Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? (1360 Views)

Did She Bring Me Luck Or Just Coincidence? / Have You Ever Had Serious Bad Luck Just After Pre-marital Sex? / Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
So, do you believe in luck? How about destiny?

Do u believe who your husband or wife will be is destined and that you’ll end up with that person no matter what?

Personally I believe the only pure luck is your birth circumstances; everything else (if u look closely) is not really just luck. As for destiny, I think it’s dicey.

Some luck and destiny quotations:

“A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” Jean De La Fontaine

“I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.”  Brian Tracy

“Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast. When you least expect it, there will be fish.” Ovid

“The champion makes his own luck.” Red Blaik

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” Darrell Royal

“To be very successful you have to be lucky” Edward de Bono

“It is hard to detect good luck – it looks so much like something you have earned.”  Frank A. Clark

“We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don’t like?” Jean Cocteau cheesy

“Luck often confers an aura of worth, unworthily; and in this world a person often passes for a genius when in fact they were just lucky.” – Euripedes

“The world is getting to be such a dangerous place, a man is lucky to get out of it alive.” W. C. Fields grin

“Some people have all the luck, and they are the ones who never depend on it.”  Bob Ingham

“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.”  Larry King

“Each misfortune you encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow’s good luck.” Og Mandino

“Everything in life is luck.”  Donald Trump

“A man on a date wonders if he’ll get lucky. The woman already knows.” Monica Piper grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by RoyalBlak007: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
No

I do not
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Omotaday(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
I once argued this with a friend when i was still in school. I believed there is nothing called “luck”, i believed “luck” is a result of some certain actions and attempts, no matter how little the attempt or action is. I believed something triggers what they call “luck”, it don’t just find you.

Well, my believe changed. I believe there is luck, but personally, i don’t put my hope in luck.

About Destiny, my IRK teacher once told us “Destiny can change, through prayers”, so i asked, “if it can change, why is it Destiny then?”

However, i believe i’m destined for great grin
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
RoyalBlak007:

No

I do not

Well, why? When did u choose to be born in Nigeria?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
You can be lucky but it's not spiritual.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Omotaday:
I once argued this with a friend when i was still in school. I believed there is nothing called “luck”, i believed “luck” is a result of some certain actions and attempts, no matter how little the attempt or action is. I believed something triggers what they call “luck”, it don’t just find you.

Well, my believe changed. I believe there is luck, but personally, i don’t put my hope in luck.

About Destiny, my IRK teacher once told us “Destiny can change, through prayers”, so i asked, “if it can change, why is it Destiny then?”

However, i believe i’m destined for great grin

So tell me how it is not pure unadulterated luck that u were born in Nigeria.
Do u believe u r destined to marry a particular person?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
Martinez39:
You can be lucky but it's not spiritual.

Meaning?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Karleb(m): 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Nothing like destiny or even karma, but luck is real.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
Karleb:
Nothing like destiny or even karma, but luck is real.

So how come some people can see what will happen in the future and they happen exactly. How is that possible if those things were not destined to happen?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
Lalasticlala, rocktation, farano
Front page material
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Meaning?
For example, maga lottery winners are lucky but their success can't be attributed to spiritual forces.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Karleb(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

So how come some people can see what will happen in the future and they happen exactly. How is that possible if those things were not destined to happen?

The answer is PREDICTION!

What can you say about scientist predicting something like, say, Solar eclipse? Would you attribute such accurate prediction to destiny?

We humans can predict the future based on data of the past and present.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
Martinez39:
For example, maga lottery winners are lucky but their success can't be attributed to spiritual forces.

How about people who receive their winning numbers in a dream or vision. One man played same numbers for 25 years till he won huge (see below) - said he was 100% sure the numbers would eventually win

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by LOWLIFER: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
bf
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

How about people who receive their winning numbers in a dream or vision. One man played same numbers for 25 years till he won huge - said he was 100% sure the numbers would eventually win
Dreams have no bearing on reality. Ever heard of coincidence?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Martinez39:
Dreams have no bearing on reality. Ever heard of coincidence?

U don’t think there is any spiritual involved here? He was SURE. How is that possible?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Omotaday(m): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

So tell me how it is not pure unadulterated luck that u were born in Nigeria.
Do u believe u r destined to marry a particular person?
I said i changed my believe.

However if your own luck is about existence, can we say the same that it is a luck that you are a human and not an animal?

My comment about destiny is clear.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
Karleb:

The answer is PREDICTION!

What can you say about scientist predicting something like, say, Solar eclipse? Would you attribute such accurate prediction to destiny?

We humans can predict the future based on data of the past and present.

But these are often illiterates who may not even know what it is exactly they are predicting. Most times the visions come in metaphors - Nostradamus, book of Rvelation
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

U don’t think there is any spiritual involved here? He was SURE. How is that possible?
Islam suicide bombers are SURE that Allah is the supreme God. Christians are SURE that Yahweh is the supreme god. Atheists are SURE that both gods are nonexistent. Certain people are SURE that the earth is flat. Being SURE of something doesn't mean that the spiritual is involved. The guy's blind faith coincidentally accorded with the winning numbers. If something spiritual was involved, why didn't he win it at the first try? Why did it take twenty-five years? grin

Being SURE doesn't also mean that what you are sure of is truth. If it were true, it would mean that the earth is both flat and globe shaped. It would also mean that many different gods are supreme and the same time don't exist.

If twenty-five years ago, I said that Levante will beat FC Barcelona 3 - 1 and it happened last week, does it mean that I had spiritual backing? Why should this be coincidental? If I said I was SURE this result was going to happen, would you think I had spiritual backing?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Omotaday:
I said i changed my believe.

However if your own luck is about existence, can we say the same that it is a luck that you are a human and not an animal?

My comment about destiny is clear.

I forgot u said u changed your mind.
As for existence, of course it’s pure chance u exist at all.
So you believe you’d marry who u r destined to marry no matter what u do?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Martinez39:
Islam suicide bombers are SURE that Allah is the supreme God. Christians are SURE that Yahweh is the supreme god. Atheists are SURE that both gods are nonexistent. Certain people are SURE that the earth is flat. Being SURE of something doesn't mean that the spiritual is involved. The guy's blind faith coincidentally accorded with the winning numbers. If something spiritual was involved, why didn't he win it at the first try? Why did it take twenty-five years? grin

Being SURE doesn't also mean that what you are sure of is truth. If it were true, it would mean that the earth is both flat and globe shaped. It would also mean that many different gods are supreme and the same time don't exist.

If twenty-five years ago, I said that Levante will beat FC Barcelona 3 - 1 and it happened last week, does it mean that I had spiritual backing? Why should this be coincidental? If I said I was SURE this result was going to happen, would you think I had spiritual backing?

But it was not a random guess. He was GIVEN the numbers. There was a 1 in 20 million chance. If there was a 1 in 20 million chance of something happening and u r sure it would happen because you were given the exact answer, I’d say there is something supernatural involved
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

But it was not a random guess. He was GIVEN the numbers. There was a 1 in 20 million chance. If there was a 1 in 20 million chance of something happening and u r sure it would happen because you were given the exact answer, I’d say there is something supernatural involved
It's a coincidence. Random guesses themselves, as far as lotteries are concerned, are one in almost 300,000,000. His guess matching the winning numbers was a coincidence. Why wasn't he given the date and time the numbers would be the winning numbers? Why wasn't he given the winning numbers of the next jackpot instead of making him wait and waste money for 25 years? Isn't the spiritual capable? It was all a coincidence. His numbers could have won at any time. It could have been 10, 20, 50, 70 or 100 years after he was "given".
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by okoroemeka(m): 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
sometimes I think luck is the only thing that will separate two hustlers and make one wealthy and the other average,I have seen not too smart people that are millionaires,they just happened to be at the right place at the right time,just checked out the semi final world cup match between Brazil and Germany,who on his right mind can predict that the game will end 7-1 but a man got it right in Pakistan I think,does it make him a magician or fortune seer,no,it's just plan old luck or probability.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
Martinez39:
It's a coincidence. Random guesses themselves, as far as lotteries are concerned, are one in almost 300,000,000. His guess matching the winning numbers was a coincidence. Why wasn't he given the date and time the numbers would be the winning numbers? Why wasn't he given the winning numbers of the next jackpot instead of making him wait and waste money for 25 years? Isn't the spiritual capable? It was all a coincidence. His numbers could have won at any time. It could have been 10, 20, 50, 70 or 100 years after he was "given".

I like the way u argue - with logic, not emotionally like most Nlanders.

So u think all these below are coincidences?

Olga Beno

Olga suffered a severe stroke of bad luck when she was diagnosed with cancer shortly before the end of 2016, she was facing financial ruin due to medical bills. She was finally forced to sell her house due to the strain on her finances.

She was just about to give up hope when the unbelievable happened: the exact same lottery numbers she had dreamt about almost 30 years earlier were finally drawn on the 28th of December. The determined dreamer had hit the huge jackpot of the Atlantic Lottery! As one of two lucky players, Olga claimed her share of the lottery win which amounted to 5,366,704 Canadian dollars and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect.

Deana Sampson

Deana Sampson dreamt of her deceased brother the night before the draw and he told her she would win the jackpot. Little did she know that her dream was to prove prophetic.

Life for Deana, a mother of two, was pretty hard before she won the lottery. Not only did she suffer through several deaths of close family members in a short period of time, her brother also, unfortunately, passed away. On top of all this, she was also under immense financial strain.

Then the unexpected happened. Her lottery numbers finally popped out the lotto machine one Wednesday evening. Her perseverance had eventually paid off and she took home the jackpot of around £5.4 million.

Mary Wollens

Mary Wollens at the age of 86 bought a Quickpick with the numbers 1, 10, 18, 24, 31 and 46 for the draw that took place on the 30th of September 2006.

She told lottery officials that it was a few days before the draw took place that she dreamed of a lottery ticket with her numbers. She said that the dream was so vivid that she was convinced she would win.

The Smith Family

PlayUSALotteries.com players might remember the story of the Smith family who won the massive $429.000.000 Powerball jackpot and told lottery officials that their winning numbers were picked by divine intervention.

Valerie Arthur, who acted as a spokesperson for the family during the press conference, revealed that the lucky combination came to her mother in a dream.

“Lucky Family” win $189 million

The winners of the $189.000.000 Mega Millions jackpot in October 2013 opted to keep their identity private.

What they did, however, reveal was that one of the winners dreamed of his relatives saying the lucky numbers the night before he bought 10 Mega Millions tickets.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
okoroemeka:
sometimes I think luck is the only thing that will separate two hustlers and make one wealthy and the other average,I have seen not too smart people that are millionaires,they just happened to be at the right place at the right time,just checked out the semi final world cup match between Brazil and Germany,who on his right mind can predict that the game will end 7-1 but a man got it right in Pakistan I think,does it make him a magician or fortune seer,no,it's just plan old luck or probability.

R u sure it’s totally luck - that they were not helped by someone or something outside this dimension. How come really huge lottery amounts are never won by casual players - only dedicated, “listening”, regular players win them.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I like the way u argue - with logic, not emotionally like most Nlanders.

So u think all these below are coincidences?

Olga Beno

Olga suffered a severe stroke of bad luck when she was diagnosed with cancer shortly before the end of 2016, she was facing financial ruin due to medical bills. She was finally forced to sell her house due to the strain on her finances.

She was just about to give up hope when the unbelievable happened: the exact same lottery numbers she had dreamt about almost 30 years earlier were finally drawn on the 28th of December. The determined dreamer had hit the huge jackpot of the Atlantic Lottery! As one of two lucky players, Olga claimed her share of the lottery win which amounted to 5,366,704 Canadian dollars and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect.

Deana Sampson

Deana Sampson dreamt of her deceased brother the night before the draw and he told her she would win the jackpot. Little did she know that her dream was to prove prophetic.

Life for Deana, a mother of two, was pretty hard before she won the lottery. Not only did she suffer through several deaths of close family members in a short period of time, her brother also, unfortunately, passed away. On top of all this, she was also under immense financial strain.

Then the unexpected happened. Her lottery numbers finally popped out the lotto machine one Wednesday evening. Her perseverance had eventually paid off and she took home the jackpot of around £5.4 million.

Mary Wollens

Mary Wollens at the age of 86 bought a Quickpick with the numbers 1, 10, 18, 24, 31 and 46 for the draw that took place on the 30th of September 2006.

She told lottery officials that it was a few days before the draw took place that she dreamed of a lottery ticket with her numbers. She said that the dream was so vivid that she was convinced she would win.

The Smith Family

PlayUSALotteries.com players might remember the story of the Smith family who won the massive $429.000.000 Powerball jackpot and told lottery officials that their winning numbers were picked by divine intervention.

Valerie Arthur, who acted as a spokesperson for the family during the press conference, revealed that the lucky combination came to her mother in a dream.

“Lucky Family” win $189 million

The winners of the $189.000.000 Mega Millions jackpot in October 2013 opted to keep their identity private.

What they did, however, reveal was that one of the winners dreamed of his relatives saying the lucky numbers the night before he bought 10 Mega Millions tickets.

First of all, there is a possibility that they could be lying or exaggerating things and there is also a possibility that their testimonies could have some elements of truth. However, I shall, in my preceding argument, assume that the dreams they talked about happened.

As expected, we can see that the time between when the dreams occurred and when they hit the jackpot varies. The shortest time was a night before the lottery win (as seen in the lucky family's case). Why didn't other lottery winners have theirs a night before? If a spirit can see events thirty years from now, can't it see what will happen tomorrow and can't it be specific with the time of the given jackpot? Why are they not all given the lucky numbers for the very next jackpot? Why do some of them get the numbers without a specific date and have to waste money on tickets for many years before hitting the jackpot? Perhaps, the spiritual can be described in such a way that permits these discrepancies and pettiness. Such description would be a hypothesis that have no proof and no good reason to be embraced as facts.

Can you tell me with boldness that some lottery players who have died without winning a dime, despite spending much, didn't dream of "winning" combinations? grin Can you say for sure there are no lottery players who have dreamt specific dates and combinations but were disappointed? grin Even if there are such cases of this kind of disappointment, would you hear it in the news? Highest, it shrugged off as "just a dream" and the player goes for another ticket. If having gone through such disappointment and a similar dream, with a different combination, surfaces and it is successful, you will only get to hear of the "successful" dream while other past "unsuccessful" ones are swept under the carpet. It's all coincidence. Among religious folks, prayers that are "successful" are seen as evidence for god even though all they even accomplish are things that are natural however the odds.

Let's us not forget that sometimes, we could be so mentally and emotionally involved in something and desperate about it that they show up in dreams (in any form or trace with varying degrees of coherency). Given this, should it come as a surprise that most winners are dedicated players? I once dreamt that Chelsea will defeat Man Utd in the 2008 ucl final with a score of 2-0 but you know how that turned out. grin I once dreamt that I would acquire a certain video game and I did. Think about your dreams that came to pass and the ones that didn't and tell me if this unreliable prediction tool (dream) shouldn't be passed off as randomised.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
Martinez39:
First of all, there is a possibility that they could be lying or exaggerating things and there is also a possibility that their testimonies could have some elements of truth. However, I shall, in my preceding argument, assume that the dreams they talked about happened.

As expected, we can see that the time between when the dreams occurred and when they hit the jackpot varies. The shortest time was a night before the lottery win (as seen in the lucky family's case). Why didn't other lottery winners have theirs a night before? If a spirit can see events thirty years from now, can't it see what will happen tomorrow and can't it be specific with the time of the given jackpot? Why are they not all given the lucky numbers for the very next jackpot? Why do some of them get the numbers without a specific date and have to waste money on tickets for many years before hitting the jackpot? Perhaps, the spiritual can be described in such a way that permits these discrepancies and pettiness. Such description would be a hypothesis that have no proof and no good reason to be embraced as facts.

Can you tell me with boldness that some lottery players who have died without winning a dime, despite spending much, didn't dream of "winning" combinations? grin Can you say for sure there are no lottery players who have dreamt specific dates and combinations but were disappointed? grin Even if there are such cases of this kind of disappointment, would you hear it in the news? Highest, it shrugged off as "just a dream" and the player goes for another ticket. If having gone through such disappointment and a similar dream, with a different combination, surfaces and it is successful, you will only get to hear of the "successful" dream while other past "unsuccessful" ones are swept under the carpet. It's all coincidence. Among religious folks, prayers that are "successful" are seen as evidence for god even though all they even accomplish are things that are natural however the odds.

Let's us not forget that sometimes, we could be so mentally and emotionally involved in something and desperate about it that they show up in dreams (in any form or trace with varying degrees of coherency). Given this, should it come as a surprise that most winners are dedicated players? I once dreamt that Chelsea will defeat Man Utd in the 2008 ucl final with a score of 2-0 but you know how that turned out. grin I once dreamt that I would acquire a certain video game and I did. Think about your dreams that came to pass and the ones that didn't and tell me if this unreliable prediction tool (dream) shouldn't be passed off as randomised.

Intellectually I totally agree with you (see the two stories I have posted below). The only problem is that I have had my own personal experiences. Just recently I dreamt I was on this trip and was very upset because I left a particular item. It happened exactly - I was on the trip and was very upset because I left the item! What exactly is going on!

STORY # 1

james randi

james "The Amazing" randi (born 1928) is a former magician and a scientific skeptic perhaps best known as a challenger of paranormal claims and pseudoscience. He is the founder of the james randi Educational Foundation (JREF), and co-founder of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, originally known as the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal.

The million-dollar challenge is a prize offered by the james randi foundation to anyone "who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event."
It has yet to be won though there have been a vast number of attempts.

randi started the james randi Educational Foundation to monitor applications for the $1 million prize, and to serve as an organizing body to help promote skepticism and provide educational resources on claims of the paranormal.
The foundation was headed by james randi for many years before he retired from its presidency.
In 1987 he exposed the Peter Popoff ministry for faking their faith healing claims. The resulting scandal drove Popoff into bankruptcy.
When challenged in 2011 Sally Morgan did not even attempt the challenge.
Sylvia Browne is the only widely known psychic who has offered to take up the challenge. Sylvia was a popular television psychic who claimed that she could communicate with the dead. On March 6, 2001, she agreed to take up the challenge.
To her dying day she did not take the challenge. Sylvia's first excuse was because she did not know how to contact randi. That is comical: a professional psychic who speaks to dead people cannot figure out how to reach randi. Her following excuse was that she did not want to take the challenge because randi is a godless individual—all the more reason she should take the challenge. If the supernatural could be proven and demonstrated, and the $1,000,000 were claimed, it would be a tremendous blow to randi and the skeptical community, and a tremendous boost to her career as a psychic.

“I regard randi as a national treasure, and perhaps one of the remaining antidotes that may prevent the rotting of the American mind.”
—Arthur C. Clarke

STORY #2

To verify existence of ghosts, Houdini (a skeptic and one of the greatest if not the greatest magician) and his wife, Bess, promised each other that whoever died first would try to contact the other "from the other side". He and Bess devised a secret message, a code phrase that would be used.
After Houdini died in 1926, Bess began the tradition of holding a séance on the death annivarsary to see whether Houdini, the Man No Jail Could Hold, could indeed escape from death.
In 1936, the "Final Séance" was held on the roof of the Knickerbocker Hotel in Los Angeles. Ten years was enough, and Bess admitted that she had never received any message from Houdini.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by Martinez39(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Intellectually I totally agree with you (see the two stories I have posted below). The only problem is that I have had my own personal experiences. Just recently I dreamt I was on this trip and was very upset because I left a particular item. It happened exactly - I was on the trip and was very upset because I left the item! What exactly is going on!
It's a coincidence. What about your dreams that didn't come to pass?

STORY # 1

james randi

james "The Amazing" randi (born 1928) is a former magician and a scientific skeptic perhaps best known as a challenger of paranormal claims and pseudoscience. He is the founder of the james randi Educational Foundation (JREF), and co-founder of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, originally known as the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal.

The million-dollar challenge is a prize offered by the james randi foundation to anyone "who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event."
It has yet to be won though there have been a vast number of attempts.

randi started the james randi Educational Foundation to monitor applications for the $1 million prize, and to serve as an organizing body to help promote skepticism and provide educational resources on claims of the paranormal.
The foundation was headed by james randi for many years before he retired from its presidency.
In 1987 he exposed the Peter Popoff ministry for faking their faith healing claims. The resulting scandal drove Popoff into bankruptcy.
When challenged in 2011 Sally Morgan did not even attempt the challenge.
Sylvia Browne is the only widely known psychic who has offered to take up the challenge. Sylvia was a popular television psychic who claimed that she could communicate with the dead. On March 6, 2001, she agreed to take up the challenge.
To her dying day she did not take the challenge. Sylvia's first excuse was because she did not know how to contact randi. That is comical: a professional psychic who speaks to dead people cannot figure out how to reach randi. Her following excuse was that she did not want to take the challenge because randi is a godless individual—all the more reason she should take the challenge. If the supernatural could be proven and demonstrated, and the $1,000,000 were claimed, it would be a tremendous blow to randi and the skeptical community, and a tremendous boost to her career as a psychic.

“I regard randi as a national treasure, and perhaps one of the remaining antidotes that may prevent the rotting of the American mind.”
—Arthur C. Clarke

STORY #2

To verify existence of ghosts, Houdini (a skeptic and one of the greatest if not the greatest magician) and his wife, Bess, promised each other that whoever died first would try to contact the other "from the other side". He and Bess devised a secret message, a code phrase that would be used.
After Houdini died in 1926, Bess began the tradition of holding a séance on the death annivarsary to see whether Houdini, the Man No Jail Could Hold, could indeed escape from death.
In 1936, the "Final Séance" was held on the roof of the Knickerbocker Hotel in Los Angeles. Ten years was enough, and Bess admitted that she had never received any message from Houdini.
This shows that the spiritual is utter piffle and spiritual experts of any kind are frauds. Certain spiritual experts are deluded but it doesn't make their claims about the supernatural true.
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Martinez39:

This shows that the spiritual is utter piffle and spiritual experts of any kind are frauds. Certain spiritual experts are deluded but it doesn't make their claims about the supernatural true.

I am the one that had the dream and I can assure you, IT IS NOT COINCIDENCE AT ALL. And there are also other instances.

As for spiritual, I was once attacked by a gang - a group of guys known to me. In the heat and passion of the attack I passionately prayed that they be destroyed in Jesus name. First, the attack mysteriously stopped.’ Then over the next several weeks they were all destroyed, one by one. To me it is beyond coincidence - something happened
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by CanadaOrBust: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
Martinez39:

BTW another topic of mine just made front page:

https://www.nairaland.com/5516726/monday-ubani-london-trip-buhari
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? Destiny? Why? by ubunja(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I am the one that had the dream and I can assure you, IT IS NOT COINCIDENCE AT ALL. And there are also other instances.

As for spiritual, I was once attacked by a gang - a group of guys known to me. In the heat and passion of the attack I passionately prayed that they be destroyed in Jesus name. First, the attack mysteriously stopped.’ Then over the next several weeks they were all destroyed, one by one. To me it is beyond coincidence - something happened
sorry bissman unforeseen circumstances are keeping me busy and away from whatsapp. Can we do our talk same time tomorrow if it's not too much of an inconvenience for you.

I also won't be posting tonight because I'm tied up with family matters.

(1) (Reply)

How I Married A Chronic Liar & Prostitute:please Advise! / Meeting Place: Meet Cute Young Man And Ladies Here.. / Couple Allegedly Commit Suicide Over Wedding Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.