Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn (26174 Views)

Nigerian Invents A Water Device That Prevents Cholera And Typhoid Infections / Am Suffering From Stubborn Reoccurring Infection / Typhoid Is Ruining Me I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hello nairalanders. I have this colleague who was always sleeping in the office around july. He often complained of muscle and joint pain with dizziness and pain in his eyes and both sides of his head. Sometimes, he would be complaining of slight headache and abdominal pain.

I asked that some test be run by him, including an XYZ just to be sure. He did all that and all was negative except typhoid which was inherent in the diagnostic report with negligible malaria. He was placed on a broad spectrum ciprofloxacin. He was feeling relieved after which the symptoms came back.

He went back to the clinic and was placed on Zinax, a higher antibiotics. 2 weeks later, the symptoms came back again and this time, the dr asked him to repeat the test and still repeat the XYZ. As usual all came out negative except thyphoid. This time, he was placed on augmentine. In short, he completed the recommended dose barely 2 weeks ago and symptoms have returned as I speak . Yesterday, I asked that the test be repeated for the 3rd time same as usual. Please medics, pharms and traditional medics in the house, what drug can he use to get rid of this stubborn bacteria?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Siberia01(m): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Mood11: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
He has consumed too much Antibiotics already.. Let him try eating healthy lots of Vegetables and Water and resting alot.

Give it like a month, if it persists, Take to a general hospital. Seems you are his PA

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
Mood11:
He has consumed too much Antibiotics already.. Let him try eating healthy lots of Vegetables and Water and resting alot.

Give it like a month, if it persists, Take to a general hospital. Seems you are his PA
He's actually my IT manager. In my company, no 'boss title' we are all colleagues. Thanks for the advice.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by sagtav(f): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
A very close family member is having the same problem. His own is even worse.

Lalasticlala, please can you take this topic to the front page so we can have broader inputs from experts in the house.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
sagtav:
A very close family member is having the same problem. His own is even worse.

Lalasticlala, please can you take this topic to the front page so we can have broader inputs from experts in the house.

Thank you.
So I learnt. It's become endemic in the southern part of the country but many don't seem to take it seriously untill it gets spread across other parts of Nigeria. Our government is so slow to act. Many may even have thyphoid fever but would think it's just malaria. I think diagnostic test is vital these days...how did I know? The day he came back to the clinic which our company uses, he said the doctor told him he has seen more number of patients with similar case that day alone, more that he usually sees.

9 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by henrygale(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2019
If he really had typhoid fever, he would have perforated by now grin. Moreso, widal test most private hospitals do is not best in diagnosing typhoid, and most do it just to make money. so in other words, your guy does not have typhoid.
Take him to another hospital, this time, probably a general hospital if in Lagos, so he can be fully examined and investigated to know what's actually wrong with him. I bet you will be surprised at what the diagnosis will be if you do this.
And enough of the antibiotics pls.
You are welcome. smiley

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Healthyway15: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
fairfora:
Hello nairalanders. I have this colleague who was always sleeping in the office around july. He often complained of muscle and joint pain with dizziness and pain in his eyes and both sides of his head. Sometimes, he would be complaining of slight headache and abdominal pain.

I asked that some test be run by him, including an XYZ just to be sure. He did all that and all was negative except typhoid which was inherent in the diagnostic report with negligible malaria. He was placed on a broad spectrum ciprofloxacin. He was feeling relieved after which the symptoms came back.

He went back to the clinic and was placed on Zinax, a higher antibiotics. 2 weeks later, the symptoms came back again and this time, the dr asked him to repeat the test and still repeat the XYZ. As usual all came out negative except thyphoid. This time, he was placed on augmentine. In short, he completed the recommended dose barely 2 weeks ago and symptoms have returned as I speak . Yesterday, I asked that the test be repeated for the 3rd time same as usual. Please medics, pharms and traditional medics in the house, what drug can he use to get rid of this stubborn bacteria?

Typhoid is caused by bacteria Salmonella typhi. It is a serious health condition especially in the developing world. Typhoid risk is higher in populations that lack access to safe water and adequate sanitation.

Causes of Typhoid Fever
Typhoid fever spreads through contaminated food and water or through close contact with someone who's infected. Most people feel better within a few days of starting antibiotic treatment, although a small number of them may die of complications.

Early symptoms of Typhoid Fever
Symptoms are likely to develop gradually, often appearing 1-3weeks after exposure to the disease. They include : headache, sweating, abdominal pain, weakness and tiredness, loss of appetite and weight loss, diarrhoea/constipation, extremely swollen abdomen

Later symptoms
You may become delirious, lie motionless and exhausted with your eyes half-closed. Life-threatening complications often develop at this time. The most serious complications of typhoid are intestinal bleeding or holes(perforations).

Treatment of Typhoid Fever
The most commonly used antibiotic is ciprofloxacin. Taking antibiotics to treat typhoid only work if typhoid is caught early. If not, typhoid can be fatal. There is currently concern about the growing resistance of antibiotics to S. typhi. In recent years, for example, typhoid has become resistant to ampicilin. Ciprofloxacin, one of the key medications for typhoid, is also experiencing similar difficulties.

There are very effective natural food supplements to treat all forms of diseases and ailments completely. We recommend suitable supplements of our reputable Company to treat Typhoid to get the best results. These supplements start work by attacking the bacteria to eradicate it, and correcting the imbalances in the cells and restoring the health to normal for the desired results.

For more enquiries, you can get in touch with us on whatsapp : 08164269252 for more details.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Healthyway15:

Typhoid is caused by bacteria Salmonella typhi. It is a serious health condition especially in the developing world. Typhoid risk is higher in populations that lack access to safe water and adequate sanitation.

Causes of Typhoid Fever
Typhoid fever spreads through contaminated food and water or through close contact with someone who's infected. Most people feel better within a few days of starting antibiotic treatment, although a small number of them may die of complications.

Early symptoms of Typhoid Fever
Symptoms are likely to develop gradually, often appearing 1-3weeks after exposure to the disease. They include : headache, sweating, abdominal pain, weakness and tiredness, loss of appetite and weight loss, diarrhoea/constipation, extremely swollen abdomen

Later symptoms
You may become delirious, lie motionless and exhausted with your eyes half-closed. Life-threatening complications often develop at this time. The most serious complications of typhoid are intestinal bleeding or holes(perforations).

Treatment of Typhoid Fever
The most commonly used antibiotic is ciprofloxacin. Taking antibiotics to treat typhoid only work if typhoid is caught early. If not, typhoid can be fatal. There is currently concern about the growing resistance of antibiotics to S. typhi. In recent years, for example, typhoid has become resistant to ampicilin. Ciprofloxacin, one of the key medications for typhoid, is also experiencing similar difficulties.

There are very effective natural food supplements to treat all forms of diseases and ailments completely. We recommend suitable supplements of our reputable Company to treat Typhoid to get the best results. These supplements start work by attacking the bacteria to eradicate it, and correcting the imbalances in the cells and restoring the health to normal for the desired results.

For more enquiries, you can get in touch with us on whatsapp : 08164269252 for more details.
how much is the supplement and where can one get it?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Healthyway15: 8:24am On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
how much is the supplement and where can one get it?

DM
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 02, 2019
Healthyway15:

DM
I'd call you pls
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by tforever(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:

Nutritional healing will be best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Healthyway15: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
I'd call you pls
Anyhow... No problem

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Exponental(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2019
Add herbs if you believe in it or you run the test somewhere different.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Freemanbobble: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2019
Na AA the guy be

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by LOGOBELT: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2019
May God healing Rain

Is your laptop faulty, slow, non functioning or needs upgrade? Do you need I.T Support? dont worry call us, We gat you! Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Passionate888: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2019
Make him go do comprehensive test o.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Goldenheart(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
He should either test for HIV or go to another hospital.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Opinedecandid(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
It's not typhoid

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Atigba: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:

Has he done HIV test sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Chidi299(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2019
What's the test result? Consider moving to a different health center as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by feldido(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2019
Na 9ja we de... Every sickness get e Nigerian version. grin

Let him try Agbo:

Pawpaw leaves
Mango leaves
Kidney stone breaker leaves
Lemon grass
Lime/lemon

Boil all together and take 1 cup 3 times daily.

I'm sure it will help.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by ikorodureporta: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2019
u dey here still dey write XYZ for HIV??
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by oz4real83(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2019
When you take drugs everytime, there will come a time conventional drugs won't work on you anymore. It is not everytime you are sick you take drugs. Paracetamol is very active on my body even when it doesn't on other people. That is because I don't build my body on drugs. I wish your friend well.

9 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by SarkinYarki: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Tell Ur friend to do Stool MCS instead of that useless widal test ..come back and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by oshe11: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2019
FrLukas:
He should either test for HIV or go to another hospital.
Atigba:

Has he done HIV test sad

HIV is XYZ testgrin

These ones do NOT know.....

Next time U go for test and them tell You say U go do XYZ test(which is HIV test) but You no get mind for HIV test

In Fela's Voice; Run oooooo

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Thanks Ekiti COVID-19 Donors (Full List) / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / 20-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide In Imo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.