so little to the growth of Apc to deserve a presidential ticket. South east won't even get a vice presidential ticket though everybody deserves equal chances of getting to the office of the president. How many states in south-east are for Apc? How many Apc senators are from there? How do you think the decamping of a few will automatically change the status quo? Decamping now is a sign of desperation which many Apc politicians already knew, they will only laugh over it as a joke and turn to the other side. This is how the politics of Nigeria is played.
Good sense of reason from a sincere fellow. Well done ��

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Yebosola(m): 5:36am On Nov 06, 2019
ProWalker:

That is the end game of those pushing the theory that APC should handover the ticket to SE, the easiest way for their darling PDP to come back to power

They will wait till eternity, politics is not for mediocres, is been played by ruthless individuals, that's y you see them switching party at will, because they know themselves, APC is going for the jugular soon after this Supreme Court verdict, is no retreat, no surrender, they were watching PDP closely, counting all the judgments worn by PDP from local govt to state govt in predominantly APC enclaves. Wait and see, election rigging are always rigged 2 years to election year, that's y i do pity our lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by stonemasonn: 6:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Ikinternational:
Politics is supposed to be about ideology. But not in Nigeria. And no one seems to be bothered.

Even on nairaland, for all the noise making, nobody can tell you what pdp stands for. What apc stands for. Everybody here just to make clueless noise. As if there's a character difference between the two parties
APC had an Ideology..... until the cabal took over.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by oyatz(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
Hmn,you people are very funny Sha.
Are you for real?

You said you have problem with Buhari and you expect Buhari to handover to you?

Doesn't it occur to you that Buhari will play a vital role in chosing the APC flag bearer?
Do you know anybody who likes to give power to his enemies?

Ikinternational:

Excuse me, how old is apc? If you remove ex pdp members, how much of the party will be left? Is apc votes in igboland 0%? N if we're being honest, is the igbos problem not with Buhari as leader of the party not the party itself? N using the past 5yrs as evidence, can you honestly say they were wrong?

Btw, Just imagine if the Republican party of America reasoned like you with their black population?
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by oyatz(m): 7:32am On Dec 11, 2019
Some people have invested their time, energy and resources in opposition parties for years, ensured their merger and nurtured the new party to this level but you think that they will fold their arms while a new enterant at the 11th hour will just stroll into the party and be handed the presidential ticket for the party ?

Things don't work like this in real life.

Even at the local level,can you name one person in your State or Geopolitical zone who just decamped at the 11th hour and was rewarded with the Governorship ticket and everything went well and he won!

Such a political blunder will precipitate crisis in the APC that will lead to it's defeat.

AK481:
Sure . Ebonyi state gov ,Engr. Dave omahi needs to decamp now.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by AK481(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2019
oyatz:
Some people have invested their time, energy and resources in opposition parties for years, ensured their merger and nurtured the new party to this level but you think that they will fold their arms while a new enterant at the 11th hour will just stroll into the party and be handed the presidential ticket for the party ?

Things don't work like this in real life.

Even at the local level,can you name one person in your State or Geopolitical zone who just decamped at the 11th hour and was rewarded with the Governorship ticket and everything went well and he won!

Such a political blunder will precipitate crisis in the APC that will lead to it's defeat.

Sen dino malaye 2015
Sen smart adeyemi 2019

Ortom 2019
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by oyatz(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
This is the mistake you are making, you don't understand the politics of Nigeria deeply as you assume.

1) Dino Melaye was part of the ANC that merged with others to form APC. He actually left the PDP after being rigged out in the primaries for the House of Reps for the 2011 election and crossed to the ANPP,then ACN where he became the DG of Abubakar Audi Campaign Organization for Kogi 2011 election.

2) Smart Adeyemi had joined the APC shortly after the 2015 and was specifically sponsored by certain vested powers in the APC to neutralize Dino Melaye.

3) In Benue State, what happened was beyond Ortom as a candidate, the entire APC structure left APC for the PDP because of the unfortunate Fulani Herdsmen crisis.

4) Unless the receiving party is moribound, it's difficult to decamp to a new party at the 11th hour and be rewarded with their most prized possession. It almost always leads to crisis.

5) If this should happen, it means the party does NOT value loyalty. You will see those who have invested their time, energy and resources (if not well placated) leaving the party or working to undermine the success of the party.

The party needs loyal and committed members to win elections.

6) Presidential election anywhere in the world is not a tea party. It requires a lot of preparations, criss crossing the length and breadth of the country, negotiating and horsetrading with different power brokers.

If you plan to win a presidential election in 3 years time and you are still thinking of whether you should decamp or not, then you have been defeated already.

AK481:

Sen dino malaye 2015
Sen smart adeyemi 2019

Ortom 2019
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by oyatz(m): 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
About 18 million voters registered in the NW, 14 millions in the SW with APC getting 15 millions while PDP got 11 million votes. Where did you see the 24 million votes sir?

LabDNA:

Get away with your hatred, Nigerians won't listen to unhealthy emotional dying leaves like you who intend to drag the branch down due to your toxic emotions. 11 million Nigerians voted out of 24 million voters voted for a ticket with an Obi on it this year, most were non-Igbo. Statistically that is close to 50% of Nigerians who voted. Even Osibanjo lost his polling unit to Obi this year right in yorubaland. So yes! Nigerians will vote an Igbo.

So you can't just sit in your dirty hut and start making demented blanket statements about Igbo presidency. Go away with your hateful poverty-induced toxic emotions. Go fix your rotten life please.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
oyatz:
Hmn,you people are very funny Sha.
Are you for real?

You said you have problem with Buhari and you expect Buhari to handover to you?

Doesn't it occur to you that Buhari will play a vital role in chosing the APC flag bearer?
Do you know anybody who likes to give power to his enemies?

Guy I bet you think you said something smart. Smh

If we were to do an honest poll of all Nigerians about Buhari's leadership ability/job approval ratings, will it be more positive or negative? Me n you both know the answer to that. So does that mean that a majority of Nigerians (not just the igbos) are also his enemies since they don't approve of his ways?

In what sane country can a president be expected to only serve those that voted for them?

Guy if Nigeria is working for you and your family, then continue to enjoy simple.

Myself and my immediate siblings are blessed with two passports because of our father's foresight. Thank God for that. I'll be forever grateful
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Kingspin(m): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
omenka:
Haq haq haq!! They are beginning to wise up.

We need the insults on the forum to stop too. Your subjects MUST SHOW they are willing and ready to support the party in 2023 if the zone must be considered for the party's ticket.

You cant keep showing everyday you dispise a political party and verbally brutalize its leaders then expect to be rewarded with its ticket. That is inconceivable.
Whick kind wise up? One party Nigeria?
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by oyatz(m): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bros, you are drifting away from the topic.

The topic is not the performance or approval rating of Gen Muhammadu Buhari but about Igbo candidates for the APC and PDP in the next presidential election.

I have told you that it will be difficult for the APC to give it's most prized possession (APC presidential ticket) to the Southeast, a region which have shown the greatest open hostilities to the party.

Buhari will play a great role in chosing the APC flagbearer, so if you have problems with Buhari, just forget about APC presidential ticket.

Ikinternational:

Guy I bet you think you said something smart. Smh

If we were to do an honest poll of all Nigerians about Buhari's leadership ability/job approval ratings, will it be more positive or negative? Me n you both know the answer to that. So does that mean that a majority of Nigerians (not just the igbos) are also his enemies since they don't approve of his ways?

In what sane country can a president be expected to only serve those that voted for them?

Guy if Nigeria is working for you and your family, then continue to enjoy simple.

Myself and my immediate siblings are blessed with two passports because of our father's foresight. Thank God for that. I'll be forever grateful

1 Like

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2019
oyatz:
Bros, you are drifting away from the topic.

The topic is not the performance or approval rating of Gen Muhammadu Buhari but about Igbo candidates for the APC and PDP in the next presidential election.

I have told you that it will be difficult for the APC to give it's most prized possession (APC presidential ticket) to the Southeast, a region which have shown the greatest open hostilities to the party.

Buhari will play a great role in chosing the APC flagbearer, so if you have problems with Buhari, just forget about APC presidential ticket.

Guy do you have sense at all or do you just like talking?

You're the one that called igbos his enemies because they don't like him. The reason igbos don't like him is because of his history and the way he governs and leads.

Today, most Nigerians also don't like the way he governs. So using your logic that would mean majority of Nigerians are also his enemies.

You stylishly tried to assign igbos as haters of Buhari. Most igbos already saw Buhari as a dictator. Today the rest of the country is feeling similar. So Buhari should direct his ire at them too abi?

That angle of your comment is all I'm addressing.
I'm fully aware what the thread was about

At the end of the day, me n you both know the igbos don't need the presidency to survive or progress.

The issue is country unity
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by moeasy(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2020
Autotech312:

What part in europe are you....lets do business.
usa
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by moeasy(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2020
moeasy:

usa
send me a dm @moeasy009
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by bigpicture001: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
...must Everyone b in APC...?...

Is it by force...? The people rejected APC two times......what's ur problems with south east

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

OGD, Dickson, Iweala, Fayose, Others Make Atiku’s VP List / Tension In Ekiti As Soldier Kills DSS Officer / APC Primaries: How Odds Favour Tinubu - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.