Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (40298 Views)

Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by dazzlingd(m): 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
tonididdy:

So apparently the animals and insects deserve to live a better life than humans.

Well done sir.

Either u are suffering of illiteracy or poor comprehension or both
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
He collected all your savings to add to a project (a personal apartment??).

I don't understand why people rush to build apartments. It is absolutely needless when you still struggle to meet your basic needs.

Advise your husband to;

1) Quit daydreaming about a juicy political offer. This venture never ends well when you don't have a job/business, trade, skill, etc. After 4 or 8 years of tasting little money as a counselor or special adviser (assuming he gets the offer), the situation will get worse. I've seen too many examples.

2) Sell off the uncompleted project.

3) Use the proceeds of the sales for business (this should be your focus and priority).

A house project won't put food on your table. A lot of Nigerians make this mistake. The urge to be called a landlord push many into shanty houses that ordinarily should be left for poultry and pig farming.

There's so much ignorance in the land. Tenancy is not bondage. Stop attending churches where tenants are demonized. There's no glory in being a broke landlord. Remain where you are and divert your money to a productive venture. That's how to grow. Your personal apartment may help you save a little (assuming you pay a lot on rent) but it won't put N1 on your table.

N.B: Please ignore the above if my interpretation of "project" differs.

A lot of people won't understand what you mean , I do .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
Bostin:
@Op let me tell you this bitter truth, you're a big problem in your marriage and you could destroy it anytime soon. For you to have come on public forum and described your husband as a broke insensitive person makes you unmannered and rude. Why called him broke and not financially challenged husband , remember he's your husband with children and not boyfriend. You only bragged how you took up the responsibilities in his present difficult time and reduced him to nothing , but you failed to say or appreciate what he has done in the past from the start when things was rosy. You think any man will be happy to be in such situation,have you forgotten nothing last forever. Your calling him names and disrespectful could break your marriage and you may not be part of his success story when he rise up again . I have a politician uncle like that , his wife fed him and children for four years , now Uncle just completed a 15m house with two cars at a time . So madam when you're enduring , respect him and pray for him with Love . God bless your home .
Financially challenge is simply buttered version of broke. Everyone understands broke
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by bukatyne(f): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

The post was shocking.
I have always said it, we Nigerian women enable our men and also push them to do some funny and unthinkable things so that we will belong.
And when they start treating us cruelly, we will start crying and screaming.
Just look at these two ladies.
One married a career politician with no work and another is telling her to continue praying for miracle to happen.
What miracle?
Politicians that have made us the poverty capital.of the world?
That kill with impunity?
That divert money meant for development for personal use?
I give up.

I have studied the Nigerian adult world a lot
Our men are pressurised so much by society to live up to a certain standard. Once u don't meet such, your mum, sisters ,relatives, girlfriends and wives will come for your neck. How u meet up to those standards is none of their business.
They want to shine. It's a huge burden. Now if they make that money, they will start treating you like trash as the know u value money more than them.
Sometimes I don't blame those that castigate women a lot. They had their experiences with our women.
I just hope we will do away with that killer mindset.

The more you relate with the average Nigerian, the more you understand that we have no morality.

You would also understand that the men and women fit each other.

I have since figured that an average 'Nigerian' women wouldn't respect a gentle man so the average 'Nigerian' man treats his woman like trash to keep her on 'her toes' and respectful.

EFCC was still complaining that the mother of Yahoo boys' have started forming an association: https://punchng.com/updated-mothers-of-yahoo-boys-now-have-an-association-magu/

The more one looks, the less one sees and understands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Thomanad(m): 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
I really go with acidosis point of view.....
The mentality of becoming a landlord at all cost really baffles me....... Building a house when you don't have a steady stream of income is suffering grade one.
Instead of putting all your resources in a house that isn't an investment is wrong.
The proper way is use that money to invest in a business with minimum risk but a sure profit... And use the profits from the business in building the house. I have a land, but I will never venture into building till I have a stream of income that would build the house....
Back to the topic.... Madam just spend your money to repair the net and take care of yourself and kids. Your husband as gotten it wrong with his mentality ( he doesn't plan on serving his fatherland, he wants the money)

NB: My opinion.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by TEYA: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

It is NOT going to pay off on the short or long run. Not having a job and not being able to pay rent is more than enough reason to avoid spending all resources on a building project. Many of our aged parents made this mistake. A lot of them died poor with nothing. Only the children benefited at the end of the day by selling off the property.

Landlord harassment is not enough to provoke one into building a personal apartment. That anger should make you work harder to pay your rent, not spend what you don't have raising a shanty house.

The desire to raise one's income should supercede the desire to "lower" expenditure/expenses.

How can you even lower expenses by spending so much on a personal house?

Do a quick calculation;

Annual rent = N100k

Personal apartment/land = N2-3m (in a small town)

What's the sense in the above? 3m is rent for 30 years (assumed 0 inflation). Add 30 to your current age and tell me what you have.

That 3m in mutual funds, or a risk-free investment like TBills will yield at least 350k annually with 0 work. From that, you pay your rent easily, and increase your networth in a sporadic manner over a very short timeframe.

Acidosis, this is something most of our people don't understand, this calculation you just did is like advanced calculus to them I wonder why. A personal house is not an asset, it is a liability. - Robert Kiyosaki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by mechanics(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
Just be patient with him and keep on assisting him, it's well with you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by emmaodet: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
AleAirHub:
My husband has been so broke for years now = Madam you are a disgrace to motherhood if you can call your husband such name public simply because of the financial challenge in your family right now.

he never gets money if we have an emergency for my kid's sickness, school fees, etc = Before you run here for a matured advice, can you please outline the major steps you took when your husband was not meeting the family emergency needs?.

I am not employed at the moment but I struggle and hustle the little way I can to assist in the house upkeep. = No too much big deal about that because you are doing it because of your children and family at large because my Late mum did more than that when she was alive. marriage is not always a bed of roses, gold, diamond sometimes unplanned event occur.

Now our room window net split and there is a big bush just around the window. = Madam please buy a very cheap rubber net and ask someone to fix it for you and also get a cheap chemical from the market, spray on the big bush around your window.

He leaves the house every day to come back very late, cause he still serves these political big guys = Woman hide your shame, Biko, I guess when the going was smooth and cool you enjoyed all the benefit and even agree to marry him as well.

My Advice for you.

Call your husband's attention in a manner that he will give you listening ears both of you should brainstorm intensively about the family challenges and ask him ways you both can overcome them. Then also tell him on how you too can be supportive too as well, I bet you your husband will listen to you.

@All Men.
Please have at your back of mind that receiving salary alone will never guarantee your family financial freedom. Skills and investment will help you in a long way in family finances.

Please don't get married to any woman if you are not sure of your financial freedom because if you do, the outcome will be HELL ON EARTH.

Well, you raised good points sir but with the way things are going - Ara o ro oku, ara o ro ediye ni ooo.
Which literarily translate to - If men are struggling to meet ends meet and advised not to settle down because of it, then the women should also be bracing up to face the harsh reality of life by hustling to feed and cater for themselves.
Sometimes i laugh at ladies brokeshaming guys foolishly hoping they will escape poor guys but ...... What is the percentage of stable guys? How many girls will get them?
Which means whether they like it or not, alot of women will have to leave and feed themselves and that is when reality will hit them like stone say e no easy for anybody.
A poor population of men will translate to a poor population of women directly or indirectly.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by safarigirl(f): 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
Gforce2015:

There are wise woman and there are foolish... She supposed to even be grateful that the guy hasn't absconded and leave her to continue push the family loads until their Childrenhave graduated..
lol, what kind of foolish and irresponsible talk is this? She should bw grateful he hasn't abandoned his own kids? Is it her surname they bear? When they gain prominence, is it her name that people will mention or his own name?

Tomorrow, you people will say women turn their kids against their husbands, meanwhile someone like you is advising men to turn thwir backs on their kids.

May God not lead us into misfortune with someone with this mindset. Rubbish talk from a small boy with a small mind.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Bostin(m): 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Financially challenge is simply buttered version of broke. Everyone understands broke
In marriage the former shows more respect and love than the latter term. Is like your husband telling you he want to Bleep you rather than saying making love to you .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by frozen70g(f): 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I just created a new account for this post, please i need mature advice. My husband has been so broke for years now, he never ever gets money if we have any emergency for my kids sickness, school fees, etc. He likes hallucinating about how he will be rich by getting one juicy political appointment cause he is into politics. Sometimes he hustles to just get food and it ends there(this does not come often), no basic needs like school fees etc. Before you judge me as not being supportive, i am not employed at the moment but i struggle and hustle the little way i can to assist in the house upkeep. I paid school fees, i even gave him a large some to add to our ongoing project but the money unfortunately didn't complete it.

Now our room window net spoit and there is a big bush just around the window. He is not doing anything about fixing the window net as usual, i didn't nag him. I just closed the windows permanently, but i noticed this morning that he opened the windows through out last night, same as the night before. My two children sleep on the same bed. He had to put us at risk like that just for ventilation sake without considering what could creep into our room.

Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.
NOTE: He leaves the house everyday to come back very late, cause he still serves this political big guys yet there is nothing to show for it.

He doesn't have the money to get a window net, pls get a net and nail and give him to knack on the old one, even a lay man can do that

As for you the ones you can do, do it and the ones you can't do leave it

As fir your project hold on until you guys sort yourself out

Let him try teaching in ant near by school if that can make a difference

The people he is hoping or serving on pending when the politics will favour him are also hoping on the people in power to favour them before it gets to him

Once he us nit violent at home, pls endure, it will be alright soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by franchasng: 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I just created a new account for this post, please i need mature advice. My husband has been so broke for years now, he never ever gets money if we have any emergency for my kids sickness, school fees, etc. He likes hallucinating about how he will be rich by getting one juicy political appointment cause he is into politics. Sometimes he hustles to just get food and it ends there(this does not come often), no basic needs like school fees etc. Before you judge me as not being supportive, i am not employed at the moment but i struggle and hustle the little way i can to assist in the house upkeep. I paid school fees, i even gave him a large some to add to our ongoing project but the money unfortunately didn't complete it.

Now our room window net spoit and there is a big bush just around the window. He is not doing anything about fixing the window net as usual, i didn't nag him. I just closed the windows permanently, but i noticed this morning that he opened the windows through out last night, same as the night before. My two children sleep on the same bed. He had to put us at risk like that just for ventilation sake without considering what could creep into our room.

Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.
NOTE: He leaves the house everyday to come back very late, cause he still serves this political big guys yet there is nothing to show for it.
This is the reason Nigeria and black African nations remain backward with super corrupt leaders heading positions of authority.

How can somebody take politics as his or her full time job for heavens sake

This only happens in Nigeria.

Go and read Abraham Maslow's theory, politics is at the end of the human ladder of achievement.

Politics should only be for successful people in their various chosen careers, business, etc who finally want to serve their people by delivering quality service not job opportunity or employment someone should be doing to make money or like a paid job. No wonder Nigerian politicians are all thieves parading themselves as leaders angry

On your current situation, my little advice is this; calmly explain the reason why the window net needs to be fixed asap, make sure you make him understand is for the safety of his kids, men don't joke with their children, but if your husband don't care about the safety of his little kids, madam I am sorry to say that you are on a very long thing because even if by chance or mistake or voodoo your husband happens to get the so called juicy political appointment he is daydreaming about, he will leave you and the kids and marry a younger girl or start keeping lots of younger girls for showoffs and maybe after the political appointment is over and he has blown all the money he made from there away, he will run back to you begging for forgiveness.

Meanwhile, you must stop making babies until you and your husband's economic and financial situation changes for good. Don't bring in more kids in this uncertain situation please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by franchasng: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
frozen70g:

He doesn't have the money to get a window net, pls get a net and nail and give him to knack on the old one, even a lay man can do that

As for you the ones you can do, do it and the ones you can't do leave it

As fir your project hold on until you guys sort yourself out

Let him try teaching in ant near by school if that can make a difference

The people he is hoping or serving on pending when the politics will favour him are also hoping on the people in power to favour them before it gets to him

Once he us nit violent at home, pls endure, it will be alright soon
A man that is daydreaming to be appointed as the Minister of Nigeria will bring down his ego to teach or nail a window net

I don't think you read the op's initial post and have a discerning mind to read who her husband is undecided
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by wisdomkid: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
khallebb:
Take him for deliverance, he's possessed.
cool
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by franchasng: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
AleAirHub:
My husband has been so broke for years now = Madam you are a disgrace to motherhood if you can call your husband such name public simply because of the financial challenge in your family right now.

he never gets money if we have an emergency for my kid's sickness, school fees, etc = Before you run here for a matured advice, can you please outline the major steps you took when your husband was not meeting the family emergency needs?.

I am not employed at the moment but I struggle and hustle the little way I can to assist in the house upkeep. = No too much big deal about that because you are doing it because of your children and family at large because my Late mum did more than that when she was alive. marriage is not always a bed of roses, gold, diamond sometimes unplanned event occur.

Now our room window net split and there is a big bush just around the window. = Madam please buy a very cheap rubber net and ask someone to fix it for you and also get a cheap chemical from the market, spray on the big bush around your window.

He leaves the house every day to come back very late, cause he still serves these political big guys = Woman hide your shame, Biko, I guess when the going was smooth and cool you enjoyed all the benefit and even agree to marry him as well.

My Advice for you.

Call your husband's attention in a manner that he will give you listening ears both of you should brainstorm intensively about the family challenges and ask him ways you both can overcome them. Then also tell him on how you too can be supportive too as well, I bet you your husband will listen to you.

@All Men.
Please have at your back of mind that receiving salary alone will never guarantee your family financial freedom. Skills and investment will help you in a long way in family finances.

Please don't get married to any woman if you are not sure of your financial freedom because if you do, the outcome will be HELL ON EARTH.

Thanks for your great comment.

Any guy reading this should also listen and listen carefully: don't ever marry any girl that have no job or business or handwork she is fully dedicated to and earning steady income from, don't do it!

Before you marry any lady, make sure she is doing something legal that earns her a stable income. If she is jobless or unemployed when you met her and you still love her and want to spend your life with her, please help her learn a skill or trade and guide her until she fully start something using her skill.

Marrying an unemployed, jobless lady in 2019 is a huge mistake for any man, don't you ever do it no matter how much money you have now, anything can happen to you tomorrow.

Men living in stable nations like USA, Europe, Australia, Canada, China, etc don't marry unemployed, jobless women, why must you, a Nigerian guy living in a shattered, unstable nation like Nigeria marry a jobless woman in the name of love or in the name of you are rich, who are you, are you richer than Bill Gates whose wife Melinda Gates is also working

Nigerian guys wise up oh or you will spend the rest of your life in misery!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
Because he is broke, you come online to call him broke and insensitive, abi?

I have never seen any girl come online to call a rich dude insensitive before.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by powerkey: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
africanpea:
Stop giving him money! When you have this money buy and repair these very necessary things, save the rest for the kids fees and other important bills.

When he sees your are becoming independent, taking financial decisions without involving him, he will sit up.

He might not take it likely at first but stand firm on holding on to your money and spending it at the right time and purpose.

Be strong lady, marriage has its ups and downs

If any woman takes this advice, I tell you she will end up in her father's house...
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
Bostin:
In marriage the former shows more respect and love than the latter term. Is like your husband telling you he want to Bleep you rather than saying making love to you .
I get your drift now. I pray everything works out for the Op. I pray her husband gets that big break.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by AleAirHub(m): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
emmaodet:

Well, you raised good points sir but with the way things are going - Ara o ro oku, ara o ro ediye ni ooo.
Which literarily translate to - If men are struggling to meet ends meet and advised not to settle down because of it, then the women should also be bracing up to face the harsh reality of life by hustling to feed and cater for themselves.
Sometimes i laugh at ladies brokeshaming guys foolishly hoping they will escape poor guys but ...... What is the percentage of stable guys? How many girls will get them?
Which means whether they like it or not, alot of women will have to leave and feed themselves and that is when reality will hit them like stone say e no easy for anybody.
A poor population of men will translate to a poor population of women directly or indirectly.
Word cool

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by InvertedHammer: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
/
Nothing is wrong with your husband. He is living his life the way he understands it.

The blame is on you for settling and shamelessly procreating with a loser in the first place. In this era, love is not enough. Didn't you vet him before marriage? You even have "kids" with the daydreamer. Oh well!

Take a closer look at the man. That's the best you could do. It is pointless dragging strangers into your misery at this time. People love to learn the hard way. I can only wish you good luck with carrying your cross.
/

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by offshoreking: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hello ma, please do not pick most of this advice you are getting here, most of them are single, but they will jump in any marriage topics, guys marriage issue are for only the married forks not single.

Now back to your question, I believe things are not like this when you get married to him, from experience woman easily get failed up when the union start to experience financial difficulties, is nature, i am not blaming you, man can be spending his money all his life in the marriage, like house rent and school fees, but any day the wife paid for one this from that day the respect for the man start going down, almost 90 % of Nigeria lady have this same problem.
I believe the project your husband started it, and you supporting him now, and also the business you are doing I believe he started it for you.
This is the difficult time, you should be able to think about the pass and how good he have been to you, so think about those positive time, don’t use this present situation To judge, the future is pregnant, so be careful how you treat him now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by frozen70g(f): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
franchasng:
A man that is daydreaming to be appointed as the Minister of Nigeria will bring down his ego to teach or nail a window net

I don't think you read the op's initial post and have a discerning mind to read who her husband is undecided

That is the same problem holding some men back and keeping them stagnant

Pride and ego is the greatest problem a man will bring to him self

Point of correction, he is not waiting for ministerial post but he is a foot soldier looking up to his own person to become one and then he can be his aide

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
safarigirl:
You people should stop marrying useless men that can neither provide money nor help with repairs.

My father is in his sixties and there is nothing he cannot fix in the house. What kind of new generation men do we have?

The net that tore, can't it be sewn if you people can't afford new net? Can't the bush be cleared? He doesn't even have a proper job and common handwork he cannot do.

Even you sef, how can you be jobless and go and marry a jobless person? Did you get pregnant and have to marry him?

Everybody wants to rush into marriage without the requisite means of sustaining a family....and yes, ventilation is a necessity, so, thw window ought to be open, or else you risk meningitis. If you married a lazy slob, you sef help yourself and fix the net.

In all this, it is the unfortunate kids you both brought into your managing life that I pity. Put your house in order, Nairaland cannot help you all the time
Men like your dad are hard to find dear, our generation thinks it's bellow them to be handy.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Uchechi20: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
He collected all your savings to add to a project (a personal apartment??).

I don't understand why people rush to build apartments. It is absolutely needless when you still struggle to meet your basic needs.

Advise your husband to;

1) Quit daydreaming about a juicy political offer. This venture never ends well when you don't have a job/business, trade, skill, etc. After 4 or 8 years of tasting little money as a counselor or special adviser (assuming he gets the offer), the situation will get worse. I've seen too many examples.

2) Sell off the uncompleted project.

3) Use the proceeds of the sales for business (this should be your focus and priority).

A house project won't put food on your table. A lot of Nigerians make this mistake. The urge to be called a landlord push many into shanty houses that ordinarily should be left for poultry and pig farming.

There's so much ignorance in the land. Tenancy is not bondage. Stop attending churches where tenants are demonized. There's no glory in being a broke landlord. Remain where you are and divert your money to a productive venture. That's how to grow. Your personal apartment may help you save a little (assuming you pay a lot on rent) but it won't put N1 on your table.

N.B: Please ignore the above if my interpretation of "project" differs.

Thank you but the house is actually for tenants not for us. It is an investment. What is your take

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Uchechi20: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Sanchez01:

So many of your angles are wrong!

Rent accounts for over 50% of the problems in marriage. In a country where the average Joe barely earns 100k monthly, breaking the barrier of rent is like winning a jackpot. And if you think becoming a broke landlord is insane, wait till you get overwhelmed by financial demands in another man's house while your rent due date edge closer.

Most people think venturing into a business automatically translates to steady inflow. What you don't realize is that mishaps are very common with personal businesses and just one would have been a problem in another man's house as you'd need to secure loans or borrow to temporarily stay afloat. Typical business folks who mostly survive this ugly phase often go as far as selling other stuff they own to stay alive in business. It is not the same with people who don't have other money raising properties to fall back to when things get ugly.

My family stopped paying rent in Lagos since 1999 and growing up, there were moments when money would be scarce but the single thought of not worrying about paying rent eased so many things.

Plus while you brazenly suggest they sell off the property, you failed to ask what state it is situated, which should have been your major concern before going further to talk about whether or not the move was wise.

I think we all should learn to put 'just my opinion' after suggesting some things in this section so that we don't end up destroying lives in the name of counseling. Opinions are opinions and some, if not most are somewhat dangerous.

As unwise as you think the move is, I'd advise you invest your last penny in a landed property and conveniently add swag to soaking your Cassava flakes in your own property, after developing it to a reasonable extent.
Thank you, it is not a residential building though. It is for tenants, a form of investment

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Bostin(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I get your drift now. I pray everything works out for the Op. I pray her husband gets that big break.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Bostin(m): 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Amen , I pray too and to every other people facing difficult time including myself .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Sanchez01: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:

Thank you, it is not a residential building though. It is for tenants, a form of investment
You're welcome. Please, disregard every thought advising you sell off the property.

Plus, fix the net with your own money and try as much as possible not to talk at your husband. I'm sure his ego will be as huge as anything and lack of money will bring out that fiery aspect of him more frequently.

Find a way to connect to him without making him feel you're stamping your authority over him. It is well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nezero(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Sterope:
Awolowo was not an idiot.

Mama was left to care for the children all by herself while Baba pursued his dreams of becoming a lawyer.

She also endured many indecencies brought by Baba's foray into politics.

It was not easy. Baba acknowledged it in his biography.

Lets believe in our men when nobody else does.

Impossible do happens
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by studentofTruth: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

You're increasing the value of inflation but you failed to increase the value of investment. Do you make money and bury in the ground. The reason people pump all their life savings building shanty homes in the first place is because of fear and ignorance. Inflation rate is 12%, so is the current rate of Treasury Bills and mutual funds. Some investments like Agrictech, a few FD even gets you as high as 20% (that's 8% above inflation).

This analogy already nullifies your argument. Money is not to be buried in the ground.

Just 30m? Bro use a Treasury bIlls calculator online to find the true yield of 3m in 30 years @12% annual interest rate.

You have N89m flat!

All these does not justify building a home when you don't have a job or business. There are risks everywhere. Homes get demolished everyday, most get flooded because owners run to creeks in the name of buying cheap land. Some even build on government acquired land and can barely afford the cost of a proper and registered survey/title. Let's not talk about the quality of many homes in Nigeria.

Property as an investment differs from property to become a landlord. Most Nigerians can't put their homes for sale because of generational ignorance and fear of what people will say. Some will rather die than sell their properties to make more money or improve their living conditions.

Everyone without a job or good income must desire a good business. It is a MUST.

Let's have this discussion on business section.

Funny, I don't have time to reply you word for word.

@ Calculations, I used words like "over" "more than" and "less than" because I wasn't quoting the exact figures and was trying to manage expectations.

Of course, money will not be buried in the ground. My point remains that real estate investment outperforms most businesses in Nigeria, and it's relatively safer! Ppty investment is ppty investment, whether private home or commercial building. Being an investment, it grows in value, and the owner can use it to solve their problems when the need arises — I don't buy the idea that people don't sell their investments if necessary! Of what use is the investment if it can't be used to solve a pressing need. Right thinking humans invest to take care of future needs!

Treasury bills is a temporary investment. The return is always below inflation rate. Moreover, for some using the returns to solve personal needs as you initially suggested, the initial capital remains the same.

Are there businesses that will outperform ppty investment, yes! But they're few and may carry more risk.

Send me the link to the business session. I will like to have more discussion on that.

Meanwhile, I will like to know about the Agritech you talked about!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Sterope(f): 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
To become a lawyer, is it a lawyer that is DEFINITELY going to make enough to feed his family? His wife's suffering, if at all there was any, was shortlived. They knew it would end and they knew when. He held other jobs before he went for law.

Mama still had money. Awolowo's politics was not for greed. It was much more, He had a lot to offer and he was a lawyer and a politician. What is the lazy man doing except do boy boy for politicians? What is precluding him for providing for his family whilst he pursue his tall dream to embezzle our national funds?

Apple and oranges please, believe ko believer ni. How dare you compare him to Awolowo? Does Awolowo sound like an idiot to you? Does he sound like a man that would rather mosquitoes bite his children because he doesn't like the heat?

Nezero:

Mama was left to care for the children all by herself while Baba pursued his dreams of becoming a lawyer.

She also endured many indecencies brought by Baba's foray into politics.

It was not easy. Baba acknowledged it in his biography.

Lets believe in our men when nobody else does.

Impossible do happens

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Bostin:
Amen , I pray too and to every other people facing difficult time including myself .
You also facing difficult time? This buhari must go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

John, Peter And Jamie Obidiegwu Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister / My Demon Wife Has Finally Left My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.