Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 (25877 Views)

Wizkid, Tems Shine At 2021 Soul Train Awards / Wizkid And Tems Bag 5 Nominations At The 2021 Soul Train Awards / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sewgon79(m): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2019
0KNM:
Beyoncé was nominated not Wizkid

The idiots quoting me with BS will get no reply. Kilo kanmi, who be these kids

But at least Wizkid name Dey associated with it. Okay that is enough for me. Everything he touch soar. Did you realise it is not only black skin girl track that is the album. There is one that feature Jay-Z, but not nominated.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2019
Truthbites:

My dear, let me just say this ....I heard of O2 Arena in the days of Michael Jackson.... so it's very very big deal. Some of u don't know much, but are very eager to type lengthy misleading information. If I were u, I will modify the crappy write 'down', thanks

You don't even stay in London. Wizkid sells his show ticket from €50 to €100 because it is affordable to the poor immigrants there looking for a show by an African to attend. Small Ariana Grande sells are Show ticket from €1240 above.

Now see the difference. The space is the 02 and it can never be bigger than that. Because someone sells tickets at €50 and fills an arena doesn't mean he will fill the arena if he sold it at €2000 per ticket.

Difference is this - if the real International artistes sell their tickets for €50 dollars they know they got millions of fans who can afford that and that 02 will be filled even a hundred times so their tickets is at least €1000 so only their super fans can save and pay for it. On the other hand , these wannabe international artistes reduce their tickets to €50 and still struggle to fill up that venue with the help of popular UK black artistes like Stormzy and scepta.

I'm giving you first hand information. It pains me when you compare wizkid to the likes of Michael Jackson because he was given access to the 02.

A sug president can fill up a school auditorium but ,guess what, the quality of people there will be students, few lecturers and security men . The president of NIGERIA will definitely fill up a school auditorium but the quality of people there will be the Governor, deputy Governor , heads of industry, professors etc if space is left , one or two students may join.

That's a better scenario to explain what I mean.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

You don't even stay in London. Wizkid sells his show ticket from €50 to €100 because it is affordable to the poor immigrants there looking for a show by an African to attend. Small Ariana Grande sells are Show ticket from €1240 above.

Now see the difference. The space is the 02 and it can never be bigger than that. Because someone sells tickets at €50 and fills an arena doesn't mean he will fill the arena if he sold it at €2000 per ticket.

See lies everywhere. You have NEVER attended a concert abroad before obviously.

Correction. Wizkids tickets were between 58pounds (early bird price) to 270pounds. Many pple complained he was even charging 'american star' ticket prices.

Ariana Grande did not sell o2 tickets for 1240pounds. Stop lying. The reason u do shows at big venues (arenas & stadiums) is so dt all ur fans, even teenagers, can attend.
Only small exclusive events would have such expensive tickets or someone who wants to personally auction/resell their ticket for an already sold out concert.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2019
Stevecovey:

See lies everywhere. You have NEVER attended a concert abroad before obviously.

Correction. Wizkids tickets were between 58pounds (early bird price) to 270pounds. Many pple complained he was even charging 'american star' ticket prices.

Ariana Grande did not sell o2 tickets for 1240pounds. Stop lying. The reason u do shows at big venues (arenas & stadiums) is so dt all ur fans, even teenagers, can attend.
Only small exclusive events would have such expensive tickets or someone who wants to personally auction/resell their ticket for an already sold out concert.
What's the difference between €50 and €57. Not in London at the moment by the way so I just gave an evaluation of what goes on there. Forget all that hype. Telling you what happens. Which artiste feeds people with snacks after a show . I ask again why don't the likes of Ed Sheeran perform at Wizkids show. Why does he rather import Nigerian artistes.

I hope you will agree that Simi is the most popular African female artiste in London since she also filled up the 02.

While I was there, I was economical and didn't attend shows, knowing where I come from. And Ariana Grande sells her ticket at exactly €1240 and reduces it to €450 if she is generous to the teenagers. Note I'm not talking about get in fee or "hang around fee". I'm talking about to ticket to sit and enjoy the show.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 27, 2019
Sewgon79:

But at least Wizkid name Dey associated with it. Okay that is enough for me. Everything he touch soar. Did you realise it is not only black skin girl track that is the album. There is one that feature Jay-Z, but not nominated.
Go and cash this info in bank first thing tomorrow morning

Iranu
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

What's the difference between €50 and €57. Not in London at the moment by the way so I just gave an evaluation of what goes on there. Forget all that hype. Telling you what happens. Which artiste feeds people with snacks after a show . I ask again why don't the likes of Ed Sheeran perform at Wizkids show. Why does he rather import Nigerian artistes.

I hope you will agree that Simi is the most popular African female artiste in London since she also filled up the 02.

While I was there, I was economical and didn't attend shows, knowing where I come from. And Ariana Grande sells her ticket at exactly €1240 and reduces it to €450 if she is generous to the teenagers.
Gosh ur so ignorant. You must be a child not worth arguing with, so this is the last time I'll reply you.
Simis London show was at the O2 academy islington. It has a capacity of 800 people.

Tiwa Savage, Wande coal, Adekunle Gold, Burnaboy have also all had shows at the O2 indigo. It has a capacity of 2,350 people.

The o2 arena sits 20,000 people.

Na so the thing pain u reach ur comparing wizkids show to Simis show. Smh.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2019
Stevecovey:

Gosh ur so ignorant. You must be a child not worth arguing with.
Simis London show was at the O2 academy islington. It has a capacity of 800 people.

Tiwa Savage, Wande coal, Adekunle Gold, Burnaboy have also all had shows at the O2 indigo. It has a capacity of 2,350 people.

The o2 arena sits 20,000 people.

They still filled something up. So are they popular in London?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by MobileGees: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:
A list is released and the most rated person from Nigeria is mentioned on the first category just before an under 10 child and after an artist I have never heard of.

Stop celebrating mediocrity please. Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Note , don't tell me how Wizkid sells out O2 Arena to African and Nigerian immigrants after a six months invested publicity if you haven't stayed in the UK before.

Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. At the end of the day, they remit more than 35% of the profit incurred to the British government . Same old cycle, the money is contributed by Blacks and given to their slave Masters to fund the Economy of Europe in order to seek validation from the Whites and "over hype" from the locals who do not know the nature of these "International artistes".

If someone should read your post they would think you have made sense when all you've written is total rubbish, O2 is meant for low budget artiste and Drake organized two of his shows there, is Drake also now a low budget artiste?

If you are ignorant about something, then shut up.

Even at that, do you think it is easy to pull up a crowd of 20,000? You think it is beans? Why can't any other modern African artiste do such?

I urge you to go organize a show and see for yourself if it will not be only your family members that will attend.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Madaraa1(m): 9:50am On Oct 27, 2019
nigerians and their problem wizkid was nominated because that was the only hit song in the lion king album. 02 arena are filled with mustly black immigrants african thugs not saying nice people dont attend the whites are mostly friends of black. watch clip of it see for your self

because davido wasnt nominated wizkid fans will be looking for hate like werey davido is also good his blow my mind was a hit also

is funny how nigerians think wizkid or nigeria artiste Are not realy popular amoung white kids u can prove me wrong
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Truthbites: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

Difference is this - if the real International artistes sell their tickets for €50 dollars they know they got millions of fans who can afford that and that 02 will be filled even a hundred times so their tickets is at least €1000 so only their super fans can save and pay for it. On the other hand , these wannabe international artistes reduce their tickets to €50 and still struggle to fill up that venue with the help of popular UK black artistes like Stormzy and scepta.

I'm giving you first hand information. It pains me when you compare wizkid to the likes of Michael Jackson because he was given access to the 02.

A sug president can fill up a school auditorium but ,guess what, the quality of people there will be students, few lecturers and security men . The president of NIGERIA will definitely fill up a school auditorium but the quality of people there will be the Governor, deputy Governor , heads of industry, professors etc if space is left , one or two students may join.

That's a better scenario to explain what I mean.

My dear see how u sounded..'u don't even live in the UK'....I have been to the UK many times and live there on and off. Was there in 2017. I have passed through O2 Arena many times. for the avoidance of doubt, I only responded to this ur statement in ur long content reproduced below:

......****Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. .....****

Is Adele bigger than Michael Jackson?
When I was little I heard how MJ sold out tickets in O2 Arena..with a 20,000 capacity.. and Wizzy is now doing that...

So why the lengthy explanation above? It makes no sense with what I raised earlier

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Ajibade123(m): 10:47am On Oct 27, 2019
let appreciate Wizkid please
anyway see how to make your life better with these tips https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-make-your-life-better/

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2019
Truthbites:

My dear see how u sounded..'u don't even live in the UK'....I have been to the UK many times and live there on and off. Was there in 2017. I have passed through O2 Arena many times. for the avoidance of doubt, I only responded to this ur statement in ur long content reproduced below:

......****Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. .....****

Is Adele bigger than Michael Jackson?
When I was little I heard how MJ sold out tickets in O2 Arena..with a 20,000 capacity.. and Wizzy is now doing that...

So why the lengthy explanation above? It makes no sense with what I raised earlier

I didn't say Adele and Ed Sheeran can't perform at the 02 on their own. I meant that why are they near the 02 yet Wizkid imports Nigerian artistes to perform with him. Why aren't the A list artistes present at his event. That's what I meant.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Treyknowles(m): 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

The nature of the production was rooted in African culture and the Content had an African theme, those two variables mandated her to seek African musicians.
Learn English, son.
I'm starting to think you have comprehension issues! Read your first post again and relate it with your reply.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Truthbites: 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

I didn't say Adele and Ed Sheeran can't perform at the 02 on their own. I meant that why are they near the 02 yet Wizkid imports Nigerian artistes to perform with him. Why aren't the A list artistes present at his event. That's what I meant.

Ok, let's support our own .. Wizkid is talented

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by EbideiJeremiah6(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
Happyguy201:
frog voice fans will not like this
now what's this?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by RenHub: 12:08am On Oct 28, 2019
Ryabcoool:
how much is it?

DM me on WhatsApp via my signature
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Ryabcoool: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2019
RenHub:

DM me on WhatsApp via my signature
lmao if you are not bold enough to state your price on public, I can't trust you with my money in private. I'm no longer interested. Carry go
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by RenHub: 8:38am On Oct 28, 2019
Ryabcoool:
lmao if you are not bold enough to state your price on public, I can't trust you with my money in private. I'm no longer interested. Carry go

So I'd get banned?? Have you taken time to read the rules on nairaland? Moreso, if youd taken time out to check the website on my signature you'd have made an enlightened post, but i guess since data is a luxury for you you chose to type without engaging your brain. Baba move ahead jor
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Ryabcoool: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2019
RenHub:

So I'd get banned?? Have you taken time to read the rules on nairaland? Moreso, if youd taken time out to check the website on my signature you'd have made an enlightened post, but i guess since data is a luxury for you you chose to type without engaging your brain. Baba move ahead jor
you are obviously daft and the one who refused to use your brain. How am I supposed to know the price tag is on your website? Did you state it when mentioning me? What stopped you from applying proper customer service relations by telling me you couldn't state the price tag or fear of being banned? Or you think I don't have better things to do than to be stalking your profile for answers?

Plus you are even more daft for assuming whether data is a luxury for me when you haven't even met me yet.

I would wish you good luck in your seeking other customers but you are not even worth the positive wish.

Once more, you are daft.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by RenHub: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2019
Ryabcoool:
you are obviously daft and the one who refused to use your brain. How am I supposed to know the price tag is on your website? Did you state it when mentioning me? What stopped you from applying proper customer service relations by telling me you couldn't state the price tag or fear of being banned? Or you think I don't have better things to do than to be stalking your profile for answers?

Plus you are even more daft for assuming whether data is a luxury for me when you haven't even met me yet.

I would wish you good luck in your seeking other customers but you are not even worth the positive wish.

Once more, you are daft.

Lmao! You are obviously a troll. Alaye Bounce with your bad energy this Monday morning jor. Vacuous being grin
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Ryabcoool: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2019
RenHub:

Lmao! You are obviously a troll. Alaye Bounce with your bad energy this Monday morning jor. Vacuous being grin
so yoruba ni e, o de'n sebi ode. Mo ro boya awon aje okuta ma mu omi ni e. Ori e ti daru oo
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by RenHub: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2019
Ryabcoool:
so yoruba ni e, o de'n sebi ode. Mo ro boya awon aje okuta ma mu omi ni e. Ori e ti daru oo

grin grin grin

Egbon mi, ejo ema binu

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 29, 2019
RenHub:

grin grin grin

Egbon mi, ejo ema binu
Lol!
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sewgon79(m): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
0KNM:

Iranu

Bros, don't let it pain you now. You grow when you wish others positive growth, that is life for you . I go with success.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sewgon79(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2019
0KNM:

Iranu

It pain am ooo, gen gen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jason Derulo Ft Falz & Shekhinah – "One On One" (audio) / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts / Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.