Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? (8386 Views)

Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? / Why Do Man Debate The Existence Of A 'god'? A Candid Question. / What Is The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 4:39am On Nov 26, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

First of all, you are the one making wild claims with your thread and I came here to demand that you substantiate them biblically. So far, you haven't been able to, so you really are in no position to make demands.

Second, I have accepted responsibility, nonetheless, to demonstrate the Bible's true position. And I have done so exhaustively, in spite of your complaint that my answers are too long, I should add. I see no reason to repeat myself. You have to actually read my responses in order to actually hear what I have to say. When you have read them, then you can tell whether or not there is anything missing. So, do go back and read my responses. If you don't see my answers to your demand for proof about how spirits live on after death and an explanation for the knowledge of the dead, you can make your demand again.

Hint: I've answered your questions and demands already.

Every thing you posted contradicts God's word.
Here is the words of Job concerning the State of the dead.
Job said that if he had died he would had been at rest and
like someone who never ever existed.
Job 3:9 Let the stars of the twilight thereof be dark; let it look
for light, but have none; neither let it see the dawning of the
day: 3:10 Because it shut not up the doors of my mother's
womb, nor hid sorrow from mine eyes. 3:11 Why died I not
from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came
out of the belly? 3:12 Why did the knees prevent me? or why
the breasts that I should suck? 3:13 For now should I have
lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been
at rest, 3:14 With kings and counsellors of the earth, which
built desolate places for themselves; 3:15 Or with princes that
had gold, who filled their houses with silver: 3:16 Or as an
hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants which never
saw light. 3:17 There the wicked cease from troubling; and
there the weary be at rest. 3:18 There the prisoners rest
together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor. 3:19 The
small and great are there; and the servant is free from his
master. 3:20 Wherefore is light given to him that is in misery,
and life unto the bitter in soul; 3:21 Which long for death, but
it cometh not; and dig for it more than for hid treasures; 3:22
Which rejoice exceedingly, and are glad, when they can find
the grave?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 4:43am On Nov 26, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

First of all, you are the one making wild claims with your thread and I came here to demand that you substantiate them biblically. So far, you haven't been able to, so you really are in no position to make demands.

Second, I have accepted responsibility, nonetheless, to demonstrate the Bible's true position. And I have done so exhaustively, in spite of your complaint that my answers are too long, I should add. I see no reason to repeat myself. You have to actually read my responses in order to actually hear what I have to say. When you have read them, then you can tell whether or not there is anything missing. So, do go back and read my responses. If you don't see my answers to your demand for proof about how spirits live on after death and an explanation for the knowledge of the dead, you can make your demand again.

emphasis on Job 3:13,3:16,3:17,3:19
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 4:46am On Nov 26, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

“Man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no
more, they will not awake nor be roused from their sleep. …
His sons come to honor, and he does not know it; they are
brought low, and he does not perceive it” (Job 14:12, 21).
“Nevermore will they have a share in anything done under the
sun” (Ecclesiastes 9:6).

“The living know that they will die; but the dead know
nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of
them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy
have now perished; nevermore will they have a share in
anything done under the sun. … There is no work or device or
knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are
going” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10).
“The dead do not praise the Lord” (Psalm 115:17).

more” (Job 14:12).
“The day of the Lord will come … in which the heavens will
pass away” (2 Peter 3:10).

The Bible Says
After death a person: returns to dust (Psalms 104:29), knows
nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5), possesses no mental powers
(Psalms 146:4), has nothing to do with anything on earth
(Ecclesiastes 9:6), does not live (2 Kings 20:1), waits in the
grave (Job 17:13), and continues not (Job 14:1, 2).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 4:49am On Nov 26, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

The undying, immortal soul is not mentioned in the Bible.
The word “immortal” is found only once in the Bible, and it is
in reference to God (1 Timothy 1:17).

No. The undying, immortal soul is not mentioned in the Bible.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 5:16am On Nov 26, 2019
blueAgent:
I don't have that time, like I said go to the OP
That is a clever way of saying, I dont want any of those questions to unnerve me, lol, I will just keep my distance and stay very clear and away from them, lol.

blueAgent:
... or claim could on this link https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4987/t/are-the-dead-really-dead-
I rate highly, think much of and hold in high regard original thinkers. What I am trying to tell you blueAgent is that, I will value you, respect you and hold you in high in esteem, if you first express your thoughts, ideas, concepts, theology and/or philosophies in your own words and not be sign posting me to internet websites. Everyone gets cow milk from different dairy farms, to then make their cheese from the milks. I want to see and eat your cheese, not someone's else "the one I made earlier". Capisce?, lol.

PS: You're a smart guy, quick learner, able to take and act on subtle hint, lol. Unlike before in the beginning with your earlier "posts" when you werent and couldnt be bothered, you are now, slowly but surely, starting to cite source(s), lol. Commendable. Wehdone Sir.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=blueAgent post=84367738][/quote]can you see someone who is quoting bible and trying to question the existence of his fellow mortal! you are a big fool that reason with his foot. very shameful simple question you are quoting out of point. the mortal died and return to dust why the spirit remain intact all the quotations are all talking about the state of canal or mortal body which dies and decays but the spirit never die. simple Jesus told the thief at left side that today you will meet me in the paradise then asked you that was Jesus drunk to made such statement if there is no life after death . If you want to argue, argue with Christ period not meet. your brain is equal brain of a fish.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
jcross19:
can you see someone who is quoting bible and trying to question the existence of his fellow mortal! you are a big fool that reason with his foot. very shameful simple question you are quoting out of point. the mortal died and return to dust why the spirit remain intact all the quotations are all talking about the state of canal or mortal body which dies and decays but the spirit never die. simple Jesus told the thief at left side that today you will meet me in the paradise then asked you that was Jesus drunk to made such statement if there is no life after death . If you want to argue, argue with Christ period not meet. your brain is equal brain of a fish.

You just confirmed your official Status as an Idiot.

I have asked you to show me where it is written that the spirit never dies.

Secondly the Bible says that only God has Immortality and we know that God is a spirit. so how come man's spirit has Immortality when only God has it?

Idiot.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
jcross19:
can you see someone who is quoting bible and trying to question the existence of his fellow mortal! you are a big fool that reason with his foot. very shameful simple question you are quoting out of point. the mortal died and return to dust why the spirit remain intact all the quotations are all talking about the state of canal or mortal body which dies and decays but the spirit never die. simple Jesus told the thief at left side that today you will meet me in the paradise then asked you that was Jesus drunk to made such statement if there is no life after death . If you want to argue, argue with Christ period not meet. your brain is equal brain of a fish.

You are a big Idiot.
How do you reconcile the fact that Jesus did not go to Heaven until 40days after his resurrection?

Idiot tell me how the Thief entered into Heaven the day he was crucified since Jesus who was to take him there entered 40days after.
The Jesus who was to take him there also promised that he will raise the saved on the last day.

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended
to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I
ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and
your God.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which
seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting
life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
That is a clever way of saying, I dont want any of those questions to unnerve me, lol, I will just keep my distance and stay very clear and away from them, lol.

I rate highly, think much of and hold in high regard original thinkers. What I am trying to tell you blueAgent is that, I will value you, respect you and hold you in high in esteem, if you first express your thoughts, ideas, concepts, theology and/or philosophies in your own words and not be sign posting me to internet websites. Everyone gets cow milk from different dairy farms, to then make their cheese from the milks. I want to see and eat your cheese, not someone's else "the one I made earlier". Capisce?, lol.

PS: You're a smart guy, quick learner, able to take and act on subtle hint, lol. Unlike before in the beginning with your earlier "posts" when you werent and couldnt be bothered, you are now, slowly but surely, starting to cite source(s), lol. Commendable. Wehdone Sir.

Clown 95% of articles on my blog were composed and written by me.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
blueAgent:
Clown 95% of articles on my blog were composed and written by me.
Yeye dey smell, Mr blogger blogger, who talked about your unknown and inconsequential blog, hmm? Why couldnt you, when you didnt cite source, admit that the excerpts from internet websites you posted on this thread, were not written by you. You only started citing source after my subtle dig at you and fear of being exposed, lol. Now tell me who really has been acting the clown here, if not yourself, you, lol. It is because you're copying and pasting other peoples original thought and not yours that you are confused and end up talking jargons. If you had expressed yourself, your thoughts, your ideas in your own words, about what you know and have come to understand you wouldnt be confusing yourself, you wouldnt be digging holes you cant climb out from once jumped into, and/or you wouldnt be getting yourself tied up in a knot
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
blueAgent:

You are a big Idiot.
How do you reconcile the fact that Jesus did not go to Heaven until 40days after his resurrection?

Idiot tell me how the Thief entered into Heaven the day he was crucified since Jesus who was to take him there entered 40days after.
The Jesus who was to take him there also promised that he will raise the saved on the last day.

your God.

why should I be wasting my energy on son of perdition sorry sir!!! Jehovah' witness ! e go do you voom for eye.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
blueAgent:

You are a big Idiot.

your God.

this is the reason you lack bible understanding! Is talking about our mortal body! ahahahahaha.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 5:43am On Nov 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Yeye dey smell, Mr blogger blogger, who talked about your unknown and inconsequential blog, hmm? Why couldnt you, when you didnt cite source, admit that the excerpts from internet websites you posted on this thread, were not written by you. You only started citing source after my subtle dig at you and fear of being exposed, lol. Now tell me who really has been acting the clown here, if not yourself, you, lol. It is because you're copying and pasting other peoples original thought and not yours that you are confused and end up talking jargons. If you had expressed yourself, your thoughts, your ideas in your own words, about what you know and have come to understand you wouldnt be confusing yourself, you wouldnt be digging holes you cant climb out from once jumped into, and/or you wouldnt be getting yourself tied up in a knot

Keep fooling yourself, it's obvious you were sent to be a distraction.

I have proven my points and argument, is up to you to disprove me with clear Bible verses and facts

The ball is in your court.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 5:55am On Nov 27, 2019
jcross19:
this is the reason you lack bible understanding! Is talking about our mortal body! ahahahahaha.

You keep making matters worst.

So now our body is mortal?
Ecclesiastes 12:7

Where is it written that the spirit lives on after death?
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 6:03am On Nov 27, 2019
jcross19:
why should I be wasting my energy on son of perdition sorry sir!!! Jehovah' witness ! e go do you voom for eye.

Clown am sure you don't know what is the meaning of perdition.

Because if you know you will know that it proves your argument wrong.

Secondly am not a Jehovah Witness.

The word perdition proves that Man is not immortal.

Definition of perdition noun from the Oxford Advanced
American Dictionary
perdition noun
/pərˈdɪʃn/
[uncountable] (formal)
1 punishment that lasts for ever after death
2 (literary ) loss of the soul and punishment after death;
hell
3 (old-fashioned ) complete loss, failure, or destruction
His mother felt that his behavior was leading him down the
path to perdition.
See perdition in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Check pronunciation:

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/american_english/perdition
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 6:17am On Nov 27, 2019
jcross19:

Since our spirit goes to Heaven or Earth as soon as we die why is there a need for resurrection?

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 6:25am On Nov 27, 2019
jcross19:

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 1 Corinthians 15:32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 7:32am On Nov 27, 2019
blueAgent:
Keep fooling yourself, it's obvious you were sent to be a distraction.
The pitiful ''you were sent to be a distraction" line, that's what you all say, when caught like a thief in the village square and so just to cover up for your inadequancies, shortcomings, failings and action of stealing another person's literary work or property by not crediting the original author nor citing the internet/website source excerpt content copied and pasted from.

blueAgent:
I have proven my points and argument, is up to you to disprove me with clear Bible verses and facts
What you countless times have proven, is that, you're threatened by seven harmless, simple, easy, direct and straightforward questions

blueAgent:
is up to you to disprove me with clear Bible verses and facts
Your bible literacy is poor. You are not prepared for handling facts and so not ready to face facts.

blueAgent:
The ball is in your court.
The ball was in my court, but you then kicked the ball into your own goal

What, between the spirit and the soul, is going to be judged blueAgent, since, like as if being a broken record, you keep repeating upandan the thread "since our spirit goes to Heaven or Earth as soon as we die why is there a need for resurrection?"
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
The pitiful ''you were sent to be a distraction" line, that's what you all say, when caught like a thief in the village square and so just to cover up for your inadequancies, shortcomings, failings and action of stealing another person's literary work or property by not crediting the original author nor citing the internet/website source excerpt content copied and pasted from.

What you countless times have proven, is that, you're threatened by seven harmless, simple, easy, direct and straightforward questions

Your bible literacy is poor. You are not prepared for handling facts and so not ready to face facts.

The ball was in my court, but you then kicked the ball into your own goal

What, between the spirit and the soul, is going to be judged blueAgent, since, like as if being a broken record, you keep repeating upandan the thread "since our spirit goes to Heaven or Earth as soon as we die why is there a need for resurrection?"

You know you cannot match me that is obvious to you.

like I said before it is the ressurreted people who were dead that is judged and sent to Heaven or Hell and not any imaginary soul or spirit.

Of course when people come back to life by the breathe of God which is the spirit there soul comes to life which is there thoughts,mind physce, perception.

All this can be found in my OP.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
jcross19:

God who made man knew that the only way man or any part of man can live forever is by him having access to the trees of life so God drove man out of the garden that has the tree of life

Your claim that the spirit lives on after death is like you saying God did not know what he was doing or did not succed on his plan or action of driving man out of the gardern of Eden.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 2:49am On Nov 28, 2019
Double post
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 2:49am On Nov 28, 2019
Double post
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 2:51am On Nov 28, 2019
Double post
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 2:52am On Nov 28, 2019
blueAgent:
You know you cannot match me that is obvious to you
Who'd have imagined it eh? That you'd get this right. Of course, I cannot match your the level of ignorance, that you've successfully managed to upandan display on this thread, not just to me, but to other posters as well too, lol.

I know I cannot match you, and that simply is because your words dont match and/or dont add up. You are confused and confusing yourself. Tbh, you should be ashamed to be threatened by seven harmless, simple, easy, direct and straightforward questions. You're the man who truly believed in his own hype, to the extent that you're now trying your damn hard, to get others buy into the hype as well. You're ignorant of what and all you dont know. Mister man, your highest knowledge, is no match for my lowest wisdom. Go siddon in corner somewhere faraway jor. Or just comot for thread ojaare, you think say, na by muscles, pesin dey take stand príck ni. Smh.

blueAgent:
like I said before it is the ressurreted people who were dead that is judged and sent to Heaven or Hell and not any imaginary soul or spirit.
1/ How and what do, these your ressurreted people, who were dead and judged appear as, before being sent to Heaven or Hell?
2/ What happens to the soul after physical death?
3/ What happens to the spirit after physical death?
4/ What are resurrected humans going to be raised up as?

blueAgent:
Of course when people come back to life by the breathe of God which is the spirit there soul comes to life which is there thoughts, mind physce, perception.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]

"I understand your confusion you seem to believe the lie that the Soul or spirit of man is what goes to Heaven or Hell.
That's not true, all this false teachings were brought into Christaintity by pagans.
The truth is, it is our bodies that go to Heaven or Hell and not some imaginary soul or spirit
"
- Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:16am On Nov 16

"First you need to understand that the word spirit when used in the Bible can mean 3 different things *Which are a living being like God, Angels,
*It can mean the mind, will, thought, zeal, imagination
"
- Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17

"What do you think is the Soul?
and if what goes to Heaven or Hell is the soul then why do we have a resurrection?
"
- Religion / Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18

"How does that explain or mean that the spirit taken by God are still existing?"
- Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 11:15pm On Nov 19

Would you imagine, small time now, blueAgent will say OP isnt read. blueAgent fyi, at 7:38pm On Nov 17, you claimed the spirit is the mind, will, thought, zeal, imagination. Now, today, at 7:13pm, you say "soul comes to life which is their thoughts, mind physce, perception." You typed "there" but we know you meant "their" hence the edit, done on your behalf. OK, back on track, this is what happens when you dont know or dont want to make your own cheese. You are lazy, and that's how or why you get caught in, mixing up different bottles of cow milk. Your copying and pasting, word for word, from websites online betrays a lack of power to form thoughts in your head. It betrays a lack of ability to use your own brain to say things clearly and distinctly using your own words or wording. You gulp down hook, line and sinker other peoples work and even have the audacity to present them here withouting crediting the authors. It is when you now want to express the thoughts, ideology, theology, concept etcetera that you trip over you own shoelaces because you never in the first place, gave any of the thoughts, ideology, theology, concept etcetera your own insightful thinking, in the first instance

blueAgent:
All this can be found in my OP.
Nothing can be found in your OP, except that we find you're lost and buried under the weight of the haystack of confusion you with your own hands got yourself into. You are to be found in confused.com land,lol. I find it cringeworthy reading your blind arguments
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 6:31am On Nov 28, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Who'd have imagined it eh? That you'd get this right. Of course, I cannot match your the level of ignorance, that you've successfully managed to upandan display on this thread, not just to me, but to other posters as well too, lol.

I know I cannot match you, and that simply is because your words dont match and/or dont add up. You are confused and confusing yourself. Tbh, you should be ashamed to be threatened by seven harmless, simple, easy, direct and straightforward questions. You're the man who truly believed in his own hype, to the extent that you're now trying your damn hard, to get others buy into the hype as well. You're ignorant of what and all you dont know. Mister man, your highest knowledge, is no match for my lowest wisdom. Go siddon in corner somewhere faraway jor. Or just comot for thread ojaare, you think say, na by muscles, pesin dey take stand príck ni. Smh.

1/ How and what do, these your ressurreted people, who were dead and judged appear as, before being sent to Heaven or Hell?
2/ What happens to the soul after physical death?
3/ What happens to the spirit after physical death?
4/ What are resurrected humans going to be raised up as?

[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]

"I understand your confusion you seem to believe the lie that the Soul or spirit of man is what goes to Heaven or Hell.
That's not true, all this false teachings were brought into Christaintity by pagans.
The truth is, it is our bodies that go to Heaven or Hell and not some imaginary soul or spirit
"
- Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:16am On Nov 16

"First you need to understand that the word spirit when used in the Bible can mean 3 different things *Which are a living being like God, Angels,
*It can mean the mind, will, thought, zeal, imagination
"
- Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17

"What do you think is the Soul?
and if what goes to Heaven or Hell is the soul then why do we have a resurrection?
"
- Religion / Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18

"How does that explain or mean that the spirit taken by God are still existing?"
- Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 11:15pm On Nov 19

Would you imagine, small time now, blueAgent will say OP isnt read. blueAgent fyi, at 7:38pm On Nov 17, you claimed the spirit is the mind, will, thought, zeal, imagination. Now, today, at 7:13pm, you say "soul comes to life which is their thoughts, mind physce, perception." You typed "there" but we know you meant "their" hence the edit, done on your behalf. OK, back on track, this is what happens when you dont know or dont want to make your own cheese. You are lazy, and that how or why you get caught in mixing up different bottles of cow milk. Your copying and pasting, word for word, from websites online betrays a lack of power to form thoughts in your head. It betrays a lack of ability to use your own brain to say things clearly and distinctly using your own words or wording. You gulp down hook, line and sinker other peoples work and even have the audacity to present them here withouting crediting the authors. It is when you now want to express the thoughts, ideology, theology, concept etcetera that you trip over you own shoelaces because you never in the first place, gave any of the thoughts, ideology, theology, concept etcetera your own insightful thinking, in the first instance

Nothing can be found in your OP, except that we find you're lost and buried under the weight of the haystack of confusion you with your own hands got yourself into. You are to be found in confused.com land,lol. I find it cringeworthy reading your blind arguments

You are a sick.

There nothing I wrote here that contradicts my OP.
A major reason for this misunderstanding is that people fail to
understand what the Bible refers to as a soul or a spirit.
In the Bible a spirit can refer or mean 3 different things.
*A living being:God is a spirit, Angels,Demons & Satan are
spirits Heb12:9,Heb 1:7, Leviticus 20:27
*It can also be used to refer to the breath of life in Man or
animals
James 2:26,Job 33:4,Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust
return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto
God who gave it.
*It can also be used to refer to a persons will, capacity,
countenance,reasoning, mind,intellect,zeal,thoughts,visions or
dreams.Gen6:3,Genesis 41:8, Exdous 31:3,Exdous 35:31.
Isaiah 40:13 ...'Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, or
being his counsellor has taught him?'
Romans 11:34 ...'For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or
who has been his counsellor?'
Also the Soul in the Bible refers to 3 different things.
* A living person or animal.genesis12:15,genesis 46:18
* Life force or life of a person
Genesis 35:18
* Faculty or reasoning or intellect of a person,mind,thoughts.
songs of Solomon 1:7,3:1, Isaiah 26:8&9.
As we can see no where in the Bible does the spirit or soul of
a person mean something that has immortality or that can
exist on its own.the Bible also inform us that the Dead know
nothing neither there soul or spirit is concoius of anything as
erroneously taught to people.
Man is nothing more but clay or dust powered by the spirit of
God
Life is what makes us a Soul.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Ihedinobi3: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2019
blueAgent:

Every thing you posted contradicts God's word.
Here is the words of Job concerning the State of the dead.
Job said that if he had died he would had been at rest and
like someone who never ever existed.
Job 3:9 Let the stars of the twilight thereof be dark; let it look
for light, but have none; neither let it see the dawning of the
day: 3:10 Because it shut not up the doors of my mother's
womb, nor hid sorrow from mine eyes. 3:11 Why died I not
from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came
out of the belly? 3:12 Why did the knees prevent me? or why
the breasts that I should suck? 3:13 For now should I have
lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been
at rest, 3:14 With kings and counsellors of the earth, which
built desolate places for themselves; 3:15 Or with princes that
had gold, who filled their houses with silver: 3:16 Or as an
hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants which never
saw light. 3:17 There the wicked cease from troubling; and
there the weary be at rest. 3:18 There the prisoners rest
together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor. 3:19 The
small and great are there; and the servant is free from his
master. 3:20 Wherefore is light given to him that is in misery,
and life unto the bitter in soul; 3:21 Which long for death, but
it cometh not; and dig for it more than for hid treasures; 3:22
Which rejoice exceedingly, and are glad, when they can find
the grave?
blueAgent:

It's obvious you have boxed yourself into a corner, hence your inability to answer my questions.

You claim that the Soul lives on and cannot die.

That's a very big lie because the Bible says the soul can die.
The soul is not Immorttal neither is man.

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The spirit does not have Immortality the Bible says only God has Immortality .
remember that God is a spirit, so if the Bible says is Only God that has Immortality than it means that no other spirit has Immortality. That includes the Devil and the spirit of man
blueAgent:

emphasis on Job 3:13,3:16,3:17,3:19
blueAgent:

The Bible Says
blueAgent:

The undying, immortal soul is not mentioned in the Bible.

No. The undying, immortal soul is not mentioned in the Bible.
As you said, the Scriptures cannot be broken. So, I don't believe that any part of the Bible can contradict any other. That was why I provided passages in the Bible that disagreed with your interpretation of these ones that you have shown here and others like them. Then I also went on to provide an interpretation that accounts for everything the Bible has to say about all this.

You have not actually addressed my arguments at all. As I said, you have tried rather to drag me into an exchange of insults and accusations/counter accusations. You have dismissed my arguments right out of hand too. But you have not actually looked at what I have said and what I have shown you from the Bible that disagrees with your doctrine.

I don't really care what you want to believe and teach. That is really your business, and I have no right or interest in interferring in your exercise of your free will. I have only interfered here because you are teaching this in public space where I am also responsible to offer protection for believers who come around these parts. My interference is purely to leave a witness to the Truth here for those who could be misled by you. If they accept my testimony, they will be safe. If they do not, they won't be.

I am done with our exchange. I will not be responding again to you.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

As you said, the Scriptures cannot be broken. So, I don't believe that any part of the Bible can contradict any other. That was why I provided passages in the Bible that disagreed with your interpretation of these ones that you have shown here and others like them. Then I also went on to provide an interpretation that accounts for everything the Bible has to say about all this.

You have not actually addressed my arguments at all. As I said, you have tried rather to drag me into an exchange of insults and accusations/counter accusations. You have dismissed my arguments right out of hand too. But you have not actually looked at what I have said and what I have shown you from the Bible that disagrees with your doctrine.

I don't really care what you want to believe and teach. That is really your business, and I have no right or interest in interferring in your exercise of your free will. I have only interfered here because you are teaching this in public space where I am also responsible to offer protection for believers who come around these parts. My interference is purely to leave a witness to the Truth here for those who could be misled by you. If they accept my testimony, they will be safe. If they do not, they won't be.

I am done with our exchange. I will not be responding again to you.

Are you running away?

I exposed the Inconsistency of your argument and you could not defend yourself.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Ihedinobi3: 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2019
blueAgent:

Are you running away?

I exposed the inconsistentance of of your argument and you could not defend yourself.
I don't think you did. I only saw you reiterating the position that I was challenging, not answering the challenges that I offered to you.

But, no matter, it really would be a waste of my time and energy to engage any further. I don't think you will or can answer my challenges any better than you have done.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I don't think you did. I only saw you reiterating the position that I was challenging, not answering the challenges that I offered to you.

But, no matter, it really would be a waste of my time and energy to engage any further. I don't think you will or can answer my challenges any better than you have done.

Which challenges?
That the Soul lives after death, which cannot be proven in the Bible or is that the spirit is immortal?
Where you able to answer any of my questions?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by budaatum: 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
blueAgent:

The Bible Says
For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Ihedinobi3: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
blueAgent:

Which challenges?
That the Soul lives after death, which cannot be proven in the Bible or is that the spirit is immortal?
Where you able to answer any of my questions?
You'll need to refer to my previous posts to find out which challenges. I did spell them out as clearly as I could from the beginning.

As for your second question, please read my previous posts to see what I actually said about the soul. As for what can be proven in the Bible, I think that it is obvious that you have no biblical arguments for your position. The fact that you have not addressed my arguments, preferring instead to try to drag me into an exchange of insults, is proof enough of that.

As for your questions, I was the challenger here. I came and asked you to prove that your teaching is biblical by showing you passages in the Bible that contradicted your position. You did not give any good answers. I proceeded on my own to provide an alternative interpretation of the Scriptures regarding the issue, and I answered every reasonable question that you asked challenging my interpretation. What questions I refused to answer I explained why I refused to answer.

I realize that you are quarrelsome and you are spoiling for a fight, but I have neither time nor energy for that. You have people here who have been more than happy to indulge your appetite for it, so you really don't need me to join in the fray. I have no doubt that your position is pure heresy. I also have no doubt that you know it and simply don't care. So, I have no interest in trying to persuade you to believe anything different than you do. I am happy to simply demonstrate that you are teaching a false doctrine here so that anyone who loves the Truth and comes here will not be deceived by you. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You'll need to refer to my previous posts to find out which challenges. I did spell them out as clearly as I could from the beginning.

As for your second question, please read my previous posts to see what I actually said about the soul. As for what can be proven in the Bible, I think that it is obvious that you have no biblical arguments for your position. The fact that you have not addressed my arguments, preferring instead to try to drag me into an exchange of insults, is proof enough of that.

As for your questions, I was the challenger here. I came and asked you to prove that your teaching is biblical by showing you passages in the Bible that contradicted your position. You did not give any good answers. I proceeded on my own to provide an alternative interpretation of the Scriptures regarding the issue, and I answered every reasonable question that you asked challenging my interpretation. What questions I refused to answer I explained why I refused to answer.

I realize that you are quarrelsome and you are spoiling for a fight, but I have neither time nor energy for that. You have people here who have been more than happy to indulge your appetite for it, so you really don't need me to join in the fray. I have no doubt that your position is pure heresy. I also have no doubt that you know it and simply don't care. So, I have no interest in trying to persuade you to believe anything different than you do. I am happy to simply demonstrate that you are teaching a false doctrine here so that anyone who loves the Truth and comes here will not be deceived by you. That's all.

I laugh at you.

Let's keep it simple what is your position on the Immortality of the soul or spirit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? / Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory / Female Pastor Preaching With Bare Boobs: Return O F Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.