Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? (23671 Views)

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? / Which Expenses Should The “Upkeep” Money/Allowance Cater For? / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by humilitypays(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
Plead:
shocked

Personally I’ve never fancied the idea. Myself and my brothers live with this ideology even in marriage and we ain’t sad about that.

Now ...general question

Does it make sense to give a working class woman monthly upkeep or whatever that stuff is called ? Upkeep should only come into the equation if your partner is a housewife or so....and doesn’t work shocked
Even if my wife ends up a billionaire tomorrow, I will not stop taking care of her financially to my best capability, so yes, you should take care of your wife's needs whether she is working or not, we are black Africans and not white or Europeans, neither are we Americans that are trying so hard to upturn natural design which is the beauty of the world and life.

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by seanjy4konji: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Majority of Nigerian women are selfish and stingy... They prefer the finish all your money and continue keeping money in hidden places while you nearly bleed to death...

If she eventually brings out anything?? It's because she is hungry and wants to eat and would still make you know you are being borrowed...

They do not need any upkeep money...

If you sugrprise her with gift and hang out cool..well this one on my bed knows am s bastardy when it comes to that... She us paying my bills self.

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Onlyonebuhari: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Why not?
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by loswhite(m): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
crackhaus:

Now do you see the difference between basic male thinking and female thinking? grin

What you just called frivolities is the second biggest reason for troubled marriages. Those are not frivolities to women
so they should be willing to spend their hard earned money also
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by ednut1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
seanjy4konji:
Majority of Nigerian women are selfish and stingy... They prefer the finish all your money and continue keeping money in hidden places while you nearly bleed to death...

If she eventually brings out anything?? It's because she is hungry and wants to eat and would still make you know you are being borrowed...

They do not need any upkeep money...

If you sugrprise her with gift and hang out cool..well this one on my bed knows am s bastardy when it comes to that... She us paying my bills self.
God bless you. May God punish such women. Many men are under pressure to keep up while madam get 2m savings or q building project. He better make person no marry self
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by GreatResearcher: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
This qustn is not necesary. No hoe shud b given a dime
bukatyne:
@plead

What financial model is your style in marriage?
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yes please.

They are women and need to be taken care of regardless.
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
dollytino4real:
yes because she belongs to somebody, her money is just 4 her to show off as a working class

Bye! You go sell... Aje a wa o!
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
blank:

How about companionship, friendship, being "there" for each other, achieving goals together, etc etc? I'm glad I married my husband. I can't deal with some kind mentality.
True that!
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Juliearth(f): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
Plead:
shocked

Personally I’ve never fancied the idea. Myself and my brothers live with this ideology even in marriage and we ain’t sad about that.

Now ...general question

Does it make sense to give a working class woman monthly upkeep or whatever that stuff is called ? Upkeep should only come into the equation if your partner is a housewife or so....and doesn’t work shocked

Yes, it should be one of your prerogatives. In a saner clime, a wife should be actively involved in footing some of the household expenses. It is also advised that a man appreciates his wife by giving her personal upkeep allowance. I am not married, but I think it would be romantic to have my husband fix me on a monthly allowance for
my upkeep.
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Juliearth(f): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
keeki:
Yes she should be given upkeep money.as she is your responsibility.her money is to reduce expenses and not for her to be on her own

Perfectly put!

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by adenigga(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
Plead:
shocked

Now ...general question

Capital YES!!!

As the Head of the house, you will not becomes tail. Even if she is earning more than the husband, as a man perform your matrimonial functions.

If she is God sent, she will surely be there without counting her blessings.
So, it is okay & Godly to do what's expected of you!
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Op80: 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
I can’t even imagine not giving my wife upkeep money.
Working or not maybe because of my pride as the man of the house lol.

Then again can’t trust this women they be needing the slightest reason to cheat on you & i don’t want a “stingy husband” to be one.

I am a lady and I like what you put up there. That's what would drive me out because I will feel not cared for and any guy that shows me he can care, I won't look back before I follow.

2 Likes

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Rubbiish(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yes. I pity women who depend on their husband down to little stuffs like money to go to church and offering. Personally I don't see myself that dependent
Condition can make any woman to be in their position
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by ednut1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
Juliearth:

Yes, it should be one of your prerogatives. In a saner clime, a wife should be actively involved in footing some of the household expenses. It is also advised that a man appreciates his wife by giving her personal upkeep allowance. I am not married, but I think it would be romantic to have my husband fix me on a monthly allowance for
my upkeep.
are you handicapped? That u need upkeep . No go find work

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

you are missing the whole picture on your history, yes women worked but they worked under men i.e either as wife or daughter either way, the wealth they produced was under man not themselves, and for them to called being wealth she had to be married. Even if the husband died she wasnt allowed to walk away with her husband's (or their) wealth, she must remarry the late husband brothers if not she would go back to her parents empty handed

remember, upkeep money is concept of making a woman believe that you got enough money to look after her, while you do the hard work, hence we hear ladies who say i want a men who can look after me, meaning she wants to be looked after like those broiler chickens

then being looked after came with its own problems yes the man can look after you financially but that doesnt stop him from being abusive as he can control you as you dont have any financial source of your own, hence we find women of today going to skol and achieving like their male counter parts, the reason being they dont want to be just a house wife who just get handed money but they want to take part in building that home financially and not taken for granted as just a wife
broiler chicken grin
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by eneyoduke(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
No but downkeep services
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
No nah. What for?
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

Condition can make any woman to be in their position
Mindset sir
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Sunnydoo: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
man is configured as a giver, and our wonderful wives are the caretaker who are perfect at their duties.

you paid dowry,
you put something and she's pregnant,
you become a husband (to furnish your wife)
you become a father ( a life time giver to ur household)
even at old age, you no enter menopause

my brother, may God bless us more to keep giving.

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by UfedoLoveIllah(f): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
Love is giving... If you love your wife, you will not need to ask the question. You give just because... It's part of an expression. It doesn't stop her from contributing to the household neither should your giving be based on her earning capabilities.
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by skywalker240(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
crackhaus:

This is how I always know I'm on a Nigerian forum. I'd be hard pressed to find something like this on Reddit.
grin

i swear it, they never fail to dissapoint back to back.

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
It's unfortunate that even the married ones here don't understand what marriage is all about.
I will run a joint account with my wife working or not so there's no need for this question.
My money is our money and her money is also our money. Her personal needs are my personal needs and vice versa.
Marry who you truly love and trust to achieve this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Anfieldboss: 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
blank:
Just a gift every now and then will be cool. sad

God bless you
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
For me... I think each relationship or marriage is unique in itself. ...what work for family A might not necessarily work for family B. Because of the composition of two individuals in this marriage or relationship....
Look for who will complement you and let him or her know what to except from you and both of you will enjoy a blissful Marriage....
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
Plead:
shocked

Now ...general question

No it doesn't make sense, just a gift once in a while will do, For example buying her a nice car (she fuels it herself) or buying her an expensive phone( she recharges it on her own).

The point is, its just pretty stup#d to give ur wife "allowances" monthly when she dey collect monthly salary. ofcourse I will do all my responsibility as a husband, food, bills, School fees for my kids etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Kennydoc(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
LordKO:

Provided that she is/remains submissive, she'll always have unrestricted access to available and accessible money at any time, whether or not she earns money directly/personally.

As a submissive/good/aristocratic/humane/virtuous/loving woman who's independent-minded:

- Her word is bankable, so there won't be any need to take up the task of monitoring and controlling an adult, because she'll always be altruistic and conscientious and knows how to deploy each where and when necessary. And that, broadly, means that one won't dissipate energy in the pursuit of oneness with her in particular, and peace of mind in general, because she understands that liberty doesn't negate decorum.

- With her, personal longing to achieve eternal oneness with an opposite sex of a nonkin automatically becomes an easy task.

So, she deserves the absolute best treatment.

What da h...! See grammar!
Wow, I love your grammatical construction. You'll make a good writer.

5 Likes

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Modernist: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
What about about working husbands? Aren't they entitled to Upkeep? Ohh what a mentality from Naija women.

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by TheRedpillguy: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2019
Working class ladies are Feminist, they are equal to men. If you are giving her upkeep money then you are insulting her. I think we ll split it equally.

1 Like

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2019
UfedoLoveIllah:
Love is giving... If you love your wife, you will not need to ask the question. You give just because... It's part of an expression. It doesn't stop her from contributing to the household neither should your giving be based on her earning capabilities.

You are muddling things together... You first sentence says, " LOVE is giving" if I may interpret this sentence ; it means one-sided giving....

Kontinue!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by jaxxy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2019
Plead:
shocked

Now ...general question

If they need it yes bt if not No
Re: Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
I told my mum to always ask my Dad for anything she wants..

She smiled and said : "Your Dad is trying but I am a boss in my workplace too and I earn well.. I will collect if he give me but I don't like bothering him, he has too many responsibilities to handle"

I was just ruminating about that response throughout the night!!!

Wife's of this generation can think like that too but I don't trust those Instagram slay queens and every petty damsels that I see around in this era!!!

Personally, it is all about trust.. If I trust you, I will do anything for you!! So, the answer is Yes from my end...
But it is not mandatory to give you every month (with entitlement mentality)!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery / Family section gist hub / I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.