Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo (11063 Views)

Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:11am On Nov 16, 2010
We don't have to help you with jack sheet. We did that before but y'all incompetent and weak leaders were too dumb and clueless to get a clue.

It's just a damn shame you ignorant trolls don't know your history.
I know you've read many new stories by Ibo leaders who were on the ground back then coming out to tell the real truth about the war, they are basically highlighting the positive role Awolowo played before nd after the war aand p;acing the blame on Ojukwu and Zik.

Instead of spending your time on NL hating like deranged souls, pick up a book and read up on your sorry a/ss history.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:13am On Nov 16, 2010
Zik, an expert escape artist, began his catalytic operation of being there from the beginning all along and disappearing at end.

www.nigerdeltacongress.com/narticles/nigeria">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:boyfLWVwp50J:www.nigerdeltacongress.com/narticles/nigeria%2520on.htm+zik+betrayed&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:15am On Nov 16, 2010
To state the fact, Igbos being killed in the north and Sharia is interwoven. In 1948, Abubakar Tafewa Balewa attended Nigeria Executive Council meeting for the first time northern Nigeria was represented, he (Abubakar) had this message from Ahmadu Bello, “ I come to warn southern Nigeria who behave as though they want to dominate Nigeria’s politics, especially the Igbos, who pour into the north as invaders and not as visitors. If the Igbos continue to pour into the north as invaders, we (north) shall be compelled to dip the Quran into the sea”. The Igbos have forgotten this statement, and the Hausas have not. Igbos are too complaisant, even Ojukwu came back from exile and joined the very enemies he fought against. A case of standing for nothing and fall for anything and everything. The Igbos should learn to questions their leaders in place of donkey-like follower-ship.

www.nigerdeltacongress.com/narticles/nigeria">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:boyfLWVwp50J:www.nigerdeltacongress.com/narticles/nigeria%2520on.htm+zik+betrayed&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:19am On Nov 16, 2010
Talking about bravery, lmao

Is it bravery when an arrogant non-tactical soldier declares a separate sovereignty and consequently declaring war against the Republic of Nigeria? What bravery is it, when the Editor of defunct Nigerian Pilot ran away from the country while other who worked under him served prison terms, for what the editor published? Who is brave, when AG negotiated with NCNC for forty-eight hours about forming a coalition and when Ahmadu Bello announced that he would break the southern alliance by force, Azikiwe switched for NCNC/NPC to get into coalition in about two hours? How brave are the Igbos when two of their boys that took part in the very first coup de tat failed to carry out the plan at Lagos and Enugu while a Yoruba man carried out his duties in Ibadan.

Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2010
babapupa:

We don't have to help you with jack sheet. We did that before but y'all incompetent and weak leaders were too dumb and clueless to get a clue.

It's just a damn shame you ignorant trolls don't know your history.
I know you've read many new stories by Ibo leaders who were on the ground back then coming out to tell the real truth about the war, they are basically highlighting the positive role Awolowo played before nd after the war aand p;acing the blame on Ojukwu and Zik.

Instead of spending your time on NL hating like deranged souls, pick up a book and read up on your sorry a/ss history.

First off, i never said we needed you "people"'s help. why ask for your help when yall can't even help yourselves?. wink,  Second, numero two-no, we igbos prove time and time we know our history our lands history, the history of igbo clans that are not even our own so, um don't confuse us with your people ok omo? Don't get mad at us because your people couldn't fight for what they wanted( odudwa republic) blame ur fore fathers not mine. cheesy

So skidadle you agbero. BTW what does that mean in yoruba,because i've heard alot of Igbos referring to your people by that name. grin
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by DapoBear(m): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2010
Saddest thing about this whole Nigeria mess is so much misunderstanding. I don't think SW and SE are that different people. And it is clear that we share a lot of mutual interest. But I guess people are not willing to let go of the past to move their people forward.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:23am On Nov 16, 2010
Yet, some individuals want us to agree that foolhardiness constitutes brevity.  No way, Hosea.  On the other hand can you readily mention any other group of Nigerians who speak out against injustice and mal-governing as the Yorubas, in the likes of Fela Kuti, Pa Awolowo, Chief Ajasin and a host of others with no disrespect for the contributions of others like Anthony Enahoro.  Some of us are well informed, let us put a hold on misinformation to the youths and the public in general.

Amen,
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:25am On Nov 16, 2010
chyz:

First off, i never said we needed you "people"'s help. why ask for your help when yall can't even help yourselves?. wink, Second, numero two-no, we igbos prove time and time we know our history our lands history, the history of igbo clans that are not even our own so, um don't confuse us with your people ok omo? Don't get mad at us because your people couldn't fight for what they wanted( odudwa republic) blame us fore fathers not mine. cheesy

So skidadle you agbero. BTW what does that mean in yoruba,because i've heard alot of Igbos referring to your people by that name. grin

I was expecting some intelligent com back, not the same delusional rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by chyz(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2010
babapupa:

I was expecting some intelligent com back, not the same delusional rubbish.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY8WLTBdKVBf2pVtUyRYBDHFX_HM3sUiK6V6yF7V2Bk2gZleIkRg[/img]
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by babapupa: 6:37am On Nov 16, 2010
What else is new? Born coward? Thanks for proving me right?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by 1025: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2010
my worries is what we will use to remember jonathan as a president. is he going to be remembered for renaming hostels and kitchens to other heros names. this man he is worshiping here prayed to be the president of nigeria just for a day but here we are with a presidents for over six months with just nothing to show for it.
the awo we are talking about made history out of nothing while those who have all it takes to make history have refused to do so.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Seaen(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2010
He should av named it after the Grandmaster himself. Baba Iyabo Original. What lack of impadusity.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Pafuri(m): 3:43am On Nov 17, 2010
Ah, Awolowo!. Even 23 years after his passing, he continues to divide the nation. And there, ladies and gentlemen, lied his greatness.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by aljharem(m): 4:29am On Nov 17, 2010
Pafuri:

Ah, Awolowo!. Even 23 years after his passing, he continues to divide the nation. And there, ladies and gentlemen, lied his greatness.

how are they lying about his greatness

awolowo any day any time is a great man

take it or leave it
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 17, 2010
alj harem:

how are they lying about his greatness

awolowo any day any time is a great man

take it or leave it

Oh my oh my! He said "and there, ladies and gentleman, lied his greatness", not "ladies and gentleman lied about his greatness". "comma" is a very powerful tool.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by DapoBear(m): 5:44am On Nov 17, 2010
lol @ Pafuri. First Yoruba Awolowo hater I've seen or heard of before in my life. Ah well, its all good, people have different perspectives on things.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oh my oh my! He said "and there, ladies and gentleman, lied his greatness", not "ladies and gentleman lied about his greatness". "comma" is a very powerful tool.

That Almajiri is a nut case. I am 100% sure that he is either underage or dyslexic. There is no way he passed WAEC, no bleeping way. If he did, someone must have taken it for him. No way, he did JAMB himself. On a very serious note, I doubt he is even educated. Someone like him should not even be talking about Pa Awo. I think the other guy wanted to write ".  .  . lies his greatness," but prolly mistakenly pressed the 'd' button instead of  's'

And the past tense of 'lie' is lay, so ".  .  . lay his greatness" would have been correct.  Either way, the original poster messed up, confusing the illiterate Aboki/Almajiri.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 5:51am On Nov 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Clearly, your english is just as bad as Almajiri's. . . ummm, sorry, my bad, I mean Alj Harem's!

The [b]comma [/b]was not the problem here, but his use of "LIED" instead of "LIES/LAY".

Baby, why do u keep disappointing me?!!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 5:57am On Nov 17, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Clearly, your english is just as bad as Almajiri's. . . ummm, sorry, my bad, I mean Alj Harem's!

The [b]comma [/b]was not the problem here, but his use of "LIED" instead of "LIES/LAY".

True! And, clearly your English is not as good as mine. . . lol.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 17, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Honey boo, I knew his use of "lied" was wrong.

But the way the sentence was structured obviously indicated that it wasn't what almajiri thought pafuri meant.

That lil typo  [lied instead of lies/lay] could not have confused almajiri that much.

Baby, why do you never stop disappointing me?
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

That Almajiri is a nut case. I am 100% sure that he is either underage or dyslexic. There is no way he passed WAEC, no bleeping way. If he did, someone must have taken it for him. No way, he did JAMB himself. On a very serious note, I doubt he is even educated. Someone like him should not even be talking about Pa Awo. I think the other guy wanted to write ".  .  . lies his greatness," but prolly mistakenly pressed the 'd' button instead of  's'

ROTFL! grin grin

True @ the bolded
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 6:12am On Nov 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Honey boo, I knew his use of "lied" was wrong.

But the way the sentence was structured obviously indicated that it wasn't what almajiri thought pafuri meant.

That lil typo  [lied instead of lies/lay] could not have confused almajiri that much.

Baby, why do you never stop disappointing me?

No biggie, I still luff u. . . . and ur "terrible-english-speaking" self.

Hey, u cute with a hot bod and thats all that matters in life! grin
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 6:15am On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

True! And, clearly your English is not as good as mine. . . lol.

Lol. Hey, u can keep the crown if it makes ur biceps bigger! grin
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by fstranger: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Lol. Hey, u can keep the crown if it makes your biceps bigger! grin

HAHAHAHAHAHa. . . you are a good sport! Just so you know, I plan to keep the crown!
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

HAHAHAHAHAHa.  .  . you are a good sport!

You wouldnt be saying the same thing if your Uncles was the ones trying to convince us, stupidly, that Prime Minister Balewa was not murdered by blood thirsty Ibo Army officers but instead died of asthma like your crazy cuzzos to the East are now saying! grin

You mad cool too! Never relent in spreading the truth!lol
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by Dawgpound: 3:05am On Feb 27, 2011
He is a devil.
Re: Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo by ekubear1: 3:12am On Feb 27, 2011
^-- Why? What did he do to you? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Exactly Is "boko Haram" Fighting For? / I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff / Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa-Fulani shall remain one!!! (SEE WHY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.