Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? (20064 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Beke2020: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2019
Depending on you and the meaning. If you're okay with the meaning fine. But names have effect on people's life that's why God himself changed peoples name in the bibles

1 Like

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2019
Dozie32:
You for kukuma call am toto nah grin
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2019
Cool name

Ebay checkout available
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by oshe11: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

Different gender? God forbids bad thing. I will check other names.
Hahahahahaahhaha

1 Like

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Beke2020: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by tiziano(m): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Just find a non controversial name
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by BlackLaw: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2019
name her pwetty pwesh kwin and she wouldn't need to change it later on facebook.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Allee90: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2019
But make sure to add DANGOTE

1 Like

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by MariaAngeles: 10:08am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:
Men, most of the time, bear the name Aluko. But I'm planning to name my daughter Aluko. What's your suggestion, please?
...of all the beautiful Yoruba names ?
You're cruel ! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 02, 2019
MariaAngeles:
...of all the beautiful Yoruba names ?
You're cruel ! cheesy

I think Aluko is a beautiful name though. Or maybe I think so because all the girls I've known whose family names are Aluko are always pretty.
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

Aluko is her father's name from your example.

I want it as my daughter's middle name.

It's absurd......Aluko is a surname......it's one of those Yoruba names that isn't interchangeable as surname and given name, like "Ayinla", "Dopemu", etc.
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2019
They don't just name some yoruba names from mere love you have for someone that bears same name... As a yoruba man that you are now. Can you name a single baby Taiwo or you name a single baby Kehinde. NO. That Aluko is a name given to some compound with the title in yoruba kingdom and I'm an Igbo guy but born and brought up in Ile Ife Osun state

9 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Zeinymira(f): 10:22am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:
Men, most of the time, bear the name Aluko. But I'm planning to name my daughter Aluko. What's your suggestion, please?

Aluko is beautiful and unique for a female.

Okin is beautiful as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by oodua1stson: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Do whatever you like.

I named my son José after the great José Mourinho
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by ecclize: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:
why don't u try checking up the meaning of the name... this will aid ur decision

1 Like

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by femi4: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:
Since you love birds....why not choose Okin or Adaba for her

They are lovely and beautiful birds

3 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by ospreywin(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2019
Aluko is cool but odidere is better. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by opefid(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

You already know that the name is the exclusive preserve of the male child and you are still asking for suggestions. You don't need anybody to convince you to do otherwise. If you don't know, let me tell you; as an Omoluabi/Omo-Odua/Omo Karo-ojire naming a child goes beyond the ordinary. A lot of background factors leading to the child birth is usually taken into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Tpresh(f): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

Yes. To beautify women in those days, osun is usually used. But a bird known as Aluko has the color of osùn

It's a unique name then, but I thought it's only meant for guys.
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:36am On Nov 02, 2019
REMI ALUKO Dey Ok
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by mikkywebs(m): 10:42am On Nov 02, 2019
It depends on what you think dear.
We are talking money here. Shine your eyes, never wake up a day to get back to sleep in the evening without making at least N10,000. Checkout my proof in the link below.
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by davades(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2019
She go vex for you when she grow up I swear
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Lumpyy(f): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

Its not FEMININE and I have NEVER heard it (though never say never)
Please don't subject the girl to a possible bully in the future
She maybe laughed at a point or more with that name!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by CrownPrincehawk(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2019
Name her Awéléwà
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Exponental(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Name.... A word for identification!
Your choice man!!!!!!
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Timileyin1234(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2019
Why u no give am Dangote. Aliko ko Alingo ni

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by MRLANNISTER(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

She will be a laughing stock for a long time. Do you hate her already?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by emerged01(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Abeg give your daughter a name she will like not the one she will change when she grows up.
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by aminusodiq(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:
try ademide, adesewa, nifemi, oluwafikayo, iniade... does are dope Yoruba names for ladies... u can try Dem... aluko is masculine and mostly as surnames .... u hardly see aluko as middle name... it's always d surname

2 Likes

Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by rolams(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

Foolish question! Name your daughter any lovely name you wish. If you give her the name she won't appreciate tomorrow na you Sabi oooo because she go swear for before she change the name. Ensure you know the meaning, root and more about the name you want to give her.
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by Emyogalanya: 11:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:
What does it mean ?
Re: Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2019
Beosten:

Why not wait till you born boy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Should A Father Make Love To His Daughter / Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests / Should I Greet & Call My Husband's Younger Sister 'Aunty'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.