Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 (25876 Views)

Wizkid, Tems Shine At 2021 Soul Train Awards / Wizkid And Tems Bag 5 Nominations At The 2021 Soul Train Awards / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Olamilekxy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Learn to read. In 2017, Wizkids own single, 'Come closer' was nominated at the soul train awards. Dts a song on his album.

I'm sure if davido 'blow my mind' was dt successful we no go hear word. Unfortunately it wasn't as successful as 'come closer'.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
BrutalJab:

Davido has been nominated in the ‘Best International Performance’ category for his ground-breaking song ‘Aye’at the Soul Train Awards set to hold on November 7 in Las Vegas. He is the only African on the list.Davido! So proud of him!
With no less than 5 major awards in 2014 including the BET Awards for Best International act and the MTV Africa Awards Artiste of the Year, Davido appears at this point the African favorite to clinch the awards.
Best International Performance Nominations
Davido - Aye
Machel Montano - Ministry Of Road (M.O.R.)
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
Sam Smith - Stay With Me
Shaggy feat. Ne-Yo – You Girl
Ziggy Marley - I Don’t’ Want To Live On Mars
Davido is also an MTV E.M.A and M.O.B.O award nominee.

Google is free bro
Good for him. But dt category 'best international' was scrapped by soultrain in 2015. Only Psquare were the other nigerians nominated for it the year before. Wizkid has also won those other awards u mentioned. He has 2 MTV EMA's, 3 MOBOs and 3 Billboard award wins.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Olamilekxy(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freehuman:
A list is released and the most rated person from Nigeria is mentioned on the first category just before an under 10 child and after an artist I have never heard of.

Stop celebrating mediocrity please. Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Note , don't tell me how Wizkid sells out O2 Arena to African and Nigerian immigrants after a six months invested publicity if you haven't stayed in the UK before.

Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. At the end of the day, they remit more than 35% of the profit incurred to the British government . Same old cycle, the money is contributed by Blacks and given to their slave Masters to fund the Economy of Europe in order to seek validation from the Whites and "over hype" from the locals who do not know the nature of these "International artistes".

baba if you Carry on like this you wont get to anywhere in life Oo

the same 02 dat you crucified did you know dat Chris Brown, drake, future and many other big American artists have hold a concert there.

I swear to God who made me your generation will never reach wizkid milestone if you have this mentality

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by shogsman(m): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
I just love him for his maturity, dude doesn't brag or talk Much.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by shogsman(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
bakynes:
Congrats to my Boy, Chris Breezy for having the most nominations at this year's Soul train Award. I have no doubt he is the best all round artiste/ Entertainer in the world if not for the Rihanna incident he would with no arguments be the biggest artiste in the world today though he still is one of the biggest artiste anyways.
Stop whatever you're taking with immediate effect before you finally run mad .
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Sarmiz24(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lol atleast u understand my post,bro 2019 concept is different from 2017 concept do ur research if the category come closer was nominated for is available in 2019 edition...Thank you

Olamilekxy:

but wizkid come closer was nominated 2017 nah and wizkid feature drake as you explain in your post dat is because davido is an African artist feature Chris Brown an American artists and d award is for Americans dats y dey didn't nominate blow my mind

try to read and understand and stop yarning rubbish! !
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Xclusiveme: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
MrOjay1:
Wizzy go and pay Boluwatife's school fees

Lol wizzy is not on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
Olamilekxy:

baba if you Carry on like this you wont get to anywhere in life Oo

the same 02 dat you crucified did you know dat Chris Brown, drake, future and many other big American artists have hold a concert there.

I swear to God who made me your generation will never reach wizkid milestone if you have this mentality

Register for evening classes. Your English is poor
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
See the way these idiots they argueee
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Olamilekxy(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freehuman:

Register for evening classes. Your English is poor

thanks for the advise.

I pray you heed to my advise and stop hating

or maybe you should try to become a musician and see if you will blow pass wizkid

shey na only brown skin girl was in Beyonce album? and yet is the most stream and most popular even the face of the album.

stop hating

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
Lol atleast u understand my post,bro 2019 concept is different from 2017 concept do ur research if the category come closer was nominated for is available in 2019 edition...Thank you

Yes the category for 'Best dance performance' is available in the 2019 award show. These are the nominees:

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Olamilekxy:

thanks for the advise.

or maybe you should try to become a musician and see if you will blow pass wizkid

shey na only brown skin girl was in Beyonce album? and yet is the most stream and most popular even the face of the album.

stop hating
Thank you o. Plenty Nigerians were featured on an album but na only the one wt wizkid dem nominate. Dey first talk say e sounded childish. Den dem say e no write am & is inconsequential to the success of the song. Now dem don see say he was one of the writers, still have another hateful excuse instead of just congratulating the guy. It cant be a coincidence dt his major international collabos always get accolades.

The same thing they said about 'one dance' wt drake. He was inconsequential. The glory is only for drake. Yet he received an ASCAP plaque. They suppose only give drake na, and not the other songwriters on the song. Pfft!

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Olamilekxy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Thank you o. Plenty Nigerians were featured on an album but na only the one wt wizkid dem nominate. Dey first talk say e sounded childish. Den dem say e no write am & is inconsequential to the success of the song. Now dem don see say he was one of the writers, still have another hateful excuse instead of just congratulating the guy. It cant be a coincidence dt his major international collabos always get accolades.

The same thing they said about 'one dance' wt drake. He was inconsequential. Yet he received an ASCAP plaque. They suppose only give drake na, and not the other songwriters on the song. Pfft!

I tired oo

once dey hate you anything you do is rubbish even if you're doing good dey will still have something bad to say about uou

they always have excuse

but God pass dem, I don't know how many time wizkid wan prove himself

#wizkidfc

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
Olamilekxy:

thanks for the advise.

stop hating

Okay Sir. I'm not hating.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Olamilekxy:

I tired oo

once dey hate you anything you do is rubbish even if you're doing good dey will still have something bad to say about uou

they always have excuse

but God pass dem, I don't know how many time wizkid wan prove himself

#wizkidfc
Wiz has absolutely nothing to prove man, dts why he doesn't prove anything. Lol!
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Vicanious: 12:12am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:
A list is released and the most rated person from Nigeria is mentioned on the first category just before an under 10 child and after an artist I have never heard of.

Stop celebrating mediocrity please. Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Note , don't tell me how Wizkid sells out O2 Arena to African and Nigerian immigrants after a six months invested publicity if you haven't stayed in the UK before.

Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. At the end of the day, they remit more than 35% of the profit incurred to the British government . Same old cycle, the money is contributed by Blacks and given to their slave Masters to fund the Economy of Europe in order to seek validation from the Whites and "over hype" from the locals who do not know the nature of these "International artistes".

Trash Trash Trash.
You must be really pained!!

Who are you?
what have you achieved in life?
Why dont you go and get just 10,000 to come out and show some love to you.

Spilling deliberate lies....
Adele was at the 02 in 2017...
Ed Sheeran had his own O2 show in 2016 and has shown up there severally since then...

Get a life please
Transfer your aggression elsewhere!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 27, 2019
Vicanious:

Trash Trash Trash.

Who are you?

Ed Sheeran had his own O2 show in 2016 and has shown up there severally since then...

Get a life please

Do you even get what I tried to put out?

Didn't say Adele never performed at O2 , I said A list artistes don't perform at Wizkid's show.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 27, 2019
BrutalJab:

No need arguing with you anymore.

Get a pass to the next Grammy then we can talk.
Yeah yeah, I guess only lady gaga won her 'best collaboration' grammy for shallow. Bradley Cooper is not a Grammy winner too. You should check his bio, cos I'm sure it reads Grammy winner. He has a gramophone to back it up too. undecided
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

Do you even get what I tried to put out?

Didn't say Adele never performed at O2 , I said A list artistes don't perform at Wizkid's show.
Lol! I can't even....cheesy I'm so amused by u pple this night. Such amazing amazing excuses one after the other. grin
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 27, 2019
Vicanious:

Trash Trash Trash.

Who are you?

Get a life please
U dey mind dt one. She has convoluted herself into a pretzel. When David did follow follow to do his o2 show & Nigerians were hailing him, they werent celebrating mediocrity to her o. grin
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by temielects(m): 12:59am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

so your point is?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by temielects(m): 1:02am On Oct 27, 2019
Soar high our own eleniyan!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Moura7(m): 1:21am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

1. Beyoncé wasn't mandated to do anything.Her album had nothing to do with the Lion King movie, Spirit was the only song there used in the movie sound track. So stop saying she wouldn't have featured wizzy if she wasn't mandated. He's simply the biggest musical export outta Africa and she just had to acknowledge it. You'd agree with me that she didn't sing with most of the other African artistes featured on the album but she just had to vibe with wizzy on brown skin girl plus despite all the other mad collabos on that album with childish Gambino,jayz, Kendrick etc ,brown skin girl was the best song outta the album plus the only song there nominated for Best collabo in these awards.
And even if Beyoncé alone gets the award , he's still nominated in the songwriters category as one of the writers..now alot of peeps believed he didn't write his lines in the song even I thought so too but it appears we were all wrong as his name was included as the one of the writers. You also mentioned how the likes of Adele and Ed haven't feat on any of his o2 shows, well it's still a process and who knows maybe someone greater than these two might do so one day but we shouldn't just downplay his achievements just because we don't like him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Igetmyown247: 1:52am On Oct 27, 2019
I love how wizkid moves in silence, he doesn’t do all that showing off/bragging.. focuses on making music and lets his success speak for him. The attention seeking one can’t relate.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by golddeejay(m): 2:20am On Oct 27, 2019
BrutalJab:

Fact as in when a song wins Grammy, everyone on the song gets an award?

You are actually dumber than I thought
it is okay to not know but calling people dumb at every turn for stating the fact is something else. Owner of the song may be the recipient ON STAGE but featured artists are also considered winners and get their winner's plaques. It's been like that for a while.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by olalat(m): 3:48am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

What do you stand to benefit from this write up. Or I should say, what have you gained after lengthy epistle to degrade your fellow man. Las las nobody even know your name.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 3:56am On Oct 27, 2019
Stevecovey:

Even wtout drakes appearance in the video, it still blew. But with Chris Brown's contribution, currently the biggest r&b artiste, blow my mind suppose blow pass like dt.

As david only started focusing internationally this year. Dts the same way Wizkid was also only starting to focus on his intl career in 2017. Come closer was just more successful than Blow my mind.

It's more successful in your dreams.

The only reason Nigerians watched come closer was because they were expecting to see Drake in it.

Even with 2 full videos, Drake never came closer. grin
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by bakynes(m): 5:23am On Oct 27, 2019
shogsman:

Stop whatever you're taking with immediate effect before you finally run mad .
Now tell me what i said that was wrong. Is Chris Brown not the 7th Highest selling artiste in the world or is his he not the best perfomer today with the likes of Beyonce and Bruno Mars or his he not one of the most charted artiste in the world or Who else could be breaking records like he is doing after beating his former gf. No doubt no other artiste could achieve his kind of success with that kind of incident. The guy is naturally a hardworker, he had to work 3 times as hard to achieve what he has achieved today. He was on top of the world before the rihanna incident.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Truthbites: 6:24am On Oct 27, 2019
I love Wizkid so much, but Wizzy please assist ur son. Don't be a deadbeat wacko. Your son is ur seed....even if u win Grammy or soul train, invest in ur children...your biggest fan
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Truthbites: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2019
Freehuman:

My dear, let me just say this ....I heard of O2 Arena in the days of Michael Jackson.... so it's very very big deal. Some of u don't know much, but are very eager to type lengthy misleading information. If I were u, I will modify the crappy write 'down', thanks
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by jimyjames(m): 7:15am On Oct 27, 2019
obo389:
So that Richard isong is also a Nigerian?

Even Michael uzowuru is an Igbo guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jason Derulo Ft Falz & Shekhinah – "One On One" (audio) / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts / Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.