Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun (39122 Views)

Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos) / Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing / Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by qeemus: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
LyfeJennings:
I remember meeting a man in my former place of work.
That man. Tribal mark be like say na cutlass dem take write am. So I was opportune to go to this man's house. Very old house but this man sits on Billions as investment in a single account. Talking of 20 to 30 billion naira. Iooks are truly deceptive.
bro,glad you're back
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by MiniImportation: 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
djon78:

Word!!!!
People that show off most times are very empty. While those with real money don't show off.
Anybody that wants to go far in life should be low key
Noted sir
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by omoharry(f): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83580362:

We had not seen each other for about 30 years. The Lord has been kind to me. When I saw him again - this time at a hotel lobby - he was looking simple. He wore simple Ankara attire. I felt touched. He walked up to me and was glad to see me again. But deep within me I was not impressed with his status compared to mine and poor me, I couldn't hide it. We exchanged contact details and I could see the joy in him as he collected mine.

I told him I will drop him home in my brand new Range Rover and I pointed it to him. He declined and said he had already called for his car. It looked old, a 2001 Honda Accord.

I invited him the next day for lunch at my house. A part of me wanted to impress him - To show off my success and affluence to him, while another was to discuss opportunities and possibly help him.

He drove to Parkview where I lived. He looked impressed with my home. I had taken a heavy mortgage. In fact I was heavily in debt. We had lunch. He told me he was into small business and particularly real estate. I brought up more business discussions, but he didn't sound too interested. I asked him how I could help him. He said he was fine. I even told him if he was interested, I could help him secure some loans... He looked at me and smiled.

He told me he would invite me over soon to his place. His old car came for him. I was grateful to God for what I had. “Fingers are not all equal”, I thought to myself...I was lucky. I worked in a good place.

Two weeks later, we went to see him in Ikeja. My wife and I. She was reluctant to go because she was not impressed with the man's status as to warrant our visiting him in his house. I was able to convince her that we were close friends in college. We saw the Estate. *Wuraola Estate.* We asked for directions to his home. Those leading us spoke his name with deference.

It was a simple but lovely home. A 4 bedroom bungalow. I saw 4 cars parked in front. We entered his home. It was simply elegant with a touch of class inside. He welcomed us warmly.

Lunch was well served. His wife called him Baba Wuraola

During lunch, he asked about my MD. He said they were friends. I saw a company gift on one of his tables nearby. That company owned about 38% shares where I worked. I enquired from him about it. He smiled. He told me he owned the company. He also owned the estate.

I did not know when I called him sir... I was in awe of him too.

I had learnt a lesson in humility - A big one. Appearances are deceptive. He noticed my discomfort.

Driving back home, I was very quiet. My wife was humbled and extremely calm. I could perceive the thoughts in her mind. I looked at myself. Living on loans, heavy loans and showing off while someone who pays my salary is quite modest and living a simple life!
Indeed Deeper Rivers Flow In Majestic Silence!
You write well.Is this just a short story or a true life event? nice write-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by pcicero(m): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
lalasticlala:

Kindly drop the link to where he copied it from so I can add the link. Thanks

Take this from me, search for Ademola Henry Adigun on Facebook. He wrote this piece.
Many people have plagiarized it.

Someone here has also alluded it to another character. That is another charlatan.

It is dishonest. It is theft of intellectual property.

5 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by pcicero(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
I have dragged many people on Facebook because of this piece because I know when the original writer posted and even did a follow up on it.

Many bloggers who were initially arrogant when the error was pointed out quickly retracted when threatened with lawsuits.

It costs nothing to be truthful.

3 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
blessedvisky:
I first read this story in 2017 as a WhatsApp BC forwarded to me by my Parents undecided
I read it also on whatsApp 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Acme77: 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
bukatyne:
People buying things they do not need to impress people they do not like.

Please, permit me to add... with money they don't have.
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Arizonaguy(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
toye440:

How do u enjoy profiting from another mans work, anyway its not surprising to me, cos it all started from school. Guys like poster if at all they ever sat in d 4 walls of a classroom eventually submitted another's project.
This is an outrageous accusation
i'm only issuing an advice to the OP to maybe sell this off as a script
Could cash in a little...This doesn't warrant an attack from you
What the hell is wrong with you

1 Like

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by toye440: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
Arizonaguy:

This is an outrageous accusation
i'm only issuing an advice to the OP to maybe sell this off as a script
Could cash in a little...This doesn't warrant an attack from you
What the hell is wrong with you
U started well but " what the hell is wrong with u"? Boy I hate thieves as much as I hate sycophants who encourage nonsense. Now before u pipsqueak mention me like ever, pls go get some training cos u obviously lack one. Dingbat.
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Arizonaguy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
toye440:

U started well but " what the hell is wrong with u"? Boy I hate thieves as much as I hate sycophants who encourage nonsense. Now before u pipsqueak mention me like ever, pls go get some training cos u obviously lack one. Dingbat.
i don't know you neither you i
who needs training here is glaring...you attacked my mention and you took it way personal, it's obvious you are the psychopath here
Run along mister
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by GoodFaith: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
One dude I use to talk say my two youngest brother don't know me
IN Nigeria I enter Bus
I take old clothes to Nigeria, some I have used why supporting ppl doing stuff for me
People I work with know some stuff about me, They say I have a high end car or SUV at home.
I am not ready for high car for now
Back at my base I wear high end cloths
Keep it on the down low
some dude that do stuff for me
Once said they work for this dude that keep talking about money
They said we know this person have four more than the dude that was talking
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by GoodFaith: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
People sometime spend money in different way
A coworker once told he don't spend money because he don't have big house or high end cloths
I said when are u going on your next trip/ he said in a month
We all have things we spend money on hobby
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by toye440: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
Arizonaguy:
i don't know you neither you i
who needs training here is glaring...you attacked my mention and you took it way personal, it's obvious you are the psychopath here
Run along mister
I can't imagine myself indulge or gratify a schnook no schmuck, with tantrums. Buzz off u self-servicer, academic thief .
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Acme77:

Please, permit me to add... with money they don't have.

Gbam!
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by bukatyne(f): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, and tins can not b more logical Dan Disgrin

Thanks
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Mightyhaiz: 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Unghost:
who this story epp?? angry
the price of rice is still 20k
20 ke...? 31k for dis side
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by ZinoFasisi: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
GoodFaith:
One dude I use to talk say my two youngest brother don't know me
IN Nigeria I enter Bus
I take old clothes to Nigeria, some I have used why supporting ppl doing stuff for me
People I work with know some stuff about me, They say I have a high end car or SUV at home.
I am not ready for high car for now
Back at my base I wear high end cloths
Keep it on the down low
some dude that do stuff for me
Once said they work for this dude that keep talking about money
They said we know this person have four more than the dude that was talking

What is this 1 saying
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by wwwihy: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2019
post=83580362:

We had not seen each other for about 30 years. The Lord has been kind to me. When I saw him again - this time at a hotel lobby - he was looking simple. He wore simple Ankara attire. I felt touched. He walked up to me and was glad to see me again. But deep within me I was not impressed with his status compared to mine and poor me, I couldn't hide it. We exchanged contact details and I could see the joy in him as he collected mine.

I told him I will drop him home in my brand new Range Rover and I pointed it to him. He declined and said he had already called for his car. It looked old, a 2001 Honda Accord.

I invited him the next day for lunch at my house. A part of me wanted to impress him - To show off my success and affluence to him, while another was to discuss opportunities and possibly help him.

He drove to Parkview where I lived. He looked impressed with my home. I had taken a heavy mortgage. In fact I was heavily in debt. We had lunch. He told me he was into small business and particularly real estate. I brought up more business discussions, but he didn't sound too interested. I asked him how I could help him. He said he was fine. I even told him if he was interested, I could help him secure some loans... He looked at me and smiled.

He told me he would invite me over soon to his place. His old car came for him. I was grateful to God for what I had. “Fingers are not all equal”, I thought to myself...I was lucky. I worked in a good place.

Two weeks later, we went to see him in Ikeja. My wife and I. She was reluctant to go because she was not impressed with the man's status as to warrant our visiting him in his house. I was able to convince her that we were close friends in college. We saw the Estate. *Wuraola Estate.* We asked for directions to his home. Those leading us spoke his name with deference.

It was a simple but lovely home. A 4 bedroom bungalow. I saw 4 cars parked in front. We entered his home. It was simply elegant with a touch of class inside. He welcomed us warmly.

Lunch was well served. His wife called him Baba Wuraola

During lunch, he asked about my MD. He said they were friends. I saw a company gift on one of his tables nearby. That company owned about 38% shares where I worked. I enquired from him about it. He smiled. He told me he owned the company. He also owned the estate.

I did not know when I called him sir... I was in awe of him too.

I had learnt a lesson in humility - A big one. Appearances are deceptive. He noticed my discomfort.

Driving back home, I was very quiet. My wife was humbled and extremely calm. I could perceive the thoughts in her mind. I looked at myself. Living on loans, heavy loans and showing off while someone who pays my salary is quite modest and living a simple life!
Indeed Deeper Rivers Flow In Majestic Silence!

By Ademola Henry Adigun
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by winner37(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
That's life ,it can never stop surprising us ..
Learn from this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? / My Sister Married An Efulefu. What Should She Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.