Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch - Certification And Training Adverts (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch (7709 Views)

Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch / Microsoft Azure Online Training By Realtime Industrial Experts From India |apex / Microsoft Azure/ms Azure Hands-on Online Training,job Support From India | APEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
Royalsleek22:
i am following sir, but yet to download the RedHatLinux complete.

Nice, follow the steps to install after the download.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2019
swscorpio:

Hello Bro, Please I sent you a personal message to your email. I will appreciate if you can go through it. Thank you so much.

I guess I have replied you.

Thanks.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
Yea
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
Nice, follow the steps to install after the download. Ok. Thanks
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by sparkle7: 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2019
tomisinuno:

Yeah, you tried. However,there is Ubuntu Server as well. The Ubuntu desktop may be used personally.
Is this rhel a paid software? Am having problem downloading. They saying some subscription ish there.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
sparkle7:

Is this rhel a paid software? Am having problem downloading. They saying some subscription ish there.

Not at all, it's an opensource software, you will need to register first, login and you will be able to download it.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
yes sir.... sax lesson after our cloud class grin grin grin grin grin

thanks for the lecture

tomisinuno:
For the ones who will be connecting to the server on cloud, in fact, (this will be for everybody) because this is where I get to see your class activities and assess what you have done.

Moving forward,

Get the putty application, I will be dropping the public IP address here. I have started creating user accounts for everyone using your registered names on nairaland, so everyone logs in with their user account.

To get your credentials, send an email to freetraining@bolgtom.com, please specify your registered name on nairaland. For example, saxwizard. I hope he gets to teach us sax someday. Say Yeah if you all agree with me and don't bother to say Nay if you don't. smiley . your credentials will be forwarded

Suggestions, questions, advises, contributions are welcomed as usual

https://bolgtom.com/2019/11/24/module-1-2-lab-setup-and-virtual-machine-vm-creation/

Cheers!!!

NEXT MODULE: LINUX FILESYSTEM STRUCTURE

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
Yipee..... LAB READY

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by peemeeks(m): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
Please check your mail Tosin. Kudos baba!
You always give us task to do after work.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 11:25am On Nov 26, 2019
hello sir, my download will reacg 1gb then corrupt. what should i do
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
Royalsleek22:
hello sir, my download will reacg 1gb then corrupt. what should i do

Your internet is slim in nature and needs to hit the gim...........get a stronger network or use the Azure server.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Your internet is slim in nature and needs to hit the gim...........get a stronger network or use the Azure server.

Please sir, how can I get the Azure Server
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
Same issue im facing , it says you have to subscribe to download and ive been stuck ever since i created my free account , is there a way to bypass this ?? or can we get a third party site to download from, maybe a torrent or something
tomisinuno:

Not at all, it's an opensource software, you will need to register first, login and you will be able to download it.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
Royalsleek22:

Please sir, how can I get the Azure Server

I have it already deployed. I will be sharing the public IP soon. All you need to do is to login with your username and password which will be given to you provided you sent your nairaland username to the email I mentioned above.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
joeysuki:
Same issue im facing , it says you have to subscribe to download and ive been stuck ever since i created my free account , is there a way to bypass this ?? or can we get a third party site to download from, maybe a torrent or something

I will look at it before today runs out and get back to you with a solution. But please, don't download from untrusted third party to avoid hackers hacking into your system without you even knowing.

You are very right. I created a new account and try to download but I had your issue. I am very sure agreement and policies downloading the software have changed. one will have to join the developer program before one can download the software freely.

Here is what I did before i was able to download, click on this link https://developers.redhat.com/ , follow the procedure to create a developer's account with the same details you used when registering the first time or better still, login with your credentials, try downloading, let it give you that issue, then click on the link and follow the registration procedure to be able to download.

NOTE: on the link I provided, click on product by top right corner, in the featured product part, click red hat enterprise linux
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2019
THANKS BOSS!! This solution works fine, im currently downloading ! hope it completes before the end of the day grin
tomisinuno:

I will look at it before today runs out and get back to you with a solution. But please, don't download from untrusted third party to avoid hackers hacking into your system without you even knowing.

You are very right. I created a new account and try to download but I had your issue. I am very sure agreement and policies downloading the software have changed. one will have to join the developer program before one can download the software freely.

Here is what I did before i was able to download, click on this link https://developers.redhat.com/ , follow the procedure to create a developer's account with the same details you used when registering the first time or better still, login with your credentials, try downloading, let it give you that issue, then click on the link and follow the registration procedure to be able to download.

NOTE: on the link I provided, click on product by top right corner, in the featured product part, click red hat enterprise linux

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
MODULE 1.3

LINUX FILESYSTEM STRUCTURE

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
Log in to your Personal Server or the cloud server, for now, enter the commands below (Our next module will be on basic Linux commands and type of users in Linux)

• cd /
• ls

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
nice one please ride on sir
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
For the ones logging into the cloud server, the public IP of the Cloud server is 51.144.115.34. Enter the username and the password sent to your email (I already mentioned how to connect in the previous module).

Moving forward, One Important thing one need to always remember is that everything in Linux is considered to be a file. I mean everything. The reason why you hear every frequent Linux users always say, “In Linux, everything is a file”.

Linux file-system structure is hierarchical, all files are stored on the disk under one main directory, / (root). The directory has been further subdivided into directories like /usr, /var, /mnt, /boot etc. as shown in the image above.

These directories have been organized to store a specific type of file. You will get to understand better how these directories and structure work and all these will begin to make a lot of sense as you begin to use the Linux OS often. Everything we are going to be doing will be in these directories. These directories are the whole system. If you remember, during our installation, I mentioned that we should set our destination installation to “automatic partitioning”. If we had done manual, you may not have understood except you are familiar with Linux already. But in the real world, you won’t be doing automatic partitioning but manual. We will of course do manual installation in our next installation when we are certain we have understood the structure as we proceed.

These directories are explained below.

• /root: This is the root user’s home directory. Every file and directory starts from this directory

• /bin directory: This directory stores many utilities of Linux. They are executable files. These utilities are commands available under the Linux system. E.g. ls, cp, cat, etc. They are in binary format, hence named “bin”

• /dev: This directory stores all the device–related files for the system.

• /mnt: This directory can be used as a directory where users can temporarily mount file-systems.

• /etc: This directory contains the system-related data and configuration files required by programs are all stored here. The configuration file stored here affects all users. [E.g /etc/passwd]. However, configuration file can also be stored in user’s home directory.

To be continued..........
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2019
we are following sir
tomisinuno:
For the ones logging into the cloud server, the public IP of the Cloud server is 51.144.115.34. Enter the username and the password sent to your email (I already mentioned how to connect in the previous module).

Moving forward, One Important thing one need to always remember is that everything in Linux is considered to be a file. I mean everything. The reason why you hear every frequent Linux users always say, “In Linux, everything is a file”.

Linux file-system structure is hierarchical, all files are stored on the disk under one main directory, / (root). The directory has been further subdivided into directories like /usr, /var, /mnt, /boot etc. as shown in the image above.

These directories have been organized to store a specific type of file. You will get to understand better how these directories and structure work and all these will begin to make a lot of sense as you begin to use the Linux OS often. Everything we are going to be doing will be in these directories. These directories are the whole system. If you remember, during our installation, I mentioned that we should set our destination installation to “automatic partitioning”. If we had done manual, you may not have understood except you are familiar with Linux already. But in the real world, you won’t be doing automatic partitioning but manual. We will of course do manual installation in our next installation when we are certain we have understood the structure as we proceed.

• /root: This is the root user’s home directory. Every file and directory starts from this directory

• /bin directory: This directory stores many utilities of Linux. They are executable files. These utilities are commands available under the Linux system. E.g. ls, cp, cat, etc. They are in binary format, hence named “bin”

• /mnt: This directory can be used as a directory where users can temporarily mount file-systems.

• /etc: This directory contains the system-related data and configuration files required by programs are all stored here. The configuration file stored here affects all users. [E.g /etc/passwd]. However, configuration file can also be stored in user’s home directory.

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 9:55am On Nov 30, 2019
I was able to login into the ip address....

cd /

ls

this is getting interesting
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2019
I logged in too using Putty , still tryna get my RHEL to download .... patiently waiting for the next module
saxwizard:
I was able to login into the ip address....

cd /

ls

this is getting interesting
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
Set-up finally done

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2019
joeysuki:
I logged in too using Putty , still tryna get my RHEL to download .... patiently waiting for the next module

try do so ASAP

You dont want to miss out
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2019
For those yet to install, you might run into problems at this stage as you might not get the linux 64bit option, dont panic , to fix this simply reboot your system and enter bios mode and go to the configurations options, enable virtual technology, save and exit. restart your system and start the installation again, you should see 64bit option now listed. i hope this helps !!
tomisinuno:
2. From the image above, that is, step 8, click on the new button, you will get a box like this below, give any VM name you like, make type Linux and version 64-bit, click on next

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
joeysuki:
For those yet to install, you might run into problems at this stage as you might not get the linux 64bit option, dont panic , to fix this simply reboot your system and enter bios mode and go to the configurations options, enable virtual technology, save and exit. restart your system and start the installation again, you should see 64bit option now listed. i hope this helps !!
you also need to go to "turn on or off windows" and uncheck hyper V
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=tomisinuno post=84486628]For the ones logging into the cloud server, the public IP of the Cloud server is 51.144.115.34. Enter the username and the password sent to your email (I already mentioned how to connect in the previous module).

Please sir where is the cloud located.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
Pleasew house, do I need internet to login
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
Yes, simply download the putty application, enter the IP address shared and log in with your username and password
Royalsleek22:
Pleasew house, do I need internet to login
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2019
Yes, simply download the putty application, enter the IP address shared and log in with your username and password
ok. thanks so much. I logged in but it is showing this system is not registered with red hat. when i entered the command it said file not found.

this is the prompt it is showing me: Activate the web console with: systemctl enable --now cockpit.socket

This system is not registered to Red Hat Insights. See https://cloud.redhat.com/
To register this system, run: insights-client --register
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Mrceejay: 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
tomisinuno:

Tomi please kindly mail me the password to the cloud server. And my PC has a 2gb RAM, but the RHEL 8 specifies 4GB, can I still use RHEL 7. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Acca, Ican & Ats Tuition Provider Now In Lekki-ajah / Revit Architecture Training In Lagos Island and Mainland. 08033146625 / Best Autocad 2D & 3D Engineering Design Training Lag, Ph, ABj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.