Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? (13072 Views)

Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by alex406(m): 7:23am On Nov 17, 2010
But honestly this is very bad,they are the champions and they should at least be shown some respect they deserve,this is madness,when are we gonna grow?
Shameful Government!!!
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by FBS: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2010
Nigeria’s Super Falcons who yesterday afternoon returned from South Africa with the African Women Championships trophy were shockingly given a treatment fit for losers who came back home early from the war. The girls who fought hard for their seventh win of the African title and the sixth in the series since the tournament became an official championship, found themselves being herded into an old MAN-Diesel truck that had been converted to load cargoes. The10-tonne bus took the heroines from the Murtala Mohammed International Airport to the local terminus.

If this arrangement looked bad, then the type of vehicle that even the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had originally arranged to transport the African female champions, had to be seen as anti-state behaviour. They had earlier arranged for a raggedly, flat-bed, Mack trailer (XS668 LSD) that had no hand railing to hold on to. However, federation officials at the airport to organize the reception for the ladies, sensing the danger the truck posed, had to quickly discard it for the Man-Diesel substitute, which was hardly a credible alternative.

The driver of the truck that eventually drove the team, who gave his name as ‘Baba Oyege’, admitted his truck was a ‘Goods Only’ at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company, the cargo wing of the MMI. Responding to a question as to how he managed to corner the very edifying job of transporting the latest national heroines, the driver of the truck had got elated at the rare chance to boast, and paraphrased, he said: “My name? Ah, I’m known as Baba Oyege. This truck is for carrying goods at NAHCO. It belongs to my father.”

To portray how little the federation men think of the Falcons, ‘Baba Oyege’ even appeared for the job topless (he was not wearing a shirt on his trousers). “Any Work is work,” he said in response to whether he felt dignified having such illustrious Nigerians as ‘cargo’ as different to his normal load of baggage. “It doesn’t matter to me the nature of the cargo. Cargo is cargo, whether they are champion footballers or arrested drug pushers. Mine is to deliver the goods right on time from one place to the other.”
By now, the poor man was profusely sweating, having been stressed by the delay caused by the unnecessary protocol and the heat coming from the half exposed engine of the rickety he had to keep revving to keep it from stalling …and probably refusing to kick back to life if it stopped.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ragdollz: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2010
FBS:

Nigeria’s Super Falcons who yesterday afternoon returned from South Africa with the African Women Championships trophy were shockingly given a treatment fit for losers who came back home early from the war. The girls who fought hard for their seventh win of the African title and the sixth in the series since the tournament became an official championship, found themselves being herded into an old MAN-Diesel truck that had been converted to load cargoes. The10-tonne bus took the heroines from the Murtala Mohammed International Airport to the local terminus.

If this arrangement looked bad, then the type of vehicle that even the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had originally arranged to transport the African female champions, had to be seen as anti-state behaviour. They had earlier arranged for a raggedly, flat-bed, Mack trailer (XS668 LSD) that had no hand railing to hold on to. However, federation officials at the airport to organize the reception for the ladies, sensing the danger the truck posed, had to quickly discard it for the Man-Diesel substitute, which was hardly a credible alternative.

The driver of the truck that eventually drove the team, who gave his name as ‘Baba Oyege’, admitted his truck was a ‘Goods Only’ at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company, the cargo wing of the MMI. Responding to a question as to how he managed to corner the very edifying job of transporting the latest national heroines, the driver of the truck had got elated at the rare chance to boast, and paraphrased, he said: “My name? Ah, I’m known as Baba Oyege. This truck is for carrying goods at NAHCO. It belongs to my father.”

To portray how little the federation men think of the Falcons, ‘Baba Oyege’ even appeared for the job topless (he was not wearing a shirt on his trousers). “Any Work is work,” he said in response to whether he felt dignified having such illustrious Nigerians as ‘cargo’ as different to his normal load of baggage. “It doesn’t matter to me the nature of the cargo. Cargo is cargo, whether they are champion footballers or arrested drug pushers. Mine is to deliver the goods right on time from one place to the other.”
By now, the poor man was profusely sweating, having been stressed by the delay caused by the unnecessary protocol and the heat coming from the half exposed engine of the rickety he had to keep revving to keep it from stalling …and probably refusing to kick back to life if it stopped.

What a shame. Well, I guess it was better than nothing.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by dominique(f): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2010
what can i say that has not been said on this thread. i won't be surprised or disappointed if the ladies fail to deliver in next year's world cup.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2010
FBS:

Kafkaesque comedy. only in nigeria

buy one falcon get two free
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by tpia5: 11:49am On Nov 17, 2010
the half exposed engine of the rickety he had to keep revving to keep it from stalling …and probably refusing to kick back to life if it stopped.

hopefully at least the girls didnt have to get down and push the truck, assisted by well wishing fans and onlookers.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2010
Naija u wouldnt disappoint me anyday,
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Olaolufred(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
shame on NFF.

Shame on Goodluck Jonathan.

Shame on the Looters of Nigeria football money.

Shame on them all.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
In as much as I dont like blaming the NFF for every flaws associatd with our football, I cant help but hide my head in shame 4 putting those yams,sori SUPER FALCONS in a truck. Shame!
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by damilola15: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2010
Really I've been so out of touch with things that I don't even know that they actually won the event.

, but seriously, win or loose were they picked up in that thing?
were I one of those girls, I'd fake a stomach pain and turn the other way round to pick a taxi.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ragdollz: 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2010
damilola15:

Really I've been so out of touch with things that I don't even know that they actually won the event.

, but seriously, win or loose were they picked up in that thing?
were I one of those girls, I'd fake a stomach pain and turn the other way round to pick a taxi.

Lol, why now? Good idea but you'll miss all the fun from the adoring fans.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by 1025: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2010
when uti won the bba, uncle joe sent his congratulatory massage across. now that our female team has won awc, i am wondering if uncle joe is aware of this yeye tiper used in cargoing the girls to their hostels.
this is a shame to a claimed democratic country and an oil rich nigeria.
if we cannot afford a national carrier(air craft), what about a quality bus or a tourist bus.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by damilola15: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2010
ragdollz:

Lol, why now? Good idea but you'll miss all the fun from the adoring fans.

Don't worry, the sight of "that thing" wouldn't make me think of them but we'll both settle for autographs tongue tongue tongue tongue @ press conference or on d street grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2010
Its shame!!! Shame to all YOU NFA. Shame to even ur associates!
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by gididi: 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2010
Believe it or not,cow will not enter that wreck called trailer.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by bawomolo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2010
gididi:

Believe it or not,cow will not enter that wreck called trailer.

grin grin
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by emmydee(m): 12:12am On Nov 18, 2010
somthing is wrong with nigeria
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by oyinda3(f): 12:22am On Nov 18, 2010
They at least dressed up the trailer

lol
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:16am On Nov 18, 2010
Since the NFF knew they didnt have the right logistics to handle the situation, They should rather have conveyed the girls in a Luxurious bus and had them stick their heads out the window and wave at their adouring fans. This is a National disgrace.

Those Girls should have opted to walk from International to MMA2.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Chongaiman: 2:20am On Nov 18, 2010
Couldn't stop giggling initially. Just another scene in this theatre of the absurd. Could it be that the NFF was trying to cut costs in order to pay for Amos Adamu's lawyer at the FIFA hearing?
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Chongaiman: 2:20am On Nov 18, 2010
tongue wink
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 18, 2010
IF THIS IS TRUE: lol black people.
I still say Viva Cameroon! though tongue
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2010
Some people dont realy think before they talk. The fowl who says black people, what has that got do with the issue on ground? and some foreigners even come here to talk brash about Nigeria, those whose countries national sports team can not even afford money to send their team to the competition talkless of winning it, and all you people can do is to post comments upon comments that has no meaning, absolutely no meaning.

The issue is not the trailer, the issue is the reason behind it, you all know the reason behind using the open trailer, this is not new, 1996, Kanu and co, they won the olympic gold, Keshi and co, when they won the African nations cup, the 1984 under 17 winning team also rode on a trailer, hey, even the French team that won the corld cup rode in a trailer. The people who knows what matters wont make these meaningless comments.

They rode in a trailer - yes, but tommorrow, you will be the one shouting the government has over compensated them when you hear what government has in stock for them.

Hypocrites- we all know Nigeria can afford to put them in a gold plated limousine, but, if that is done, you all will first kill yourselves first and say the same thing, you will say, shame on the black people. Just as i like it said here, shame on those goat eating black people who come here to talk ras.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 7:19am On Nov 18, 2010
3sha4lyf:

[size=18pt]AND[/size]

[size=22pt]Oh,  Now really, who the heck is this *Ishit4body*?
Anyway, your id tells a lot about you, you're nothing but poo.
How can you talk like that if indeed you are a woman? Kanu Nwankwo n co, during their times, they were even given state-of-the-art cars. How can you tell me that putting these winners in a truck meant for cows was the best way to celebrate them. can you enter such. I hate you and i feel like tearing you up. you are a senseless woman, thats if you are. if they were put in limousines, EVERYONE (maybe except the wicked and kill-joy you) would have been happy becos they know that they deserved it. All your posts on this 9raland dont make sense and if you claim to have schooled abroad, WHAT A WASTE OF FUNDS ON your HEAD!!!
PSCHEEEEW!![/size]!

You are realy senseless. You hate someone you cant see? You need to be sent to a pshychiatric home. Yes, and i will personally pay for it. Or if you realy hate me so much, you need to jump in front of a moving trailer, maybe this same one you are talking about. You need a single shot put into your belly, and i will ake sure that happens so soon, for being so foolish to say you hate someone you dont see. Common sense elludes you so blatantly.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2010
^B.tch this fowl has a name. Since you do not know it, you need to refer to me as MzDarkSkin. You are a female I am assuming and I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is your time of the month, but regardless you need to say wtf you need to say about the issue at hand and move along. This is a public forum and I simply made a joke, NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE. Get your panties out of you backside and go bleep yourself. Next time YOU check yourself before you post some bullshit. I may be a foreigner but I do not have anything but love for Africa and being that Nigeria is in Africa, she applies too. I crack jokes on my country and that of my mothers' the difference is some people have what is called a sense of bleeping humor, something your crawny backside knows nothing of so! once again go bleep yourself. Acting like your corny backside is on the team. A wam tu some crebe crebe ediat gyal? Ol' mongrel. Yes we eat curry goat in Jamaica and guess what? It is fan-bloodclot-tastic. Suk yu muma gyal. A wah yuh depon! You kno seh mi is the RIGHT ONE! Coop pon yuh, yuh not even stay good ol square shape Sponge Bob gyal.

& @3sha4lyf girl don't pay her a$s no mind, she is suffering from withdrawal tongue, you know how crack fiends are.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2010
So what? better than on motor bike. grin
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^B.tch this fowl has a name. Since you do not know it, you need to refer to me as MzDarkSkin. You are a female I am assuming and I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is your time of the month, but regardless you need to say wtf you need to say about the issue at hand and move along. This is a public forum and I simply made a joke, NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE. Get your panties out of you backside and go bleep yourself. Next time YOU check yourself before you post some bullshit. I may be a foreigner but I do not have anything but love for Africa and being that Nigeria is in Africa, she applies too. I crack jokes on my country and that of my mothers' the difference is some people have what is called a sense of bleeping humor, something your crawny backside knows nothing of so! once again go bleep yourself. Acting like your corny backside is on the team. A wam tu some crebe crebe ediat gyal? Ol' mongrel. Yes we eat curry goat in Jamaica and guess what? It is fan-bloodclot-tastic. Suk yu muma gyal. A wah yuh depon! You kno seh mi is the RIGHT ONE! Coop pon yuh, yuh not even stay good ol square shape Sponge Bob gyal.

& @3sha4lyf girl don't pay her a$s no mind, she is suffering from withdrawal tongue, you know how crack fiends are.

You have said nothing worth my time to reply. Silence is the best answer for a foolish nig, ger.
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by hallo(f): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2010
It seems the women in this country are being relegated to the background even after the falcons put a smile on the face of Nigerians again angry angry, if it was the super eagles that embarrased Nigerian, will they have put them in this cow carrying trailer? mchew
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Bella87(f): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
chai! see disgrace
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by Kenyanstar: 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
Nigerians are not only pathetic in Governance but a disgrace to its citizenry. To prove a point that this is gross incompetence Kenya, which is East and Central Africans powerhouse Modern buses are a requirement not only in state government departments but also schools. All primary, secondary and tertiary institutions are all supposed to acquire modern buses for its Students. Even Large nursery schools that cater for a big population of students are also required to obtain one for students comfort. This proves the point that Nigeria can never develop unless it replaces the old guard with a new political dispensation. Pathetic NAija OOOOHHHH
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by sukkyfab: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2010
i dont know why we nigerians refuse to understand,they are heros displayed for the whole nation to see ,,,hw do people expect them to be inside a coaster bus or jeeps.heros are to be shown to the world,so there is nothing wrong with the trailer, (Did u see the type of luxurious buses that conveyed them to the airport wen they were going for the tournament)
Re: Were The Super Falcons Really Picked Up From The Airport In A Trailer? by ishit4body(f): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2010
Dont mind them - these are the same people who will shout if they know how much these ladies earned per match and even in the entire tournament, they will say kill all of them for eating too much money. They are so double mouthed that even when you ask them their names they lie about it- i mean these beaf eating Nigerians. They criticise everything possible. Wait until government dashes money to these girls and wait what thread will come up and watch what these goat killing cartoon characters will come with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers / Tokyo2020: Nigeria Crash Out Of Women's 4x100m Relay As Enekwechi Fails To Shine / Inter Milan ‘to Terminate’ Eriksen’s Contract Six Months After Cardiac Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.