Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (40289 Views)

Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by babyfaceafrica: 9:27am On Nov 07, 2019
Rajman45:
But when he was not broke, he was very sensitive.... Abi?
you too noticed abi?..we all should stop fooling ourselves, no money,no happy marriage..love died a long time ago!!

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by AngelicBeing: 9:28am On Nov 07, 2019
sad
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Alexaonfleek: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2019
I have an uncle who's just like the posters husband,tho a different career.He doesn't take care of the children,doesn't provide for the family needs.....everything is on my aunt's head.Some men honestly don't have shame.

Op,don't look at your husband,just double your hustle and train your children.Dont ever give him money again if he asks you,use the money to start or enrich your business.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by backnbeta(f): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2019
tonididdy:

No
Ok sir.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Tenshades(m): 9:30am On Nov 07, 2019
shadeyinka:

I believe you are not married yet!

No mind am. Thats the reason you see a family with 3 generations in a rented apartment when their warped mentality of not seeing the need of having their own houses wont let them reason.

I wonder if the landlord didn't build the home in the first place, they will be living in the hotel or in the culverts.

It's a pity.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Eagba(m): 9:30am On Nov 07, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Acidosis doesn’t know the meaning of not having the need to think about paying rent, or never having a landlord harassing you or throwing out ur stuff for owing.....husband and wife that doesn’t even have jobs for that matter...it’s hypertension that will kill them whenever rent is almost due..

I don’t quite get the angle acidosis is looking at this from...but there’s no scenario better than not paying any landlord rent for me....it might not be wise to put all savings into the building as the husband did...it’s irrational and reckless...but it’s their home at the end of the day..on the long run it will pay off...
acidi is correct guy I was once involved in a project that engulf lot of my money. money that if I had invested that same amount in my business, I would have built three times that size of building in a way shorter time.
unfortunately for me I had to leave that state and rent the place out. that na different mata on it's own. some tenants can be wicked when you aren't always available.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by BluntBoy(m): 9:30am On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I just created a new account for this post, please i need mature advice. My husband has been so broke for years now, he never ever gets money if we have any emergency for my kids sickness, school fees, etc. He likes hallucinating about how he will be rich by getting one juicy political appointment cause he is into politics. Sometimes he hustles to just get food and it ends there(this does not come often), no basic needs like school fees etc. Before you judge me as not being supportive, i am not employed at the moment but i struggle and hustle the little way i can to assist in the house upkeep. I paid school fees, i even gave him a large some to add to our ongoing project but the money unfortunately didn't complete it.

Now our room window net spoit and there is a big bush just around the window. He is not doing anything about fixing the window net as usual, i didn't nag him. I just closed the windows permanently, but i noticed this morning that he opened the windows through out last night, same as the night before. My two children sleep on the same bed. He had to put us at risk like that just for ventilation sake without considering what could creep into our room.

Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.
NOTE: He leaves the house everyday to come back very late, cause he still serves this political big guys yet there is nothing to show for it.

You have enumerated your husband's bad qualities. And, frankly, they are indeed bad qualities. Insensitive is an understatement.

However, you can't tell me that you are a saint yourself.

Many women have this misconception about what makes a man happy. They feel like all it takes to be a good wife is to be a good cook, do his laundry, give him sex whenever he wants it, and support him financially when necessary.

They forget healthy communication. Some women claim they support their men financially, but the things those men hear and see from receiving financial support from their wives can make a man commit suicide.

You say he is not doing anything about the torn net? Who told you he is not doing anything? It may appear to you like he is not doing anything but it doesn't mean he is not doing anything.

Imagine your husband getting stressed up about the torn net, and the next thing he hears from you is that "you are not doing anything about the net".

Many times, we find faults in our partners and consider ourselves the perfect one in the relationship. Your husband might be insensitive not necessarily out of his own desire, but forces beyond his control.

The window he left open might have even been done absent-mindedly. I have seen a man drive to a petrol station and leave on foot. People had to call him back. The man was so deep in thoughts that he forgot that he drove into the station.

Your husband might have been absent-minded. But because you have preconditioned your mind about him, you concluded that he is insensitive. Are you 100% sure that you have not been insensitive to his plights too?

The way you describe his dreams of becoming rich one day shows that you don't care about his dreams. You just want him to bring that money home. You have come to see his dreams as nothing but fantasies and have come to detest him sharing his dreams with you.

I am not making excuses for your husband. I am just trying to encourage you to search yourself as well.

In what tone do you speak to your husband on sensitive issues such as money? Some women use gentle tones, but the rudeness is always unmistakable. When he talks about getting rich one day, do you hiss or deliberately pretend not to hear? Do you give him the impression that you have lost all hopes in him ever becoming successful?

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Johans1991: 9:31am On Nov 07, 2019
When he was rich nobody hear this rubbish but now that he is broke you are writing a stupid paragraph. Just tell us u are thinking of leaving him because he is broke. By the way, u did not tell us how you hussle to pay the children schools fees, maybe one man is deceiving you that he will treat you like egg. My advice to you is :NOT ALL THAT GLITTER IS GOLD.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 07, 2019
My fears. No be if u tell person u get savings dem go dey chook eye for the savings?

Inability for a man to provide effectively can be frustrating especially the headstrong ones who don't even listen to suggestions.

Anyways, @Op pray for husband so God can turn d tides around. Have u guys bothered praying together at night? Never underestimate the prayer of agreement between couples.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by buzorcharles(m): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2019
He better have plan B. Madam pls use needle and thread to sew it anyhow for now till money comes in a way again.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by luminouz(m): 9:33am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

There's no burden anywhere. The money the poor spend on personal apartment can pay the same rent they avoid for 20-50 years. Rent for some is only 50k. Without a meaningful job or business, they spend a cumulative sum of N1-2m on a building project. How's that sensible?

Do you have a house?

Have you stayed with a landlord before?
If No to 2 above,then you have no idea how important it is to have your own house.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by hakm5: 9:33am On Nov 07, 2019
africanpea:
Stop giving him money! When you have this money buy and repair these very necessary things, save the rest for the kids fees and other important bills.

When he sees your are becoming independent, taking financial decisions without involving him, he will sit up.

He might not take it likely at first but stand firm on holding on to your money and spending it at the right time and purpose.

Be strong lady, marriage has its ups and downs

Best advice ever.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by pocohantas(f): 9:33am On Nov 07, 2019
Lol. You married "potential"

I love love, but a whole lot of strategy is needed in choosing a life partner, considering humans are the most difficult and complex living things to handle.

Please, continue to support your Mr Potential.

I am sure you are one of those that comments YES on threads asking if you can marry an efulefu. An efulefu with zero drive and a 1001 delusions. grin Well, you have to be the "man"- till he hammers or wakes from his dream.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by witworth(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2019
this is neither a problem nor predicament but its either a situation or condition, so no solution, please just let the man be abeg. he is the head of the family and whatever he says or do is final.
now you can feel an unreasonable comment to a made up story put online just for entertainment and make money per click and comments.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
you too noticed abi?..we all should stop fooling ourselves, no money,no happy marriage..love died a long time ago!!
With the economic pressure and inflation u still taking of love? Love will feed the kids and pay their school fee eh? Like my ex told me, Love is simply not enough.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by cnonyechi(f): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I just created a new account for this post, please i need mature advice. My husband has been so broke for years now, he never ever gets money if we have any emergency for my kids sickness, school fees, etc. He likes hallucinating about how he will be rich by getting one juicy political appointment cause he is into politics. Sometimes he hustles to just get food and it ends there(this does not come often), no basic needs like school fees etc. Before you judge me as not being supportive, i am not employed at the moment but i struggle and hustle the little way i can to assist in the house upkeep. I paid school fees, i even gave him a large some to add to our ongoing project but the money unfortunately didn't complete it.

Now our room window net spoit and there is a big bush just around the window. He is not doing anything about fixing the window net as usual, i didn't nag him. I just closed the windows permanently, but i noticed this morning that he opened the windows through out last night, same as the night before. My two children sleep on the same bed. He had to put us at risk like that just for ventilation sake without considering what could creep into our room.

Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.
NOTE: He leaves the house everyday to come back very late, cause he still serves this political big guys yet there is nothing to show for it.

Be patient with him he will make it one day. U r luck he leaves the house every day that shows he wants to do something he is not lazy. Mind you am sure he is not happy about his situation it's just he can't help it. Continue to help as much as u can it's ur home and how it turns out is in ur hands. Never stop praying for him he needs it. I pray God continue to strengthen you and other women like u out there. Never stop showing him love, that alone can motivate him to try harder. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by olisaEze(m): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2019
It must have been real difficult to come on a public forum to say this, but no one can give u the advice u seek. You just have to make the hard decisions for u and ur children’s future. He might eventually make it and become a national problem instead of just yours. I think it’s best u sit him down b4 u start involving his extended family. Tell him why a political appointment with huge remunerations wont make him a better husband or father if he can’t plan first to meet the needs of his immediate family with the little he finds to do now. In the mean time, look for what to do to keep urself busy and take care of u and ur kids.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by seangy4konji: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2019
When that guy hammer it go shock you self. No account money..

You are a good sister. God bkeas your hustle. Na d type woman I wan settle with. Try and sort the net. When we broke..we don't care and get angry at every little thing. Its in the man.he still hustles.

Every hustler has a pay day. A day is coming he will reap his hustle as long as allve..

God bless you sis

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by mhizsuzzy(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:

As regards the net, you can get a mosquito net from any health centre/hospital and use it as nets on your window...Do this till you can get the main window net...

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by litaninja(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2019
Your husband is the reason your husband cannot make a decent living as a paid employee or as an entrepreneur.
Your husband wants to land a "juicy" political appointment. How do you think Nigeria got to its present state?
Talk some sense into him to leave that pipe dream as there is no space for such anymore.

If he refuses, pack your load.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by izzou(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2019
pocohantas:
Lol. You married "potential"

I love love, but a whole lot of strategy is needed in choosing a life partner. Considering humans are the most difficult and complex living things to handle.

Please, continue to support your Mr Potential.

I am sure you are one of those that comments YES on threads asking if you can marry an efulefu. An efulefu with zero drive and a 1001 delusions. grin Well, you have to be the "man"- till he hammers or wakes from his dream.

Haa

This is too harsh na
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by luminouz(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2019
chiboyo:
Acidosis,
I completely share your opinion on this issue and it really baffles me that people would spend so much to put up shanties just to be called "landlords"
Your example using mutual funds is also apt..

Even if it's just 1m she gave her husband to add up to their personal project, 350k (or even less) can serve for an apartment and the rest goes into a form of business to sustain the family..

We really need to change this narrative that makes people believe that once you build a house, almost all your problems are solved..

You are wrong!!!

Most of y'all are mummy's kids who never rented any house in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Sambaby7640: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2019
africanpea:
Stop giving him money! When you have this money buy and repair these very necessary things, save the rest for the kids fees and other important bills.

When he sees your are becoming independent, taking financial decisions without involving him, he will sit up.

He might not take it likely at first but stand firm on holding on to your money and spending it at the right time and purpose.

Uchechi20,pls listen to this advice. Pls,God bless you dear
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by babyfaceafrica: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
With the economic pressure and inflation u still taking of love? Love will feed the kids and pay their school fee eh? Like my ex told me, Love is simply not enough.
love is not enough me?..love does not guarantees lasting marriage..money does
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
hmmm,when we tell people to have money ,they will say live conquers all?..she didn't say he is carrying or loving...she said he is broke!!!..Poverty is bad....if you don't have money stay single till you do!!
Apart from that, have one child and then build up together before having others if finances ain't that strong.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by carlede: 9:38am On Nov 07, 2019
The story no long, fix the net if you can, I'm sure this man was sensitive when he had funds and you married him. It's so wrong calling him a broke man! No 1 is broke, if he was in ur shoes, would he call you a broke woman! Live and let live.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Listen to this. Stop giving him money!
africanpea:

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
love is not enough me?..love does not guarantees lasting marriage..money does
Even with love, issues arising from lack with put pressure on the love.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by luminouz(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Mariangeles:

Your husband is in delusion.
Believe me, it's hard to wake up from those type of illusions and by the time he's disillusioned, a lot of time might have passed .
KEEP PRAYING FOR HIM because he might be under a spell...how else can one explain a full grown man living his life as an errand boy for another ?
Bla bla bla...

Wait till you marry first and we shall see.

You think you have life all figured out, yeah?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by babyfaceafrica: 9:41am On Nov 07, 2019
olisaEze:
It must have been real difficult to come on a public forum to say this, but no one can give u the advice u seek. You just have to make the hard decisions for u and ur children’s future. He might eventually make it and become a national problem instead of just yours. I think it’s best u sit him down b4 u start involving his extended family. Tell him why a political appointment with huge remunerations wont make him a better husband or father if he can’t plan first to meet the needs of his immediate family with the little he finds to do now. In the mean time, look for what to do to keep urself busy and take care of u and ur kids.
didn't she know his job before she married him?
.look money dey the guy hand before,and she was happy,now he is broke and she has started complaining....Men should be wise..no.money, no love!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

From Befriending Widow To Sleeping With Our Maid, My Hubby Has Done It All- Wife / John, Peter And Jamie Obidiegwu Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday / My Demon Wife Has Finally Left My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.