Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn (26269 Views)

Nigerian Invents A Water Device That Prevents Cholera And Typhoid Infections / Am Suffering From Stubborn Reoccurring Infection / Typhoid Is Ruining Me I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by xavuv: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2019
On the contrary, no typhoid is sturbon. Those antibiotics he used works fine just that he's been re-infecting himself, with probably food and drinks that he's been taking. He should change pattern.

Tell him to start raking only bottled water,Eva water etc. He should also eat food prepared under Good hygiene.

Again: chicken meat carries the salmonella thyphi. Do away with chicken meat for now....and if you must make sure it is well fried.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by 3kay945(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
CHESTER48:
this fake drugs of a thing is now becoming so serious. My mum was down like 2 weeks ago, she started treating typhoid and malaria, normally, but she was still sick, only for me to finally take her to see her personal doctor and the man saw the fake malaria drug lonart Ds and almost fainted. Gave my mum another drug immediately the next day she was fit. I don't know what this our government is doing anymore.

So Lonart DS fake is in town? Nawa o, my favourite Malaria drug.

Bad people everywhere you go.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
shege45:
no be typhoid they do am. Talking from experience
Then what? Kindly explain. Tnx
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Atigba:

Has he done HIV test sad
Cants you see xyz there?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by zigibada: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:

Guy
I can bet you 100% that your friend doesn't have any typhoid.
Go to a more competent lab or hospital.
[/s]
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by shege45: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
Then what? Kindly explain. Tnx
firstly, i’m sure that person would be doing blood test for typhoid. It would always show he has typhoid even after feeling fyn.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by TemmyT002(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2019
Typhoid will not leave unless you use all of the drugs given to you.
Even after you feel fine, you must use them all.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Iscoalarcon: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
He's actually my IT manager.
tell him to stop drinking water that is not pure. He should also avoid drinking drinks like zobo or Kunun zaki and similar drinks made locally with water if not no matter the type of medications, typhoid will not leave his body. you guys should also look for ampliclox( evans brand ) it is proven antibiotic for typhoid

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
thanks dear. But what's neem tree/leaf?

Neem tree is Dongoyaro

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by 0monnak0da: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
maybe he meant perforation of the intestine...he wasn't elaborate in his explanation though.
That is what I believe he meant.

What is your point?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Yong4ever: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
I suggest you let him do stool mcs that's more accurate than widal, then you know the most sensitive antibiotics for him!
fairfora:
Hello nairalanders. I have this colleague who was always sleeping in the office around july. He often complained of muscle and joint pain with dizziness and pain in his eyes and both sides of his head. Sometimes, he would be complaining of slight headache and abdominal pain.

I asked that some test be run by him, including an XYZ just to be sure. He did all that and all was negative except typhoid which was inherent in the diagnostic report with negligible malaria. He was placed on a broad spectrum ciprofloxacin. He was feeling relieved after which the symptoms came back.

He went back to the clinic and was placed on Zinax, a higher antibiotics. 2 weeks later, the symptoms came back again and this time, the dr asked him to repeat the test and still repeat the XYZ. As usual all came out negative except thyphoid. This time, he was placed on augmentine. In short, he completed the recommended dose barely 2 weeks ago and symptoms have returned as I speak . Yesterday, I asked that the test be repeated for the 3rd time same as usual. Please medics, pharms and traditional medics in the house, what drug can he use to get rid of this stubborn bacteria?

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by 0monnak0da: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yong4ever:
I suggest you let him do stool mcs that's more accurate than widal, then you know the most sensitive antibiotics for him!
Stool

For typhoid??

Did you mean blood culture?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by greggng: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
Hello nairalanders. I have this colleague who was always sleeping in the office around july. He often complained of muscle and joint pain with dizziness and pain in his eyes and both sides of his head. Sometimes, he would be complaining of slight headache and abdominal pain.

I asked that some test be run by him, including an XYZ just to be sure. He did all that and all was negative except typhoid which was inherent in the diagnostic report with negligible malaria. He was placed on a broad spectrum ciprofloxacin. He was feeling relieved after which the symptoms came back.

He went back to the clinic and was placed on Zinax, a higher antibiotics. 2 weeks later, the symptoms came back again and this time, the dr asked him to repeat the test and still repeat the XYZ. As usual all came out negative except thyphoid. This time, he was placed on augmentine. In short, he completed the recommended dose barely 2 weeks ago and symptoms have returned as I speak . Yesterday, I asked that the test be repeated for the 3rd time same as usual. Please medics, pharms and traditional medics in the house, what drug can he use to get rid of this stubborn bacteria?

I suspect fake drug ....he needs to detoxify his body ...there after he can now buy original drugs....is a shame fake drugs could make an illness look impossible to go away

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by qdlvy: 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:

OP sounds like Giant Cell Temporal Arteritis or some other form of vasculitis. He needs to get a MBP and possibly a biopsy done if the ESR is high.
Get him to a doctor as soon as possible.
Might not be those things but better to rule that out first.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
0monnak0da:

That is what I believe he meant.

What is your point?
well, I'm not a medic but I learnt ( from what I read online) if para thyphi stays in the human system for too long untreated, the bacteria could end up perforating the intestine...
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by 0monnak0da: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
well, I'm not a medic but I learnt ( from what I read online) if thyphoid stays in the human system for too long untreated, the bacteria could end up perforating the intestine...
Perforation can happen. My point is how often?
I believe it is less than 40% of cases and not as he seemed to suggest that it was an inevitability
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
FrLukas:

Neem tree is Dongoyaro
aww ok. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
shunjohn:
I've had the same symptoms for a while...your friend should test for H-Pylori it's a bacteria from the stomach that has passed into the blood stream. Symptoms include ulcer, recurring typhoid and malaria, headaches, unexplained weakness, bloating. The test costs 4k @ juli pharmacy. It's actually quite rampant and so many doctors don't even know. U can call me on 08029033073 if u need to talk about it. The drug is called elicorid sells for 9100 to be used for 4-6 weeks.
He would just faint ni...4-6weeks? grin. Anyway, I'd pass your number to him. Tnx
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by 0monnak0da: 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
qdlvy:

OP sounds like Giant Cell Temporal Arteritis or some other form of vasculitis. He needs to get a MBP and possibly a biopsy done if the ESR is high.
Get him to a doctor as soon as possible.
Might not be those things but better to rule that out first.
Amazing !! But he tested positive for Typhoid? Why do we need to rule out Ebola
I am confusing
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by smiliyB(f): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
I have an experience, will share the full details soonest.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by charlesirabo: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
I know of a friend that had this same sickness. Typhoid symptoms except stomach pain or disruption. He was admitted with fluid passed into his vein and finished ciprofloxacin pack, twice. Guess what, the symptoms was still there until he started exercising and taking lots of fruits. Lost a lot of weight but He is very okay. Pls always include fruits in your daily meal and exercise your selves. We all need to boost our immune system with balance diet and adequate exercise.
I asked him which exercise he did the most, he said push ups(press up).

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by 0monnak0da: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
shunjohn:
I've had the same symptoms for a while...your friend should test for H-Pylori it's a bacteria from the stomach that has passed into the blood stream. Symptoms include ulcer, recurring typhoid and malaria, headaches, unexplained weakness, bloating.
Symptoms of H-Pylori include malaria and typhoid??
H. Pylori in the blood stream?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:
aww ok. Thank you

You welcome.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
0monnak0da:

Perforation can happen. My point is how often?
I believe it is less than 40% of cases and not as he seemed to suggest that it was an inevitability
Oh, I see..
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by feldido(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
showafrica:

Someone took this and it worked.. Though his own was stubborn gonorrhea that kept reoccurring.

Seriously?

Agbo works wonders shocked
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by midnighter(f): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
0monnak0da:
Anyway for those who are interested

There is a vaccine

Yeah, I have been vaccinated
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by sharone21(f): 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
He should watch especially, the water he drinks and food he takes outside( water for cooking it should be clean enough_) and wash fruits properly. For now, he should STOP buying pure water( most are poisons) and buy bottle water....of he must buy pure water, it must be from reputable companies eg Cosharis or buy water purifier ( water guard) in tablet, powder or liquid form. The typhoid fever is recurrent in him because he keeps on putting in his body system what causes the ailment.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
sunnyeinstein:

Thank God for your mum.
But really, self medication is not good. When you feel I'll, the doctor is the first person to talk to, not the chemist/nurse in your area
yeah. It's true but I studied med lab. I have small knowledge. Though I am not practising it grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by midnighter(f): 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
Since July? They should have started analysing stool by now

And they are giving him enough antibiotics to turn him into an clean petri dish.

Get to another hospital, they are not serious

By the way pawpaw leaves and seeds can be used to kill parasites so people who are suggesting it are on the right track

Pawpaw fruit as well is anti-microbial
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
fairfora:

OP, please tell your friend to be mindful of the food and water he takes. If he drinks from an infected source, no amount of antibiotics will save his life. He should purify his water by boiling, filterationg and water guard and should clean raw foods like fruits thoroughly before eating. After observing these, proper medication may work.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by arizonababa: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
I have a good herb for cure 100% with little money ...
Re: Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn by showafrica(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
feldido:

Seriously?

Agbo works wonders shocked

I dont know why we dont have herbal scientists, its should be a new dimension of science.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liberia Gives Available Doses Of Zmapp Three African Doctors / "I Don't Know What It's Like To Walk But I Know How To Live"; Disabled Lady. PIC / Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.