Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? (9009 Views)

Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? / Why Do Man Debate The Existence Of A 'god'? A Candid Question. / What Is The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
jcross19:
no matter how you quotes the whole bible the word of God stand firm. See no quotations can justify your unbelieve about spirit , you will know the truth after your death okay no rush.

It's obvious that my Bible quotes are becoming relevant to you but you don't want to accept the truth.

All my arguments were backed with Bible verses and they harmonized with every word of God.

you said I will know the truth when I die, the funny thing is that the answer to this argument is what everyone has experienced and that is sleep the cousin of death.

Let me ask you, if while am sleeping I am not conscious of what is happening around me, even my so called spirit that is supposed to be alive and vigilant cannot know or tell me what is happening or happened around me while I was sleeping.
then is it when my brain,eyes, nerves, mind and sensory organs have turned to dust that I will know what is happening around me?

If you can tell me what happened around you as you slept without been told, then I will accept that our spirits live after death.

Any other explanation is mere lies and pagan tales.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
jcross19:
ahahahahahahahs no matter how you constructed your lies it can't subdue or digress the truth of God . clearly in that chapter in verse 19 its stated that Jesus went to preached to those who are in the prison , I mean the spirits but to you now quoted genesis and Ezekiel which are not even related to the verses. Well is a matter of time you will know when you die. So no argument.

Your Bible skills is laughable.

Is Ezekiel and Isaiah no longer part of the Bible.

I showed you what God said concerning anyone who dies in his sin or righteousness and it says that people will be judged by how they lived, there is no more probation after death
this also applies to the people in Noah's days.
After 120yrs God destroyed them the probation or window of grace was over.

Jesus did not go to Hell to preach to any spirit, Ezekiel 18:26 proves that there is no probation after death.

You can see that my arguments are based on facts not wishful thinking.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I have answered much of the above in other comments (except for the idea that Adam and Eve were rewarded with "eternal death," I've never seen that anywhere in the Bible). Nonetheless, I don't discuss with Jehovah's Witnesses. You are all quarrelsome, and you have no respect for the Bible.

Does death have any other meaning other than one been lifeless and unconscious?

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall
not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall
surely die.

Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal
life through Jesus Christ our Lord
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 1:01am On Dec 31, 2019
jcross19:
ahahahahahahahs no matter how you constructed your lies it can't subdue or digress the truth of God . clearly in that chapter in verse 19 its stated that Jesus went to preached to those who are in the prison , I mean the spirits but to you now quoted genesis and Ezekiel which are not even related to the verses. Well is a matter of time you will know when you die. So no argument.

I came across this Bible verse today and it reminded me of our argument.
Note what the Bible says the spirit is, A life giving force and not an independent element that lives,reason and acts on its own as you claim.
The spirit is like electricity it only powers our electronic devices but itself cannot exist or be useful independently.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the
words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Note this are the words of Jesus on what a spirit is, not my word.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 1:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I have answered much of the above in other comments (except for the idea that Adam and Eve were rewarded with "eternal death," I've never seen that anywhere in the Bible). Nonetheless, I don't discuss with Jehovah's Witnesses. You are all quarrelsome, and you have no respect for the Bible.

I came across this Bible verse today and it reminded me of
our argument.
Note what the Bible says the spirit is, A life giving force and
not an independent element that lives,reason and acts on its
own as you claim.
The spirit is like electricity it only powers our electronic
devices but itself cannot exist or be useful independently.
Note this are the words of Jesus on what a spirit is, not my
word.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2019
blueAgent:

I came across this Bible verse today and it reminded me of our argument.
Note what the Bible says the spirit is, A life giving force and not an independent element that lives,reason and acts on its own as you claim.
The spirit is like electricity it only powers our electronic devices but itself cannot exist or be useful independently.

Note this are the words of Jesus on what a spirit is, not my word.
and what's your point.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2019
jcross19:
and what's your point.

My point is that the spirit does not have immortality and does not live on after ones death.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 2:24am On Jan 01, 2020
blueAgent:

My point is that the spirit does not have immortality and does not live on after ones death.
you now quoted John 6:63- hmmmmm well personal I have experience such before when I fell sicked ! it was a unique experience. am talking from experience sir.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 4:35am On Jan 01, 2020
jcross19:
you now quoted John 6:63- hmmmmm well personal I have experience such before when I fell sicked ! it was a unique experience. am talking from experience sir.

Did you die?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 7:19am On Jan 01, 2020
blueAgent:

Did you die?
it was long story! the day you face the reality, the truth found you and I'm sure nothing can take the truth away from you because you defend what you believed . like I have said talking about my experience. spirit leaves bro. in that verse is telling you that flesh can't do anything without spirit , spirit energize the flesh. when death comes , the body remain functionless , the body can't do anything and knows nothing but spirit lives on. if your understanding can't convince you please get on your kneel and ask God to unravel the mystery
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
jcross19:
it was long story! the day you face the reality, the truth found you and I'm sure nothing can take the truth away from you because you defend what you believed . like I have said talking about my experience. spirit leaves bro. in that verse is telling you that flesh can't do anything without spirit , spirit energize the flesh. when death comes , the body remain functionless , the body can't do anything and knows nothing but spirit lives on. if your understanding can't convince you please get on your kneel and ask God to unravel the mystery

You still have not answered my question.
Did your spirit live on did it know what was happening around you? how did you know you were truly dead?

God has already revealed the truth through his word. he cannot confuse or contradict himself.

This is not about what I believe but about what God says.

Ecclesiastes 8:8
There is no man that has power over the spirit to retain the
spirit; neither has he power in the day of death: and there is
no release from that war; neither shall wickedness deliver
those that are given to it.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
blueAgent:

You still have not answered my question.
Did your spirit live on did it know what was happening around you? how did you know you were truly dead?

God has already revealed the truth through his word. he cannot confuse or contradict himself.

This is not about what I believe but about what God says.

Ecclesiastes 8:8
There is no man that has power over the spirit to retain the
spirit; neither has he power in the day of death: and there is
no release from that war; neither shall wickedness deliver
those that are given to it.
lol I laugh again. I gave a quotation where Jesus went to the land of dead to preached to the prisoners , I asked who are the prisoners? no tangible answer. well I leave you like this when you die you will know the truth.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
jcross19:
lol I laugh again. I gave a quotation where Jesus went to the land of dead to preached to the prisoners , I asked who are the prisoners? no tangible answer. well I leave you like this when you die you will know the truth.

Really,
Its obvious you are not Even sure of what you experienced.

On Jesus spirit going to preach to the dead, you are wrong to claim that I did not give you an answer
it is totally false.

I gave you several explanations and links to prove that the preaching was done by Christ through Noah during the 120yrs that God gave the people to repent and turn away from there sin. it was done while the people were still alive.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the (longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah), while the ark was a PREPARING, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

All the evidence points out that the preaching was done before these people died.

Question was the ark been prepared before or after the flood and death of these people?

Stop denying clear bible scriptures in order to promote your personal beliefs or man made doctrines.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
blueAgent:

Really,
Its obvious you are not Even sure of what you experienced.

On Jesus spirit going to preach to the dead, you are wrong to claim that I did not give you an answer
it is totally false.

I gave you several explanations and links to prove that the preaching was done by Christ through Noah during the 120yrs that God gave the people to repent and turn away from there sin. it was done while the people were still alive.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the (longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah), while the ark was a PREPARING, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

All the evidence points out that the preaching was done before these people died.

Question was the ark been prepared before or after the flood and death of these people?

Stop denying clear bible scriptures in order to promote your personal beliefs or man made doctrines.

Jehovah witness are just hypocrites that view bible with canal mind when the bible told us that our lord is a spirit and who ever that will serve must serve Him in truth and in spirit.. Tell God to give you holy that guide in understanding the word of God. Human philosophy is quite different from Gods'.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
jcross19:
Jehovah witness are just hypocrites that view bible with canal mind when the bible told us that our lord is a spirit and who ever that will serve must serve Him in truth and in spirit.. Tell God to give you holy that guide in understanding the word of God. Human philosophy is quite different from Gods'.

Am not a Jehovah witness.
Secondly this does not prove that are spirits are immortal because the bible says only God has immortality.

http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/EvilAngelsHellfire.htm
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
blueAgent:

Am not a Jehovah witness.
Secondly this does not prove that are spirits are immortal because the bible says only God has immortality.

http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/EvilAngelsHellfire.htm
God is a spirit, we are small gods also we are spirits and spirit don't die. Lol
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2020
jcross19:
God is a spirit, we are small gods also we are spirits and spirit don't die. Lol

If we are spirits than explain to me how God who is the father of all spirits is said to be the only one who has immortality.

1 Timothy 6:16.
who alone possesses immortality and dwells in
unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see To
Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Is God lying?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
blueAgent:

If we are spirits than explain to me how God who is the father of all spirits is said to be the only one who has immortality.

1 Timothy 6:16.
who alone possesses immortality and dwells in
unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see To
Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Is God lying?
try to know when God speaks in the bible and when a man is talking . in that chapter you quoted was an understanding of Paul there is only praising the immortality himself who is God without God no immortality. if God stop existing all the creations will stop as well because God is center of creation I mean the energy base of all creations through Him we enjoy the same immortality. God is in you, in me and in everything that lives.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
jcross19:
try to know when God speaks in the bible and when a man is talking . in that chapter you quoted was an understanding of Paul there is only praising the immortality himself who is God without God no immortality. if God stop existing all the creations will stop as well because God is center of creation I mean the energy base of all creations through Him we enjoy the same immortality. God is in you, in me and in everything that lives.

See explanation!!!!!.

Stop twisting and confusing bible verses to suit your false belief.
The word of God is clear.
Only God has Immortality, meaning it is only God that cannot die. every other thing made by God can die.

2ndly you ignored the word ONLY. that word proves beyond doubt that Paul was saying that God alone has immortality.

there death is not Dependant on God dying or not that will make them equal with God, what the Bible verse is saying is that only God has ability to live forever.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
blueAgent:

See explanation!!!!!.

Stop twisting and confusing bible verses to suit your false belief.
The word of God is clear.
Only God has Immortality, meaning it is only God that cannot die. every other thing made by God can die.

2ndly you ignored the word ONLY. that word proves beyond doubt that Paul was saying that God alone has immortality.

there death is not Dependant on God dying or not that will make them equal with God, what the Bible verse is saying is that only God has ability to live forever.

am not in the mood to dig it out for you I have told you to relax when you die you will know period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

40 Striking&Interesting Similarities Between:Archbishop Idahosa & Bishop Oyedepo / Moving On From A Past Mistake That Keeps Haunting You In Christ / Astral Projection: How Do I Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.