Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa (58210 Views)

USA Parades 12 Nuclear Stealth Bombers & Vows Jets Are ‘Ready To Strike Anywhere / Russia Finally Rolled Out Heavy Long range Bombers In Ukraine / US Nuke Bombers And Nato Jets Conduct War Games On Russia Doorstep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Olominira(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2019
YungJo207:
I ready some comments here and I just laugh and pity for my beloved AFRICA...Putin is a very smart man when it comes to his country interest in matters like this ( future war threat ), Mark my world south Africa is in big problem cause those aircraft will be stationed there making what ever Putin say in South Africa stand Instead of them to have an option they never know the kind future wahala they enter.

One the first time in a long time buhari made a smart move...no doubt Putin would have tabled the matter before him and he would refuse as a formal military man ( note Lagos to California by sea is about 2-3 month which to Houston is around 1month and some days ) which will make America even more angry and scared.

Mind you Trump and putin are good friends before politics, Russia is the only country that can face America with military might and America would be scared.

South Africa don buy market ooo, questions is why South Africa allow an aircraft as deadly as this station in your country when you have no say or power over it?

Why Putin station such Aircraft in South Africa when he knows he won't allow them use it and sell fighter helicopter to Nigeria ( 2 main Africa strong house )

Why station a war aircraft in Africa?

AFRICA we never know wetin we dey enter God help us all.
You are very wise sir. Buhari is one of the most intelligent presidents in Africa today, SA's president Cyril is more dumb than primary 6 pupil. Firstly, neither SA nor Nigeria needs such powerful weapons, Nigeria needs the helicopters to fight BH but not such powerful jets.
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by blunt(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2019
This is deep, " sticks and stones" because man will be riped of civilization.quote author=padi94 post=83518738]I dont know what weapons will be used to fight World War 3 but, World War 4 will be fought with sticks nd stones[/quote]
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Wiseonetemmy(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=PhenomenalMorgan post=83523106]
Na you wan start am undecided
I thought it would happen when North Korea was threatening to shoot missiles at the US territory of Guam,
After all the threats, dem no do anything!! [
Your comment doesn't erase the fact that the world is sitting on a keg of gun powder. If you have been following recent world events, you will agree with me that there is chaos across the globe. Just like the Arab spring was kick off with one singular event so will the war. Its only a matter of when. There is an arms race going on among super powers now. What do you think thats about?]

1 Like

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by dermmy(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2019
Isinweke:

Tell me one good thing Russia have done to Africa or the world.

Don't mention USSR

Lol. He shouldn't mention USSR? Can anyone discuss Russia without mentioning USSR? Look at the history of Russia starting from 1917 after the Bolshevik revolution, Russia helped many colonised countries to gain their independence from the exploiters.

Look at the role Soviet-Russia played in the anti-aparthied struggle in South Africa, Leonid Breznev exerted maximum pressure on the apartheid regime in SA calling for the release of Nelson Mandela and his ANC colleagues even when U.S and Britain were actively supporting the apartheid regime there.

Soviet-Russia was about helping the Congo to put an end to the Belgian sponsored Katangese secessionists when the CIA in conujction with the Belgian intelligence service arranged the killing of Patrice Lumumba. Lumumba had approached U.S earlier but he was turned down this made him approach Soviet-Russia his communist leaning led to his death. Go and read mr man.

If not for Russia Syria would have turned to another Libya now. Google "Timber Sycamore".
Some days ago U.S announced it had secured major oil fields in Syria. Na oil field dem dey secure during anti-terror war? grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Olominira(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2019
iammo:
stop being a pessimist.. UK and America were built with african resources and slave man power... US became a major nuclear powered country because of a german man, and internet is available because of a nigerian mathematics professor..

So whats slavery if we call in Russia to develop our ajaokuta for us, atleast russia developed brazil steel industry and brazil now makes plane

You didn't mention China, Russia built several steel companies across China. In fact, China is great today because of Russia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by YungJo207(m): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2019
Olominira:

You are very wise sir. Buhari is one of the most intelligent presidents in Africa today, SA's is more dumb than primary 6 pupil. Firstly, neither SA nor Nigeria needs such powerful weapons, Nigeria needs the helicopters to fight BH but not such powerful jets.

Yes we don't need it but what we don't need more is it been stationed in an AFRICA country, do you know how many countries would start to see South Africa as a threat and turn their back on them? Main while the so called South Africa have no power or say over it ooo not even the South Africa president will tell them to launch and they obey ( them no even born am well to give such order ) So that was a very very crazy and stupid move no matter what you want to gain.

God help us All we AFRICANS.
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by grandstar(m): 8:59am On Oct 28, 2019
marvin905:

the moment you said China is ahead of Russia in military..
your write up became trash..
you seriously believe that statement..
China military deployment is not up to Russia not to even talk of military base..
have you seen Russia artic base..
cnn was given permission to enter recently go and do a research..
China might be ahead of Russia in many ways buh not military

I just Googled it. You're right. Even a US magazine admitted as much.

No argument. America though is No.1
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by htweet(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2019
When is the Nigeria version coming through?
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2019
Africa is ever ready to sell everything they have in exchange for foreign aid . They are gradually selling their future to these so-called super power. Why can't we be like China and India by creating and developing our weapons little by little ? Our military engineers, are they dead? We have signed a deal to sell our soul likewise the future of our children. No man has dead brain. The white has the same brain but we refused to use ours. I wish God can just flush us out of this earth. We are a complete disgrace in all of God' creatures. Our major concern is just to import and use, not thinking about how these weapons were developed. A big shame to Nigeria and the rest of Africa
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by luminouz(m): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2019
grandstar:
Instead of Putin to focus efforts to revive the stagnant Russian economy, he is pumping money into it's war machine.

Israel has deplored it's knowledge in defence technology into commercial use. Israel is now a big tech exporter. It has a flourishing venture capital industry. Russia is nowhere to be found. Instead, its forte is the export of commodities. Disappointing
lmaoooo!!!
You people are funny walahi...
Nothing ever satisfies you humans!
Not even death!
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by marvin905(m): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2019
grandstar:

China has advanced greatly in the past few years. It is no slacker. I've read extensively about China's military in the Economist magazine and it's impressive.

How much does it cost to build an Arctic base? Let's say $20b. That's pocket change to the Chinese.

let China go and build if they get mind..
is not only about the base is the location of the base..
fear Russia they don't make noise buh they are smart..
look at the location of their base and you will see..
the money they are gonna be making from their nuclear ice breaker is gonna be huge
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by marvin905(m): 9:04am On Oct 28, 2019
grandstar:

I just Googled it. You're right. Even a US magazine admitted as much.

No argument. America though is No.1

nobody is arguing that American isn't no 1 buh that same American ask them their biggest fear it's Russia not even china..
if China was the one intervening in Syria you think Assad won't be dead..
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Arthurity1(m): 9:06am On Oct 28, 2019
decatalyst:
I am loving this romance walahi.

America will soon be jealous grin grin
Don't love this story oo! Buhari just sold us out to two of the most oppressive nations in the world!
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Olominira(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2019
marvin905:

the moment you said China is ahead of Russia in military..
your write up became trash..
you seriously believe that statement..
China military deployment is not up to Russia not to even talk of military base..
have you seen Russia artic base..
cnn was given permission to enter recently go and do a research..
China might be ahead of Russia in many ways buh not military
Please do not allow CNN mislead you, apart from nuclear warheads, China is closing ranks with the US so fast. At the moment, Chinese naval ships have outnumbered the US. They also have electromagnetic pulse, I forgot the real name. Today, China is next to US.

The next big country on the track is India. The likes of UK, France, Spain etc are gone for good in the world stage. They need to spend on their economies and growing old population
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Kevinsamba: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2019
Bleep the US man
They Are beginning to irritate me what right do they have to place sanction on any country
I doubt if the Un would even allow the sanction to stand, because believe that as a sovereign state, we are allowed to buy wepons from any country
And I can't remember my any law withholding us from doing just that.
I don't think buying wepons from Russia is enough reason for a sanction
Isinweke:

The US don't sell enough weapon to African government because they don't trust them, because they could use it on their citizens,
It was the Northern governors that even wrote later to the US not to sell weapons to Nigeria under Goodluck Jonathan saying was is using it to kill innocent Northerners, it now backfired them because the US then refuse to sell to Buhari's government,
GEJ even tried to buy weapon illegally in SA but was busted and stopped by the US. Russia does not care how you use the weapons they sold to you, that's the difference.
If Nigeria keep Buhari keep buying weapons from Russia then the US will start placing sanctions on Nigeria little by little, their allies will stop buying oil from Nigeria little by little.
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by dermmy(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2019
Olominira:

You didn't mention China, Russia built several steel companies across China. In fact, China is great today because of Russia

Exactly. During the Soviet era. China sent its students to Russia to learn technologies. The "Sino-Soviet treaty of mutual co-operation" made China what it is today in some sphere. USSR started giving China license to build its soviet fighter aircrafts. E.g the mig-21 that is known as Chengdu F7 in China and many other Russian fighter variants, and some licenced built soviet strategic bombers that china still operate today

Look at North-Korea, Vietnam these countries fully alligned themselves with the USSR and they are reaping the benefits today in terms of tech advancement.

Instead of Nigeria to fully align with the USSR during the cold war years she was claiming Non-alignment stressing she doesn't want to play bloc politics. But in the real sense Nigeria aligned with the western countries that exploited her. The countries that aligned with USSR didn't regret it even though they were hounded by U.S and its western thugs. These countries enjoyed tech transfer, military support and the rest. What the west won't do for Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Olominira(m): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2019
marvin905:

nobody is arguing that American isn't no 1 buh that same American ask them their biggest fear it's Russia not even china..
Both Russia and China are big threats to the USA. Forget media, China is at the moment dominating the south China sea. The difference is that, China does not believe in meddling in other countries' affairs. They believe in peaceful coexistence and trade

2 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2019
prekumohtim:
Africa is ever ready to sell everything they have in exchange for foreign aid . They are gradually selling their future to these so-called super power. Why can't we be like China and India by creating and developing our weapons little by little ? Our military engineers, are they dead? We have signed a deal to sell our soul likewise the future of our children. No man has dead brain. The white has the same brain but we refused to use ours. I wish God can just flush us out of this earth. We are a complete disgrace in all of God' creatures. Our major concern is just to import and use, not thinking about how these weapons were developed. A big shame to Nigeria and the rest of Africa

Let's restructured or divide this country so everyone work for themselves without problem,
How e go be when you use Nigeria made weapon to fight Boko Haram with foreign weapon?

The Northerners don't want to stop Boko Haram, they are the ones taking us Backward, they don't want others to develope and them too will never develope
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by iammo(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2019
ignorance you displayed here is legendary

there is nothing our engineers can do without russia remodelling ajaokuta steel complex, or helping us build a nuclear power plant... solar and hydo in a 200 million people country is a huge joke..

China and India became technological strong after ussr/ russia built them steel plants, and thier engineers started showing creativity with steel

prekumohtim:

1 Like

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by ken6488(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2019
TheExecutioner:
In your dreams maybe.

nothing about dream bro a true giant help others not killing them how can you called a non accomodative country giant....
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by useurkidney3121: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2019
I wish 3rd world war could start asap... I want d end of this sinful and wicked world
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 28, 2019
marvin905:

Russia is defending Syria but the US military is in Syria protecting their stolen oil.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3-ReFNofcE/
US is the baddest!
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by LyfeJennings(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2019
God forbid there is any form of world war
The effect would be so disastrous that even God Himself would feel it

1 Like

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by marvelous000: 9:24am On Oct 28, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

No, the nuclear plants are still operating, and provide SA 15000mw OF POWER.

What was dismantled was SA's nuclear weapons programme...and that was at the instance of Mandela, and also parly due to expense.
That guy is so ignorant that I don't even know how to go about addressing him.
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Moradeyo95: 9:25am On Oct 28, 2019
ednut1:
With just those two jets they can destroy africa in 5 days
they didnt say the bomber jets have nuck missiles oo dey said it has the capabilities of firing nuck missiles....two different things..
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by lagdmark(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2019
CTPlayer:
LOL Africa selling out to China and Russia.
Watin Africa gain from USA and Europe after 100 years of colonialism. Competition is the key. The market is now open, Europe, China, USA, and Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2019
padi94:
I dont know what weapons will be used to fight World War 3 but, World War 4 will be fought with sticks nd stones
albert Einstein grin
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2019
Olominira:

You are very wise sir. Buhari is one of the most intelligent presidents in Africa today, SA's president Cyril is more dumb than primary 6 pupil. Firstly, neither SA nor Nigeria needs such powerful weapons, Nigeria needs the helicopters to fight BH but not such powerful jets.
unbelievable

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nwaonyishi69: 9:28am On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=iammo post=83524706]stop being a pessimist.. UK and America were built with african resources and slave man power... US became a major nuclear powered country because of a german man, and internet is available because of a nigerian mathematics professor..

So whats slavery if we call in Russia to develop our ajaokuta for us, atleast russia developed brazil steel industry and brazil now makes plane. When nations benefit from others it is by choice or strategic design. How can Nigeria benefit from partnership in corruption? Think about rail engineers that China offered to train for you. Amechi and co chose to send touts with political links to China as trainees. Think about the cost of our rail lines against those of Ghana and Ethiopia. When a nation will develop it must start with rational choices not hubris, exclusion, sectarian pursuits etc are the guide. Russia has a plan, Ethiopia, Ghana, Korea (north and south) etc all have programs for moving ahead. How many times in a year do their presidents beg round the world? A nation as diverse as China effectively accommodates different groups, including visiting blacks. A Nigerian refugee is more protected by the Europeans than a hard working Nigerian in Nigeria. That is why all our gifted brains (including the mathematician you mentioned) will be happier outside Nigeria. Yet, no nation or era that celebrate mediocrity can ever prosper
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by marvelous000: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2019
dermmy:

Lol. He shouldn't mention USSR? Can anyone discuss Russia without mentioning USSR? Look at the history of Russia starting from 1917 after the Bolshevik revolution, Russia helped many colonised countries to gain their independence from the exploiters.

Look at the role Soviet-Russia played in the anti-aparthied struggle in South Africa, Leonid Breznev exerted maximum pressure on the apartheid regime in SA calling for the release of Nelson Mandela and his ANC colleagues even when U.S and Britain were actively supporting the apartheid regime there.

Soviet-Russia was about helping the Congo to put an end to the Belgian sponsored Katangese secessionists when the CIA in conujction with the Belgian intelligence service arranged the killing of Patrice Lumumba. Lumumba had approached U.S earlier but he was turned down this made him approach Soviet-Russia his communist leaning led to his death. Go and read mr man.

If not for Russia Syria would have turned to another Libya now. Google "Timber Sycamore".
Some days ago U.S announced it had secured major oil fields in Syria. Na oil field dem dey secure during anti-terror war? grin grin
teaching him elementary foreign politics? you've really got enough time in your hand.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2019
iammo:
stop being a pessimist.. UK and America were built with african resources and slave man power... US became a major nuclear powered country because of a german man, and internet is available because of a nigerian mathematics professor..

So whats slavery if we call in Russia to develop our ajaokuta for us, atleast russia developed brazil steel industry and brazil now makes plane

oat you are very ignorant... internet was invented when Nigeria was still fighting civil war
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2019
ezenwajosh:
Nigeria preparing for Biafra war...the truth is it doesn't matter if you choose to identify as Biafra....they see all south as Igbo but we are also getting ready just like we told them....the war won't by fought one sided again

They brought the war to us before but this time we will also get to them
useless chestbeater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Truck Attack In Nice, France On Bastille Day Kills Many / Putin Sends Militia Into Kyiv To Assassinate Zelensky (Photos) / William Amos Caught Naked On Zoom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.