Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos (22038 Views)

IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by kayc33(m): 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
damn shame smh
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by TippyTop(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
Great to see 2 coppers fighting, the new "pastime" could keep them occupied.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by torobaba: 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
na peson papa be dat o,
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
Ileke Idi said:

Quote from: ROSSIKE on Yesterday at 04:50:33 PM
We have serious problems in how we address issues in Nigeria.

Every incident out of the ordinary turns into a ''bash Nigeria'' opportunity.

One even called the scuffle ''a national disgrace''.

I mean, WTF?

In most other places the fight between the two officers would simply be assessed on its own merit, independently of anything else. But here, it becomes a wider issue about how ''Nigeria is this'' and ''Nigeria is that''.

Truth is many of us just have a terrible inferiority complex and constantly seek out  opportunities to affirm our self-hate.

Tragic.

Plz name those places. . . . by the time you're done naming, you'll realize that you've only listed the places in your village.

Well, if you wish to call New Jersey, United States, my village, more fool you!!!

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/nj-police-officer-sends-colleague-to-hospital

FULL TEXT

N.J. police officers fight in Bloomfield
Friday, 23 July 2010 14:33

Essex County Prosecutor's Office investigating brawl that sent public servant to hospital
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office is debating whether to conduct an investigation into a knock-down-drag-out brawl that occurred between two Bloomfield police officers Saturday afternoon, spokeswoman Katherine Carter said.

A Union official told The Star-Ledger that officers Officer Bruce Calkin, a 14-year veteran of the department and Officer Fabian Rojas, a 12-year veteran came to fisticuffs when Calkin was emptying a garbage can in the parking lot and allegedly hit Rojas' police cruiser.

The two officers began scraping and in the end, Calkin had to be transported to Mountainside Hospital in Glen Ridge. Rojas, an amateur mixed martial arts fighter, reportedly sustained no significant injuries as a result of the fight.

The rumble came on the heels of the department's police chief being demoted to captain. His demerit allegedly raised tensions within the department between supporters of the chief and those who did not. However, there is no indication that the fight had anything to do with Captain Mark Leonard's demotion, which is also being investigated by the internal affairs unit.
Councilwoman-at-large Patricia Spychala told The Star-Ledger she received an e-mail from the administrator concerning the altercation between Rojas and Calkin, but said she was told to keep it confidential until the prosecutor's office got involved.

Then, she said, she saw news of the fight had been leaked to a local newspaper. "There goes confidentiality out the window," said Spychala.

Mayor Raymond McCarthy denounced the incident, saying public employees must hold themselves to a higher standard.

"It cannot and will not be tolerated," McCarthy told Bloomfield Life. "Plain and simple. We all in public office need to be above reproach, and I don't appreciate (their conduct)."

Detective John Sierchio, state delegate for the Policemen's Benevolent Association Local No. 32, who is known for his open, vocal criticism of the department, said there is no leadership within the department.

"Right now, there's such a lack of discipline," said Sierchio. "It's a total free-for-all in Bloomfield. No one's afraid of the consequences of something like this happening."

Calkin is a member of the Policemen's Benevolent Association Local No. 32. Rojas is a member of a recently formed chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge No. 214.

Captain Leonard was notified by Frederick Carr, Bloomfield's township administrator on June 18 that he must cease using the title of chief. The state Civil Service Commission does not recognize Leonard as chief, Carr wrote in a memo, because the council's resolution to appoint him to the position in 2009 was procedurally incorrect and vetoed by the mayor.

Sierchio and Capt. Christopher Goul filed suit against the township last fall alleging that Goul should've been promoted to chief instead of Leonard because he earned higher marks on the Civil Service Commission test.

FOP Lodge 214 President Anthony Argento tempered his remarks, pending a review of all the facts surrounding the incident between Rojas and Calkin, NJ.com reported.

Oya, people, did any of you hear about this incident in America, including those of you who LIVE in America?

Nope!

Did you visit any website and see Americans tearing their hair out over the ''national disgrace'' the scuffle between two officers had brought upon their nation?

Nope!!

There was another big fight involving several policemen in India.

It's on youtube!

Did you hear about that one?

Nope!!

But because of the way we blow every single negative incident out of all rational proportion, today, HALF THE WORLD AND ITS DOG knows about the Nigeria police fight.

And people wonder why I say Nigerians are their own worst enemies.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by koolchicco: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2010
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2010
Oh shut it. Weep for yourself. 

And let me tell you one more thing lady. You never know the day YOU could get involved in a brawl at your workplace (assuming you have a job). It's not as if people go out to work with a plan to fight their colleagues. Shiit happens.

Even on senate and parliament floors across the world, brawls happen. We're human. Humans snap sometimes when stressed. So go weep for yourself, Little Miss perfect (ie until someone decides to deck you one day).
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by koolchicco: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
What's ur fuss with me or what I stand for?
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
What do you stand for? Perfection? Are you perfect yourself?
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by koolchicco: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
I'm in a good mood today hence I'll pretend I didn't see u/ur posts.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
Sorry, I didn't realise you were in a good mood, since you said you were weeping for Naija.

Are your tears dried now? 
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by IGBOboyy(m): 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
na peson papa be dat o,

Which one,The Yoruba guy?
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Mygoldie(f): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2010
ROSSIKE:

What do you stand for? Perfection? Are you perfect yourself?

i guess you are one of them nija police,hence your aggressive replies. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by lioncoolst(m): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2010
That confirms the callibre of people that you empower to protect U.
It is all for service and integrity. lol.
Never forget that the Police is ur best friend oo!!
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Undispu3rd(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2010
I don't blame them I blamed my great grand father, when he would have stayed to be caught & sold into slavery he ran into the jungle thinking he is smart, his smartness has forced my eyes to behold this woe, instead of being in yankee by now as an African American,

If I could turn back the hands of time, I will pay slave traders to buy my parents into slavery. LOL
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by IGBOboyy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2010
I don't blame them I blamed my great grand father, when he would have stayed to be caught & sold into slavery he ran into the jungle thinking he is smart, his smartness has forced my eyes to behold this woe, instead of being in yankee by now as an African American,

If I could turn back the hands of time, I will pay slave traders to buy my parents into slavery. LOL

You should thank you grandfather, Had your wish come through you most likely would be one of those African Americans wearing oversized T-shirts and sagged baggy jean who can't spell and speak properly. with about 5 baby mommas and getting fed off welfare.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by emymama(m): 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
YEa! If we  are to examine the cause of the fight will find out that it could be illiteracy. consider the rank (from constable to second inspector) are all moo-moos. (mmu on uniforms). if these pictures are to be uploaded to facebook, do you know  what name it could bring the entire country? POLICE, SHAMEEEEEEEEE! I wish I will have my way to deal with them! Lol
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Ade2K8(m): 12:05am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Which one,The Yoruba guy?

You guys do have a permanent inferiority complex, don't you? Always an "us against them" with way too many Ndigbo.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by beespak7(m): 1:42am On Nov 15, 2010
Buhahahahaha lwkmd nigerian police!! what a saga !!! grin grin grin

Lesson of the story never send 3 policemen to a check point always make them 4 its easier to share N20 naira btw them grin grin grin grin

Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by jamace(m): 3:46am On Nov 15, 2010
What uniform has joined together, let not EGUNJE put assunder! grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by softgirl1: 8:54am On Nov 15, 2010
na money dem dey share from the 50naira hey collect from okada and bus drivers one of dem take the lion share the other get angry and here they are exchanging blos shameless old papa younges grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by hbabe(f): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2010
This is so shameful.
I am sure is sharing formula causing all the kata kata.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2010
Mygoldie said:

i guess you are one of them nija police, hence your aggressive replies.

If you're unduly aggressive to Nigeria, don't be shocked when someone comes along and is equally aggressive to YOU.

I restate, just for the record: The two coppers' fisticuffs has NOTHING to do with ''Nigeria'', and everything to do with humans being humans, something I've shown by highlighting similar occurrences elsewhere which have gone unheralded since people in those climes seem to grasp this basic fact of life that's apparently beyond your ilk!!!
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by chuqudy(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2010
May be they are fighting because of zoning.
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by Ayowumie(m): 10:44am On Nov 15, 2010
A show of shame!
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by donobi(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2010
haba is this nigeria police?
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by mogentle(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2010
Bad sight!!!
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by mrwrite: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2010
LMAO. Did u guys notice the reaction of the hawker in the 4 th pic. Am sure an AK47 was pointing straight at him. At last, the Force is revealed for what it truly is : ANIMALISTIC
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by mrwrite: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2010
The second pix rather (jpg 4 )
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by donblacky(m): 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2010
9ja we hail thee, 9ja till i die.lol, 9ja no dey 2 at allllllllllllll
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by jibsyola(f): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2010
shameless people embarassed shocked
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by CArt(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
  shocked This boy selling peanut get liver no be small  grin grin grin grin
Yeah this is Nigeria, the Giant of Africa.  grin
Re: Pictures Of Policemen Fighting In Lagos by furacao(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2010
l love my country l no go lie.

Enough craze,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) / ‘30,000’ APC Members From Atiku's Senatorial District Join PDP / Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.