Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Finally Had An Extra Year - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Finally Had An Extra Year (22168 Views)

I Finally Signed Out At 42 / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

https://www.nairaland.com/5253585/help....i-lost-interest-school-pls

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

Brother, please teach me freelancing.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by QueenVaji: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2019
If u dance soapy finish for school ...u go come here dey talk rubbish...u never even start life yet...u go fail till life go tire u... most Nigerian youths are so messed up tifiakwa
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by latbas(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2019
I understand this feeling perfectly, I was once in your shoe, I was not even expecting mine but I failed in my last semester in school (two courses like yours), I was like the only person among my friends who had an extra year but the extra was actually a blessing in disguise for me. I got employed the same week my mates were doing there convocation and i have never look back since then. I will be finishing my service in 3 months time now.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by frozen70g(f): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:
Few months ago, i created a thread on front page on how i have lost interest in school and education because of my poor academic performance

Today i just found out that i failed two of my final year papers, thus giving me an extra year, i didn't know at first but as my mom kept pestering me to apply for law school, i had to check the list my school forwarded to Abuja, Garki, for those eligible to apply for law school, and discovered my name was not included.

I was discombobulated because i already made good the due process involved in the application prior to this day, i was advised by colleagues to check my result and lo and behold i failed 2 courses in my second semester yr 5.

I have failed my parents, especially my mom who invested a lot in my schooling, i might not be able to go back to the school for the extra year, i don't even know how to tell my parents, or what to do next, if i had known i would never have attended the uni, rather would have learnt a skill or focused on freelancing but i guess its all too late now.

Stop creating more problems for yourself and your parents

Summon courage and remove shame and go back to school and complete it, it's better than starting a fresh

You are better off learning a skill as a graduate than learning a skill as a drop out

Tell you parents what happened and apologies to them

Na yourself you dey do no be your parents
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by ThatFairGuy: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Another Monika, same person cheesy Wetin really do u angry
[s]
DeriNwamamatene:

shatap
we know
[/s]
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by seyenko(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
You better go back to school and finish up. In life, you will fail several times to succeed. However, you must rise every time you fail and don't stay down
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by saajus: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
1yr that will come and go in a twinkle of an eye. Go and knock those classes out sharp sharp. Issues happen and you just have your own taste of the other side of life. You have not disappointed anybody. Be focused and pass those classes. Baba, more failures will still come in the future, be prepared.

BathingSoap:

Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by wandeykul(f): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:

what's the big deal in having an extra year?I've never heard this kind of thing in my life.We were over 15 that had extra year in my class 2013 and graduated in 2014..I'm even through with post graduate now..Just go back and make sure you read very hard for those 2 courses.. I just dey laugh here
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by johnylee: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for sharing amazing posts.

mobile car mechanic near me
Battery replacement
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by omoyemoses(f): 8:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
BathingSoap:

I'm so sorry about that
But it's not the end of the world baby
And don't give up now..... You're almost at the end of the tunnel..
Write your carry over courses and prepare for it, attend tutorials, review the questions you think you must have failed in that paper. I'm sure you'll scale through.

Also, about the freelancing or learning a skill, you could use your free time after studying to learn one or two skills. And offer your services online on fiverr.com or upwork.com and make money.

So, baby, don't worry about it. God will see you through.

Personally, my last semester results were very very poor. Like extremely poor but I didn't give up. I'm studying and putting more effort. And I am hoping it will be all okay this time.

Bless your heart.
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by gregyboy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2019
Am also having an extra year over here in Uniben but was the big deal...
I respect the intelligent people but i fear the non intelligent minds they are full of surorises just as me....

Am currently studying geography but i have
Plans after school to be a writter and that is what i will never fail
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by deltateam: 4:16am On Oct 29, 2019
Premiumwriter:
Op

Why don't you take a day off. Sit down and think about your life and what you want to do with it?

Life is easy now because your parents are still fending for you. A time will come when you'll need to stand by yourself.

Some dead people will gladly exchange your place with theirs. Are you interested?
Re: I Finally Had An Extra Year by Premiumwriter: 5:38am On Oct 29, 2019
deltateam:

Some dead people will gladly exchange your place with theirs. Are you interested?
seen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student / FUNAAB Students Beat A Thief Who Stole Tecno Phone (Photo) / Obituary Of Ogbonna Jane Mmasichi, MOUAU Dead Student (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.