Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili (21000 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Damastermind(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2010
Lagos-lasgidi
abuja-abj
new york-d big apple
america-d States
nigeria-naija
big deal!Wtf is rong wif mrs dora?Abi she don dey madt!
Aint she gat beta fins to do?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ohaechesi(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2010
@poster

hmhmhmh! personally, i think we should encourage the usage of naija instead of Nigeria whereby everything about Nigeria has completely failed starting from the top. should i say the young generation has chosen to rebrand Nigeria by given their nation suitable and hitch free name

if i may ask, Why wont the companies prefer the rebranded name "naija" to make their way considering the alarming rate of internet fraudulent tag on that name 'Nigeria'. OBJ ignorantly sold that name "Nigeria" to the US government for abuse because i noticed the US is still not tagged fraudulent country even after world fraudulent act perpetuated by the likes Bill Gate (Y2K compliance fraud), Bernard Madoff (money manager, the cause of world financial crisic after being trained by the US government to defraud the world). yet, USA are free from being labeled fraudulent country via the internet. until the "Ngeria" internet scandals is flushed out completely, i seize to be recognized as a Nigeria rather a "naija". i have the right to choose and Mrs. Dora Akunyili, can't stop me
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2010
Dora has just proved the former A.G.N during yaradu's era right. She has reduced her self to nothing but a clown,a huge joke. she is nw in d same category with mr ibu,baba suwe,i go die & co(A COMEDIAN). cant wait 2c her perform in d nxt 9t of a thousand laugh. U can imagine how dis thieving so called leaders reason. They r so so dumb & disconected, when u c them on T.V dey look so serious & u believe they v got something to offer bt when they open their mouth 2spk u d observer become speachless at tins they say and do. Iran is their doing what they knw how 2do best (TERRORISM) in her NIGERIA & im yet 2hear her voice on this issue. Having said much, i guess Naija as a word has come to stay & there is nothing madam & co can do about it. NAIJA 4LIFE
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by LKRavitz(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2010
@ Tredkiller In your forest of a thousand demons, do u have problems with Seeing? i wrote Kravitz ! thanks for your attempt at correcting me.much appreciated. do have a good day!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by phantom23: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2010
Why make the outside of the cup clean, when the inside is full of worms and rot?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Ferya(f): 10:38am On Nov 16, 2010
What do you expect from a woman that is not busy? I think we have to rebrand Akunyili afterall she married all her daugthers off to oyibos and may be planning that for his son.
Madam get busy!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ayubam: 10:40am On Nov 16, 2010
Someone had told me that this woman did so well in NAFDAC just because the guys behind fake drugs are not really ruling class but guys who are just struggling to survive (that is not to say what they are doing is good) but i disagreed vehemently that she was the best and really wish she should be president. However, her performance ever since she became minister of information shows that she is clueless. A pharmacist who has refused to learn branding and advertising skills going on around the world. In brand transformation, name change is critical but not to loose identity, you coin such change from the old name. Mention Nigeria anywhere in the world, people think of corruption, 419, cheat etc. but we all agreed that we have better virtues. So as such, a right thinking minister who wants to rebrand nigeria will carefully consider a name change informally not to affect constitution such as NAIJA,  Guys do think of corruption when you see such Guiness advert like the POWER OF NAIJA,  GLO NAIJA SINGS, 0809JA ETC,  [b]That clearly shows this woman has no business being in that ministry. Let her go and open pharmaceutical shops in Awka where people will be sure of buying quality drugs and not adulterated. That is where her strength lies,  MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENT IS TOO BIG FOR HER,  DORA,  YOU JUST LOST A FRIEND,  I MANAGED YOUR INEPTITUDE MANAGEMENT OF EX-PRESIDENT CASE BUT NOW YOU HAVE SHOWN YOU ARE TRULY CLUELESS[/b]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by MAITEMA(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=58pt]NAIJA, 9ja, NyJa[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by mavtrevor(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=32pt]NAIJA[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by say4gunit(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2010
i don talk am before and i go still talk am again. 9ja, Naija,
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by mavtrevor(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2010
Is DORA her full name? isn't she Dorathy? So why cant Nigeria be called naija?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=28pt]DORA= OLD FASHIONED VILLAGE HEAD MISTRESS[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2010
Someone should tell this corrupt old b1tch to go settle her family problems and leave NAIJA alone.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ohaechesi(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2010
madam why na  have u seen what u caused to urself. i'm very sure you are reading this thread while it rolls
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by U1(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2010
Wetin madam minister dey talk? That one na for her side jare. To do something about those lots in the legislative chambers, they won't do anything; of course they can't do anything. Go check yourselves first before telling me to stop calling "Naija."

By the way, Naija is even an endearment term to an extent. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=26pt]is like telling Da-grin's army of fanatical supporters not to call him Da-grin but to refer to him by his Yoruba  name, Dora don kolo!!![/size]  undecided
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by usbcable(m): 10:55am On Nov 16, 2010
The SUPER FALCONS of Nigeria was welcomed in a trailer meant to carry good from Kano to Anambra.
And her with her co. Female govt. Officials will end up not being able to help things get better for the footballers.
It is the pidgin word for Nigeria she is concerned with.
She could as well ban pidgin english in public places,adverts and also ban Wazobia f.m as a whole to appease her ''oyinbo'' son in law.
I seldom use 9ja but hey, what about the protecting of indigenious identities.

I will miss banky W's advert;
0809ja for life.
darn I love that advert.na wa oh
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=24pt]WE SHALL VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE THAT EMBRACES NAIJA.

NIGERIA STANDS FOR- CORRUPTION, INCOMPETENCE, EMBEZZLEMENT, IN-DECISION, BABA GO-SLOW, PDP, BODE-GORGE, IBB, ABACHA, NEED I SAY MORE[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2010
Omo[b] Naija[/b] nimi
Naija ni won bi mi si
Naija ni mo ti bere si ni ka A B C
Omo[b] Naija[/b] ,mo le si fi be si
Awa[b] Naija[/b],won n gba wa lori BBC

yoruba Anthemn !
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by gamesb: 11:04am On Nov 16, 2010
madam na so u love this country reach? wey u carry all ur girls wey u born take give oyibo men to marry .
i beg make we hear some thing . we go see whether when u comot as minister u go still dey shout this ur rebranding.
dis ur rebranding thing is not complete . u are only shouting rebranding, rebranding , rebranding in radio , tv & newspapers just to be notice sharing facecap , t- shits etc  decieving ur self as even u working & decieving the whitemen . when our naija boys & girls committing all types of crimes like: 419, picking pocket  kiddpening , arm robbing corruption , ritualism , indecent dressing among the woman folks etc , ur rebranding should focus on attitudinal change & orientation , avoid corruption,  encourage hard work , maintain governemet property in their locality , right & obiligations etc.

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Madcow(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2010
Dora is a very stupid woman!

She should be sacked!

What happened to all the money she squandered in her bid to re-brand?

She should be resolving her family issues rather than making noise!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Phate07(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2010
Maybe we should even consider changing the name of the country to

Federal Republic of Naija or even
Naija Republic

Long Live Naija! undecided angry
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ladi02(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2010
Typical of Nigerian leaders, they see insignificant issues as what to focus on, when the main cause of the rot continues to destory the county

Rubbish, Madam Rebranding!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by dinggle: 11:16am On Nov 16, 2010
Is this woman serious?? GEJ should warn her to keep her mouth shot b4 his govt gets into trouble wit d people.
Give us light, give us electricity , give us security , bring stranded naijans in North Africa back home and leave the word naija alone for us.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by parislomo(f): 11:19am On Nov 16, 2010
byrron:

Dora has just proved the former A.G.N during yaradu's era right. She has reduced her self to nothing but a clown,a huge joke. she is nw in d same category with mr ibu,baba suwe,i go die & co(A COMEDIAN). cant wait 2c her perform in d nxt 9t of a thousand laugh.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by tyson55(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2010
Naija for life!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by bandely(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2010
It is OFFICIAL! These people (our leaders) are clueless!

Naija 4 ever! Naija 4 life! Naija 4 real!

Nigeria, ojo ju mo ni a jiriya

Omo Naija ni mi!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by chitech(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2010
naija d next tagged name for nigeria,which we all know has fail as a nation,dora plz go n check other pressing issues dat u cant handle,[b][/b]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by zionic(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2010
The older generation politicians don spoil nigeria, so we are left with "naija fi life", again so what??, if nkiru can be NK and chioma =chiommy why cant nigeria be naija en?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by wazobiang: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=78pt]I love NAIJA![/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by motorola4u: 11:26am On Nov 16, 2010
Madam Dora, there are more important things to do, please faceyour job and stop all this irrelevant and unnecessary trivialities
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by UNLEASHED(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2010
With Due respect ma, YOU ARE FREAKIN' SICK!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagos, 20 Other States Get New Police Commissioners / LASG Reiterates Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Restricted Areas / Fatima Buhari Marries Gimba Kumo Today, October 28th, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.