Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' (23452 Views)

We Borrowed 5,000metric Tonnes Of Grains From ECOWAS – Mustapha Baba-Shehuri / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Minister Of Works In View: Fashola, Shehuri, Aregbe,adegbite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Area4Area: 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
slowice:
You mean they are smiling to the bank after making Nigerians pay outrageous amount for local rice? Rice that they cannot properly destone, sort and polish? Must we pay heavy amount for poor products?
By their posts you shall know smugglers
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by freethinker01: 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
slowice:
You mean they are smiling to the bank after making Nigerians pay outrageous amount for local rice? Rice that they cannot properly destone, sort and polish? Must we pay heavy amount for poor products?
As in, it's outrageously expensive. Unpolished rice, sold at such a ridiculously high price. I wonder how much they'd have sold it if the quality of their product is on a par with the Thai? Mediocrity at its best. Useless farmers

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Awoo88: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
Local rice is about 18k plus while foreign rice now is about 24k! Those who have money for the foreign are still buying while the local rice is out of the reach of the poor. OGA minister, your head no correct

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by engrfaruq(m): 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
And Rice consumers are frowning to the banks abi? Between the farmers and the consumers who plenty pass? Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by MoIbrahim: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
And some are here wasting time wailing. Instead of starting their own manufacturing business to exploit the opportunity created by Bubu who is fighting to protect local manufacturers.

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Area4Area: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
Kingluqman:
And numerous Nigerians Dey cry to hospitals because the rice wan finish our teeth.

grin
Picture of your broken teeth or ........
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by duwdu: 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
slowice:

See lamentation o... Rice is not banned for personal importation. So you either import what rice you crave if you can't manage what others are able to make available to you locally at their own set price, or grow your own rice. Simple. What's so difficult with that?

P34c3
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by freethinker01: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nurallionaire:
All dos dt says d rice contain stones are idiots

Some of dem hv never even touch an ordinary hoe
Nd u ar talking rubbish
If u quote me I will slap u buharistically.
This is the dumbest post I've seen all year... I pity your progeny

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by edoairways: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
slowice:
grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by omohlexy: 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
rice seller smiling to bank,rice buyers crying to bank. Yoruba will say i ro ni, English man will say irony

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Afonja007: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Everyday for Nigeria na ministers dey talk for people ,fashola minister of darkness go tell the world say for Nigeria light na 24/7 mean while no light,amechi go tell the world say y Nigeria train system better pass German own,minister of education go tell you say unilag better pass Oxford university, this one na no go let farmers talk for them selves ,na God go punish all of them one day

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by meccuno: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
The closure of Nigerian borders has energised rice farmers in the country who are now smiling to the bank due, the Minister for State for Agriculture and Rural Development, Mustapha Shehuri, has said.

According to a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES by the agriculture ministry, Mr Shehuri said this at the Livestock House of the ministry in Mando, Kaduna State on Saturday.

“They are smiling to the banks with the impressive sales they have recorded and this opportunity has created more jobs, not only in rice production but also livestock and other commodities,” he said.

Apart from the closure of the borders, which the minister says has benefitted the rice farmers, the federal government has also implemented major policies to favour local production of rice, Nigeria’s major staple food.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the government’s Anchor Borrowers Programme, despite its numerous challenges, has contributed to local rice production.

According to the Central Bank of Nigeria, “the programme thrust of the Anchor Borrowers Programme is provision of farm inputs in kind and cash (for farm labour) to smallholder farmers to boost production of these commodities, stabilise inputs supply to agro-processors and address the country’s negative balance of payments on food.”

The programme, among other things, is expected to increase banks’ financing to the agriculture sector and to create a new generation of farmers as well as to boost employment.

In his speech, the agric minister described Nigerian farmers as a very determined and hard-working workforce.

He said they work tirelessly even without assistance from the government to improve the country’s economy and put food on the table of Nigerian homes.

“We look at agriculture as an enterprising business and we assure Nigerians of better jobs from the type of growth that will result from it,” he said.

The minister also assured farmers that the government will sell equipment to them at 50 per cent discount.

This is to support and make farming equipment accessible to local farmers in order to achieve food sufficiency and economic growth in Nigeria, he said.

Mr Shehuri said his visit was basically to ensure that the staff and management team of the ministry in the Kaduna office worked in tandem with the objectives of the government in improving the farmers capacity towards achieving food security for the teeming population of Nigeria.

“We will ensure that the equipment and farm inputs procured by the ministry get directly to the people they are meant for (farmers) because they are the bedrock of government investment designed to achieve the government’s policy of economic diversification and growth through the agricultural sector,” he said.

The minister said farming equipment would be subsidised to show the government’s commitment and determination to improve farmers production capacity and actualise the food sufficiency policy and income generation of the current administration.

In his remarks, the North West Zonal Director, FMARD, Mathew Owolabi, pledged the support of the zone to achieve its mandate and the Next Level agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari in the agriculture sector, in terms of job creation, economic growth and food security.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/agriculture/agric-news/360990-border-closure-nigerian-rice-farmers-smiling-to-the-bank-minister.html?
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by meccuno: 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
Devilfriend:

Yen yen yen...

You no get shame at all.

One pesin smile to the bank among over 250m people because of border closure and you are here typing rubbish.

Anyway, let me leave you till tomorrow I need to sleep in time so that I will be able to wake up in time.

I must beat Ajah traffic so that I will have about 1 and half hours to deal with you here on Nairaland before I go to my sit tomorrow morning.

I must not cheat nature because of suya seller.

Straight to my bed!
grin
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by meccuno: 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83745914:

No food for a lazy man.
The Lazy youths that are not ready to work will all be at the wits end, while the hardworking and honest Nigerians are smiling to the bank everyday.

Slow and steady we are moving to a New and better Nigeria.
God bless our darling nation.

Good governance.
God bless our darling President Muhammadu Buhari for all that he is doing to make our once battered and raped nation work again.
It will end in praise.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
[/s]

2 Likes

[s]
post=83745919:

Another one?
From the next step to the NEXT LEVEL!

Your moniker Confirms it all!

Some people ask; where are the achievements? Well, if they are of such mindset, unfortunately they can't be helped. We don't have the authority to mix spittle with clay, put on their eyes, and direct them to go to Siloam pool, wash, and come back seeing. Once anybody decides to be willfully blind, no matter what you push in front of his eyes, he wouldn't see. If he decides to be willfully deaf, even if there are thunder peals by his ears, he won't hear.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Area4Area: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
freethinker01:
It is you that should be feeling sorry for yourself and progeny for lying.
In markets all over the country, we have different brands of local rice from the destoned and well polished rice to the unmilled ones with stones, the Sellers would even tell you if you ask.
They would even tell you to buy the destoned and milled one if you are not good at removing the stones from the unmilled stoney rice, that one is mostly for people and owners of canteens and those already versed in the act.
So stop spreading lies
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by meccuno: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
freethinker01:

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by jaxxy(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jaybnjamin:

Have never seen someone so jobless and inept like you dude.
How can masturbating all over topics on Nairaland be your work on a daily.
Dude you dey try shaa.
Which time you come dey get for your grills

How do u know it’s a dude? Lol
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by ordovicianonly(f): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
Expensive locally grown rice � filled with stones ,potorpotor . Nigerians are not smiling while some sets of Abokis are smiling to the bank. If you wantNigerians to smile � laugh jump up then the rice should be sold cheaper,more available at 100naira per derica

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by kaffyadeakeem(f): 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Which bank
Which smile
Olofo minister

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by BuhariDcow: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Smiling to the bank at the expense of the populace..

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by shandybaba: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
Smile to the bank my foot. I wonder wot the newly formed Economy team are doing or advising the govt. Nigerians are the one that will lose in the long run. Must we all die of hunger before we reason at all. Wot policy is govt doing presently in term of food production in large quantity and price reduction . All we are just hearing is border closed and farmers are smiling to the banks. We need to open our border for comparative advantage. If not, we would continue to eat stone and unrefined rice at high cost that at the end of the day, we would just find out that we are suffering ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by wirinet(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Freshbaba95:
Rice that is full of stone, and very expensive for that matter.
That is rice that was not passed through a destoning machine.

I bought rice from Abakiliki last week at N18k and it has no single stone. The only issue is that it was not as white as imported rice.

Below is the rice and the destoning machine

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by geedup(m): 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
HMMM....REMEMBER WHEN THOSE RICE FARMERS FROM THE NORTH DONATED 5 BILLION NAIRA FOR BUHARI'S 2ND TERM CAMPAIGN? HOW ELSE CAN HE REPAY THEM? DO THE MATH

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
wirinet:

I bought rice from Abakiliki last week at N18k and it has no single stone. The only issue is that it was not as white as imported rice.

Please, what is the name of the rice you bought for that amount?

Also, you posted the picture of the destoning machine, does that mean you did the destoning yourself or what?

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Freshbaba95(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
wirinet:

Yes, Abakaliki rice is the father of them all. But it can't serve the whole country for now

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by wirinet(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, what is the name of the rice you bought for that amount?

Also, you posted the picture of the destoning machine, does that mean you did the destoning yourself or what?
A staff went to Abakiliki last week, he called to inform me that rice business was booming in Abakiliki and ask if he should buy me a bag. I told him I am skeptical of Nigerian rice, because the ones my wife had been buying in Lagos has stones in them. He assured me of the quality and educated me on the processes the rice goes through to make sure it is good. I then told him to send me pictures and videos, which he did.

He got the rice to Lagos, destoned, polished and bagged at N18,000k.

Below is the rice after it has been bagged.

My wife and children love the rice.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Unghost: 12:11am On Nov 05, 2019
slowice:

you fool.....can YOU properly destone.....stupid Nigerian .....unpatriotic citizen
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by DeHumbleTboy: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2019
Offpoint:
Any guy/man who doesn't eat Fufu is a gay...
Not surprised your name said it all.

Goodnight
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 05, 2019
gbebodye:
[s]It's actually good news if "our Nigerian rice farmers" are smiling to the bank o...it's about time

cool[/s]
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Ken4agent(m): 12:50am On Nov 05, 2019
We plantain farmers hope to smile to the Bank someday too grin
Re: Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' by Endevil: 12:54am On Nov 05, 2019
NEWS

Shaibu Calls For Increased Funding Of Army

Published

7 months ago 

on

April 15, 2019

The acting governor of Edo, Mr Philip Shaibu, has called for increased funding of the Nigerian Army to ensure efficient performance.

Shaibu made the call when the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen, Tukur Buratai, paid him a courtesy visit on Monday in Benin.

According to him, “There was this seriousness in you in the aspect of increased funding of the Nigerian Army during your budget presentation at the National Assembly.

” Edo State government wants to join in appealing to our National Assembly members for an increment of funding of the Nigerian Army.

” The national assembly members should treat the passage of increased budget with first line charge so that they can help us to deal with the issues of the security challenges we are facing.

“But the soldiers won’t fight insurgency with their bare hands, so there is need for an increment in the budget of our army, ” Shaibu said.

The acting governor also assured the army of the state government`s readiness to assist in the burial of a former Military Administrator of the then Mid West region, Maj.-Gen. David Ejoor.

Earlier, Buratai said that he was in the state on an official visit to army formations in the South – South Zone and to pay a condolence visit to the family of Ejoor and as well deliver a lecture at Igbinedion University Okada.

He said that the death of the former military administrator was a huge loss to the army and the people of Edo and Delta.

Buratai gave an assurance that the army and other security agencies would continue to partner to protect lives and property of Edo people and other regio

100 routes created by smugglers is Nigeria safe? You need more military to patrol your busy borders since Nigeria is the economic capital of Africa.

Wake up out your slumber

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Visits Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu (photos) / APC Primaries: Defeated Sokoto Senator Slaps House Of Reps Member. / Emeka Kalu, DG Atiku Agenda 2019 In A Meeting With Atiku (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.