Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! (2871 Views)

Opinion: Monogamy Is Boring! / Seven Questions Ladies OFTEN Reply With A LIE. / How To Know A Girl's Butt Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2010
okay, hear me out:

I think today's definition of marriage is a lie and fake.
Forced "one man one woman" marriages are lies and ticking time-bombs. Each time they fail, they destroy this world one bit at a time.

For every original, there is a fake.
Marriage as designed by God is not the same as the one we've been introduced to by the devil and his agents.
Ask yourself this:

Why do half of all marriages in western world fail these days?

Why do we see men and women swear oaths to each other, only for the
men to start cheating almost immediately after exchanging vows?

Why does this happen even in marriages involving the so called men of God? A pastor I know was divorced by his wife after 24 years of marriage! Is that God's design?

Why are women these days increasingly promicuous?
If we conduct paternity tests on Nigerian children these days, we may find that about 10 -40 % of kids are not by the supposed fathers.I could be wrong but i doubt it.

Why do we still pretend that this strange definition of marriage works?

If you look at the bible, all the men who were closest to God all had multiple wives. Where did this idea of one man one woman really come from?

I'll tell you where -the devil.

The devil wants to destroy the human family in order to avenge man's elevation by God.

For every good thing God created, the devil created a counterfeit. Marriage is one of them.

Our ancestors were polygamous and yet enjoyed normal lives. They had intact families and children were secure in families. Today children are born out of wedlock and even those born inside wedlock lose their families to divorce.

Did GOD design one man one woman? If he did, why is it not working?

It is clearly not working!
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by MrCork26: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2010
menachem , bro go and drink beer!! angry
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by MrCork26: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2010
u are fustrated
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2010
everything God created is perfect. Did God create monogamy?
God's things work whether we like it or not.
example, the rain must fall whether we sin or not.
Everyone must die whether a sinner or righteous man.
Even a mad woman gets pregnant provided she is fertile, it doesn't matter that she's been sleeping inside garbage dumps.
those are how God's things work.
how can people work so hard to keep a monogamous marriage, yet they fail after decades?  
something is wrong somewhere!
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by MrCork26: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2010
menachem , bro u must be related to MOBO444! wink , i feel the pain coz Nigerian womens are difficult to trust.

they will give u high blood pressure, break yo heart and make u age quick. truss me angry
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2010
Mr~Cork:

menachem , bro u must be  related to MOBO444!  wink    , i feel  the pain coz Nigerian womens are difficult to trust.

they will give u high blood pressure, break yo heart and make u age quick. truss me   angry

lol!
not related but i understand.
mehn i wonder how marriages became traps for men. i've seen too many guys invest all their life's resources on a woman only for her to turn around and act as if the guys are fools.

i started thinking about it, and i remembered that our forefathers never even lived in the same houses with their wives. the wives lived in their own houses, and the man only went there on "action days".
these days, you live and breath your wife. the result it that you become a woman without even knowing.  undecided
to add insult to injure, she'll even tell you that you are not man enough. undecided

how can you be man enough when you share her bed during menstruation?  undecided
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by iice(f): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2010
As he created Satan. . .

Anyway, humans are flawed that's the reason.
So if you are looking for how to be polygamous, i would have thought Nigerian society is more lenient towards it than rest of the world. . .so you don't have a big problem.
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by MrCork26: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
a friend of mine brought a Nigerian babe to London to marry her, he tort he waz in love.

2 yrs after she got her papers, she claimed they were no loger compactible. She said he snores too loud, she left! angry
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2010
Mr~Cork:

a friend of mine brought a Nigerian babe to London to marry her, he tort he waz in love.

2 yrs after she got her papers, she claimed they were no loger compactible. She said he snores too loud, she left! angry

grin grin grin grin need I say more?
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
Mr~Cork:

and I wonder why men don't seem to see these things coming. women do! they hardly pick the wrong date. and they always set their bars very high, that way, they don't ever lose.
it's alright, i'm only saying that people should face the facts and forget about all these "love" lies. our forefathers married without love. if you are strong enough to work in the farm, you must be able to produce strong kids. end of story. grin
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by freecocoa(f): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
Op,not all marriages end in divorce,some couples are actually realy happy wif eachorther,atleast i know my parents were up untill mum went to heaven so monogamy is REAL in some places/families.
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by afrochic1(f): 1:33am On Nov 17, 2010
menachem u are funny but its true what u said smiley
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by omomakun: 2:05am On Nov 17, 2010
Bros if this is your justification of marrying more than one wife, then please go ahead, So are you trying to tell me that polygamy is better? 'cos as far as i know it comes with its own share of problems. The problem is us as human beings, we are not satisfied with what we have or who we are, we have no respect for the vows we take before God. That's where the issue is not monogamy vs polygamy, either situation can work out, depending on the individuals involved, shikena!
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by vivaladiva(f): 2:22am On Nov 17, 2010
okay u were making some sort of sense----till u drag the bible kicking and screaming into this conversation

as ice said monopolygamy is not an issue in nigeria, men happily mix the two together and no one bats an eye lid

as for the west, the society here is evolving, women r begining to re evaluate wats more important to them---being married to a nob or being single-----as far as am concerned---if uve had 10 great years with a person---y spoli it with another 10years of misery

groups form and some get dissolved at some point---spice gals----westlife--- the list is endless

frendships begin and sometimes end at some point

business patnerships are made and sometimes broken

if i have 10 or 15 years marriage to a good man, after that man done tire, tori don dey too long----i wld rather end on a high can remain on a low

in the west there are exhusbands and wives that remain good friends for a long time, obviously children wld like their parents to remain to gether, because it is percieved as the norm---but i know children from divorced parents who get more love than those with parents in unhappy marriages

no worries a hundred years from now----i wont be surprised if marriage becomes a thing of the past
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2010
vivaladiva:

okay u were making some sort of sense----till u drag the bible kicking and screaming into this conversation

as ice said monopolygamy is not an issue in nigeria, men happily mix the two together and no one bats an eye lid

as for the west, the society here is evolving, women r begining to re evaluate wats more important to them---being married to a nob or being single-----as far as am concerned---if uve had 10 great years with a person---y spoli it with another 10years of misery

groups form and  some get dissolved at some point---spice gals----westlife--- the list is endless

frendships begin and sometimes end at some point

business patnerships are made and sometimes broken

if i have 10 or 15 years marriage to a good man, after that man done tire, tori don dey too long----i wld rather end on a high can remain on a low

in the west there are exhusbands and wives that remain good friends for a long time, obviously children wld like their parents to remain to gether, because it is percieved as the norm---but i know children from divorced parents who get more love than those with parents in unhappy marriages

no worries a hundred years from now----i wont be surprised if marriage becomes a thing of the past

You see the fundamental flaw in this new marriage definition?  shocked shocked

You are talking about marriage as if it is some kind of social outing where you decide whom to sleep with and for how long. undecided undecided undecided

That is the flaw in your logic. There are children involved!  shocked

It is interesting to get this perspective from a female because I as a man am baffled by how a woman can file a divorce alleging "irreconcilable differences" after 2 -25 years!
Why did you then accept to stay for better or worse? Why did you base your marriage on "love" when infact it is on convenience (sex, money, fame), all transient things that fade?
Why not say it from day one the you are looking for someone to have 5ex with for 10 years? That would be more honorable, wouldn't it?

You see why I say it is a lie crafted by one "woman wrapper king" in Europe to worship some "fair lady", and then passed it off as God's law? undecided cry

I'm saying this, there is something fishy about this current scam. Our forefathers had genuine marriage. This one is fake!
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by menachem: 8:05am On Nov 17, 2010
omomakun:

Bros if this is your justification of marrying more than one wife, then please go ahead, So are you trying to tell me that polygamy is better? 'cos as far as i know it comes with its own share of problems. The problem is us as human beings, we are not satisfied with what we have or who we are, we have no respect for the vows we take before God. That's where the issue is not monogamy vs polygamy, either situation can work out, depending on the individuals involved, shikena!

I'm saying that what we are practicing now is "forced monogamy", it is a scam. In the olden days, marriage was not this torturous. In solving the problems arising from polygamy, we created a monster!

I remember a story i read about a particular rodent that became uncontrollable in Australia. This rodent constituted a menace as pest. So one day some smart dude thought about introducing a particular snake that feeds on these rats. Well, one day the population of the snakes boomed and became more uncontrollable and more dangerous than the rats! undecided undecided
Same with marriage here.

In igbo part of Nigeria, the problem of female abuse in marriage which monogamy was introduced to solve, was easily solved by the woman simply packing her things and moving in with another man who would then pay her bride price again. No need killing a fly with a sledge hammer.

Today, some oyibo people de marry up to 8 times before dem die! Abi dat one no be polygamy?
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by GoodBoi1(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
Oh,  @menachem u say monagamy is of the devil?! Let's see, in  1timothy 3:12  it was was of the devil?

A deacon must have only one wife. Deacons must manage their children and families well.

If you read your bible u will know the truth. This is even common wisdom Even Adam  and Eve,  One thing you  should consider is that times change and traditions.   Concerning infidilety, in a country like US where majority don't adhere to biblical principle, tell me what can stop someone who has  sexual relationships with  people other than/including their present spouse prior to marriage, from cheating ( don't u know what soul tie is?). Pre-marital sex is of worldly wisdom.  God's foolishness (that's we think it is) is better than the world's wisdom.  It's all wisdom.
If u want marry 2 wives, nobody is preventing u, but remember u cannot love both equally. 
And if there's nothing like marriage, u should know that the end is near cos the world will be  modern Sodom and Gomorrah,  Wat am I saying? u can see it in the world today, and its growing in  Nigeria. Just wait for the next generation,
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by pringles1(f): 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
Interesting topic,
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2011
@op

I quite agree with some of your views. I think marriage should not be forced on anybody!

It is actually overrated!
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by InkedNerd(f): 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2011
menachem:

I'm saying that what we are practicing now is "forced monogamy", it is a scam. In the olden days, marriage was not this torturous. In solving the problems arising from polygamy, we created a monster!

I remember a story i read about a particular rodent that became uncontrollable in Australia. This rodent constituted a menace as pest. So one day some smart dude thought about introducing a particular snake that feeds on these rats. Well, one day the population of the snakes boomed and became more uncontrollable and more dangerous than the rats! undecided undecided
Same with marriage here.

In igbo part of Nigeria, the problem of female abuse in marriage which monogamy was introduced to solve, was easily solved by the woman simply packing her things and moving in with another man who would then pay her bride price again. No need killing a fly with a sledge hammer.

Today, some oyibo people de marry up to 8 times before dem die! Abi dat one no be polygamy?

No offense but why is it any of your business if someone wants to marry more than once? As for marriage being "torturous", I wouldn't say that is true. A lot of marriage of generations ago, the reasons they "worked" so well was because people felt/thought that they had to put up with bullcrap all for the sake of saying they were married.
Re: Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! by Ybutterfly: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^0nly for men that can't keep their p-enis in their pants^^^^^^^^^^^

(1) (Reply)

She Is 30 And She D Do Shakara / Is Romance Before Marriage A Sin?.... / Can You Marry An Albino.... (afi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.