Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Prophet Muhammad In The Bible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (3718 Views)

Buhari Must Not Near Aso Rock For Now; Fayose Will Go To Jail- Prophet Tibetan / Is Muhammad In Heaven Or Hell? / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by LagosShia: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
seyibrown:

[b]It is impossible for any human to fulfil all the Laws of the OLD COVENANT. A COVENANT IS AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN PARTIES. THE OLD COVENANT IS THE IS THE AGREEMENT THE ISRAELITES MADE WITH GOD, CONSENTING TO KEEP THE LAWS GOD GAVE THEM. THE COVENANT IS NOT THE LAW ITSELF, IT IS ONLY THE AGREEMENT. The Israelites did not keep the AGREEMENT WITH GOD, they kept sinning and the consequences of breaking the agreement was that DEATH and CURSES. You will have noticed that there was provision for sin under the old covenant and also punishment. Animals were regularly sacrificed to take away their sins but it still did not take away their sins. The only way to redeem them was A NEW COVENANT because they had defaulted on the old covenant. Under the NEW COVENANT, the blood of Jesus is the once and for all sacrifice for sins so there is no need for the daily sacrifice of rams to take away sins, and the Spirit of God living in our hearts to help us keep the Laws of God is only available under this new covenant.

we do not also say that humans are robots.life is all about trial and struggle to attain the best.no matter what you have no right to cherry-pick which laws should be followed and which are allowed to be forgotten and ignored.that will give more room to disobedience and sin.the law is complete,human are the ones who fall short of observing what is best for them.based on the words of Jesus,all the law is intact.
Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by seyibrown(f): 3:28am On Nov 22, 2010
LagosShia:

we do not also say that humans are robots.life is all about trial and struggle to attain the best.no matter what you have no right to cherry-pick which laws should be followed and which are allowed to be forgotten and ignored.that will give more room to disobedience and sin.the law is complete,human are the ones who fall short of observing what is best for them.based on the words of Jesus,all the law is intact.

LagosShia,
Do you think it is the duty of a Muslim to dictate which 'Christian Laws' a Christian should follow? I think the best person to point out which 'Christian Laws' a Christian should follow will themselves be a Christian. I as a Christian cannot point out what 'Islamic Laws' you should follow because I do not follow those 'Islamic Laws' myself. I  be an hypocrite, not being a Muslim and not practising what I am preaching to you. To point out which Christian Laws a Christian should follow, you need to be a Christian first. Would it not be strange, hypocritical, and out of place for an atheist or bhuddist to insist that as a Muslim you ought to pray 50 times a day rather than 5 times a day since that was the original direction given to Mohammed (and later lowered to 5 times - Please correct me on this 'revelation' point if I am wrong)?

What do you think?
Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by LagosShia: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2010
@seyi

no one is dictating to you.we are only asking you to abide by the laws in your own bible that are said that Jesus came to fulfill them and not to cherry-pick.we know there are contradictions,especially where Paul nailed the laws on the cross but that is not right.

in islam,it is what the Prophet practiced we follow.so i expect you that you do the same and follow Jesus and not just any jack,tom and harry who claims a vision and is supported by the emperor.
Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by seyibrown(f): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2010
LagosShia:

@seyi

no one is dictating to you.we are only asking you to abide by the laws in your own bible that are said that Jesus came to fulfill them and not to cherry-pick.we know there are contradictions,especially where Paul nailed the laws on the cross but that is not right.

in islam,it is what the Prophet practiced we follow.so i expect you that you do the same and follow Jesus and not just any jack,tom and harry who claims a vision and is supported by the emperor.

[b]Let me put it this way; I f I wanted to convince you that you ought to be a SUNNI MUSLIM and not a SHIA MUSLIM, would it not be better coming from me as a SUNNI MUSLIM, seeing as I would be one who believes the true way is definitely SUNNI and I practice such? Would I not be an hypocrite dictating ASKING you to be SUNNI when I myself I am SHIA and would never think of being SUNNI? Does is not make you ask why I know what LIGHT and TRUTH is, preach it to others but choose to remain in DARKNESS?

Is it not important that WE PRACTICE what WE PREACH? Would it not be hypocritical of FELA if he were preaching 'ONE MAN - ONE WOMAN' during his lifetime considering that he had nor regard for such a life-style? Is not possible that such a person is pointing out the 'speck' in another person's eye when there is a gigantic 'plank' in his own eye'? I am suggesting that if you are preaching 'MOSAIC LAW' as the TRUE LAW from the TRUE GOD, you ought be a follower of MOSAIC LAW yourself!

What do you think?[/b]
Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by LagosShia: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2010
seyibrown:

[b]Let me put it this way; I f I wanted to convince you that you ought to be a SUNNI MUSLIM and not a SHIA MUSLIM, would it not be better coming from me as a SUNNI MUSLIM, seeing as I would be one who believes the true way is definitely SUNNI and I practice such? Would I not be an hypocrite dictating ASKING you to be SUNNI when I myself I am SHIA and would never think of being SUNNI? Does is not make you ask why I know what LIGHT and TRUTH is, preach it to others but choose to remain in DARKNESS?

Is it not important that WE PRACTICE what WE PREACH? Would it not be hypocritical of FELA if he were preaching 'ONE MAN - ONE WOMAN' during his lifetime considering that he had nor regard for such a life-style? Is not possible that such a person is pointing out the 'speck' in another person's eye when there is a gigantic 'plank' in his own eye'? I am suggesting that if you are preaching 'MOSAIC LAW' as the TRUE LAW from the TRUE GOD, you ought be a follower of MOSAIC LAW yourself!

What do you think?[/b]

no!there is nothing bad in that.there is no hyporcrisy in that.i am even well pleased when a sunni brother shows interest to talk about islam and know about shia islam or tries to prove his own and what is of importance.the most important thing is for everyone to have reason and evidence to back up what he believes.if you believe it is the truth,prove it.very simple.it is my aim to guide you and you too will think likewise.

if i make sense and i am able to make my case and you see my point,your conscience will drive you to the truth.
i will conclude by quoting 3 important verses:

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.(holy Quran 16:125)

Whatever argument they come up with, We reveal to thee (O Muhammad) the truth of it, and the best explanation (thereof) (Holy Quran – Chapter Al-Furqan 25, verse 33)

And they say: “None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian.” Those are their (vain) desires. Say: “Produce your proof if ye are truthful.” (Quran 2:111)
Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by omojeesu(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible by Luckyolu: 12:17am On May 28, 2022
This topic have being long why will someone accept Muhammad. The person that said Satan give him verses. Satanic verses indeed. That's why kameni put 3 million dollars bounty on Amad Rushdie head. Religion that was base on lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should He Pay His Tithe To His Parents? / Cobwebs Attacks : It's No Joke.your Life May Be Miserable For Long / Encounter With Jesus That Changed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.