Stats: 3,194,503 members, 7,954,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery (45744 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Dangote Refinery Complex And LFTZ / Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by lexy2014: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Yes. Yet Dangote is showing bravery plunging a massive amount of his money into a project pivotal for the development of Nigeria that no one, not even the FG, showed the appetite to take on. Let the man profit from the fruit of his labour because Nigeria profits far more. I understand the refinery's output will meet domestic demand 100% and even provide PMS and refined derivatives of crude we can export to gain income and foreign exchange. The greatest thing to happen to Nigeria since 1999 in my opinion.

Have u ever asked urself y d govt has refused to fix d refineries? Have u also asked y all d oil multinationals have refineries even in country's that don't have crude but they don't have in Nigeria? Have u ever asked y dangote is d only one building refinery in Nigeria?
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Cutealexio(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
It's a refinery not a two bedroom flat
Johnnyessence:
dangote never finish the refinery yet niiii. Adenuga is warming up to take his place.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
lexy2014:

Have u ever asked urself y d govt has refused to fix d refineries? Have u also asked y all d oil multinationals have refineries even in country's that don't have crude but they don't have in Nigeria? Have u ever asked y dangote is d only one building refinery in Nigeria?

We would be here all day providing answers for the questions you ask. In summation, I don't care it is Dangote and I don't care he now enjoys another monopoly. This is transformational for Nigeria, on so many level, and if you cannot be happy for our nation and can only highlight negatives then good luck to you.

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by PearlStreet(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
Johnnyessence:
for how many years will he complete this projects?

A refinery consists of many sub-units. Considering a optimum green refinery then it may take Detailed Engineering = 24 months, Construction 24–36 months,
Commissioning = 6–8 months,
Production in 24 + 36 + 8 = after 68 months.

Source - Quora.

Learn to read and stop limiting yourself to being a tool used by politicians. That refinery, you aren't qualified to work there but the politicians you are defending would send their children to work there.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by MiddleDimension: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Johnnyessence:
richest man in Africa.

i am not sure he wants to be the richest man in Africa.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
lexy2014:

Its a good project but what is d status of Nigerias four refineries?

The functional and most modern can be retained to add capacity to the production of Lekki and add stock to our export capacity. Others that need upgrading and are currently not operational can be sold transparently - which I am sure will be the case under PMB and APC.

All in all, It is not an issue to overthink or cast in negative light. It is like a man who has one house and gains 4 more to now have five. How can that be negative when he is richer and has more options to include using some for rental income or business purposes such as hospitality i.e hotels, student hostel etc.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by timilehin007(m): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Johnnyessence:
dangote never finish the refinery yet niiii. Adenuga is warming up to take his place.
Na every every minute giant giant materials dey enter. Over billions of naira is spent here already and people are working day and night yet this place never get form...to tell u how much work still dey here. The place big like make they divide the whole Lagos to 3....work wey still dey here ehnnnn...e nevr sure say by 2024 this place go ready..
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by MiddleDimension: 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Stop decieving yourself dude , Buhari can never ever achieve anything positive for Nigeria because he doesn't have the capacity .. Expecting Buhari to fix Nigeria is like expecting Keke Napep to win a Formula one race .
na wa for you!
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Myde4naija(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
LOGOBELT:
Ok ooooo

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact
I get one asipre one mini with broken screen, can you fix it too
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by ScotMisile: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
OakConsultNG:
Good one...

Meanwhile, did you know you can get your company registered with CAC for as little as #59,000? Well, check our profile for contact details to enjoy this offer. ..0807-525-6644..

Ahhhhhh.. .As little as N59, 000... .fear God naaa. ..
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by LOGOBELT: 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
Myde4naija:
I get one asipre one mini with broken screen, can you fix it too
yeah sure, pls check my signature to chat me on whatsapp
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by MrVagina: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83731816:
Good project.......
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by MiddleDimension: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Biodun556:

That's PDP for you.

Dangote actually got license under Jonathan but construction didn't start till Buhari came in and issued more than ten license to other companies to build more refineries.
not true! the place was a swamp when they started. during the time of Jonathan, thry had to do massive sand filling. ask those who witnessed the sand filling. it is 8 times the size of VI. that was going tp take some time, right? it was sand filled by connecting pipe, giant pipes from the Ocean to the place.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Cajal(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Charly68:
Very stupid set of people,watching an individual doing what a Govt couldn't do .
...people like atiku would have sold it if...
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by rexwalters: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Charly68:
Very stupid set of people,watching an individual doing what a Govt couldn't do .
Mumu stop showing your economic ignorance in public, Goverments don't build refineries, The Federal Government once upon a time ownwd shares in cement companies, were are the companies today, Alhaji Dangote and abdulrahman Rabiu bought them, how many refineries does the British, American or French Government own, refining of petroleum products is private Enterprise, it is a business, our Boyz here in the creeks have modular refineries were they cook the crude oil, but the FG will not issue licenses, but we are waiting.

Timpire Silva knows he won't be minister forever, so his aids should be filming very part of the dangote refinery so as to send the blueprint back to the ND for more feasibility studies.

Privatize NNPC that is the key, which will be done once Dangote's refinery comes on stream, and breaks the monpoly of NNPC.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by VULCAN(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Who are you referring to as "we"

Are you a member of Dangote's nuclear family or are you a shareholder in the coy?

Oshigun:

Yes. Yet Dangote is showing bravery plunging a massive amount of his money into a project pivotal for the development of Nigeria that no one, not even the FG, showed the appetite to take on. Let the man profit from the fruit of his labour because Nigeria profits far more. I understand the refinery's output will meet domestic demand 100% and even provide PMS and refined derivatives of crude we can export to gain income and foreign exchange. The greatest thing to happen to Nigeria since 1999 in my opinion.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
VULCAN:
Who are you referring to as "we"

Are you a member of Dangote's nuclear family or are you a shareholder in the coy?

We as in Nigerians.

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Angelfrost(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
PapaBaby:
Dangote enroute to another lucrative monopoly.

En route??!... That nigga is already sitting on the damn throne!!!

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Jones4190(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
THIS IS ECONOMICS NOT POLITICS, PLEASE!
In May 2015 PMB was inaugurated
In Dec 2015 Argentina President Macri was inaugurated
1. International monetary fund (IMF) offered Nigeria & Argentina a loan
Argentina received $50bn from IMF
PMB declined.
2. IMF ask Nigeria & Argentina to devalue their currency.
Argentina devalued their currency by 566%.
PMB resist devaluation of Naira.
3. IMF ask Nigeria & Argentina to stop defending their currency.
Argentina stop defending their currency through their central bank.
CBN defend our currency & put dollar withdrawal limit to $1000 monthly. That was when some foreign students rain curses on PMB.
LET'S COMPARE ARGENTINA & NIGERIA TODAY.
Argentina can't pay the $50bn they borrowed from IMF.
Nigeria has 0.0000 debt from IMF.
Today inflation (cost of goods) in Argentina is 54.3%
Inflation in Nigeria is 11.24%
Argentina now put monthly dollar withdrawal limit to $200.
Nigeria now lift it's dollar withdrawal limit.
Had PMB not hold his ground & reject IMF offer we may end up like Argentina.
Nigeria is heading towards the right direction and am proud to be part of this Evolution.

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by IMAliyu(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
lexy2014:

I don't really like conspiracy theories.
But the problem with the Nigerian refineries is that it is run by government officials that are either incompetent or self serving and hence why they don't operate like they need to.
Or here is my conspiracy theory the government officials in charge of petroleum in Nigeria profit from Nigeria not being able to refine it's own crude oil. Maybe they have a deal with foreign refineries and they get a cut from the profit those refineries make. So to them it's profitable to sabotage Nigerian refineries.
As for the dangote refinery, it just seems to me like a private entity that's taking a calculated risk in a market with no competition. The first time dangote tried to buy some Nigerian refineries from the government he was denied.

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by General0847: 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]
Nobody cares about your opinion
Good reply to that bigot.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by optimus106(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
Why is this rubbish allowed here @op

[quoteq author=okinfhyrrbv post=83731779]wonder shall never end[/quote]
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by 2naira50kobo: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2019

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Abdulnur(m): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Waakanda:
This your CV is a template from WPS na
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by haulagehandlers(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
sammyj:
grin grin Interested in another man business as if they own the business instead of setting up new refineries in the interest of the people of Nigeria. Government has become extremely lazy this days!!! angry angry angry
Me thought government "has no other business than governance"so the minister of state is carrying out his duty.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by haulagehandlers(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Stop decieving yourself dude , Buhari can never ever achieve anything positive for Nigeria because he doesn't have the capacity .. Expecting Buhari to fix Nigeria is like expecting Keke Napep to win a Formula one race .
Buh no be bubu go dia nah.....and na be government projects na....although dem don abandon their own....
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by lexy2014: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oshigun:

We would be here all day providing answers for the questions you ask. In summation, I don't care it is Dangote and I don't care he now enjoys another monopoly. This is transformational for Nigeria, on so many level, and if you cannot be happy for our nation and can only highlight negatives then good luck to you.

U should be able to make a distinction between being happy 4 dangote and being happy 4 Nigeria. If u are going to spend all day answering my questions, then u aren't ready to accept d reality that is staring u in d face. D questions are straight forward and simple and am very certain u no d answers. But let's all look d other way& tell ourselves all is well while deep down inside we no that it isn't
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by lexy2014: 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oshigun:

The functional and most modern can be retained to add capacity to the production of Lekki and add stock to our export capacity. Others that need upgrading and are currently not operational can be sold transparently - which I am sure will be the case under PMB and APC.

All in all, It is not an issue to overthink or cast in negative light. It is like a man who has one house and gains 4 more to now have five. How can that be negative when he is richer and has more options to include using some for rental income or business purposes such as hospitality i.e hotels, student hostel etc.

D question I asked is what is d state of Nigerias four refineries. I can't seem to draw a correlation between d question I asked and d comment u made
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Charly68: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
witworth:
its better this way, its not even good for any country if governments own companies.
best comment so far

Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by lexy2014: 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
IMAliyu:

I don't really like conspiracy theories.
But the problem with the Nigerian refineries is that it is run by government officials that are either incompetent or self serving and hence why they don't operate like they need to.
Or here is my conspiracy theory the government officials in charge of petroleum in Nigeria profit from Nigeria not being able to refine it's own crude oil. Maybe they have a deal with foreign refineries and they get a cut from the profit those refineries make. So to them it's profitable to sabotage Nigerian refineries.
As for the dangote refinery, it just seems to me like a private entity that's taking a calculated risk in a market with no competition. The first time dangote tried to buy some Nigerian refineries from the government he was denied.

I didn't give u theories. I only asked questions. If u were able to answer d questions, then u wouldn't have said "As for the dangote refinery, it just seems to me like a private entity that's taking a calculated risk in a market with no competition."

Why is there no competition in d market as u have theorised? That should take u back to d questions I asked.
Re: Timipre Sylva Visits Dangote Oil Refinery by Johnnyessence(m): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
timilehin007:

Na every every minute giant giant materials dey enter. Over billions of naira is spent here already and people are working day and night yet this place never get form...to tell u how much work still dey here. The place big like make they divide the whole Lagos to 3....work wey still dey here ehnnnn...e nevr sure say by 2024 this place go ready..
of course buhari will finish his tenure in 2023, before dangote commission it. 2019 is almost finish and see the level of work in the refinery here. As far as concerned , dangote won't commissioned it in buhari government.

Bola Tinubu: I Won’t Retire From Politics Until I am President Of Nigeria / Drone Pictures Of Senator Dino Melaye's Awareness Campaign In Kaba / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55