Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

I Finally Had An Extra Year - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Finally Had An Extra Year (22164 Views)

I Finally Signed Out At 42 / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Xtfield(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
I just like this Nairaland family. God bless you all for you pieces of advice to this young man.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by CaptainMitch: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
If I were your parents I will break your head, you failed and you are proud of it, better go back to school sit up and grab your degree, Nigeria is a certificate country, nobody will help you or trust you to leadership positions without certificate.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Franklyspeakin: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bro las las no be who first graduate dey make am ooo. I'm an example. I had extra years to but now my mates are calling me for employment. Go and write it. Nobody will even remember it once ur done. People only celebrate success. Fear not but use this time to map out you real friend. You parents will sha shout, highest they will be disappointed. But see it won't last. Highest 1yr and the dust will settle. Wish you the best bathingsoap. But guy this your name sef ehhh

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Did you follow up your result? I guess you didn't... You didn't fail anyone. Just get yourself together and focus. Life is bigger than those two courses you failed. Write it again and get back on track and stop pestering your mind with shit.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by akinbode1(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
You're not a failure until you admit that you're failure......However, you are failure if you give up....
Be strong my man........

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by ofemigeorge(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

https://www.nairaland.com/5253585/help....i-lost-interest-school-pls

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

Tell your dad its only a course. Dont tell him two.
Tellhim when you will be graduating.
Get closer to God.
Wear the cap of boldness and have a quiet spirit when going back for the courses.
Work tirelessly to pass both thefailed course and borrowed courses.
Let your motivation be that you must write your masters once you finish your nysc.
Remeber some didnt pass jamb wen you did. And some wont get a job after school but you will. Its a race. Sometimes you behinde sometimes you infront. You will be ahead of your mate again . Life is up and down
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bro, if you can push on, you can make it. You will definitely look back some day and be proud you didn't give up. Cheer up and forge ahead. It's one of those things in life.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Oyeleye101(m): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Don't give up man! Be strong � and you see yourself pass those courses!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Your sense is too much. What are you up to?
generationz:

Sorry about your misfortune.

Truth is we can't all be winners in everything we put our hands to. Sometimes, its not juju and village people. It's just life. It's just a part. It's just a lesson learnt and looking forward to better days.

You failed at uni now, some people lost all their savings in a bad business. Some people lost their multimillion naira company that they have worked for for years to build. Some lost their jobs with kids to feed.

I want to tell you that even if it seems like your world is crashing all around you your academic failure is not up to a quarter of what these people have faced.

Why? Because school is the best place for trial and error. School is the best place to learn the tenets of hard work. School is the best place to find yourself, whether through several successes or failures.

You are still getting pocket money. Yo
Live under your parents roof. Etc.

I always laugh at students who don't plan ahead in school. They only have option A which is their degree. Especially in Nigeria where Jobs are so few.

My dear, the real world is brutal and if you cant pick yourself up from the ground now, how will you deal with life when it hits you?

I'll advice if getting a good degree is important to you

1 You either transfer to an easier department and start from 200 level again.
2. Go back next year and write your carry over.

I'm sure you are one of those students who likes to do things alone. Maybe you should seek help from the smart kids in your class or a friendly lecturer. No man or woman is an island.

I feel the highest your parents can do is scream at you and remind you of your failure. You'll have to brace up for the tough times ahead.

Now, is the time to work harder than your mates at your freelancing job so that by the time they are done with law school you'll have probably bought your car and living on your own.

There is nothing God and you cant so if you put your mind to it.

Also, as you work at your job, start thinking of plan B and C.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Lummyolumide: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Me wey dey my second extra year currently for geology. Wetin u wan make I do . Make I go kill myself?
A person with bright glory would surely have obstacles
Bro don't give up

10 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by mujiboy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Been in your shoes bro, Failed and had to resit and forgot it happened.
First thing you should know is, it will pass and only temporary. Resit and get it fixed, shit happens. Beauty in the struggle. Failing doesn’t mean you won’t make it in Life. Pick yourself up and be inspired to be successful on the long run.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by TYglobal: 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
My dear I won't talk much but go back write those two papers and collect that degree , you've worked for it....

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by smartleo(m): 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

I understand how it feels cos I have been through it before, I failed a course in my final year first semester and all effort to get a Senate waiver failed despite the fact that others who failed two or three course in other departments were waived but I preserve although quite hard the feelings and never gave up, today I'm working and married with two beautiful daughters. When life throws you a dart, become the martial man through it. Failures makes better and not worse.

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Iamgifted(m): 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
BathingSoap:

I feel your pain bro but believe me, you'll come out stronger than you know. I had same experience and even contemplated suicide but God is turning my story around for good already.

I posted that I was looking for investors sometime ago here because I got an offer from a UK company to buy my idea, I wasn't satisfied with their terms when I noticed they'll benefit a lot from my idea so I broke ties.

Your best is yet to come bro. Hold on a little while and you'll find purpose

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by REDshouse(m): 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Kini big deal...

If u are crying about extra year, what should Manutd be crying of.... ur moniker said it all..
Bathingsoap... go and take a good shower and refresh ur memory for the challenges ahead....if u really want to make ur mother proud...get that fucking Certificate by all means even if it meant retaking those useless courses that u fail ...am saying useless cos most of the courses been taught in our glorified uni are outdated and irrelevant and give it to her and pursue ur other goals..

You keep solving for some unknown alphabet till u die....that is what life is all about

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Go back next year and clear ur carryover, you are not the first and the last
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by NigPatriot(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
sad
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Iamgifted(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
Lummyolumide:
Me wey dey my second extra year currently for geology. Wetin u wan make I do . Make I go kill myself?
A person with bright glory would surely have obstacles
Bro don't give up

God bless you bro, I can't agree less
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by DeriNwamamatene: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
post=83518359:

Hello kiddo.
We are happyto give a once Lazy youth, The Chairman of Nairaland council Cancelling Association.

You will get your salary at the end of the month if you make another 700 cancelling before the month ends.
Thumbs up to the Lazy youth now gainfully employed by Yours Truly! grin cheesy
[/s]
sorry i don't read trash
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by IMUSTgoToUSthis: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
My Sister had to be laid back for good 5years after finishing BL, she just went to Law School this May and she is the happiest person she came this time because in those 5years, though grueling, she learnt alot of skills especially Graphics design, she registered a company with the CAC, she Co-started a Girl's guide NGO, a well grounded motivational speaker. Right now, her moat cases in Law school are now a walk in the park.

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Spoiler0652: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
never give up... I spent 8 years studying a four years course in the university. And I done with my nysc. NEEVER GIVE UP

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Listen to me! The moment you refuse to write those papers and waste your 5yrs of hard work and persistence including your mom's efforts that's the time you become a failure, a big one. Think about the time you've put into it, your moms effort, money before you quite. This is not the worst thing.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bro dont feel bad about it .
I've just resumed my 400l and I already knew I'd have extra semester before the commencement of the new session.
Extra isn't the end of ur journey so is delay not a denial

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Ugosample(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
EkperemoEgbabi:

Congratulations. Idiiiot

carry your sad, miserable, and worthless self out of this thread

Instead of you to keep shut, as you have nothing sensible to say, you are exposing yourself as an irredeemable dimwit.

Others are trying to help him forge ahead

while you are wallowing in perpetual bitterness.

anu ofia di ka gi

@Op
don't listen to this punk
at least you still have hope of redemption

this one is finished in totality

undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Bbbwings: 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
I had a resit in my final year.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by adedayourt(m): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations, more years to your year.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by toprealman: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
#Discombobulated

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Oluwapresley(m): 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Divay22:
But why is life like this self sad Me am tired o cry cry
Did you read the first thread? This one is architect of his own extra year.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by ADIPONECTIN: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Don't beat yourself up. I had an extra year too and now, I'm running my masters. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. My spillover made me stronger I swear. Let this make you stronger too. Best of luck!

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Oluwapresley(m): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Divay22:
Lol. I get my own for body abeg grin

Hahahaha.... Now I see:-D
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by kidneystones(m): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Story story ,,,,,,,rewrite ... It. . y u dy complain ... DX ur post dy hilarious o
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by ADIPONECTIN: 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Like seriously??
adedayourt:
Congratulations, more years to your year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student / FUNAAB Students Beat A Thief Who Stole Tecno Phone (Photo) / Olamide Samuel, The First African PhD Holder In National Security At 25 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.