Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo (11065 Views)

Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2010
@Igbo boy

Igbo kwenu?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by jason12345: 12:26am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Your construction of sentences actually improved, WOW! I guess like one of those motivational movies it takes getting you really pissed off to get the best out of you. Its good to know that AWO did not completely fail in his every plan, at least he got the Coca Cola thing. And even though you aren't quite learned, I wouldn't particularly refer to you as an illiterate although the majority of your people are mechanics, conductors and omo alata, even after AWO provided free education, no i did not stress that enough FREE EDUCATION! Yet we have sooooooo many elerons,Agberos to add to the other professions i mentioned above, and yes i said professions because they are professionals at all those crappy jobs.

you have some serious issues!!! and the funny thing is that your people in lagos benefited from his free education policies.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 12:30am On Nov 15, 2010
fstranger:

@Igbo boy

Igbo kwenu?

IYAH!

Doesnt matter which Igbo boy you are referring to, LOL
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 12:32am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

you have some serious issues!!! and the funny thing is that your people in lagos benefited from his free education policies.

His people in lagos benefited from the taxes that they paid not "his" "free education".
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 12:35am On Nov 15, 2010

This actually confirms my claims that you my good friend, yes i can call you my friend because unlike the Yorubas the itsekiris are clean and neat to an extent. Anyways I was saying this confirms my claims that you are demented! My people in Lagos you say? the same ones that he duped? His intentions for us where quite clear. Although unfortunately for him, he did it to the most resourceful individuals on the surface of the earth!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Ade2K8(m): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2010
chyz:

His people in lagos benefited from the taxes that they paid not "his" "free education".

Yes, how many of those who stayed in Aba or Onitsha benefited from the taxes they paid over there? That's why Ndigbo keep pouring into the west - because Yorubas are such horrible, horrible people. If we were people such as you guys, you'd certainly be less inclined to move west? No?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2010
chyz:

Igbo people leech off Yoruba. The fact is that Biafran nation, or whatever stupid name you call it is NOT self sustainable. You guys still need Ibadan and Lagos for you to be successful. Where will you all be today without the care and altruism of so many a Yoruba professor who labour night and day to develop your intellectual man-power

And the resourcefulness of your illiterates would not have gotten you far without the buying power of the Yoruba people. The point here is that you need us more than we need you. And you all know that.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by guddiguddi: 12:46am On Nov 15, 2010
this is a good development . we yorubas appreciate it 100%
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by jason12345: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2010
ever since i joined NL i have always wondered,

if the igbos say yorubas are horrible, dirty and are illiterates, why are they in the SW if they cannot stand yorubas??

1) why don't they go to the north were they would be killed in masses or remain in the EAST since they are well educated, clean and good people.

2) why don't they start any wahala in lagos and see what would happen since the yorubas are cowards?

3) is this the way the igbos in lagos think about the yorubas after the yorubas see them as brothers?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 12:55am On Nov 15, 2010
Ade2K8:

Yes, how many of those who stayed in Aba or Onitsha benefited from the taxes they paid over there? That's why Ndigbo keep pouring into the west - because Yorubas are such horrible, horrible people. If we were people such as you guys, you'd certainly be less inclined to move west? No?

We are everywhere woman so that cuts away of ur "pouring" into the west theory unless you say we are "pouring" into every part in nigeria. wink, BTW, Igbos also "pour" into other Igbo states that they are not indigenous to. So ur point exactly is, ? grin, And you should be ashamed that you can call ur own yoruba people such "horrible, horrible people" sad.  

To address the comment of, "If we were people such as you guys, you'd certainly be less inclined to move west? No?", first there are thousands of yorubas in igboland and they love it and never been attack by ethnic bigot groups like the OPC has done the Igbo in lagos. So ummm, lets not talk about hospitality. wink
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Ade2K8(m): 12:55am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

This actually confirms my claims that you my good friend, yes i can call you my friend because unlike the Yorubas the itsekiris are clean and neat to an extent. Anyways I was saying this confirms my claims that you are demented! My people in Lagos you say? the same ones that he duped? His intentions for us where quite clear. Although unfortunately for him, he did it to the most resourceful individuals on the surface of the earth!

Hey - Lord Einstein - Awolowo was brilliant enough to devise a plan that put a quick end to the war, rather than perpetuate the starvation of innocents, particularly children. The simple truth is that if that dunce, Odimegwu,  were his intellectual equal, you'd have Biafra today. For the record, any Ibo country will be in a worse position that present day Nigeria and will almost certainly disintergrate. Why? Because you guys all egomaniacs, insensitive to the poor or downtrodden and everyone wants to be boss (and a thoughtless one at that)
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 12:56am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

if the igbos say yorubas are horrible, dirty and are illiterates, why are they in the SW if they cannot stand yorubas??

1) why don't they go to the north were they would be killed in masses or remain in the EAST since they are well educated, clean and good people.

2) why don't they start any wahala in lagos and see what would happen since the yorubas are cowards?

3) is this the way the igbos in lagos think about the yorubas after the yorubas see them as brothers?

Boy you're always talking about war,war,war. You are not yoruba, you are Itsekiri. wink
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 1:01am On Nov 15, 2010
Boy you're always talking about war,war,war. You are not yoruba, you are Itsekiri

Please be reminded! And BTW why do you hate being an itsekiri so much?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 1:03am On Nov 15, 2010
fstranger:

Igbo people leech off Yoruba. The fact is that Biafran nation, or whatever silly name you call it is NOT self sustainable. You guys still need Ibadan and Lagos for you to be successful. Where will you all be today without the care and altruism of so many a Yoruba professor who labour night and day to develop your intellectual man-power

And the resourcefulness of your illiterates would not have gotten you far without the buying power of the Yoruba people. The point here is that you need us more than we need you. And you all know that.

Sorry woman you dropped the bomb on yourself when you said, "you need us more than we need you".LOL. I think we made it crystal clear that we don't need your asses, Hint: Civil War.  Even today we prefer to go our own way. Also what do you mean "buying power of the yoruba"? That definitely needs clarity because the only ones buying from the others is your people coming into our businesses and buying what we GIVE you.So if you call that buying power in that sense then I allow you to keep that title. wink
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Ade2K8(m): 1:07am On Nov 15, 2010
chyz:

We are everywhere woman so that cuts away of your "pouring" into the west theory unless you say we are "pouring" into every part in nigeria. wink, BTW, Igbos also "pour" into other Igbo states that they are not indigenous to. So your point exactly is, ? grin, And you should be ashamed that you can call your own yoruba people such "horrible, horrible people" sad.  

To address the comment of, "If we were people such as you guys, you'd certainly be less inclined to move west? No?", first there are thousands of yorubas in igboland and they love it and never been attack by ethnic bigot groups like the OPC has done the Igbo in lagos. So ummm, lets not talk about hospitality. wink

Thousands of Yorubas in Igbo land = millions of Ndibo in the west.
Calling Yoruba people horrible people = sarcasm (do consult a dictionary or a thesaurus)
If Yorubas are ethnic bigots (laughable) = why do you have ONLY thousands of Yorubas in the east. Part of the reason is the parochial & narrowminded world view of you guys. Do you have any idea how many Ndigbo families were assisted by Yoruba families after the war? Did Ndigbo move North after the war? - Yes or No? Was it logical for your people to move North en masses after the war? Please answer me. But no - Yorubas are this, Yorubas are that? AH - go to hell!!!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by jason12345: 1:09am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Please be reminded! And BTW why do you hate being an itsekiri so much?

be reminded about what? and i don't hate being itsekiri! i am proud i came from itsekiri parents.

and pls answer my questions.

jason12345:

Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by asha80(m): 1:09am On Nov 15, 2010
Ade2K8:

Calling Yoruba people horrible people = sarcasm (do consult a dictionary or a thesaurus)
If Yorubas are ethnic bigots (laughable) = why do you have ONLY thousands of Yorubas in the east. Part of the reason is the parochial & narrowminded world view of you guys. Do you have any idea how many Ndigbo families were assisted by Yoruba families after the war? Did Ndigbo move North after the war? - Yes or No? Was it logical for your people to move North en masses after the war? Please answer me. But no - Yorubas are bastards? AH - go to hell!!!

so you do not know there are large igbo population in the north?are you ignorant?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by asha80(m): 1:13am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

have been to the north to say that igbos do not go there?do you know the population of igbos there?

do you know that the east is getting overpopulated?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Ade2K8(m): 1:15am On Nov 15, 2010
asha 80:

so you do not know there are large igbo population in the north?are you ignorant?

Immediately after the war - did your people move right back North or not?!!! Or did you move west where you were assisted and shown compassion by Yoruba families? Do you have the spine or decency to answer that simple question?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by asha80(m): 1:17am On Nov 15, 2010
Ade2K8:

Immediately after the war - did your people move right back North or not?!!! Or did you move west where you were assisted and shown compassion by Yoruba families? Do you have the spine or decency to answer that simple question?

so you do not know that they did?are you ignorant?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 1:18am On Nov 15, 2010
Hey - Lord Einstein - Awolowo was brilliant enough to devise a plan that put a quick end to the war, rather than perpetuate the starvation of innocents, particularly children. The simple truth is that if that dunce, Odimegwu,  were his intellectual equal, you'd have Biafra today. For the record, any Ibo country will be in a worse position that present day Nigeria and will almost certainly disintergrate. Why? Because you guys all egomaniacs, insensitive to the poor or downtrodden and everyone wants to be boss (and a thoughtless one at that)

I am not one who goes into pointless arguments and make baseless claims. So i would say yes in some part of your statement you where correct and i have emboldened them. however in some parts you where absolutely off target. i would say some lights years off away, Yes you where that much off target and i would point out where you got it wrong! If we had an "all IGBO"  country of our own we would have been by far better off than Nigeria the reasons below are self explanatory.

1, We are very resourceful, so politics wouldn't be a source of lively hood for everyone

2, It is quite often speculated especially by your people that we are unruly, but the reverse is actually the case. I have never heard of A traditional ruler in the east getting beat up by his subjects, but of recent the Deji of Akure was "Manhandled" for an issue that could have been resolved in other possible ways.

3, Thirdly and finally there are quite a number of Natural resources we have and with the small geographical land mass it would be quite easy to disburse and implement the budget and the National revenue
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by jason12345: 1:20am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

I am not one who goes into pointless arguments and make baseless claims. So i would say yes in some part of your statement you where correct and i have emboldened them. however in some parts you where absolutely off target. i would say some lights years off away, Yes you where that much off target and i would point out where you got it wrong! If we had an "all IGBO"  country of our own we would have been by far better off than Nigeria the reasons below are self explanatory.

1, We are very resourceful, so politics wouldn't be a source of lively hood for everyone

2, It is quite often speculated especially by your people that we are unruly, but the reverse is actually the case. I have never heard of A traditional ruler in the east getting beat up by his subjects, but of recent the Deji of Akure was "Manhandled" for an issue that could have been resolved in other possible ways.

3, Thirdly and finally there are quite a number of Natural resources we have and with the small geographical land mass it would be quite easy to disburse and implement the budget and the National revenue

oh boy, answer my questions jare!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 1:21am On Nov 15, 2010
Ade2K8:

If Yorubas are ethnic bigots (laughable) = why do you have ONLY thousands of Yorubas in the east. Part of the reason is the parochial & narrowminded world view of you guys. Do you have any idea how many Ndigbo families were assisted by Yoruba families after the war? Did Ndigbo move North after the war? - Yes or No? Was it logical for your people to move North en masses after the war? Please answer me. But no - Yorubas are this, Yorubas are that? AH - go to hell!!!

I called OPC ethnic bigots. Wow baba awolowos education must have really been great indeed. grin. No wonder you people are behind we Igbos in literacy. Hey don't blame us because we're more venturous they you all are.lol.

And about this comment," Do you have any idea how many Ndigbo families were assisted by Yoruba families after the war?", did you know how many yoruba people were protected during the revenge attacks that went on in the East against non-Igbos before the war actually took off?hmmm. i guess u never knew that. I thank your people for the assistance. But for you to make a statement suggesting that we Igbos treat your people unhospitably in our land is going over board. Like I said before i have no hate for the yoruba people, my hate is solely reserved to awolowo.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 1:23am On Nov 15, 2010

You say we where shown compassion, Hmm, I say we where exploited, The house rents where inflated and you call that compassion? I wouldn't say its wickedness but its definitely not compassion!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2010
be reminded about what? and i don't hate being itsekiri! i am proud i came from itsekiri parents.

and pls answer my questions.

That you are Itsekiri! As for your questions?

Well lets just say they aren't worth answering! lets leave it at that. Or we could say, we Igbos no, IGBOs would have come to the Itsekiri land but all you guys have is water and OGOGORO so it would make no sense.
Get it?

And no we bare no grudge against the Yorubas. It is them who are prejudiced against us. NL is a good proof of that! Any post that has to do with IGBOs suddenly gets unimaginable publicity in a few minutes, You can try it if you doubt me. And please look up the meaning of prejudiced to know where i am coming from.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Ade2K8(m): 1:39am On Nov 15, 2010
IGBOboyy:

You say we where shown compassion, Hmm, I say we where exploited, The house rents where inflated and you call that compassion? I wouldn't say its wickedness but its definitely not compassion!

IGBOboyy:

I'm sure there were opportunists - but to believe that was the general attitude of all Yoruba people is just laughable. I know families who fed and housed Ndigbo (beleive it or not). You people have no hate for Yoruba people What do you call your constant raving at us? If Yoruba people were all poor and hungry and illiterate, then I'm sure you'd have no problem with us, because that's what the ego of the average Igbo man craves.

Politics is not a source of income for all Yourba people - neither is kidnapping

A monarch who disrespects himself deserves no respect, beating up a woman as if she were a man. If anything, this should give you comfort because if implies a desire for equity that the tribe pursues (notice Awo's free education programs for ALL)

Disbursing and implementing the budget is not the problem - the problem is a lack of proper, decent behavior, particularly the avoidance of theft of public funds. Can a Biafra avoid this? I doubt it.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by DapoBear(m): 1:42am On Nov 15, 2010
This "oh, well it happened in Nigeria and this should concern everyone" excuse doesn't fly. Texas for example has no state income tax. I cannot be living here in California and bitching at them for this, they have the right to whatever they like within their state.

Same thing applies here, if we are truly the [size=20pt]Federal[/size] Republic of Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 1:55am On Nov 15, 2010
I'm sure there were opportunists - but to beleive that was the general attitude or all Yoruba people is just laughable. I know families who fed and housed Ndigbo (beleive it or not). You people have no hate for Yoruba people What do you call your costant raving at us? If Yoruba people were all poor and hungry and illiterate, then I'm sure you'd have no problem with us, because that's what the ego of the average Igbo man craves.

Politics is not a source of income for all Yourba people - neither is kidnapping

A monarch who disrespects himself deserves no respect, beating up a woman as if she were a man. If anything, this should give you comfort because if implies a desire for equity that the tribe pursues (notice Awo's free education programs for ALL)

Disbursing and implementing the budget is not the problem - it's proper, decent behavior, particularly the avoidance of theft of public funds. Can a Biafra avoid this? I doubt it.

Quite Laudable points you made there. Its would be very unjust of me to say there are no kind,God fearing, Well mannered and compassionate Yoruba, actually my best friend is a Yoruba guy,thats out of the point anyway. The actual bone of contention here is why do we get on each other necks so often especially on NL and like i pointed out in the other post, Its because your people always see nothing wrong in pointing accusing fingers and directing insulting and very vulgar words at my people, all i can say i don't think its going to stop, as both of us are but just little players in this
huge war of words as for the quote below, Well read on

Disbursing and implementing the budget is not the problem - it's proper, decent behavior, particularly the avoidance of theft of public funds. Can a Biafra avoid this? I doubt it

Well that's your thought and I respect it, but I am however of a different Opinion. and don't get me wrong i am not pro Biafra, I am pro IGBO.

I see where you are going with this one, Just so you dont forget back in the late 80's early 90's "gbomor gbomor" was heavy in the southwest right or wrong?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by igboboy1(m): 7:43am On Nov 15, 2010
Ade na ur papa own Lagos?, Some kain things can pepper the flesh such as the presence of Igbos In lagos, Nna all you can do is complain all day, sharpen your teeth for internet as a cyber warrior but at the end of the day you go go sleep wake up and Igbo man go still dey Lagos,

Geez the way people talk as if Lagos or onitsha or kano are their own countries, Last time I check they are all in Nigeria so deal with it PUNK
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by igboboy1(m): 7:49am On Nov 15, 2010
fstranger:

@Igbo boy

Igbo kwenu?

Nna kwezuonu , Kilode?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2010
igbo boy:

Nna kwezuonu , Kilode?

I was just trying to mock you and your STU.PID language.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by IGBOboyy(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2010
I was just trying to mock you and your STU.PID language.

Ummm that wasn't mockery, You actually spelt it right. A sizable amount of you Yorubas tend to neglect your brains while typing, obviously fantasizing about Big Booty, Amala or taking a sh!t. I am probably wrong but those are the 3 things that comes to mind when i think about yall!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biafra Is Like an HIV Infested Woman: I Withdraw My Support / Boko Haram Lures Youths With Interest-free Loans / Ali Modu-Sherrif Forceful Entry Into Party Secretariat Is Illegal - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.