Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? (1482 Views)

Swiss Lady Bullied For Being ‘Ugly’ Spends Big On Plastic Surgery To Feel Happy / I Met My Ex This Christmas And I Was Stupid To Want Him Back / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
Is it wrong to want to feel loved, ?

Am married with kids.
Working class.
Very funny,
Fun to be with,
Dreamy,
Intuitive
Very curious
About 35-39
And TOO down to earth.

But very very lonely.

**Warning*** This MIGHT BE A LONG READ,,,,MIGHT.

So we were off and on friends and lovers for about 8 - 9 years and somehow, we got married then baby no. 1 came 3 months later because I was already pregnant before the marriage. YES,,,please don't tell me I was already living in sin before the marriage, I was in fact swimming in it grin ( for all the holier than thous planning to preach up in here, I already confessed my sin so move on to something else).
2 years later baby no. 2 arrived and then no. 3.

We used to be so happy or so I thought. It used to be me and him against the world.

He made so much promises and 7 years down the marriage not one has been fulfilled. Simple and small promises,like he would definitely go back to school and get his degree, he would always make me happy, extended family would never come between us, he would try within his power to make sure i don't shed sad tears and so forth,,,,,simple promises.....

For the record, he has never paid a single bill since the marriage even before because I saw so much prospect in him, and I was willing to cover for his inadequacy, I so believed in him, he had this hustling spirit, was funny, kind and very homely. He truelly was a nice person and I never felt bad denying myself just to care for the family financially and emotionally. Sex was very OK and satisfying, so please, this is not about sex.

Resentment started when I suggested he help fill in the gap when it comes to being available for the kids, since my job takes up more time and brings in more so there won't be so much lapse between us parents and the kids even if we had a nanny who does a great job. Little stuff like drop them off at school in the morning on his way out for hustle, call the nanny regularly to check and speak to them, once in a while do their homework with them and most importantly spend time with them especially weekends and holidays if we can, ( I spend ALL my weekends and holidays when i really can with my kids, don't regret it). He felt it made less of a man, he wants to be out there, fine, but how much is out there bringing in, there are bills to pay, children to feed and general expenses that comes with raising a family. Am not earning millions but it can hold the seams of the family financially just enough, don't I deserve a bit of respect and accolade once in a while from my supposed partner? No, instead I get grumblings that I complain too much and I get angry too easily. Please, why won't I get angry when for example, I go to work on a Saturday,( he is forced to be home because no nanny on weekends) and when I rush back home after work, the house is completely upside down, kitchen is a huge mess, kids running amok and looking like they have been watching TV all day, no food available ( just to help me bring it out of the freezer to defrost before I come, I cook all the family meals) I have to start trying to melt food fast because me am even starving, clothes i put in the washing machine before I left by 5am are still in there, he jumps out of the house immediately I get in, and before am finally ready for bed, sometimes its 11pm and he is not yet back, when he does return he is reeking of alcohol,,,and when I get angry he starts complaining that why am I getting angry? Please, is it fair?
I have begged him severally to get a job but he insists he wants his own business as he can not be answerable to anybody.

He is never home and when he is,,,its either he is asleep because he was out all night according to him hustling or he is on his phone watching facebook and youtube videos. No interaction with the family unless I force him.
All our family outings has been by force from me,,,,,keeps telling me he is not that kind if person but he feels very happy being out on his own.
I have never attended a party or wedding or social gathering of any sort with him,,,he goes behind my back and when I see pictures or the clothes he used, he says it was nothing jare, that he didn't really spend much time there.

He tries to shut me up when we are having a simple argument, he would scream and yell or just walk away.

His family barge into our home whenever and however they choose, he never informs me but I had to take a stand on that as I was slowing losing my home.

Like I said before, sex used to be good but now non existent.

He doesn't look at me,,,,I could have a swastika carved on my forehead and he wouldn't notice.
I have called him severally for talks and all he does is remind of my faults which I honestly accept and try to work on but he never agrees he does anything wrong. For the longest time before we stopped having sex, he had to get drunk or high on weed, and I have honestly told him I wasn't comfortable with that but he wouldn't stop.
God knows I have been patient for years and have nearly fallen into temptations in the past but had to pull myself out before I went too deep.

Am human and I deserve real affection too.

I don't know but in recent times, am really lonely because I don't really have friends or time to even hang out with friends. Asides from my kids that make being alive still worth it, am just lonely.

Is it wrong I wish someone would appreciate me and honour me and I do same for the person because I know it will be appreciated, is it wrong am having that longing?

Please,,,all the WAR ROOM fellows,,,,go and sleep.
I pray.
Am human.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by Cutehector(m): 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
It is not wrong my dear. You have really tried especially in terms of providing.

Please no matter what happens, do not let the devil tempt you to cheat on your husband..
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by Mood11: 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
Your husband is frustrated.. And he is taking it out on you.

The only thing that can help him is getting a job or a business. With time, once he begins to do something productive you will see he will calm down.

Don't give up. May you find strength and peace to carry on.

It is not easy.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
i dont know why and how people always attract the opposite of them
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
That you "were off and on friends and lovers for about 8 to 9 years" meant you were breaking up with each other repeatedly, which was a warning sign, imo. Some people are really just meant to be friends and that's all

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by Leoniine(f): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
Blakjewelry:

because they believe the "more opposite," the sweeter or most compatible...?

And, it's kind of interesting to be with someone different from who you are. Different mindset, perceptions, personalities and so on.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by stanliwiser: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
teamforeveryoun:

Am married with kids.
Working class.
Very funny,
Fun to be with,
Dreamy,
Intuitive
Very curious
About 35-39
And TOO down to earth.

But very very lonely.

So we were off and on friends and lovers for about 8 - 9 years and somehow, we got married then baby no. 1 came 3 months later because I was already pregnant before the marriage. YES,,,please don't tell me I was already living in sin before the marriage, I was in fact swimming in it grin ( for all the holier than thous planning to preach up in here, I already confessed my sin so move on to something else).

We used to be so happy or so I thought. It used to be me and him against the world.

He made so much promises and 7 years down the marriage not one has been fulfilled. Simple and small promises,like he would definitely go back to school and get his degree, he would always make me happy, extended family would never come between us, he would try within his power to make sure i don't shed sad tears and so forth,,,,,simple promises.....

For the record, he has never paid a single bill since the marriage even before because I saw so much prospect in him, and I was willing to cover for his inadequacy, I so believed in him, he had this hustling spirit, was funny, kind and very homely. He truelly was a nice person and I never felt bad denying myself just to care for the family financially and emotionally. Sex was very OK and satisfying, so please, this is not about sex.

Resentment started when I suggested he help fill in the gap when it comes to being available for the kids, since my job takes up more time and brings in more so there won't be so much lapse between us parents and the kids even if we had a nanny who does a great job. Little stuff like drop them off at school in the morning on his way out for hustle, call the nanny regularly to check and speak to them, once in a while do their homework with them and most importantly spend time with them especially weekends and holidays if we can, ( I spend ALL my weekends and holidays when i really can with my kids, don't regret it). He felt it made less of a man, he wants to be out there, fine, but how much is out there bringing in, there are bills to pay, children to feed and general expenses that comes with raising a family. Am not earning millions but it can hold the seams of the family financially just enough, don't I deserve a bit of respect and accolade once in a while from my supposed partner? No, instead I get grumblings that I complain too much and I get angry too easily. Please, why won't I get angry when for example, I go to work on a Saturday,( he is forced to be home because no nanny on weekends) and when I rush back home after work, the house is completely upside down, kitchen is a huge mess, kids running amok and looking like they have been watching TV all day, no food available ( just to help me bring it out of the freezer to defrost before I come, I cook all the family meals) I have to start trying to melt food fast because me am even starving, clothes i put in the washing machine before I left by 5am are still in there, he jumps out of the house immediately I get in, and before am finally ready for bed, sometimes its 11pm and he is not yet back, when he does return he is reeking of alcohol,,,and when I get angry he starts complaining that why am I getting angry? Please, is it fair?
I have begged him severally to get a job but he insists he wants his own business as he can not be answerable to anybody.

He is never home and when he is,,,its either he is asleep because he was out all night according to him hustling or he is on his phone watching facebook and youtube videos. No interaction with the family unless I force him.
All our family outings has been by force from me,,,,,keeps telling me he is not that kind if person but he feels very happy being out on his own.
I have never attended a party or wedding or social gathering of any sort with him,,,he goes behind my back and when I see pictures or the clothes he used, he says it was nothing jare, that he didn't really spend much time there.

He tries to shut me up when we are having a simple argument, he would scream and yell or just walk away.

His family barge into our home whenever and however they choose, he never informs me but I had to take a stand on that as I was slowing losing my home.

He doesn't look at me,,,,I could have a swastika carved on my forehead and he wouldn't notice.
I have called him severally for talks and all he does is remind of my faults which I honestly accept and try to work on but he never agrees he does anything wrong. For the longest time before we stopped having sex, he had to get drunk or high on weed, and I have honestly told him I wasn't comfortable with that but he wouldn't stop.
God knows I have been patient for years and have nearly fallen into temptations in the past but had to pull myself out before I went too deep.

I don't know but in recent times, am really lonely because I don't really have friends or time to even hang out with friends. Asides from my kids that make being alive still worth it, am just lonely.

Is it wrong I wish someone would appreciate me and honour me and I do same for the person because I know it will be appreciated, is it wrong am having that longing?

I pray.
Am human.

love is different from like.
All your characteristic will only make people like you including the He in your long blog post.
simple as ABC
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Cutehector:
It is not wrong my dear. You have really tried especially in terms of providing.

Please no matter what happens, do not let the devil tempt you to cheat on your husband..

I haven't in all this time,,,,by his grace I won't. Thank you
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
Mood11:
Your husband is frustrated.. And he is taking it out on you.

The only thing that can help him is getting a job or a business. With time, once he begins to do something productive you will see he will calm down.

Don't give up. May you find strength and peace to carry on.

It is not easy.

Really praying he finds something that suits his taste,,,at least I want my old friend back.
I won't give up. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Blakjewelry:

Hmmmmm, me too,,,,,me tooo.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
theButterfly:
That you "were off and on friends and lovers for about 8 - 9 years" meant you were breaking up with each other repeatedly, which was a warning sign, imo. Some people are really just meant to be friends and that's all.

Sometime along the way, I actually felt so, but alas, we have come this far,,,,I don't know what to say again.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Leoniine:

because they believe the "more opposite," the sweeter or most compatible...?

And, it's kind of interesting to be with someone different from who you are. Different mindset, perceptions, personalities and so on.

With my small experience, I think its better to be with someone on the same track with you in almost every,not all but almost,,,it really helps in understanding the other party, because you can almost read them like a book. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
stanliwiser:
love is different from like.
All your characteristic will only make people like you including the He in your long blog post.
simple as ABC

I already said it was going to be long, you don't need to point that out.

If am correct, you are saying my characteristics doesn't fit LOVE rather LIKE,,,,,,.

Please. Help a sister,,,what characteristics can make me lovable? Am open to learn.

Interesting.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by nlPoster: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
for all the holier than thous planning to preach up in here, I already confessed my sin so move on to something else

Why the especial bitterness for the so called holier than thous?

None of who are on the thread btw. What gave you the impression they'd be preaching to you about your nl topic when the site is known for fake tales?

And you did move on to something else even without anybody preaching to you, not so? My only comment here is wedding is not marriage, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
nlPoster:

Why the especial bile for the so called holier than thous?

None of who are on the thread btw. What gave you the impression they'd be preaching to you about your nl topic when the site is known for fake tales?

And you did move on to something else even without anybody preaching to you, not so? My only comment here is wedding is not marriage, that's all.

Bile,,,special... OK.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by stanliwiser: 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
teamforeveryoun:

I already said it was going to be long, you don't need to point that out.

If am correct, you are saying my characteristics doesn't fit LOVE rather LIKE,,,,,,.

Please. Help a sister,,,what characteristics can make me lovable? Am open to learn.

Interesting.
We Men are moved by what we see. so if you want to make a man love you, you can get our attention if we see you in the light that attract us.

Stop Blaming yourself for his lack of affection for you.
What you can do is to understand

Follow his lead, don't find unnecessary attention especially when he isn't asking for it, let him lead, the more attention he gives you the more you start to follow up.

Accept he his the only one who has the key to change his actions.

Help him if he ask for help and always ask him same way too.

Secretly monitor and investigate if it is beyond what eye can see (grin He could be cheating)

**whispers** If you find something don't tell him until you're sure beyond that but before then just knock his ego by asking him strong question "are you sure there is no someone else" or just ask him shocking question like where were you around 3pm and if he denies just pretend like you believe him and don't confess your intentions(because he will surely deny it and flip it back to you).

Warnings: Don't ask this question if you haven't seen any strong fact

USE THIS ATTRACTIVE TIPS TO FIND HIS ATTENTION.

you have to work on your look, dress scene and all, I mean dress like the mood you want to get the HE into. Stop all the wrappers and scattered village girl hair.

Work on shape maybe join the exercise routine stuff and all.

Improve your cooking skills.

Do things that makes you happy.

Stop being so easy to get, make the HE play a little chase around game, just a little.

Hang around with female friends.

Do things realistically, if he says something and it isn't funny then its not funny but if it is, then laugh hard.

Listen to his stories and try tell yours too.

Seek his opinion on personal challenge as relate to job, future plans and other few fantasies (Advice: You don't always have to agree, the idea here is to make you appear feminine)

Reward his good behavior appropriately and punish the bad ones appropriately
and list goes on.

The boiling point is this, being likable isn't same as being attractive always remember this.
You alone really know how to attract this HE.

Likable qualities only make people like you and that's where it stops
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
@Stanliwiser, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 10, 2019
teamforeveryoun:

Sometime along the way, I actually felt so, but alas, we have come this far,,,,I don't know what to say again.
Yes, you've both come far.

If you've never gone for counseling together, do go asap.

I wish you and your husband all the best.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by mumumugu(m): 3:36am On Nov 10, 2019
teamforeveryoun:

Am married with kids.
Working class.
Very funny,
Fun to be with,
Dreamy,
Intuitive
Very curious
About 35-39
And TOO down to earth.

But very very lonely.

I pray.
Am human.

before marriage a man is confident because of funds. after marriage, money reduces.he is angry wants to improve his esteem by making more money..yet you talking love. if you love his esteem add to his source of income without removing from it
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by nlPoster: 4:30am On Nov 10, 2019
OP your language is too hard for any discussion.

Pray for your husband, if your story is true.

Think about how you can have a forgiving spirit so you dont encourage anti social behaviours you dont like in yourself.

I see you just opened this account today.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by faithfull18(f): 7:54am On Nov 10, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2019
theButterfly:

Yes, you've both come far.

If you've never gone for counseling together, do go asap.

I wish you and your husband all the best.

Thank you, I have suggested the counselling, he refused or would say he is busy and when I went ahead alone and the counsellor later called to speak to him, he was furious saying I am selling him out. I have covered for him for years and still when I tell him we are communicating as we should he feels am being dramatic,,,,,I have to speak to someone because I am going crazy with so many thoughts in my head.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2019
mumumugu:

before marriage a man is confident because of funds. after marriage, money reduces.he is angry wants to improve his esteem by making more money..yet you talking love. if you love his esteem add to his source of income without removing from it

Thank you for your response.
I have never taken AWAY from him, God is my witness, all I have done is try to lift him up.
But isn't it selfishness when he thinks only about his esteem? What about his partner's mental wellbeing. This is marriage and not competition between two people on who makes more money. Its supposed to be team work.
Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2019
nlPoster:
OP your language is too hard for any discussion.

Pray for your husband, if your story is true.

Think about how you can have a forgiving spirit so you dont encourage anti social behaviours you dont like in yourself.

I see you just opened this account today.

I apologise if I come across as hard, maybe all this time of trying and failing, expecting but disappointed must have hardened my tone.

My story is very true and I hope talking here helps me in ways that can not be explained.

Yes, I just opened the account, so its easy for people to just give their opinions without judging you based on your past posts on NL.

This is a real story. I have struggled with depression even before I got married and it only got worse because of what started happening, I have been suicidal but remembered that my kids need me and people will end up saying I killed myself because of a man. No, I have this deep sadness growing in me and I just want to open up to people.
You are only alone when you don't say whats wrong.
That's why I opened a new account.
No judgement, just be emphatic, if you can.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2019
I know many women and men, especially women are wearing same shoes as me but can't speak because of the criticism they will receive, because of their position at work, church, community or even family so they stay quite and then take the frustration out on the poor kids.
I noticed I was tending towards that and had to ask for help from God to control my anger especially when the kids were acting up, the are kids after all but the tendency to lose it when they start with their tantrums and what not is very easy. I consciously tame my anger when am around them because they did absolutely nothing to me,,,,they are blessings to me. Not many children are that lucky because of what 1 spouse is doing to the other negatively.
Nigerians especially can be very judgmental.

Most times, people just need a bit of sympathy,,,,,,a bit of awareness that someone somewhere understands what is happening,,,,,,just a word or 2 that its going to be fine.....or finally just hard truths then viable solutions.

I shooed away all the prayer people in my initial post because they come and tell me only about my mistakes and sins and what the bible say and how I am going to keep suffering because I caused it myself, no word of advice, no encouragement, just condemnation.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by ordinaryjo: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2019
[Deleted]

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by nlPoster: 11:41am On Nov 10, 2019
teamforeveryoun:

I apologise if I come across as hard, maybe all this time of trying and failing, expecting but disappointed must have hardened my tone.

My story is very true and I hope talking here helps me in ways that can not be explained.

Yes, I just opened the account, so its easy for people to just give their opinions without judging you based on your past posts on NL.

This is a real story. I have struggled with depression even before I got married and it only got worse because of what started happening, I have been suicidal but remembered that my kids need me and people will end up saying I killed myself because of a man. No, I have this deep sadness growing in me and I just want to open up to people.
You are only alone when you don't say whats wrong.
That's why I opened a new account.
No judgement, just be emphatic, if you can.

Some of your statements in your OP are very suspicious.

And knowing how nlers base 98% of their social lives and existence on people's marriages, any topic referring to marriage is always guaranteed to generate an audience here.

In view of that, you probably should edit your post and remove the controversial phrases. So people dont give advice that would give them.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by ednut1(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2019
So many unhappy married pple here. Yet some are going to shiloh so they can get married lol. Inside life
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2019
nlPoster:

Some of your statements in your OP are very suspicious.

And knowing how nlers base 98% of their social lives and existence on people's marriages, any topic referring to marriage is always guaranteed to generate an audience here.

In view of that, you probably should edit your post and remove the controversial phrases. So people dont give advice that would give them.

I still don't understand.

Please point them out to me if you can.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Feel Loved? by teamforeveryoun: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2019
Gathering audience?

Am confused.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fondly Missing Your Ex? / Help: I Love Girls That Only Wears G-strings / How Will You Feel If Your Girlfriend Tells You She's Crushing On Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.