Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (23763 Views)

Daughter Fights Mum For Bringing Too Many Men To Their Home (pics/video) / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help / Seeking Unemployed Men With Cute GF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
This question is really an onomatopia. Maybe pastors have divine explanations for that.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by ikorodureporta: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
If you're single, you feed yourself and have a roof over your head, then you can marry. There are no special bills or taxes for married people. Your stomach and portion of food do not get bigger with marriage. Your electricity or water bill do not increase because you're married. Same electricity, same cable TV, same quantity of water, same rent, etc.

In fact, it is easier for two WORKING and sensible people because they're able to put resources together to achieve a better result. E.g. If you've being paying rent alone, you can share bills (not necessarily in equal proportions).

The only thing that makes a difference is pregnancy & child upkeep, and to the best of my knowledge, this is optional. After all, single men and women have more sex than married people, without fear of pregnancy.

To blame finance for being single is lack of SENSE and understanding. It is perpetual failure of the brain to think MARRIAGE between two people will drain finance faster than the single folks. It is like living alone to bear all cost Vs. living and sharing bills with a room mate.

Think.

to marry na free

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Lumig: 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
barinedan:
And why do unemployed men keep girlfriends if they don't have money to cater for the needs of the girls. If you can take care of a girlfriend then taking care of wife should equally not be a problem
... You just try it, after about six months your eyes go clear, you'll now know that what is after six is more than seven. Yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Halo22: 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
The issue is that people lack wisdom. The fact it worked for mr A, it may not be same with Mr B, so don't always put urself in other people's shoe cos all feet are not the same size. But in case u want to make a trial, ensure the Lady is not jobless, else ur suffering with her will be aluta continua.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by jesmond3945: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:

Thank you sir. Please can you explain further?
they tell you things that are not biblical and when you fall into trouble they would tell you is because you are not praying for example if you want to feed or have money you must work, it is a must but they would tell you that if you pray 7 times and sow seed, miracle money would drop.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by ehinmowo: 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
healthserve:
Op he's correct. If you've tried and nothing works, get married to a good woman even on credit. Your stars will combine and break the opening you need financially. It works. Or rather has been a principle from old.

Has this happened to you or someone you know? Emphasis on "someone you know". Pls don't lie to protect your stance. God does not need defending. He's not a man.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by hopefulLandlord: 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Wanna dust my cv naw cry
You're honest
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by hopefulLandlord: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
soleexx:
He who finds a wife finds a Good thing... Bible quote... But actually it's doesn't work for everyone...

How does one even "find a wife?" a wife is someone who's married right? so for one to "find a wife" then the so-called wife would've been married to someone else

John Horne Tooke was told to "take a wife" to which he replied "with all my heart, whose wife shall it be?"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
So, are u married now

No, I'm not.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by healthserve(m): 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
ehinmowo:

Has this happened to you or someone you know? Emphasis on "someone you know". Pls don't lie to protect your stance. God does not need defending. He's not a man.

You have issues.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
emmaodet:

What if the woman is jobless?
It's the man's responsibility to groom his bride and make her dutiful and enterprising.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Tayor23(m): 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
Single unemployed guy should not take to this man Advice..He doesn't know what he was typing...we all dealing with lives from different angle.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by soleexx(m): 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

How does one even "find a wife?" a wife is someone who's married right? so for one to "find a wife" then the so-called wife would've been married to someone else

John Horne Tooke was told to "take a wife" to which he replied "with all my heart, whose wife shall it be"

Don't knw wot to say sir
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
ngwababe:

You ain't Nigerian bro. Imagine you exempting in-laws and friends from bills? grin

but marriage does not increase one's responsibility to family and friends nah.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by ehinmowo: 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
healthserve:

You have issues.

Obviously you are dumb! I asked you simple question you are saying trash.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
Grundig:

I sincerely hope nobody takes this advice.

Yes, if you currently live under your parent's roof and depend on them for upkeep.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
Roland17:

Please tell me you are joking because your 1st paragraph and to some extent the entirety of your post is far from the truth and misleading.

Has DSTV increased your bill because you wear a wedding band? Did any Doctor confirmed an increment in the size of your stomach since you got married?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Donjazzy12(m): 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:
Good morning Nairaland family. I have noticed that some pastors will tell unemployed single men to marry and that when they get married and start having kids, that things will begin to get easier for them in life.

Sometimes they say things Luke when you get married, the star of the woman and yours work together to make things easier and give you better things in life.

I used to laugh at this until about a month ago and a pastor I know told me the same thing.
Please how true is this? I need advice from people with such experiences. Pardon my English please.

Thank you and God bless.
Women marry all the time without having a job. Why are standards different?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hoephase:

I am not sure where you live or where you got your math lessons.

In a sane clime, if on the average it takes you 5 liters of water to bath a day. When you the number of your house hold increases by 1 at least your water usage will double.

For cooking if you alone consumes 3 cups of rice a week and say it cost you 100 naira. When you the size of your household increases by 1 at least your expensive on rice on the minimum will be 150 naira based on the assumption that your wife consumes half as much as you do.

Well you may keep this roof but when your family size grows and the living space per individual decreases beyond the required minimum living space for an individual, stress sets in, diseases and other psychological issues creeps in. These alone reduces not only the quality of life the members of the household but it also depletes the family resources: low productivity from stress, use resources that would have been put aside for investment for treating communicable disease etc.

Wives don't eat or bath before marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
If you're single, you feed yourself and have a roof over your head, then you can marry. There are no special bills or taxes for married people. Your stomach and portion of food do not get bigger with marriage. Your electricity or water bill do not increase because you're married. Same electricity, same cable TV, same quantity of water, same rent, etc.

In fact, it is easier for two WORKING and sensible people because they're able to put resources together to achieve a better result. E.g. If you've being paying rent alone, you can share bills (not necessarily in equal proportions).

The only thing that makes a difference is pregnancy & child upkeep, and to the best of my knowledge, this is optional. After all, single men and women have more sex than married people, without fear of pregnancy.

To blame finance for being single is lack of SENSE and understanding. It is perpetual failure of the brain to think MARRIAGE between two people will drain finance faster than the single folks. It is like living alone to bear all cost Vs. living and sharing bills with a room mate.

Think.
what if the woman nio get job and to worsen matter she come born twins for the guy cheesy.dat neans their suffering will be tripled.my brother his course mate in school got married very early and the bros dey do porter job for these night motels.the guy used to be handsome but if u see the guy now he has lost all his looks.stress wan finish am and to worsen matter na the clothes wey im papa wear in the early 70s and mid 70s na im dey wear cos the dude cant even afford buying clothes for his wife.all the little stipends he makes from his porter work he uses to pay school fees and maintain his young wife plus the guy will always be bothering u to borrow him money.u dont have to be a millioniare to be married but u have to have a good source of livelihood to get married cos in most cases ur wife might be unemployed or if working u can expect her to sustain the family with the hairdressing or tailor work wey she dey do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
midnighter:

How do single and married people use the same amount of water, electricity or food...

That's one of the strangest statements I've ever read

Two single people (man and woman) and two married people (man and woman) consume the same amount of water and food.

Two single people under a different roof (roof A & roof B) consume higher electricity than two married people under same roof (roof C).

What's strange about that? How can 1 be greater than 2?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
ogianyo:
This is a very simplistic way of viewing marriage finances. I dont need to be told that you have clearly never been married.
There are very many spending that a bachelor can successfully avoid which a married man cant. When you marry in Africa you are taking on responsibility for some spending for both your family and inlaw folks. A wife is additional mouth to feed not insomnia. She falls sick, needs clothing and a lot of stuff that only married men here can relate with. This is not to suggest that you must be rich to marry. You however need to have a reasonable and regular income.
especially those men married to women who dont work and are not ready to work cheesy.the woman own na to watch nollywood from morning till night and maybe gossip with some of her friends and when the man return from im hustle she will still nag him of coming late grin.some marriages in naija worse pass the pains of hellfire grin.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Acidosis(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
lefulefu:
what if the woman nio get job and to worsen matter she come born twins for the guy cheesy.dat neans their suffering will be tripled.my brother his course mate in school got married very early and the bros dey do porter job for these night motels.the guy used to be handsome but if u see the guy now he has lost all his looks.stress wan finish am and to worsen matter na the clothes wey im papa wear in the early 70s and mid 70s na im dey wear cos the dude cant even afford buying clothes for his wife.all the little stipends he makes from his porter work he uses to pay school fees and maintain his young wife plus the guy will always be bothering u to borrow him money.u dont have to be a millioniare to be married but u have to have a good source of livelihood to get married cos in most cases ur wife might be unemployed or if working u can expect her to sustain the family with the hairdressing or tailor work wey she dey do.

LMAO grin I understand you sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by dohyinsohlah(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Because they are unemployed too�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
grin
Acidosis:

LMAO grin I understand you sha
grin grin grin overseas college students(university) can get married or get get married as soon as they graduate because the conditions are much different there compared to naija in the sense that jobs are readily available or they can do jobs while still in sch and cater for their needs but in naija na different scenario grin.even the guys with well paying jobs are shying away from marriage cos to take care of woman for naija is very expensive plus u come add children join.everything is very expensive in naija grin grin grin.the time when the guy go get the desire to get married is when his back account don get reasonable strenght cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
dohyinsohlah:
Because they are unemployed too�
someone wearing expensive gucci suit and shoes is what u call unemployed? shocked do u know hw many of them own private jets?
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
barinedan:
And why do unemployed men keep girlfriends if they don't have money to cater for the needs of the girls. If you can take care of a girlfriend then taking care of wife should equally not be a problem
only in nigeria do guys give money to girls and call it girlfriend allowance grin grin grin.naija na funny place grin.the last time i made some statement about girlfriend allowance one canadian girl sitting next to me wanted to know what it was all about grin.i kept my mouth shut cos i no wan fall naija babes hands grin.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Xmen149(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Think.

if Na person wey show mask just to get into the person house how do one handle that

I love Ur analysis it simplified things..

but this dude I know after 3yrs discovered her wife cnt actually keep a business or work,school she no gree finish..All the show she put b4 marriage is to enter man house.

The rate this guy borrow money from me and people around make me fear the marriage thing I swear,.so much deception and covering of truth in this marriage thing
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by CaptainMitch: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
I don dey send food weekly for 1 girl wey I dey toast and she still no send me cry
lefulefu:
only in nigeria do guys give money to girls and call it girlfriend allowance grin grin grin.naija na funny place grin.the last time i made some statement about girlfriend allowance one canadian girl sitting next to me wanted to know what it was all about grin.i kept my mouth shut cos i no wan fall naija babes hands grin.

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by DedeNkem: 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:
Good morning Nairaland family. I have noticed that some pastors will tell unemployed single men to marry and that when they get married and start having kids, that things will begin to get easier for them in life.

Sometimes they say things Luke when you get married, the star of the woman and yours work together to make things easier and give you better things in life.

I used to laugh at this until about a month ago and a pastor I know told me the same thing.
Please how true is this? I need advice from people with such experiences. Pardon my English please.

Thank you and God bless.

Only religious id*iots take marriage advice from pastors, especially, from Nigerian pastors! Nigerian pastors have ruined many marriages!

You probably have better morals than these so-called "men of God"!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I don dey send food weekly for 1 girl wey I dey toast and she still no send me cry
food ke grin grin grin...maybe u need to upgrade like paying her house rent or schools.if u do that maybe she go go appreciate grin grin grin grin.u know wen dem dey very young dem dey get plenty toasters grin.
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by CaptainMitch: 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
She dey very erratic, I dey always try to provoke girls and see their reaction, that way you go know who dey homely among them, she's very young and pretty so e dey enter her head I want her to like me then I go run away cheesy
lefulefu:
food ke grin grin grin...maybe u need to upgrade like paying her house rent or schools.if u do that maybe she go go appreciate grin grin grin grin.u know wen dem dey very young dem dey get plenty toasters grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter / Should You Obey Ignorant Parents??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.