Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 (25879 Views)

Wizkid, Tems Shine At 2021 Soul Train Awards / Wizkid And Tems Bag 5 Nominations At The 2021 Soul Train Awards / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Bigiyo:
Asif..if they win na wiz go come collect the award mtchewwww...
Using another person's glory to shine
Lol! Every collaborator on a 'best collaboration' will receive their individual plaques.
Every writer on a 'songwriting' award will receive their individual plaques.

That is why their names are always all written out in the nomination. Are u this dumb to need it spelled out? Lol!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Abagworo(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Wizkid ain't making cool music no more. The beats are cool sometimes but the lyrics lack content and the hooks boring. Give me just the beat of "Joro" without his voice then I'm cool with it.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Autotech312(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
It surprising how u piple won't know something but una go sha argue ....
The award is an American award,there is no slot for Africans on it....
Now get this Brown skin girl is nominated cuz it Beyonce an American artist ft wizkid an african artist
While Blow my mind is Davido and African artiste ft Chris Brown an American artist.....
So now I hope u understand,the OP is just derailing It Beyonce that is being nominated and not Wizkid.... Thank you
And pls don't ever compare my OBO wit that low budget Shean Paul wanna be

Guy' U don't think WIZZY has something special...or am I d only one seeing it.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Lies. grin soultrain doesnt have a 'best african' category. What award was he nominated for in 2014? This is not BET award.
guy go and check first....
If u no find david name there, I'll dash u card to continue ur ranting
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by actypo: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is another milestone for our own nigger. Congrats baba nla won

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
I rmmber someone arguing profusely that Wizkid did not write anything on brown skin girl.
Apparently he did. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Lol! Every collaborator on a 'best collaboration' will go up and receive their individual plaques.
Every writer on a 'songwriting' award will go up and receive their individual plaques.

That is why their names are always all written out. Are u this dumb to need it spelled out? Lol!
LMAO ...
Na u dumb pass...
So, if bsg win the award,who will go and collect the award on stage?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Learn to read. In 2017, Wizkids own single, 'Come closer' was nominated at the soul train awards. Dts a song on his album.

I'm sure if davido 'blow my mind' was dt successful we no go hear word. Unfortunately it wasn't as successful as 'come closer'.

Dullard, Come closer and every songs on that list were released last year.

Every award has timeframe for musics. I know you are too dull to understand sha
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
kushercain:

Lol Wizkid is a recognized collaborator on the song. If that song should win a Grammy tomorrow, Wizzy will be recognized as a Grammy award recipient

In your dreams right? Olodo
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
BrutalJab:

Dullard, Come closer and every songs on that list were released last year.

Every award has timeframe for musics. I know you are too dull to understand sha
Are u okay? Come closer was released in 2017. It was on Wizkids 2017 album 'sounds from the other side'. It got nominated at the soul train awards in October 2017.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
BrutalJab:

In your dreams right? Olodo
What he said is fact. Lol! Many pple on this nairaland are ignorant o.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
Topmaike007:
what of he is paying the boy school fees? And the boy mum is using it to gather attention, just as how davido staged those two girls that framed him of pregnancy just to use it to thrend and promote Risky single he dropped

What's this one saying?
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Are u okay? Come closer was released in 2017. It was on Wizkids 2017 album 'sounds from the other side'. It got nominated at the soul train awards in October 2017.

So wetin concern Come closer and Blow my mind that was released a month ago.

Just like Headies, the organizers of every award actually use a timeframe in order to choose musics.

Wait till next year first. Use your brain
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:
What he said is fact. Lol! Many pple on this nairaland are ignorant o.
Fact as in when a song wins Grammy, everyone on the song gets an award?

You are actually dumber than I thought
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Ryabcoool: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
RenHub:
Comment tu t'appelle baby! Tell me what is your name and number.

I am je ma'appelle wizzy grin

Kai baba and watery lyrics shar.

Call for our 500w mobile power bank with 250AH inbuilt lithium ion battery for your TV, sound system, PCs and light for up to 14hours uptime
how much is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
BrutalJab:

Fact as in when a song wins Grammy, everyone on the song gets an award?

You are actually dumber than I thought
Yes. Every single collaborator gets their statue. Smh. See how ur arguing wt confidence. cry

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by bakynes(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
Congrats to my Boy, Chris Breezy for having the most nominations at this year's Soul train Award. I have no doubt he is the best all round artiste/ Entertainer in the world if not for the Rihanna incident he would with no arguments be the biggest artiste in the world today though he still is one of the biggest artiste anyways.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by realvikash: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
Freehuman:
A list is released and the most rated person from Nigeria is mentioned on the first category just before an under 10 child and after an artist I have never heard of.

Stop celebrating mediocrity please. Beyonce was nominated not any other person. She got the contract to sing for " Lion King". BEYONCE would never feature Wizkid if she was not mandated to feature African artistes because of the nature of the production. She even featured shatta Wale.

Note , don't tell me how Wizkid sells out O2 Arena to African and Nigerian immigrants after a six months invested publicity if you haven't stayed in the UK before.

Ed Sheeran and Adele who live in London have never performed there. Just a collection of other Nigerian mediocres and low budget black London artists entertaining Black people and few inquisitive white friends and colleagues. At the end of the day, they remit more than 35% of the profit incurred to the British government . Same old cycle, the money is contributed by Blacks and given to their slave Masters to fund the Economy of Europe in order to seek validation from the Whites and "over hype" from the locals who do not know the nature of these "International artistes".
Quiet Jare, wetin you Sabi, FYI Beyonce didn't sign any contract with the producers of the movie Lion King, she only copied the name for her album, the movie itself has a different soundtrack, which Chiwetel Ejiofor starred in

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by actypo: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Seun pls I need step by step on how to post article with pictures on this site. I need to post what flood has done to my sch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
BrutalJab:

So wetin concern Come closer and Blow my mind that was released a month ago.

Just like Headies, the organizers of every award actually use a timeframe in order to choose musics.

Wait till next year first. Use your brain
Next year? By now we should know na, the song only entered billboard world charts. 'Come closer' charted in Canada hot100, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Scotland, UK singles chart, UK r&b chart, billboard world chart, US billboard rhythmic, US billboard r&b/hip-hop. Those are the reasons it got nominated among those amazing american songs in dt category.

Blow my mind didnt blow internationally. So don't expect any international nomination for it.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
Beyonce was nominated, not Wizkid
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Omo davido fans dey vex ooo like me i pray make Beyonce no win because dat album flop rubbish Bleep u ALLL wizkid fans
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Yes. Every single collaborator gets their statue. You really need to buy dstv and start watching award shows. Smh. See how ur arguing wt confidence. cry

No need arguing with you anymore.

Get a pass to the next Grammy then we can talk.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by 234reader2: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Lies. grin soultrain doesnt have a 'best african' category. What award was he nominated for in 2014? This is not BET award.
lol you can check it out nigga
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Next year? By now we should know na, the song only entered billboard world charts. 'Come closer' charted in Canada hot100, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Scotland, UK singles chart, UK r&b chart, billboard world chart, US billboard rhythmic, US billboard r&b/hip-hop. Those are the reasons it got nominated among those amazing american songs in dt category.

Blow my mind didnt blow internationally. So don't expect any international nomination for it.

If not for Drake's contributions, who would have known Come Closer? After all, Drake never came closer. grin

Blow my mind debuting on Billboards Worldwide Chart is enough for someone who started focusing on International market this year.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

There is definitely no african slot on it.
Yet in 2017, at this same award, Wizkid was nominated for his own song 'come closer' which featured drake. Dt was Wizkids song, on his album, & his own personal glory. Against other american songs. Dt was an amazing feat.

How come 'blow my mind' wasn't nominated by soul train this year Na? I guess it wasn't good enough. tongue

Davido has been nominated in the ‘Best International Performance’ category for his ground-breaking song ‘Aye’at the Soul Train Awards set to hold on November 7 in Las Vegas. He is the only African on the list.Davido! So proud of him!
With no less than 5 major awards in 2014 including the BET Awards for Best International act and the MTV Africa Awards Artiste of the Year, Davido appears at this point the African favorite to clinch the awards.
Best International Performance Nominations
Davido - Aye
Machel Montano - Ministry Of Road (M.O.R.)
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
Sam Smith - Stay With Me
Shaggy feat. Ne-Yo – You Girl
Ziggy Marley - I Don’t’ Want To Live On Mars
Davido is also an MTV E.M.A and M.O.B.O award nominee.

Google is free bro
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BafanaBafana: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
MrOjay1:
Wizzy go and pay Boluwatife's school fees
Is it your father that has been paying the boy's fees?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
Stevecovey:

Davido has been nominated in the ‘Best International Performance’ category for his ground-breaking song ‘Aye’at the Soul Train Awards set to hold on November 7 in Las Vegas. He is the only African on the list.Davido! So proud of him!
With no less than 5 major awards in 2014 including the BET Awards for Best International act and the MTV Africa Awards Artiste of the Year, Davido appears at this point the African favorite to clinch the awards.
Best International Performance Nominations
Davido - Aye
Machel Montano - Ministry Of Road (M.O.R.)
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
Sam Smith - Stay With Me
Shaggy feat. Ne-Yo – You Girl
Ziggy Marley - I Don’t’ Want To Live On Mars
Davido is also an MTV E.M.A and M.O.B.O award nominee.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BrutalJab: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Is it your father that has been paying the boy's fees?
No. Na your mama. mumu
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
BrutalJab:

If not for Drake's contributions, who would have known Come Closer? After all, Drake never came closer. grin

Blow my mind debuting on Billboards Worldwide Chart is enough for someone who started focusing on International market this year.
Even wtout drakes appearance in the video, it still blew. But with Chris Brown's contribution, currently the biggest r&b artiste, blow my mind suppose blow pass like dt.

As david only started focusing internationally this year. Dts the same way Wizkid was also only starting to focus on his intl career in 2017. Come closer was just more successful than Blow my mind.
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by Olamilekxy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sarmiz24:
It surprising how u piple won't know something but una go sha argue ....
The award is an American award,there is no slot for Africans on it....
Now get this Brown skin girl is nominated cuz it Beyonce an American artist ft wizkid an african artist
While Blow my mind is Davido and African artiste ft Chris Brown an American artist.....
So now I hope u understand,the OP is just derailing It Beyonce that is being nominated and not Wizkid.... Thank you
And pls don't ever compare my OBO wit that low budget Shean Paul wanna be

but wizkid come closer was nominated 2017 nah and wizkid feature drake as you explain in your post dat is because davido is an African artist feature Chris Brown an American artists and d award is for Americans dats y dey didn't nominate blow my mind

try to read and understand and stop yarning rubbish! !
Re: Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019 by BushDoctor123: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
If it is not the Soul Train by late Don Conelius, any other soul train is a counterfit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jason Derulo Ft Falz & Shekhinah – "One On One" (audio) / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts / Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.