Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (40287 Views)

Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by luminouz(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Being smart isn't all about typing big English on Nairaland.

-As at 2016, only 2% of Nigerians owned over 90% of bank's deposits (NDIC report). That is enough to tell any sensible human the gap between the rich and the poor. It is also enough to tell the chance of being a MB in Nigeria.

The NBS website is open to all. You can go there and check recent statistics on your country, Nigeria.

Check unemployment rate, check poverty rate, check dependency ratio, check age-distribution ratio, check life expentancy.

After that you proceed to NDIC and CBN for their various journals and publications.

When you do all that, you won't come online to talk of 1 Mike Bamiloye in a country where over half of the population live below the poverty index. Yet when someone says a million others are unfortunate, you say it is unverified info.

In case you are tempted to give that your ever predictable "okay"- skip it. Regards
K.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Bizibi(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2019
faithfull18:

But it will atleast take away the burden of rent from their expenditures.
exactly,I see rent as a short term thing.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by showafrica(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

It is NOT going to pay off on the short or long run. Not having a job and not being able to pay rent is more than enough reason to avoid spending all resources on a building project. Many of our aged parents made this mistake. A lot of them died poor with nothing. Only the children benefited at the end of the day by selling off the property.

Landlord harassment is not enough to provoke one into building a personal apartment. That anger should make you work harder to pay your rent, not spend what you don't have raising a shanty house.

The desire to raise one's income should supercede the desire to "lower" expenditure/expenses.

How can you even lower expenses by spending so much on a personal house?

Do a quick calculation;

Annual rent = N100k

Personal apartment/land = N2-3m (in a small town)

What's the sense in the above? 3m is rent for 30 years (assumed 0 inflation). Add 30 to your current age and tell me what you have.

That 3m in mutual funds, or a risk-free investment like TBills will yield at least 350k annually with 0 work. From that, you pay your rent easily, and increase your networth in a sporadic manner over a very short timeframe.

Bro, you know real life economics ooo, not the ones they teach in our useless universities. Greetings from maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by pocohantas(f): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Sterope:
So many of them... I don't blame them. The idiots that got lucky have something to say about women who did not believe in their dreams. They always fail to mention the percentage of their friends that will forever struggle.

One would think Mike Bamiloye is his father or uncle. There are people that will forever struggle and it is worse in Nigeria where life expentancy is low and insecurity would still kill you in your prime.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2019
kevoh:

Owning a property is a good decision but not necessarily a wise decision. There are so many factors we are not considering and most of the comments, either for or against, have made the same mistake of applying a one size fits all to every person.

The average Nigerian can afford buying and building in outskirts, where sometimes development hasn't taken place and just a few houses. No light, no road, No good schools, No nearby clinic or hospital, easy target for burglaries e.t.c You have to consider if it's worth the pain of moving your wife and kids to such areas or pray that one day development will come to that area before moving. This could be years or it could not come at all. This is one of the reasons why it may be a good decision to own a property but not necessarily a wise one.

Lol,I dey laff! E better to build on the outskirt n give out for rent n use the proceed to rent wherever u want. I don't know what country you are chatting from,but not Nigeria. Bro, we are talking about a family that changing a bad window net is an issue. Lol. The average Nigerian don't start a building project with the complete money for it. So,waiting to be financially stable before owning a house means that you are going to work your whole life on rented houses.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Banter1(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Just say you wanna leave him because he's broke. Ladies smh
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by usernameG: 10:40am On Nov 07, 2019
have u spoken to him about it? did u express your plight normally I mean without showing attitude? if yes wetin oga talk?......thank u
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by dazzlingd(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

It is NOT going to pay off on the short or long run. Not having a job and not being able to pay rent is more than enough reason to avoid spending all resources on a building project. Many of our aged parents made this mistake. A lot of them died poor with nothing. Only the children benefited at the end of the day by selling off the property.

Landlord harassment is not enough to provoke one into building a personal apartment. That anger should make you work harder to pay your rent, not spend what you don't have raising a shanty house.

The desire to raise one's income should supercede the desire to "lower" expenditure/expenses.

Do a quick calculation;

Annual rent = N100k

What's the sense in the above? 3m is rent for 30 years (assumed 0 inflation). Add 30 to your current age and tell me what you have.

That 3m in mutual funds, or a risk-free investment like TBills will yield at least 350k annually with 0 work. From that, you pay your rent easily, and increase your networth in a sporadic manner over a very short timeframe.

say no more because you have said it all.....those that can't understand have short reasonings...typical black african..I must build house, and flood the house with children, then build more house for my children to inherit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Beatswim: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2019
Oh am sorry about what you are passing through madam.. He is a good husband and a good father with what u have stated clearly here.. Just be patient hes just going through some tough patches now.. Dont worry u will laugh at at if u endure this phase with him.. And pls dont listen to all this slay girls who dont know anything in life.. Pls hold a bit.. Your husband help is coming

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by omoharry(f): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2019
Madam you are a good wife and many men do take advantage of women like you especially when they have them as wives..
I am sure if he married a selfish, nagging and an inconsiderate wife , he would have hit the street looking for job at all cost.
So many men like this are dreamers and they like building castles in the air.They will count millions that they have dreamt about over and over again and continue to put all their hope in that virtual project that is not feasible.
I had an elder brother like that..he is a dreamer . I was in secondary school (back in mid to late the 90s) when he started talking about how he is about hitting it big with millions from one project after another...he has always be interested in politics but the funny thing is that all those he used to call his boys back then, are far gone in politics but he is no where to be found..He refuse to work for anyone for he felt it was a waste of time..so he continued his life like that till he got married and still continued dreaming.
They always dream and get involve in politics and hope that one day they will make their millions through politic or other gigantic project that one cannot even see; They do these without caring on how to provide for their homes and families. He is in his mid fifty now and he is still dreaming with nothing to show for it ( his wife have left him ,she is fending for their children without any assistance from him because he does not have money to support them).

Tell your husband to look for any job that can bring money on a weekly or monthly basis ...if he can drive, then what stop him from doing UBER while he continues to pursue his dream?( you can look for UBER providers here on Nairaland that are looking for good drivers to drive their cars .
If he has pride he should swallow it for the well being of his family.

I hope he is not a lazy man. A real man does not feel comfortable when his wife becomes a bread winner for a long time without him feeling odd and out of place..most especially when they are physically and mentally fit to work.
You can some times massage his ego so as not to make him feel less than a man but at the same time you self need to put small pressure or fire under his ass to get a job and be a provider while you both still hope for the big thing to come.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Jhamzy(m): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2019
I share the same thoughts as you bro. I have seen cases as worst as some not finishing the house and die like that. And at the end their children grow up to sell it off.
In my own opinion, I am an advocate of creating streams of income before personal building.
1. Get a job. And save as much as you can and live (you and your family) by budjet strictly.
2. Start a business or invest. Either on Tbills as you said or Mutual funds.
3. You can start another business or investment again if possible. Logistics business is there, uber is there, others are there. Just pray and think deeply. The Holy Spirit will guide you.
4. Then you can begin to think about your own personal building.
The whole idea about this is for people not to embark on building with pressure and frustration that will take more years to complete.

But for their case, they have already started. So I think the lady and her husband should get a job or one get a job and the other starts a business.
Tell him to forget about all those imaginary appointments and work it out. Even plus the appointment, he will still be a salary earner (except he wants to do other money making means, which is illegal and not advisable).
Note: You can't be building while you and your family lack the basic needs and are starving.

Just my humble opinion...
Acidosis:

Do a quick calculation;

Annual rent = N100k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Filmewell(f): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2019
Nairaland stop discouraging singles from getting married. It is too much. Sometimes I wonder why this same Nairaland abuse women are unmarried at certain age. Hear me sinlgles your delay may be the universe prolonging your happy period.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Chubhie: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2019
akan102:

He may not be a bad manager, in life every body have their season of ups and downs, how you manage the downs has a lot to play when the ups finally comes or if it will come at all, my sister I will say be strong and stay positive and prayerful the time of your laughter will surely come.
I share in your positivity.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Na them o cheesy

U don't know this life. Someone I know too well was in Op husband's shoe. As far back as 2008 he had been serving politicians but got nothing. I saw how the wife nagged the man to death considering that she was the one footing the bills in the house. Just recently he got an appointment in Bayelsa State. Nigga has more money than all his mates now. Now the wife is humbled. If I were him I would get a second wife.
P.s. The wife is my blood relation.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Na them o cheesy

U don't know this life. Someone I know too well was in Op husband's shoe. As far back as 2008 he had been serving politicians but got nothing. I saw how the wife nagged the man to death considering that she was the one footing the bills in the house. Just recently he got an appointment in Bayelsa State. Nigga has more money than all his mates now. Now the wife is humbled. If I were him I would get a second wife.
P.s. The wife is my blood relation. .
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Sterope(f): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2019
Fix the net yourself, do it for your children. Find a source of income and forget about your husband.

When you finally find something to do, dont turn your children against him. They don't deserve that conflict, you gave them that choice of a father not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

Praise and pray to God always so the husband's political career will hit big
Are u ignorant of what Nigerian politicians do?
Are you?

God knows how to handle that. Its not in my place to judge or give the final say.
God uses the foolish things to conform the wise.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by LyfeJennings(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2019
Nezero:

Sorry, please endure and continue to be tactful. You are a great woman.

Every problem has an expiry date. This too shall pass.

You can please close the window back and ask him when he is going to fix the window because of creeping things.

Many great women endured and tolerated their husbands through difficult times, lije Mama HID Awolowo.

God will reward your patience

God bless U

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Funkybabee(f): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2019
chiboyo:
Acidosis,
I completely share your opinion on this issue and it really baffles me that people would spend so much to put up shanties just to be called "landlords"
Your example using mutual funds is also apt..

Even if it's just 1m she gave her husband to add up to their personal project, 350k (or even less) can serve for an apartment and the rest goes into a form of business to sustain the family..

We really need to change this narrative that makes people believe that once you build a house, almost all your problems are solved..

bro It's a good reasoning ooooo. some don't know living adequately and giving your children best source of income is the best gifts u could ever give them than one yeye property that can be destroy oneday..

some here in my state are only after house even going to the extent of using lapo money to fund it whereby leads to heart attack of returning it or stop the education of children or sound education for them to become a great person in life..

they will borrow money to build house but no tangible invest on any of their children till those children leads to astray, doing thugs, ashawo e.t.c they will be mocking educated person that's giving his/her children sound education of living in a tenants house for years but won't stop jealousy when those kids are doing great in future..

though I won't advice her to sell the uncompleted property but for now, she should find a means of income that can substain her family spending. let her leave the project o

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by simplesearch: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2019
Sometimes we under-utilize our innate potentials and productive capacity when we rely too much on others, our partners inclusive for our sustenance; our whole life then revolves around them as if there are no moments in our lives when we were up in our games without an external support. In order to stay out of resentment and eventual frustration kindly find where you can get a low interest soft loan and start something meaningful, if you are unskilled no issues try out anywhere around where you can acquire needed skills to run the business of your choice, it may not come in handy at first but trust with patience, persistence and prayer for God's continual support you'll soon start smiling to the bank. The bottom line is try and unleash the full force of a woman without a tangible support, when your husband sees you are all out to achieve, without preaching a sermon to him he'll up his game as well.
Your husband is an optimist who needs practical life lesson from someone like you to change his mindset of believing in political wealth instead of personal wealth, this could even be another opportunity to bring out the entrepreneurship spirit in you and turning you a big and indispensable asset.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by LyfeJennings(m): 10:59am On Nov 07, 2019
I don't even know what to write
Please PM me Ur account details
I feel 4 U
God will reward Ur patience
Ur children will grow to be great
Obinrin atata
God bless U

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by LEGACYANTHONY24: 11:00am On Nov 07, 2019
Please, Only *legally married husband / wife* has the right to complain of cheating and not two fornicating *BF & GF*

Click on the link to watch this cheating earthquake from Legacy Antony..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdITwOLSxdM
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Sterope(f): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2019
How many Mike Bamiloyes does he know?

I wonder their people family dynamics. The kind of mothers they must have to come up with such silly insensitive opinions.

pocohantas:

One would think Mike Bamiloye is his father or uncle. There are people that will forever struggle and it is worse in Nigeria where life expentancy is low and insecurity would still kill you in your prime.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by seyijosh: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2019
My advise to this family not to sale the house but should both get job that can meet with their needs and from the extra put aside should continue with the project. the project is an investment for old age when they can no longer work. and by then it will worth the hustles.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2019
SirVintageCock:
2k can clear the bush pending when you fix your net. Or you can get the net and pressure him to put it up. No matter how crude it is, it will still serve.

Stop having kids until things turn around.

N500 can buy 2 yards of net.

Don't they have Nail and Hammer ?
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2019
Sambaby7640:
you should the able to stand your ground. I dont have money is I don't have money.Period,if you like nag till eternity it should not be enough to make you give in to his desires
My blood relation followed this line until he got an appointment in the state. If na me I go marry another wife.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by bukatyne(f): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

Praise and pray to God always so the husband's political career will hit big
Are u ignorant of what Nigerian politicians do?
Are you?

Welcome to the Nigerian Christian praying to the Nigerian god.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by kevoh(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2019
Elliot2:
Lol,I dey laff! E better to build on the outskirt n give out for rent n use the proceed to rent wherever u want. I don't know what country you are chatting from,but not Nigeria. Bro, we are talking about a family that changing a bad window net is an issue. Lol. The average Nigerian don't start a building project with the complete money for it. So,waiting to be financially stable before owning a house means that you are going to work your whole life on rented houses.
You are mixing every thing up and do not see where I am going with this. Like I said what works for person A might not work for person B. You are still making the mistake of one size fits all.

Building on the outskirts and renting it out as long as you have the financial capability is fine by me. This means your only worry will just be when will your tenants pay to recoup your investment and also means that your financial power is not low.

But struggling to put up a house on a low income, for example, only to move your family to some far away community with no good roads, no good schools, no light, burglary attacks e.t.c just so that you can avoid rents of 50k or 100k and still struggle to feed your family makes no sense.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by AkupeMBANO(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2019
faithfull18:

But it will atleast take away the burden of rent from their expenditures.
there is nothing you are understanding.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by iamforeveryoung: 11:09am On Nov 07, 2019
Madam, any fool will easily tell you to leave your husband and if you are foolish, you will take such useless advise. What where you expecting bringing your marriage issues here. i believe things were not like this when you guys started. so this is your cross, carry it. dont complain to anyone cos they wont help you. they just want to hear your frustration to gossip and laugh at you, always pray and encourage your husband. things will fall in place for you. Take your petitions to God in prayers and see how things turn for your good.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by fkj950ax(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I
Now our room window net spoit and there is a big bush just around the window. He is not doing anything about fixing the window net
Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.

My sincere apologies to you. You have taken a lot in, and I believe it is because you believe in him, the marriage and your home.
Unfortunately, the nation is wired in a way everyone wants a big breakthrough... Starting small and gradual is not encouraged.
Mosquito net for a window (I believe a 6ft window) cant cost more than N1,500. Buy the net and staple it back in place. Or get newspaper, cut it to the size of the hole and glue it down.

There is more to the issue between you guys, and I dont think a torn mosquito net alone is why you came to NL with this post.
Get someone, Pastor, Imam, His Elderly Aunt or Uncle to speak to him about earning an income.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by KayCee92(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2019
Lol, broke husband�. Like broke husband like yeye boyfriend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

From Befriending Widow To Sleeping With Our Maid, My Hubby Has Done It All- Wife / John, Peter And Jamie Obidiegwu Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday / My Demon Wife Has Finally Left My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.