Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,594 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup (15522 Views)

My Siberian Husky Gave Birth To 3 Pups. / Guys, My Ekuke Gave Birth (Tomorrow Is The Naming) / All About The Nigerian Shepherd Dog (Ekuke, Nkita) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2020
DVMtuppence:

Have you mated the mother after that incidence, if yes, how was it?
It took her a long time to come on heat again. She's on heat now. I'm waiting for the blood spotting to stop and I'll get a good dog to mate her. I'm being more careful now. All those local dogs are already parading my fence. Waiting for her to sneak out. She's on lockdown

7 Likes

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Seun(m): 8:55am On Jul 28, 2020
Afam4eva:
What's the proper name of the dog we call Ekuke/Nkita aka Local Dog
Many countries all over the world have “pariah dogs” that scavenge on human scraps and garbage. They are usually small and very independent, with short, light brown coats. They are not a breed, but breeds have been created out of the more unique specimens, such as the Basenji, Canaan Dog, Carolina Dog, New Guinea Singing Dog, INDog, etc. The Nigerian Ekuke is not a breed but perhaps we can create a useful breed out of the ones used by hunters.

why don't people like them?
Honestly I think the main reason is their small size and their generic look. People don’t feel impressed or intimidated when they see a local dog.

8 Likes

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Bojack(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Afam4eva:
What's the proper name of the dog we call Ekuke/Nkita aka Local Dog and why don't people like them? Is it that they're not smart or what? I thought dogs are supposed to turn out based on how they're trained.
seems familiar

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by BamBamK: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2020
hehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehe

Kelvin30286063:

I swear that dog is a mad melon!

If anyone here thinks it's my fault. Please just tell me where you live and I'll personally drive down to give you the dog for just 1 week. If you don't call me to come and carry my headache, call me whatever name you like!
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Afam4eva(m): 2:49am On Jul 30, 2020
Seun:
Many countries all over the world have “pariah dogs” that scavenge on human scraps and garbage. They are usually small and very independent, with short, light brown coats. They are not a breed, but breeds have been created out of the more unique specimens, such as the Basenji, Canaan Dog, Carolina Dog, New Guinea Singing Dog, INDog, etc. The Nigerian Ekuke is not a breed but perhaps we can create a useful breed out of the ones used by hunters.

Honestly I think the main reason is their small size and their generic look. People don’t feel impressed or intimidated when they see a local dog.
Thank You. I've always felt maybe they're not as smart as the other dogs, that' why they're looked down upon.
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by zsch: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

The new look after... Not counting. He is really growing and I'm happy he is cute.
Pictures were taken today so that's the latest from the dog

Any recent pics please?
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by adelana81357: 1:45am On Aug 02, 2020
okay
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by odun51587: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2020
okay
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Thazard(m): 12:40am On Aug 20, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
Okay
Please can I see some pics of that dog when it's grown up?
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Obakovicho: 4:45am On Aug 20, 2020
How the dog? Pix

1 Like

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by shox(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
ganiuofficial:
how is the dog now embarassed
tongue Something wey we don chop.

Sorry you’re late for the feast cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by BamBamK: 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
shox:

tongue Something wey we don chop.

Sorry you’re late for the feast cool cool cool cool

Lie lie...

Kelvin, come clear air o
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Destinygsd: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
What a lovely pup u got there thank Ggod iTSS not aall brown even if it is its still a pup love it no matter d abuse u get (MONKEY NO FYN BUT IM MAMA LIKE AM) still look forward to mine tho. ;DWhat a lovely pup u got there thank Ggod iTSS not aall brown even if it is its still a pup love it no matter d abuse u get (MONKEY NO FYN BUT IM MAMA LIKE AM) still look forward to mine tho.
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by KingMack(m): 8:45am On Jan 25
Kelvin30286063:
So I was not going to share this before cuz I was very angry and disappointed at my dog. Basically I was ashamed to.
My dog gave birth about 5 days ago. The funny thing is I didn't even know she was pregnant.
Before you call me a careless owner, I will like to point out that I take good care of my dog. Aside my wife, she's next in line and she eats the best food and all that but I was so inexperienced.
About 4 weeks ago, I noticed her belly area was getting bigger and I check so I noticed her breast were big but my wife and I just clamped down on it saying she's just maturing.
Fast forward to 5 days ago, my dog gave birth to a pup before I woke up. She literally messed up the whole house with blood too.

We live in a fenced compound with well secured gates. How she got out to mate when she was on heat 3 months ago is what I don't know.
Yes I know she sneaks out sometimes through the doors of the shop attached to the building but I was careful when she was on heat cuz I know there are lots of local dogs in my street and they have been on her neck for so long.

I also miscalculated her heat period, I thought when the blood stain stopped that ovulation has stopped, didn't know that is when it actually starts so I became a little loss with her when I noticed the blood stains are gone.

Lo and behold, my dog gave birth to an Ekuke... cheesy and to make matters more annoying, she only gave birth to just one living pup. Vet doc said the pup is too big for a dog of her size so maybe that was why it was only one. But the annoying part is she was not even ready yet! She was only 9 months old when she came on heat.

The puppy is cute and it looks like he will have fluffy hairs like my dog so I'm keeping him or dashing him out to my little brother.

Please don't make fun of me. I tried to avoid this situation by buying two American Eskimos but the male died at 6 months old. undecided

Your ekuke go don grow now😊
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:56am On Jan 25
KingMack:

Your ekuke go don grow now😊
I gave it out as soon as she was 2 months ago. She was cute and all but very stubborn. Typically distructive like local dogs.
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by KingMack(m): 9:54am On Jan 25
Kelvin30286063:

I gave it out as soon as she was 2 months ago. She was cute and all but very stubborn. Typically distructive like local dogs.

😂😂😂😂 I beg if the mama born again gv me one na🙏
Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by Seun(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25
How is your Eskimo Ekuke doing?

2 Likes

Re: My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:10pm On Jan 25
Seun:
How is your Eskimo Ekuke doing?

Good evening Seun there is something I want to discuss with you but on here is there a way I can reach you?

It is for an idea for a new section that will be very interactive and have huge traffic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience / (picture) Mysterious!! Big Snake With 7 Heads Discovered In India / The Danger Of Feeding Your Dogs Raw Meat/Foetus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.