Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch - Certification And Training Adverts (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch (7798 Views)

Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch / Microsoft Azure Online Training By Realtime Industrial Experts From India |apex / Microsoft Azure/ms Azure Hands-on Online Training,job Support From India | APEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 10:29am On Dec 04, 2019
Dear OP....i hope you are doing fine? grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Yeah. I am doing great!!! grin grin grin ........been quiet busy.

we will continue soon
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Mrceejay: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
tomisinuno:
Yeah. I am doing great!!! grin grin grin ........been quiet busy.

we will continue soon
good to hear
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
tomisinuno:
For the ones logging into the cloud server, the public IP of the Cloud server is 51.144.115.34. Enter the username and the password sent to your email (I already mentioned how to connect in the previous module).

Moving forward, One Important thing one need to always remember is that everything in Linux is considered to be a file. I mean everything. The reason why you hear every frequent Linux users always say, “In Linux, everything is a file”.

Linux file-system structure is hierarchical, all files are stored on the disk under one main directory, / (root). The directory has been further subdivided into directories like /usr, /var, /mnt, /boot etc. as shown in the image above.

These directories have been organized to store a specific type of file. You will get to understand better how these directories and structure work and all these will begin to make a lot of sense as you begin to use the Linux OS often. Everything we are going to be doing will be in these directories. These directories are the whole system. If you remember, during our installation, I mentioned that we should set our destination installation to “automatic partitioning”. If we had done manual, you may not have understood except you are familiar with Linux already. But in the real world, you won’t be doing automatic partitioning but manual. We will of course do manual installation in our next installation when we are certain we have understood the structure as we proceed.

These directories are explained below.

• /root: This is the root user’s home directory. Every file and directory starts from this directory

• /bin directory: This directory stores many utilities of Linux. They are executable files. These utilities are commands available under the Linux system. E.g. ls, cp, cat, etc. They are in binary format, hence named “bin”

• /dev: This directory stores all the device–related files for the system.

• /mnt: This directory can be used as a directory where users can temporarily mount file-systems.

• /etc: This directory contains the system-related data and configuration files required by programs are all stored here. The configuration file stored here affects all users. [E.g /etc/passwd]. However, configuration file can also be stored in user’s home directory.

To be continued..........

· /proc: This can also be called a virtual file system. It contains real-time information about the processes running on the system. It presents this information as a file. Remember we said earlier that everything is a file.

· /boot: This directory stores all the necessary files that is needed to boot the system including the system kernel.

· /home: This directory contains all the home directory of users. It’s the directory where users store personal files like photos, music, documents, desktop, videos, etc. [e.g. /home/tomisinuno]

· /lib: This directory contains libraries of data for the compilers installed on the system, such as the C language routine. In other words, these files are helpful and used by an application or a utility or process for their proper execution.

· /lib64: This directory is similar to /lib. The difference between this directory and /lib is the architecture level differences. It stores 64-bit library files.

· /usr: This directory stores the OS files which are not involved in the boot process. It stores programs and files used by users. i.e, it contains all the user’s system resources like user’s binaries, libraries, header files, etc. For example, Many and more utilities that are not in /bin are available in the usr/bin directory, they are considered non-essential to the system compared to the /bin directory where essential programs/utilities and files needed by the OS are stored. The /usr also contains shared files. i.e. /usr is sharable. This directory also contains more of libraries and data files used by various Linux commands. [i.e./usr/lib], the /usr/tmp stores more temporary files. This directory is read-only.

· /sbin: This directory is analogous to /bin. The difference is that it stores the binaries intended to be used for system maintenance and administrative tasks by system administrators or root/super users. Utilities like init, fdisk,, swapon, etc.

· /opt: this directory is reserved or stores optional packages. i.e. packages that are not part of the default application. Most times, third party applications are always installed in this directory and applications that don’t follow the UNIX file hierarchy standard also dumps its file in this directory.

· /sys: There is now an addition of a virtual files-system to the kernel which is /sys. This directory helps to clean up / proc as much hardware related information has been moved to /sys. It tends to be more organized compared to /proc

· /media: This directory creates a subdirectory or a mount point for a removable media when it’s inserted into the system. It automatically mounts the media depending on the variant or can be used as a temporary mount point for a media where contents can be easily accessed. E.g. CD, USB, etc.

· /lost+found: This directory contains recovered corrupt files. If a system didn’t go through a proper shutdown and a file-system crashes, the files-systems will be checked when the system is booting up and dumps every recovered corrupt file in this directory.

· /var: This directory stores variable data. i.e. files and directories that the system writes to during operation. It’s the opposite of /usr. /usr is a read-only, all the operations that is supposed to write to /usr, for example, log files are written in /var.

· /srv: srv means “service”. The services that are provided by the system, for example, apache webserver’s data, FTP data, etc. are stored in this directory. The data file for a particular service can easily be located in this directory.

· /tmp: This directory stores temporary files created by the OS. Users can also store temporary files in this directory. Most times, files in this directory are deleted automatically when the system is restarted. If you want to delete a file in this directory, be sure of what you are doing because the files in this directory contain temporarily what the system, processes, etc. currently uses to function.

We begin to understand it more with persistent use and as we go on.

Class Activity 1.3: What does the /run directory contain?

Cheers!!!

NEXT MODULE: BASIC LINUX COMMAND

https://tekneed.com/2019/12/06/module-1-3-linux-file-system-structure/
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
MODULE 2.0-BASIC LINUX COMMAND

There are two types of users in Linux

There are two types of users in Linux
1. The root user or Superuser: from the word super, the root user is a user that has access and privileges and to all kinds of files on the system. There is only one root user who has the user name "root". When you are logged in as a root user, you will see the “#” sign.

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
2. The ordinary or other users: This is the opposite of the root user. This user has fewer privileges to the files on the system compared to the root user. There are certain files ordinary users can’t write to. There can be many ordinary users. When you are logged in as an ordinary user, you will see the sign “$”

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
At this point, we will start with the basic commands by learning how to confirm or know who you are on the Linux machine, to do that, you use the command below
• Whoami

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
Other basic Linux commands are

• mkdir : This command is used to make directories.

What is a directory? Compare directory as a folder on the windows machine. A folder is where you put in other folders or files. Right? It’s called a directory in Linux. I remember when I was on site explaining how a deployment will go in the kick off meeting of a project I was going to execute, I mentioned a folder in my course of explanation and the next thing I heard was a diss. The gentle man said, “Are you not the Linux guy?”, why mentioning folder? Lol. I immediately changed my terms but after the meeting, I kept wondering why one would keep to such kind of details. In Linux world, It’s called a directory.

Let’s make one.

Login into your system and do

• mkdir HR_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
• ls: used to list the contents in a directory. In order to see the “HR_DEPARTMENT directory created, you will need to list the content, now do

• ls

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
NOTE: anytime one log in, by default, your present working directory (pwd) is your home directory, now do,

• pwd

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
You can see that you are actually in a directory before you create the HR_DEPARTMENT directory. In my case, I am in “/home/tomisinuno” directory. As we go on, you will know the difference between a directory and a mount point. I may come back to this exact words to clarify things. Put it at the back of your mind. I guess you already know what “/home” is, I explained it in MODULE 1.3.

At this same point, you should know that
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by saxwizard(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
ride on boss .

i tried to log on to the public ip few days back.. i couldn't connect.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxwizard:
ride on boss

i tried to log on to the public ip few days back.. i couldn't connect.

I will check it
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
My is telling me not registered
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
tomisinuno:
You can see that you are actually in a directory before you create the HR_DEPARTMENT directory. In my case, I am in “/home/tomisinuno” directory. As we go on, you will know the difference between a directory and a mount point. I may come back to this exact words to clarify things. Put it at the back of your mind. I guess you already know what “/home” is, I explained it in MODULE 1.3.

At this same point, you should know that

At this same point, you should know that Linux command is separated in three parts.

1. Command

2. Option (- is use to specify options)

3. Argument.

For instance, I can say,

wash. (Wash) here is the command

I can also say, wash properly. (Properly) here is the option

Or say, wash properly the blue shirt. (The blue shirt) is the argument.

Let’s be practical, following our previous example,

• ls -l HR_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
ls = command

-l = option

HR_DEPARTMENT=argument.

From the image above, its seen that total is 0 because there is no file or any directory in the HR_DEPARTMENT yet.

OPTIONS

There a lot of options associated with a Linux command. An easier way to see/get/use the options if you can’t remember them offhand is to use “- - help” after the command. example

• ls - -help

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
To be realistic, you can’t remember all the Linux commands and options. There are over 2000 commands not to talk of options. But the good thing is there is “keyword” search and manual pages in Linux. Hence, nothing to worry about. I will talk about the keyword search in another module.

To get the manual page of any command, we use the “man” command. For example

• man ls

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Use the enter or space bar key to continue scrolling down, to quit, press the “q” key.

• rmdir: used to remove an empty directory.

• rm –r : used to remove un-empty directory.

• pwd: print/present working directory.

• cd: used to navigate from one directory to the other

• cd .. : to navigate a directory one step backward.

Examples

1. remove the HR_DEPARMENT directory
• rmdir HR_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
2. create IT_DEPARTMENT directory
• mkdir IT_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
3. change directory to IT_DEPARTMENT
• cd IT_DEPARTMENT

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
4. create the NETWORK_TEAM and STORAGE_TEAM directory in the IT_DEPARTMENT directory.
• mkdir NETWORK_TEAM
• mkdir STORAGE_TEAM

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
5. change directory to storage team and create the EMC_STORAGE_TEAM directory and NEXUS_STORAGE_TEAM directory.

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
6. go back to the NETWORK_TEAM directory and create CISCO_SWITCH_TEAM and DELL_SWITCH_TEAM

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Can you see the process I went through before I could go back to the NETWORK_TEAM directory?

What if I were to go back to IT_DEPARTMENT directory, will I keep doing cd..?

At this point,…….To be continued……
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by sparkle7: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
tomisinuno:
Can you see the process I went through before I could go back to the NETWORK_TEAM,

What if I were to go back to IT_DEPARTMENT directory, will I keep doing cd..?

At this point,…….To be continued……
I didn't get my credentials for the public IP sir.
Sent you a mail then.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
tomisinuno:

I will check it

Unfortunately, the subscription to the account has been exhausted. Could be because I left the servers running for 24 hours non-stop and the bill kept increasing.
No other option for now than to resort to the private Lab till I can get another subscription. should be available soon. I will start working on it.\

Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Royalsleek22:
Yes, simply download the putty application, enter the IP address shared and log in with your username and password
ok. thanks so much. I logged in but it is showing this system is not registered with red hat. when i entered the command it said file not found.

this is the prompt it is showing me: Activate the web console with: systemctl enable --now cockpit.socket

This system is not registered to Red Hat Insights. See https://cloud.redhat.com/
To register this system, run: insights-client --register

your account will be sorted out when the new subscription is ready
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
Mrceejay:
Tomi please kindly mail me the password to the cloud server. And my PC has a 2gb RAM, but the RHEL 8 specifies 4GB, can I still use RHEL 7. thanks

Will send the credentials when I subscribe.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
Royalsleek22:
My is telling me not registered

I have replied you. Little patience
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
sparkle7:

I didn't get my credentials for the public IP sir.
Sent you a mail then.

You will get it as soon as I sort out the subscription.
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by tomisinuno(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
Our training this week mat be once. It will be a very busy week for me plus I have some Technical seminars to attend. We are beginning to get to the main show, start getting your hands busy with these little lectures.

Cheers!!!
Re: Learn Linux And Microsoft Azure Cloud From Scratch by Royalsleek22: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
your account will be sorted out when the new subscription is ready.
[color=#990000][/color]
Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Join CK LEWIS For Pmp Training In Abuja, Lagos and PH / Field Support Engineer Telecom......Training for 75k / Project Management Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.