Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 (25878 Views)

Wizkid, Tems Shine At 2021 Soul Train Awards / Wizkid And Tems Bag 5 Nominations At The 2021 Soul Train Awards / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by YungMillionaire: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
0KNM:
Beyoncé was nominated not Wizkid

Learn to read you won't hear. Go back and see the list of nominees.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Autotech312(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
Where frog voice own.... Blow my mind na shebi bin dey compare dat shit wit brown skin gal

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sarmiz24(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lol the OP must be dumb sha,is Wizkid the one that is nominated Is he the owner of the song Will he be the one to take the award home

Do ur research well b4 u post shit egbon Blogger

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Isoduwa(m): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
MrOjay1:
Wizzy go and pay Boluwatife's school fees

Tell your sister to go and work harder

Wizkid travel � he dey jand

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by kushercain: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Mentione one artist from igboland...

Yoruba and Hausa are the best tribe ever in Nigeria

You are a mad man. Is that all you can come up with?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nyamiri crew will be groaning ....
If you know you know...

Afonja leads, others follow ...

If you are not happy about it but a bottle of sniper and take a capful of it... You will be fine...

E Ni kuure
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Yoighaman(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
Good associations breed greatness.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by seancombs617: 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
I only have two things to say
1. Thing
2. Thing
Thank you!!
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by kushercain: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
Lol the OP must be dumb sha,is Wizkid the one that is nominated Is he the owner of the song Will he be the one to take the award home

Do ur research well b4 u post shit egbon Blogger

Lol Wizkid is a recognized collaborator on the song. If that song should win a Grammy tomorrow, Wizzy will be recognized as a Grammy award recipient

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
Afonja people are the best singers in Nigeria... Believe it or go and hug transformer

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sarmiz24(m): 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
It surprising how u piple won't know something but una go sha argue ....
The award is an American award,there is no slot for Africans on it....
Now get this Brown skin girl is nominated cuz it Beyonce an American artist ft wizkid an african artist
While Blow my mind is Davido and African artiste ft Chris Brown an American artist.....
So now I hope u understand,the OP is just derailing It Beyonce that is being nominated and not Wizkid.... Thank you
And pls don't ever compare my OBO wit that low budget Shean Paul wanna be

Autotech312:
Where frog voice own.... Blow my mind na shebi bin dey compare dat shit wit brown skin gal
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
Asif..if they win na wiz go come collect the award mtchewwww...
Using another person's glory to shine

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wizkids international outing in 2017 has still not been topped by any artist who has recently gone international.

-His album showed up on the US Billboard 200.
-He won an Ascap writers plaque.
-Got nominated for his own song at the soul train awards against many American artistes.
-Had a collaboration 'one dance' that was number 1 in 15 countries.
-Entered the Guinness world record.
-Got nominated for several awards alongside drake for 'one dance'.

After all these he didn't rest on his laurels, still conceived an O2 arena show. Something dts never even bn conceived by an african artist before. I wonder what dt dude is up to next.

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freehuman:
A list is released and the most rated person from Nigeria is mentioned on the first category just before an under 10 child and after an artist I have never heard of.

Stop celebrating mediocrity please. Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Note , don't tell me how Wizkid sells out O2 Arena to African and Nigerian immigrants after a six months invested publicity if you haven't stayed in the UK before.

Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. At the end of the day, they remit more than 35% of the profit incurred to the British government . Same old cycle, the money is contributed by Blacks and given to their slave Masters to fund the Economy of Europe in order to seek validation from the Whites and "over hype" from the locals who do not know the nature of these "International artistes".

shocked

Taking hating to a whole new level

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
It surprising how u piple won't know something but una go sha argue ....
The award is an American award,there is no slot for Africans on it....
Now get this Brown skin girl is nominated cuz it Beyonce an American artist ft wizkid an african artist
While Blow my mind is Davido and African artiste ft Chris Brown an American artist.....
So now I hope u understand,the OP is just derailing It Beyonce that is being nominated and not Wizkid.... Thank you
And pls don't ever compare my OBO wit that low budget Shean Paul wanna be

There is definitely no african slot on it.
Yet in 2017, at this same award, Wizkid was nominated for his own song 'come closer' which featured drake. Dt was Wizkids song, on his album, & his own personal glory. Against other american songs. Dt was an amazing feat.

How come 'blow my mind' wasn't nominated by soul train this year Na? I guess it wasn't good enough. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sarmiz24(m): 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
Now u trying to tu*sh it up lol, the headline reads Wizkid is nominated ni ooo not Wizkid is a collaborator....
So now back to ur comment,he will be recognised as being featured on it but not as the winner homie why don't u just do ur research those are two different tinz Thanks...

kushercain:

Lol Wizkid is a recognized collaborator on the song. If that song should win a Grammy tomorrow, Wizzy will be recognized as a Grammy award recipient
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sarmiz24(m): 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
So not nominated on Soul train means a song is not good enough Lol
For ur information blow ma mind went far than brown skin girl do ur research if u doubt homie....and I guees all other American artist songs not on Soul train aint good enough?
Lol just like Wizkid African best in Headies and OBO won the same category in the yr in MAMAS Award lol,so u see every award wit e own concept and choice of nominees ....
Stevecovey:

But in 2017, at this same award, Wizkid was nominated for his own song 'come closer' which featured drake. Dt was Wizkids song, on his album, & his own personal glory.

How come 'blow my mind' wasn't nominated by soul train Na? I guess it wasn't good enough.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Treyknowles(m): 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freehuman:
Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Beyonce wasn't mandated to do anything, please get your facts right! The lion king:the gift album was all Beyoncé's idea not because she was forced to do anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by greggng: 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
Star boy na real super star......more win

O boy come see how wizkid joro just took over my system....that music na bomb

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sarmiz24(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sorry for asking 2017 is how many yrs ago?
Stevecovey:
Wizkids international outing in 2017 has still not been topped by any artist who has recently gone international.

-His album showed up on the US Billboard 200.
-He won an Ascap writers plaque.
-Got nominated for his own song at the soul train awards against many American artistes.
-Had a collaboration 'one dance' that was number 1 in 15 countries.
-Entered the Guinness world record.
-Got nominated for several awards alongside drake for 'one dance'.

After all these he didn't rest on his laurels, still conceived an O2 arena show. Something dts never even bn conceived by an african artist before. I wonder what dt dude is up to next.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
So not nominated on Soul train means a song is not good enough Lol
For ur information blow ma mind went far than brown skin girl do ur research if u doubt homie....and I guees all other American artist songs not on Soul train aint good enough?
Lol just like Wizkid African best in Headies and OBO won the same category in the yr in MAMAS Award lol,so u see every award wit e own concept and choice of nominees ....
Dude we are comparing wizkids big collabo on his own album 'come closer' against davidos big collabo on his own album 'blow my mind'.

Come closer was more successful. FACT.

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Treyknowles:
Beyonce wasn't mandated to do anything, please get your facts right! The lion king:the gift album was all Beyoncé's idea not because she was forced to do anything.

The nature of the production was rooted in African culture and the Content had an African theme, those two variables mandated her to seek African musicians.
Learn English, son.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
Sorry for asking 2017 is how many yrs ago?
Wizkid went international on his 2017 album. Dt was when he did all the american radio shows and collabos. Davido went international for the 1st time this year.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Autotech312:
Dt song can't even be compared to 'come closer'.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Gabson001(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Star boy
aka
irawo

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by 234reader2: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Happyguy201:
frog voice fans will not like this
Davido has been nominated for soul train award as far as 2014 . Your loss bro
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
234reader2:
Davido has been nominated for soul train award as far as 2014 . Your loss bro
Lies. grin soultrain doesnt have a 'best african' category. What award was he nominated for in 2014? This is not BET award.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freehuman:
A list is released and the most rated person from Nigeria is mentioned on the first category just before an under 10 child and after an artist I have never heard of.

Stop celebrating mediocrity please. Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Note , don't tell me how Wizkid sells out O2 Arena to African and Nigerian immigrants after a six months invested publicity if you haven't stayed in the UK before.

Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. At the end of the day, they remit more than 35% of the profit incurred to the British government . Same old cycle, the money is contributed by Blacks and given to their slave Masters to fund the Economy of Europe in order to seek validation from the Whites and "over hype" from the locals who do not know the nature of these "International artistes".
e be like say person make u vex.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
MrOjay1:
Wizzy go and pay Boluwatife's school fees
what of he is paying the boy school fees? And the boy mum is using it to gather attention, just as how davido staged those two girls that framed him of pregnancy just to use it to thrend and promote Risky single he dropped

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jason Derulo Ft Falz & Shekhinah – "One On One" (audio) / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts / Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.