Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch - Certification And Training Adverts (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch (7734 Views)

Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch / Microsoft Azure Online Training By Realtime Industrial Experts From India |apex / Microsoft Azure/ms Azure Hands-on Online Training,job Support From India | APEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Mrceejay: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2019
tomisinuno:

Will send the credentials when I subscribe.
thnks
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 10:30am On Dec 11, 2019
Following Sir, the cloud server is still down
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2019
Would like to see how else to switch asides using CD grin
tomisinuno:
Can you see the process I went through before I could go back to the NETWORK_TEAM directory?

What if I were to go back to IT_DEPARTMENT directory, will I keep doing cd..?

At this point,…….To be continued……
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2019
joeysuki:
Would like to see how else to switch asides using CD grin

funny thing is that without cd, no Linux cheesy
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2019
tomisinuno:
Can you see the process I went through before I could go back to the NETWORK_TEAM directory?

What if I were to go back to IT_DEPARTMENT directory, will I keep doing cd..?

At this point,…….To be continued……

At this point, you should know that you can always change directory to any path even if the directory is long from Africa to Australia as far as you know the path.

In our examples, you will notice that I always do “pwd” to know my present working directory. If you know your present working directory, you can also always know how to navigate yourself to wherever you want to.

Therefore, form the STORAGE_TEAM directory, to change directory to IT_DEPARTMENT, we do

• cd /home/tomisinuno/IT_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Now from the IT department, create the IT_DIRECTORS directory
• mkdir IT_DIRECTORS

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
I believe we can now create directories in Linux, to make things easier, It’s better for beginners to always sketch the architecture.

See below the architecture of what we have been doing.

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
Class activity:

1. Again, using the architecture above, create the directories. This time around, to differentiate it from the former, add letter “S” to all the directories you will be creating.

2. from the IT_DEPARTMENTS directory, change directory to
• NEXUS_STORAGE_TEAMS
• CISCO_SWITCH_TEAMS
• IT_DIRECTORSS
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
NOTE: The graphical user interface (GUI), a friendly interface, just like windows can also be used for all of these operations. Unfortunately, most customers, especially the critical ones won’t give you the GUI platform to work with. Even in the windows environment sometimes, you will be left to work with the command line and (PowerShell).
So, we are gonna master the CLI first before mastering the GUI which will just be like “Akara and Bread” to you.

https://tekneed.com/2019/12/14/module-2-0-basic-linux-command/

Cheers!!!

NEXT MODULE: CREATING FILES USING THE BASIC LINUX COMMANDS
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 4:48am On Dec 14, 2019
thank you for your time
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2019
COPIED SIR cheesy
tomisinuno:

At this point, you should know that you can always change directory to any path even if the directory is long from Africa to Australia as far as you know the path.

In our examples, you will notice that I always do “pwd” to know my present working directory. If you know your present working directory, you can also always know how to navigate yourself to wherever you want to.

Therefore, form the STORAGE_TEAM directory, to change directory to IT_DEPARTMENT, we do

• cd /home/tomisinuno/IT_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2019
Oh. The ban has finally been lifted, I can now post.

you can check this out: https://tekneed.com/2019/12/13/china-to-do-away-with-all-foreign-technology-in-2022/

To our next module,

MODULE 2.1-CREATING FILES USING THE BASIC LINUX COMMAND

1 Like

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2019
From the diagram above, we are going to create the files in circles. We have our directories already created.
Commands used in creating files and file related are
• cat > : To create a non-empty file

• touch: To create an empty-file

• cat >>: To append into an existing file

• using any text editor like vi, vim, nano [we will talk about text editor in another module]

• cat : used to view a file. (ASCII file)

Let’s start creating files.

BTW, I got a new subscription and the cloud server is ready. your credentials remain the same. I will quickly configure the server now to always automatically shut down. The server will only be up 2 - 4 hours per day. So , I advise you make your Lab ready if it is not.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
EXAMPLES OF FILE CREATION USING THE CHART ABOVE

1. In the NETWORK_TEAM directory, create the N_mangers file. The file should include the network managers. They are Muhammadu Buhari, Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

• cd /IT_DEPARTMENT/NETWORK_TEAM
• cat > N_managers
Muhammadu Buhari (press the enter key)
Donald Trump (press the enter key)
Vladimir Putin (press the enter key)
Press ctrl+c

2. view the file content
• cat N_managers

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
3. In the CISCO_SWITCH_TEAM directory, create the full_staff file. The full staff names are Bayo ogulesi, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo

4. We forgot to Include Yemi Osibanjo among the full staff. Please include his name.
• cat >> full_staff
• Yemi Osibanjo (press enter)
Press ctrl+c

1 Like

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
5. In the IT_DEPARTMENT directory, create an empty file called cloud_team
• cd (NOTE: cd takes you back to the home directory irrespective of where one is)
• cd IT_DEPARTMENT
• touch cloud_team

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
Class Activity 2.1

1. In the CISCO_SWITCH_TEAM directory, create the the temp_staff file. Their names are Dino Melaye, Bukola Saraki and Andy ruiz.

2. In the cloud_team file, add any three names.

3. Create the COOs and CTOs file in the IT_DIRECTORS directory and add any three names each

4. Create the full_staff file in the NEXUS_STORAGE_TEAM directory

https://tekneed.com/2019/12/23/module-2-1-creating-files-using-the-basic-linux-command/

Cheers!!!

NEXT MODULE: COPYING AND MOVING FILES USING THE BASIC LINUX COMMANDS
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2019
Boss at what times of the day would the server be up, so we can plan to logon and work within those times
tomisinuno:
From the diagram above, we are going to create the files in circles. We have our directories already created.
Commands used in creating files and file related are
• cat > : To create a non-empty file

• touch: To create an empty-file

• cat >>: To append into an existing file

• using any text editor like vi, vim, nano [we will talk about text editor in another module]

• cat : used to view a file. (ASCII file)

Let’s start creating files.

BTW, I got a new subscription and the cloud server is ready. your credentials remain the same. I will quickly configure the server now to always automatically shut down. The server will only be up 2 - 4 hours per day. So , I advise you make your Lab ready if it is not.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Chai... i don miss sha
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2019
joeysuki:
Boss at what times of the day would the server be up, so we can plan to logon and work within those times

10 AM -12 noon and probably 10 pm - 12 midnight.

To be sure the server is up, from the CLI on your system, always ping the IP.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 9:02am On Dec 20, 2019
Okay great! thanks alot
tomisinuno:

10 AM -12 noon and probably 10 pm - 12 midnight.

To be sure the server is up, from the CLI on your system, always ping the IP.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 1:32am On Dec 23, 2019
MODULE 2.2-COPYING AND MOVING FILES USING THE BASIC LINUX COMMANDS

See IP of the new server 168.63.105.1

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2019
i guess this will be up by 10am ?

i tried logging in now ...says connection timed out

tomisinuno:
MODULE 2.2-COPYING AND MOVING FILES USING THE BASIC LINUX COMMANDS

See IP of the new server 168.63.105.1

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 9:21am On Dec 23, 2019
Yea.

The server is up now
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2019
Done. Kindly Check smiley smiley smiley cool

tomisinuno:
Class Activity 2.1

1. In the CISCO_SWITCH_TEAM directory, create the the temp_staff file. Their names are Dino Melaye, Bukola Saraki and Andy ruiz.

2. In the cloud_team file, add any three names.

3. Create the COOs and CTOs file in the IT_DIRECTORS directory and add any three names each

4. Create the full_staff file in the NEXUS_STORAGE_TEAM directory

Cheers!!!

NEXT MODULE: COPYING AND MOVING FILES USING THE BASIC LINUX COMMANDS

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2019
saxwizard:
Done. Kindly Check smiley smiley smiley cool

cheesy cheesy...I will
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
Done on my RHEL too, would replicate on the server when it reopens grin
And im enjoying linux so far wink
tomisinuno:

cheesy cheesy...I will
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
joeysuki:
Done on my RHEL too, would replicate on the server when it reopens grin
And im enjoying linux so far wink

thats how star do...
me self they feel am
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by joeysuki(m): 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2019
Yes boss !
saxwizard:

thats how star do...
me self they feel am
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by taskcompleteng: 6:49am On Dec 25, 2019
Wow

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Acca, Ican & Ats Tuition Provider Now In Lekki-ajah / Revit Architecture Training In Lagos Island and Mainland. 08033146625 / Best Autocad 2D & 3D Engineering Design Training Lag, Ph, ABj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.