Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident (11969 Views)

Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today / Folashade Tinubu Is More Ruthless Than Her Former Chicago Drug Baron Father / Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

Do you read the paper you uploaded?
They used the word probably and he was not convicted of any damn crime.

They said probably money from:
Narcotics due to his link with the said cousin.
Money laundering due to the huge money.

The USA with all their mighty agents DEA, FBI, etc. cannot nail Tinubu to any narcotics deal and you’re here shouting in too your voice about a non-existent crime.

You think USA will just leave a drug kingpin to go without Jailing them? You’re Just disgracing yourself online like other people without no knowledge of how the law works.
He was earning $28800 a year working for Mobil and had millions of dollars being transferred to his account by heroin traffickers Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by LegendHero(m): 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

[s]" A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana
One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/nigerian-pres-svengali-tied-to-heroin?ref=scroll[/s]

Show me where he was charged for narcotics pushing or SHUT UP. Show me his mugshot or KEEP SHUT.

I’ve read all the case about him 5 years ago and you can’t teach me nonsense with your copy and paste write up. There have been numerous people that have forfeited their money to the government if they can’t explain how they generate such huge funds.

Even in the USA you can forfeit your money to the government based on ordinary tax evasion. Forfeiting money to the government is not a sentence, you should show me where the USA jailed him or Keep Shut and stop regurgitating the same incoherent write ups.
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

Do you read the paper you uploaded?
They used the word probably and he was not convicted of any damn crime.

They said probably money from:
You’re Just disgracing yourself online like other people without no knowledge of how the law works.
The court record says he forfeited 460k being proceeds of narcotics. You must tell the government why millions of dollars are going through your accounts when you earn $28800 a year . American is not a Banana Republic where you can move bullion vans into your compound.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by LegendHero(m): 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

He was earning $28800 a year working for Mobil and had millions of dollars being transferred to his account by heroin traffickers Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew.

How he got his money is none of your concern. He was NOT a public servant during those period and he might have gotten the money through another means whether dubious or a poster boy for someone else it’s none of my concern.

What I’m asking you is to show us where he is convicted of any crime. Where is his mugshot or his conviction record. You can’t tell me the USA with the mighty DEA and FBI will just release someone that deals in narcotics if they truly have evidence against him.

Why am I even discussing with you!
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by LegendHero(m): 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

The court record says he forfeited 460k being proceeds of narcotics. You must tell the government why millions of dollars are going through your accounts when you earn $28800 a year . American is not a Banana Republic where you can move bullion vans into your compound.

Please go and push drug in USA with evidence and tell the government you want to forfeit part of it and see if you won’t be jailed for life.

You think USA will just free someone if truly they are sure he is into drugs? You’re very funny.
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

How he got his money is none of your concern. He was NOT a public servant during those period and he might have gotten the money through another means whether dubious or a poster boy for someone else it’s none of my concern.

What I’m asking you is to show us where he is convicted of any crime. Where is his mugshot or his conviction record. You can’t tell me the USA with the mighty DEA and FBI will just release someone that deals in narcotics if they truly have evidence against him.

Why am I even discussing with you!
He told them he had no other means on income except the $28800 he was earning at Mobil. Yet had millions of dollars being sent to his account b heroin traffickers, one if them got convicted.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

Please go and push drug in USA with evidence and tell the government you want to forfeit part of it and see if you won’t be jailed for life.

You think USA will just free someone if truly they are sure he is into drugs? You’re very funny.
The court record says he forfeited $460k.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by LegendHero(m): 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

He told them he had no other means on income except the $28800 he was earning at Mobil. Yet was have millions of dollars go through account from Heroin traffickers, one if them got convicted.

Is Tinubu convicted? Yes or No?

I’m not talking about the other people, the subject here is Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

Is Tinubu convicted? Yes or No?

I’m not talking about the other people, the subject here is Tinubu.
He forfeited $460k being proceeds of narcotics. Akande the heroin trafficker who got convicted was moving millions of dollars through his account.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by LegendHero(m): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

The court record says he forfeited $460k.

There are lot of people that forfeited their money to the US government even for tax evasion and that is not a conviction.

He wasn’t convicted, so what exactly are you trying to imply? How he got his money is none of my concern and Tinubu is not my father so I care less about his past ways.

But the main issue here is that you guys have no case against him, he wasn’t convicted, he wasn’t jailed, so what is the rubbish we are talking here.

There are many instances where police carry yahoo boys and take their pictures, take their money for bail, and after some time they might free them that there is no evidence. Will you say that person was jailed?

The law works with evidence, even if a person is caught in a crime scene and everyone knows he killed someone, if they can’t back it up with evidence in the law court the person will be discharged and acquitted by the judge. Evidence is the real KEY here, the US government got no real evidence to jail Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

There are lot of people that forfeited their money to the US government even for tax evasion and that is not a conviction.

He wasn’t convicted, so what exactly are you trying to imply? How he got his money is none of my concern and Tinubu is not my father so I care less about his past ways.

But the main issue here is that you guys have no case against him, he wasn’t convicted, he wasn’t jailed, so what is the rubbish we are talking here.

There are many instances where police carry yahoo boys and take their pictures, take their money for bail, and after some time they might free them that there is no evidence. Will you say that person was jailed?

The law works with evidence, even if a person is caught in a crime scene and everyone knows he killed someone, if they can’t back it up with evidence in the law court the person will be discharged and acquitted by the judge. Evidence is the real KEY here, the US government got no real evidence to jail Tinubu.
Where did I say he was convicted?I said he forfeited $460k that was being laundered through his account by heroin traffickers.
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by LegendHero(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

Where did I say he was convicted?I said he forfeited $460k that was being laundered through his account by heroin traffickers.

Alright case closed!
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
LegendHero:

Now you know why Nigeria is the poverty and corruption capital of the world. Leaders living like millionaires and billionaires with public funds. Here was a man earning $28800 working at Mobil a year and had millions of dollars from heroin traffickers going through his account.

This is a glimpse into the history and background of all Nigeria's fantastically corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by mercyville: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2019
I had thought that Tinubu was a drug baron before but reading that he was never convicted for drug offences by USA just cleared my mind now but why was the company's 460k forfeited and part of his money given back to him.Will somebody explain that?
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
mercyville:
I had thought that Tinubu was a drug baron before but reading that he was never convicted for drug offences by USA just cleared my mind now but why was the company's 460k forfeited and part of his money given back to him.Will somebody explain that?
He was the bagman.
"Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest
https://www.thedailybeast.com/nigerian-pres-svengali-tied-to-heroin?ref=scroll

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Beautyaddy: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
lol!...Unfortunately such news about Tinubu(who happens to be Nigeria's godfather)from the US Media will not change anything in the minds of most Nigerians

Why, it's because what Tinubu did is already accepted and done by most Nigerians. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by RTSC: 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

Rite of passage
There is no evidence that atiku is a thief.
Yet tinubu and his gang called him a thief.

What is the difference between atiku and tinubu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
Beautyaddy:
lol!...Unfortunately such news about Tinubu(who happens to be Nigeria's godfather)from the US Media will not change anything in the minds of most Nigerians

Why, it's because what Tinubu did is already accepted and done by most Nigerians. undecided
Requirement for political office in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
[s]
djdutch:

The druglord was earning $2400 a month when he was working for Mobil-which amounts to $28800 a year in 1993. And he had millions of dollars going through his account. America is not a Banana Republic like Nigeria- you must explain to them how you got the money.
That is why he foreited $460k of his narcotics proceeds,when he couldn't account for it.
[/s]

Hahahahaha.. You are back, ...

Now answer the question t=yu ran away from...

Yes, he forfeited some money in the company's bank account, now, why was he given back part of his money?

grin grin
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Hahahahaha.. You are back, ...

Now answer the question t=yu ran away from...

Yes, he forfeited some money in the company's bank account, now, why was he given back part of his money?

grin grin
Why were heroin traffickers laundering millions of dollars into his account?Here was a man earning $28800 a year.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
RTSC:

There is no evidence that atiku is a thief.
Yet tinubu and his gang called him a thief.

What is the difference between atiku and tinubu?
Birds of the same feather.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2019
mercyville:

1. He was not arrested for any offence.

2. He was not the target of any drug business

3. He was not convicted or charged with any criminal activity or wrongdoing

4. The case was against his business, a financial service business/Compass financial services with funds that came from other people.

5. The US government went to court to take that money.

6. The US received court judgement to take the money and leave Tinubu's money intact, money they've determined came from a legitimate source.

Funds in the account = $1.4 million

The US government took only $460k

The US government gave Tinubu $940k

The US government returned more than double what they took from the account.

The question these ignorant Igbos should be asking is.

Why was Tinubu not arrested

Why was Tinubu not convicted and no evidence of any crime

As we all know, Igbos are generally not too bright, they can not read or comprehend anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

Birds of the same feather.

Show us the arrest record

Show us the drug conviction

Show us mug shot picture

Show us the prison they sent him to for drug conviction

Tell us why they returned almost double of what they took from him, basically, they took $460k and they gave him back $940k, almost $1 million of legitimate money.

This ipob is not smart at all.. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
Tinubu must be the only drug lord in the world that was never arrested, never convicted, never charged with any wrongdoing, in fact, the US government dash him almost $1 million.

Almighty and powerful Tinubu grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
plaindealer:

Show us the arrest record

Show us the drug conviction

Show us mug shot picture

Show us the prison they sent him to for drug conviction

Tell us why they returned almost double of what they took from him, basically, they took $460k and they gave him back $940k, almost $1 million of legitimate money.

This ipob is not smart at all.. grin grin grin
He was not convicted but ordered by the Northern District of Illinios court to forfeit $460k that was being laundered by his heroin traffickers gang through his account

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

He was not convicted but ordered by the Northern District if Illinios court to forfeit $460k that was being laundered by his heroin traffickers gang through his account

Stop repeating the same ignorant rubbiish, we read in the rubbish you posted that they took 460k from his business account, but they gave him back double that amount, they gave Tinubu $940k

Tell u whys US government gave your so-called druglord double the amount they took from his business account?

Why.? grin
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
plaindealer:
Tinubu must be the only drug lord in the world that was never arrested, never convicted, never charged with any wrongdoing, in fact, the US government dash him almost $1 million.

Almighty and powerful Tinubu grin grin grin
Why was the 460k seized?What was the reason the court gave for forfeiture?A man earning $28800 and has millions being laundered in his account by heroin traffickers is normal to you. No wonder the country is the poverty and corruption capital of the world, with people like you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

He was not convicted but ordered by the Northern District of Illinios court to forfeit $460k that was being laundered by his heroin traffickers gang through his account

So, the US government nabbed Tinubu and his drug trafficking gang, but they did not arrest him, they did not convict him, they didn't even find any evidence of wrongdoing, they just took 460k from a business account and gave Tinubu double that amount, $940k.

I though druglord go to jail in the US..

ipob, this your story get serious K-Leg o.. grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
plaindealer:

So, the US government nabbed Tinubu and his drug trafficking gang, but they did not arrest him, they did not convict him, they didn't even find any evidence of wrongdoing, they just took 460k from a business account and gave Tinubu double that amount, $940k.

I though druglord go to jail in the US..

ipob, this your story get serious K-Leg o.. grin grin grin
Read the court document clown!They seized $460k because it was proceeds of narcotics?Are you an illiterate

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
djdutch:

Why was the 460k seized?What was the reason the court gave for forfeiture?

A man earning $28800 and has millions being laundered in his account by heroin traffickers is normal to you. No wonder the country is the poverty and corruption capital of the world, with people like you.

Because the funds came from other people that the US government questioned and they rightfully took the money.

This is really a dumb and daft question that you keep repeating. Do you really think we don't know why they took the money and why he was given back double the amount they took?

It means more than double the amount they took was legitimate and if he was the target of any drug business or wrongdoing, they won't give him back 1 kobo and he'll get serious jail time.

Now, tell us why they gave him back $940,000.
Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2019
plaindealer:

Yes, he forfeited some money in the company's bank account, now, why was he given back part of his money? grin
The heroin trafficker money launderer and bullion van merchant was earning $28800 in Mobil and laundering millions of dollars into his account

"At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. "

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident by plaindealer: 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2019
[s]
djdutch:

Read the court document clown!They seized $460k because it was proceeds of narcotics?Are you an illiterate
[/s]

Illiterate ipob, was the $940,000 the US government gave Tinubu proceeds of narcotics trade too?

For several pages you've been dodging this question, why are you so afraid to answer the question.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe's Posthumous 117 Birthday: Anambra Declares Public Holiday Nov 16 / Seun Kuti Still In Police Custody; May Be Arraigned Today / How Did Tinubu End Up Owning Lagos State House, Marina?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.