Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? (25994 Views)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / 3 Freelance Platforms To Consider If You Lose Your Job Due To Corona Virus / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ryan03(f): 10:31am On Nov 09, 2019
etibaba:
I wouldn't say i was desperate though, I just wanted to experience what it's like to earn, it was a factory job then around 2010-2011, daily wage was #550 cumulating to about #12650 monthly. It had 3 shifts, morning shift (6am - 2pm), afternoon shift(2pm - 9pm) and Night shift (9pm - 6am) mind u all shifts are without break.
your own good na, depends on the kind of work sha
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ryan03(f): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Omojudy:
12k. 2009. Private school teaching.
see better school
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by policysamuel(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Galaticos444:
During nysc d place i did my ppa paid me 15k but after nysc I was paid 108 thousand naira

A Federal Polytechnic?
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Bahamas95(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Abeg I nor fit talk my own, anytime I remember that unfortunate day I feel like killing the Papa wey give me dat mumu work

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by glassy(f): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
dancok:
now nko,

teaching in a school for N30k, with the stress of private lesson and after school lesson and still job hunting. planning on going to Port Harcourt to look for a better job. I don't want to give up yet because Enugu didn't favour me. sometimes, I wonder why I even studied so hard to get second class upper in the first place.

But I'm definitely not giving up anytime soon

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by officialfestus(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Auxtin85:
Me and 5 friends fell a tree for a friend’s mom, it took us 5 days and she paid us #100.
oh my Godcheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by SEGLIZ: 10:34am On Nov 09, 2019
m140:

Are you into business?
Some people are naturally wicked to say , but that business is not easy if you are starting small.

you are right, the start are good ones but the established one the real culprit here they just mean to say the least.
you find the same trait in them all like they were schooled for their act by same tutor, this they go to hold meetings on how to inflict pains on their teachers.
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by kendological(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2019
Auxtin85:
Me and 5 friends fell a tree for a friend’s mom, it took us 5 days and she paid us #100.
Worst.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ryan03(f): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2019
KingAzubuike:
165,000k.

Did it because I had no option.
ah! Excuse me, what do you do?
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by urahara(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2019
etibaba:
I wouldn't say i was desperate though, I just wanted to experience what it's like to earn, it was a factory job then around 2010-2011, daily wage was #550 cumulating to about #12650 monthly. It had 3 shifts, morning shift (6am - 2pm), afternoon shift(2pm - 9pm) and Night shift (9pm - 6am) mind u all shifts are without break.

12650 naira and you worked like a Mexican , Jesus !!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by SEGLIZ: 10:36am On Nov 09, 2019
Bahamas95:
Abeg I nor fit talk my own, anytime I remember that unfortunate day I feel like killing the Papa wey give me dat mumu work

I beg wetin happen, this one wey you talk like this.
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ryan03(f): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2019
K4daniel:
25k sakary every month was what i got working for One of the new generation Bank then 2008..while waiting for my call up letter. I just work with them for few months.
na big salary be that as at 2008 na
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ryan03(f): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
No salary, get paid when you make a sale, I waka my leg nearly catch fire. Made just one sale and ran for my dear life.
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by nahzyla: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2019
Mine was 20k for a small company in an isolated area. I would have managed but the owner of the place started insulting me and calling me a thief when God knows I never stole anything, in fact I was losing my personal money trying to keep the place afloat.
As if that wasn't enough they started delaying my salary because they were annoyed that I didn't make the amount of sales they expected that month.
It's truly not easy getting a job as a married woman with children in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Niffy95(f): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2019
My first job, I was supposed to be paid 40000 naira as per the agreement we had, during my first month I fell terribly sick, I had respiratory prob, I couldn’t breathe, I had to go home, how I got home that day was a miracle... I even I had to message my boss to tell him how I felt Nd told him I wld resume wen I’m better... I resumed 4 days after Nd he welcomed me...only for me to receive my first ever salary Nd the man gave me 24,000... telling me that I was absent for a week... I cried ooo, imagine he didn’t pay for my t.fare talkless of my medical bill.. I calculated and calculated... Nd I realized he cheated me... kai.. it pained me oo but I av sha left the place

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by BilltheDON(m): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2019
I have never worked for someone

.... Nysc 19800

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by olumaxi(m): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2019
etibaba:
bro..u enjoyed oo...mine was a factory job 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am...just d two shifts without break and ur money at month end wouldn't even reach 12k..say 11900k,
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Taylorbronner4(f): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr
Gone are those days!!!
My first salary in one national integrated power projects in Edo state under some expatriate ( maylasian, Thailand and Pakistani) was thirty thousand naira then.

But now i don't do salary shit

Now i just keep on bombing with my updated tools and format while changing my internet protocol from static to dynamic
eh eh
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by SEGLIZ: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2019
BilltheDON:
I have never worked for someone

.... Nysc 19800

your hustle will take farther than your dreams.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Depressed101: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2019
glassy:

I'm more worried about your name
not to worry, i seriously can't complain, more people has seen more.. I just have to deal with my problems...
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Securedknox: 10:47am On Nov 09, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr
Gone are those days!!!
My first salary in one national integrated power projects in Edo state under some expatriate ( maylasian, Thailand and Pakistani) was thirty thousand naira then.

Now i just keep on bombing with my updated tools and format while changing my internet protocol from static to dynamic

Sabi man, let's connect
Prolly on WhatsApp
Three-one-two six-two-two nine-nine-eight-two

+1
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Bahamas95(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2019
SEGLIZ:

I beg wetin happen, this one wey you talk like this.
Nairalanders with their bad-mouth will just finish me here. My guy the story nor funny at all o.....Even the money wey dem give me nor reach me transport reach house unto say I vex leave the work half way. That was in the past sha

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Jidebabs88(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2019
18k as a school principal 3years ago.
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Eportal123: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr
Gone are those days!!!

Hustle go pay. On god

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Dulcinea(f): 10:53am On Nov 09, 2019
I worked in a barbershop as a secretary for a month and the owner(a lady whom is a church member) told me that she didn't have money to pay me

And my salary was just #5k o cry

I didn't fight for the money, I just went home and I go another job a week after

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by philip0906(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2019
Starboytwo:
I worked for him, he refuse to pay me... I didn't say anything

On Sunday I saw his son, and we played football together (opposing team).... I mauled him, he got a nasty injury.... I told him sorry...

Later the next day, papa use police come arrest me For what na(dunno)... Spent two days with the popo as I refuse to call anybody.... No food, no nothing... Popo leave me....

I saw his car parked a week later, at night I vandalised it... Broke a lotta stuffs, tire, mirror, etc...

Police came again and took me(no evidence) but this time I called my people, narated what happened, I let public opinion crucify him....

Later he came for settlement, his boy limping, his car fu.cked up, all for what, cuz of 15k that was due me... I worked my ass out for that two weeks with him, but you wanna play me smart.... Emi mad man....

Nobody cheats me.... It's the only thing I'd kill for....

I collected my 15k, yes with a price, cuz I spent 3 days with popo( hard labour) but I got my money....

I apologise for his sons ankle, na football... As for the car I don't know no nothing....

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Offpoint: 10:55am On Nov 09, 2019
Auxtin85:
Devil right nowgringringrin and they said I'm wickedgrin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by SEGLIZ: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2019
Bahamas95:
Nairalanders with their bad-mouth will just finish me here. My guy the story nor funny at all o.....Even the money wey dem give me nor reach me transport reach house unto say I vex leave the work half way. That was in the past sha

at time wen people blame government I laugh because people wey wicked pass government full ground remain.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 09, 2019
glassy:

teaching in a school for N30k, with the stress of private lesson and after school lesson and still job hunting. planning on going to Port Harcourt to look for a better job. I don't want to give up yet because Enugu didn't favour me. sometimes, I wonder why I even studied so hard to get second class upper in the first place.

you must not, giving up is not an option now, you will surely reach your goal.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2019
My friend introduced me to an ibo girl that was selling refurbished phones. Our job was to travel around rural areas and sell the phones to gullible old people. The profit you make is your own salary.
I almost lost my legs after trekking. Last last, I sold 2 phone for 3500 each, my pay was 1k from both and I thank God. 15 days without selling anything, I finally made 1k.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Mekanus(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2019
glassy:

Don't give up sis. E go better. This country hard I swear.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Starboytwo(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2019
Aryastarks:
Iron man, please come and help me tell my boss to pay my salary
I'm not iron Man madam, infact I'm the most (gentlelest)man on Earth... If you reason with me normal, I'd reciprocate, likewise if you do wahrah, mtcheeew, dah one small, "oponle baje"...

Please reason with your boss...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Men Electrocuted In Kaduna While Working On A Streetlight / Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny / Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.