Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? (13073 Views)

Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by bawomolo(m): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
maedan:

Good, sensible question. People venting here have a right, of course, but it is groundless and a waste of time. Almost like venting at the corrupt political climate or the wretched economic situation the country is now in. Coming to NL to blow hot air like they care. Any of the female footballers reading all this junk will now feel silly for doing the trailer run, while there was really nothing wrong with it by Nigerian standards. And yes, I said it: Nigerian standards, not freaking "western world" standards like that clown in military uniform (bidemi12) expects from a country like ours.

this attitude to things seems self-defeating.   it seems we have become prisoners in our misery.
we just don't expect better anymore. as i said before, a handshake ceremony and dinner would have been more appropriate. 

there is no need to parade the women in a truck if the demand for their sport is low (which honestly is true)
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by maedan(f): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
BoboYekini:

try to be clear with your statements, what do you mean by the bolded? If nobody watched or cared why are some of us pained by this nonsense and wickedness?
its like you girls/women are the greatest problem of the falcons, check the entire thread, its only the girls saying whats the big deal, at least the trailer was decorated. this is the same rubbish they tell their politician husbands/boyfriends at home,
'honey, whats the big deal, let them suffer jor, at least they still have garri to drink,
just very wicked

It is the very fact that we are women that we know exactly what they are going through and have the right to say, what is the big deal. Because this is neither the first or last time women, whether in sports or business or politics, will receive lesser treatment than their male counterparts. If we rile like you at every slight to our fellow females, we would have killed ourselves long ago by the effort. We don't need, don't appreciate all the male ranting here bc deep down we know you all are just patronizing these poor girls who have the sense to "manage" what they have and deal with it all with the dignity, smiles and good nature they have shown.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by fstranger: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
maedan:

It is the very fact that we are women that we know exactly what they are going through and have the right to say, what is the big deal. Because this is neither the first or last time women, whether in sports or business or politics, will receive lesser treatment than their male counterparts. If we rile like you at every slight to our fellow females, we would have killed ourselves long ago by the effort. We don't need, don't appreciate all the male ranting here bc deep down we know you all are just patronizing these poor girls who have the sense to "manage" what they have and deal with it all with the dignity, smiles and good nature they have shown.

Women don't deserve anything imho, bunch of whores!
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by maedan(f): 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
bawomolo:

well prepared for the occasion?  the terms improvise and well prepared do not belong together. 

it's not a must they hold a parade, a handshake ceremony and dinner would have been more befitting.

Very funny. Like you've forgotten this is Nigeria, and the trailer parade is just what the masses will relate to, not your fancy hand shake ceremony and "befitting" dinner. How many of the everyday fans would have been invited to such a grand occasion? But with the trailer, the fans in their multitude get to give the girls the honour and support in the only way they know how.

bawomolo:

this attitude to things seems self-defeating.   it seems we have become prisoners in our misery.
we just don't expect better anymore. as i said before, a handshake ceremony and dinner would have been more appropriate.  

Not that I have the time or inclination to reply/argue every point raised by you or others, but I need to state my own opinion with as much conviction as ever: this is Nigeria. Nothing has been the way we want it, not for the past 60 years. It is not "self-defeating" to STOP COMPLAINING about the same things over and over again without any forseen results. Do your bit, get on with it, and just pray for a change.  Because coming to a site to rant and rave is certainly not going to bring change for you.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by bawomolo(m): 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
maedan:

Not that I have the time or inclination to reply/argue every point raised by you or others, but I need to state my own opinion with as much conviction as ever: this is Nigeria. Nothing has been the way we want it, not for the past 60 years. It is not "self-defeating" to STOP COMPLAINING about the same things over and over again without any forseen results. Do your bit, get on with it, and just pray for a change.  Because coming to a site to rant and rave is certainly not going to bring change for you.

haven't we prayed enough?  we would agree to disagree
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by fredoooooo: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
And DORA was somwhere saying rubbish about Nigeria/naija , so many things is wrong in this country
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
[size=18pt]This is not the first time- whats the big deal? Kanu and co rode in something like this when they won the under 17 cup, same when they won the gold medal in the olympics and same when they won the nations cup. So, whats all these talk and where is it coming from?[/size]
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2010
fstranger:

What sort of statement is this?
Do you have a mother at all?
I dont really comment on this forum but that statement should be eaten up by you.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by osasyankee(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2010
maryjames9:

What sort of statement is this?
Do you have a mother at all?
I dont really comment on this forum but that statement should be eaten up by you.

He'z a pig, Just don't mind him. He should be among those abandoned by their LovePeddler mum at the roadside to rot.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by footreja: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2010
fstranger:

@ fstranger
So, your mother is a LovePeddler?. If she is alive, she supposed to curse you to die within 7 days. Bastard.

And to all saying No big deal in that Trailer show. I pray for you to be victorious in your life, you all sounded like a Never-do-well. grin
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
very soon thread go start on nigerians in diaspora,if those that bring smiles to the faces of ordinary Nigerians when the govt have failed can be treated this way,where is the hope for those coming to do tangible things
na wah to us sha
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2010

to the guy who wrote this,I guess based on your assumption,your MOTHER is a LovePeddler,your SISTER is a LovePeddler,your AUNTIE is a LovePeddler,your G-MOTHER IS A LovePeddler
AND IF YOU ARE THE PRODUCT OF WHORES,THAT MEANS YOU MUST BE A BASTARD
RETARDED FOOL COMING HERE TO SPEW YOUR STUPID BILE.GUESS NA YANSH YOU DEY PURSUE,EWOO gay LIKE YOU,YOU THINK SAY NA UR TYPE DEM DEY LOOK FOR HERE
OOPS! NAIRALAND JUST DEY ALLOW ANY DONKEY AND MONKEY POST COMMENT SHA
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Dariye(m): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
What d guys failed 2 do,d babes did it successively. But is it fair 2 treat them dis way.
Now if dis is d 1st treatment they get,who knows what other terrible things are waiting 4 them.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ragdollz: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
Waow this is too shameful even by NFA standards. I feel v.ashamed to be a Nigerian talk less of a woman. I never knew Nigeria was this wretched until now.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2010
On Nairaland, jobless people take panadol for another person headache. If a limousine had shown up to convey these ladies, a lot of these yam stealers will still come here to condemn it saying tax payers money are being wasted. This was done to drive them round for all to see, do you have low gumptions?
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by fstranger: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2010
ishit4body:

On Nairaland, jobless people take panadol for another person headache.

Abi ooooo my sister!
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ragdollz: 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
ishit4body:

On Nairaland, jobless people take panadol for another person headache. If a limousine had shown up to convey these ladies, a lot of these yam stealers will still come here to condemn it saying tax payers money are being wasted. This was done to drive them round for all to see, do you have low gumptions?

Drive them around for all to see you say? Is there no other way of conveying human beings around, not to talk of the so-called "Champions of Africa"? Take a closer look at those pictures again. Look at the cheap banners and flyers used to decorate the trailer. Minimum effort was put into this and I think they could have done better for these hard working girls. If you're not ashamed, then I am ashamed for you and on your behalf. If you like tell me I'm also taking your panadol too. Na wa for some people. So blind undecided.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
But this is not the first time this is done? Are you people just suddenly waking up or what? Or just the fact that nairaland is open makes every tom di ck and harry to write something?
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ragdollz: 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
ishit4body:

But this is not the first time this is done? Are you people just suddenly waking up or what? Or just the fact that nairaland is open makes every tom di ck and harry to write something?

Pls give an example of who they should leave it open/close for? I guess only people with your kind of reasoning should be allowed to write something here, I see? Well you don't have to feel superior, I can't seem to see what you have achieved with your 177 posts so far.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2010
oh.
Nairaland is where spunks like you come to gain award for something achieved? I pity you. Great achievers award on NairaLand. Spunk.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ragdollz: 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
ishit4body:

oh.
Nairaland is where spunks like you come to gain award for something achieved? I pity you. Great achievers award on NairaLand. Spunk.

You are too pompous for your own good. You also seem to come across as rude, vile and self-important. Work on yourself before trying to insult others. You'll only get smacked down. Anyway I'm not here for beef, just to share views without negativity. Try it sometime ok.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by chelseabmw(m): 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Am still in shock
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Seaen(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
This is not funny at all o. Do u mean the same trailer den dey use carry cows? lipsrsealed
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by no1madman(m): 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2010
mmmm!i smell shit!who shit 4 body?
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by 3sha4lyf: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2010
ishit4body:

[size=18pt]This is not the first time- whats the big deal? Kanu and co rode in something like this when they won the under 17 cup, same when they won the gold medal in the olympics and same when they won the nations cup. So, whats all these talk and where is it coming from?[/size]

[size=18pt]AND[/size]

ishit4body:

[size=22pt]Oh,  Now really, who the heck is this *Ishit4body*?
Anyway, your id tells a lot about you, you're nothing but shit.
How can you talk like that if indeed you are a woman? Kanu Nwankwo n co, during their times, they were even given state-of-the-art cars. How can you tell me that putting these winners in a truck meant for cows was the best way to celebrate them. can you enter such. I hate you and i feel like tearing you up. you are a senseless woman, thats if you are. if they were put in limousines, EVERYONE (maybe except the wicked and kill-joy you) would have been happy becos they know that they deserved it. All your posts on this 9raland dont make sense and if you claim to have schooled abroad, WHAT A WASTE OF FUNDS ON UR HEAD!!!
PSCHEEEEW!![/size]!
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by jumobi1(m): 1:04am On Nov 17, 2010
I'm sure the NFA or whatever they call it now gave someone a $10000 contract to pick up the team and officials from the airport.
I'm saying $10000 cos anything more would just be shamelessly corrupt.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by mamagee3(f): 1:05am On Nov 17, 2010
What were you expecting?

Were you expecting them to be picked up from the airport in a limousine? grin
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by asscend: 1:49am On Nov 17, 2010
Which is the best available truck in Nigeria to carry them?

I have a feeling this is what is easily available; hence they used it.

If you don't like it please show us better ones that would have been used so we can compare and send it to the National assembly for approval. May be one billion naira will be allocated for the purchase. (Don't come back and cry foul when they approve it).

Any way guys this is a good opportunity to start a business in this sector as i see the demand is huge.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by HighChief4(m): 2:46am On Nov 17, 2010

Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Fadolistic(m): 5:25am On Nov 17, 2010
Dat cant b true na,
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by usbcable(m): 6:42am On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

ishit4body:

On Nairaland, jobless people take panadol for another person headache.
fstranger:

Abi ooooo  my sister!
@shit4body,
you are a LovePeddler(not my words) according to your supporter and brother fstranger.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by fstranger: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2010
usbcable:

@shit4body,
you are a LovePeddler(not my words) according to your supporter and brother fstranger.

Yes, your are right, she is a LovePeddler. She has never denied it.

If you are interested in banging her, knock yourself out. Just make sure you have it on record, that's all, am not asking for too much.

Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers / Tokyo2020: Nigeria Crash Out Of Women's 4x100m Relay As Enekwechi Fails To Shine / Inter Milan ‘to Terminate’ Eriksen’s Contract Six Months After Cardiac Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.