Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo (11058 Views)

Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Dede1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2010
What of the venerable Chief SL Akintola?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Otunba7: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2010
There is a Ladoke Akintola University of Technology in Ogbomosho,
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by matazzmagi(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2010
winkawolowo was a devil,his policies led to presents problems the people of the niger deltans are fighting till today goodluck jonathan cant change his stinking bad image he left behind like hitler!!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by deols(f): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
Nigeria is so unlucky with this GEj ooooo. Liberty stadium is in a state u shldnt even try writing home about, and he names it after Awolowo. . .and for what?

He doesnt seem to have intellectuals around him, but i get the point.

Does he think many Yoruba people think Awolowo these days? or is he not just o.k with the multitude of votes Akala can get him courtesy of his danfo driving brothers?. . .

Am sooooooooooo embarassed.

This guy is surely not getting my vote!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by aljharem(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2010
matazzmagi:

winkawolowo was a devil,his policies led to presents problems the people of the niger deltans are fighting till today goodluck jonathan cant change his stinking bad image he left behind like hitler!!

u are a devil ur father and families are devils

bloody ingrates angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by jason12345: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
matazzmagi:

you and your father are the devil! didn't igbos and ijaws benefit from his educational and health policies. my parents who are itsekiris benefited from his policies. they even told me that igbos and other groups in nigeria were in lagos to benefit from his policies.  be appreciative!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by aljharem(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
deols:

Nigeria is so unlucky with this GEj ooooo. Liberty stadium is in a state u shldnt even try writing home about, and he names it after Awolowo. . .and for what?

He doesnt seem to have intellectuals around him, but i get the point.

Does he think many Yoruba people think Awolowo these days? or is he not just o.k with the multitude of votes Akala can get him courtesy of his danfo driving brothers?. . .

Am sooooooooooo embarassed.

This guy is surely not getting my vote!

gbam
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
That liberty stadium is one of the worst in Nigeria. So i don't think Awolowo deserves such poo hole. Unfortunately Awolowo is not the kind of person you can name a gigantic edifice after if this edific is not in the south-west. That's what makes people like Azikiwe, herbert Macauley different. They were more national leaders than Awolowo was. Maybe they should have named the Teslim balogun stadium after him.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2010
By the way why was that stadium in Abeokuta named after Moshood Abiola. What exactly has he done for the south-west. Is it because he won an election that was nullified?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by deols(f): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2010
afam4eva:

That liberty stadium is one of the worst in Nigeria. So i don't think Awolowo deserves such poo hole. Unfortunately Awolowo is not the kind of person you can name a gigantic edifice after if this edific is not in the south-west. That's what makes people like Azikiwe, herbert Macauley different. They were more national leaders than Awolowo was. Maybe they should have named the Teslim balogun stadium after him.

He could just av provided that edifice or cld av askd his backside, Akala to do that and then come forward to open it in Awo's name and that would av made so much sense and gotten him the genuine support he craves from the people
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ymodulus:

rubbish. all this yoruba's sycophants again
Oya go and jump inside the lagoon !
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by deols(f): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
afam4eva:

By the way why was that stadium in Abeokuta named after Moshood Abiola. What exactly has he done for the south-west. Is it because he won an election that was nullified?

Abiola was a philanthropist. He gave people hope and that is something on its own. You can also add that he gave Nigeria a good representation in d international community-he was international man of the year twice
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2010
afam4eva:

How are they nationalistic than Awo ?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2010
deols:

Abiola was a philanthropist. He gave people hope and that is something on its own. You can also add that he gave Nigeria a good representation in d international community-he was international man of the year twice

Is he the only philantropist in Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2010
afam4eva:

during his time,there was no one like him !
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by deols(f): 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2010
afam4eva:

That he was a philanthropist is just among other things.And BTW, that is my own opinion as to why he would deserve such an honor.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by deols(f): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

u're right!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Dede1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Of course, he was front and center as a local tribal bigot. By the way, Awo was my favorite political operative of his era.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
HBP over awolowo. You've gotta loff it.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
Dede1:

Of course, he was front and center as a local tribal bigot. By the way, Awo was my favorite political operative of his era.
I like this part !
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=gtJkxfDAyxBiCneynLJ0Wi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRpbSM50i3dUbrjgd5zswXcnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Okurin yii ti fine ju sha. ah ahn!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by EzeUche0(m): 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2010
Shrewd Awolowo. . . We can hate the man all we want, but we cannot deny that he was a brilliant strategist/politician.

If only Nnamdi Azikiwe realized the truth about Nigeria. *smh*
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IYANGBALI: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2010
one day wen i bcome the president i would name nigeria after awolowo,i would call it FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AWOLOWO,anybody wey no like am fit leave the country or go jump inside fire,up AWOOOOOOOOOOOO tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by EzeUche0(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2010
IYA NGBALI:

one day wen i bcome the president i would name nigeria after awolowo,i would call it FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AWOLOWO,anybody wey no like am fit leave the country or go jump inside fire,up AWOOOOOOOOOOOO tongue tongue tongue tongue

You want war? shocked

Say this is a joke.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IYANGBALI: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

You want war? shocked

Say this is a joke.
befor nko?are we not at war?abi all dis nonsense wey dey happen for naija no be war?abeg roll out the weapons make the war start now now grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=gtJkxfDAyxBiCneynLJ0Wi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRpbSM50i3dUbrjgd5zswXcnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Oko oloko ni koma wo,abi o fe jeki iyawo e da omi gbona le e lori ni ?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Oko oloko ni koma wo,abi o fe jeki iyawo e da omi gbona le e lori ni ?

Ah ahn, kilo wa fa gbogbo iyen nau? eebu yen ti poju.
Se ti n ba ri nkan to fine, se mii gbudo soro ni?
Mo kan rope o fine ninu aso Yoruba ni lol.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ko lo do lo ku! Ashawo toro kobo. Ati kekere lo ti n ba won lo.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ah ahn, kilo wa fa gbogbo iyen nau? eebu yen ti poju.
Se ti n ba ri nkan to fine, se mii gbudo soro ni?
Mo kan rope o fine ninu aso Yoruba ni lol.
O n wa eebu abi ? Eleyi gangan lon pe ni eebu.oloju mi olo
fstranger:

Ko lo do lo ku! Ashawo toro kobo. Ati kekere lo ti n ba won lo.
isonu leleyi o
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

O n wa eebu abi ? Eleyi gangan lon pe ni eebu. oloju mi olo
wo, awe, lo tun Yoruba e ko, jor.
Ko tie ye mi lol
abi you meant to say that my eyes are sexy? Thank you oh
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

O n wa eebu abi ? Eleyi gangan lon pe ni eebu.oloju mi oloisonu leleyi o

omo kekere are, baba agbalagba lo n fe ju mo. oru e lo je pe , to ba n ko ja lo, and anybody sufe, the next thing you will hear is. Boda se mi len pe. won le fi ordinary pic gbe lo bo se wa yen!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

Shrewd Awolowo. . . We can hate the man all we want, but we cannot deny that he was a brilliant strategist/politician. If only Nnamdi Azikiwe realized the truth about Nigeria. *smh*

i concur! now you are talking like a sensible biafran!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Kills One, Arrests Two For Disrupting Elections In Ondo / Fresh Borno Village Attack. Vanguard Breaking News.. / Biafra Is Like an HIV Infested Woman: I Withdraw My Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.