Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? (8404 Views)

Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? / Why Do Man Debate The Existence Of A 'god'? A Candid Question. / What Is The Difference Between Lucifer And Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by kumulus(m): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
blueAgent:

Heaven or Hell is real.
What I wrote and mean is that Man does not have Immortality inherently as taught by preachers, rather according to the word of God man can only gain Immortality through faith and trust in Christ the son of God.
Man's spirit which can mean his thoughts,will, zeal,mind or the breathe of God in his nostrils does not live after a man dies.

the spirit or breathe from God is a force like electricity, it only powers the body just like electricity powers a radio or TV set. but it cannot exist independently on it's own just like electricity on it's own cannot think,reason,eat or do anything except to power an appliance.

I understand your confusion you seem to believe the lie that the Soul or spirit of man is what goes to Heaven or Hell.

That's not true, all this false teachings were brought into Christaintity by pagans.

The truth is, it is our bodies that go to Heaven or Hell and not some imaginary soul or spirit.

I will take time to explain all.

Bro you're confusing the lot....please re-examine your submissions.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by kumulus(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
blueAgent:

The Smoke of Their Torment
1. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and
ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship
the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark
of his name. Revelation 14:11
Here is another interesting note: "The smoke of their torment
ascendeth up for ever and ever", from Revelation 14:11
obviously comes from Isaiah 34:10. It is the description of the
destruction and desolation of Edom. Most of the book of
Revelation actually is connected with the Old Testament.
1. It shall not be quenched night or day; Its smoke
shall ascend forever . From generation to generation it
shall lie waste; No one shall pass through it forever
and ever . Isaiah 34:10
It is clear that Isaiah was not saying that the smoke would be
ascending forever since he also says that the land would then
become a waste for generations. He says that it would be a
place that only wild animals would inhabit. The animals
would take over the land.
1. But the pelican and the porcupine shall possess it,
Also the owl and the raven shall dwell in it. And He shall
stretch out over it The line of confusion and the stones of
emptiness.
2. They shall call its nobles to the kingdom, But none
shall be there, and all its princes shall be nothing.
3. And thorns shall come up in its palaces, Nettles and
brambles in its fortresses; It shall be a habitation of
jackals, A courtyard for ostriches.
4. The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with
the jackals, And the wild goat shall bleat to its
companion; Also the night creature shall rest there, And
find for herself a place of rest.
5. There the arrow snake shall make her nest and lay
eggs And hatch, and gather them under her shadow;
There also shall the hawks be gathered, Every one with
her mate. Isaiah 34:11-15
The description of the smoke, is only a temporary action.
Once the smoke is gone, then the animals take over. So, this
text really speaks of complete destruction, not that the smoke
would be forever rising, but that it would become a wasteland.
The fire would do its job and then nothing would be left. If the
area would be forever burning and smokey, the wild animals
would never inhabit the area. Animals run away from smoke
and fire.
The destruction of Edom matches the destruction of the
wicked at the end. They will also vanish away once the fire
does its job of destroying the wicked.
20. But the wicked shall perish; And the enemies of
the LORD , Like the splendor of the meadows, shall
vanish. Into smoke they shall vanish away . Psalm 37:
So in this case the word " forever", only means for as long as
Edom burned. And in Revelation, "forever" only means for as
long as the wicked burn. The fire will not be quenched until
everything is burned up.

What's all this.....how does it apply to the post you're responding to.

Just this morning I saw somewhere someone admonishing Christians to pray for Death to die (lol) and not the devil. The intent of his message could be seen as viable but his submission failed.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by ezeonline2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Alright. I have further questions.

1. What is a soul? I have in mind Genesis 2:7 in asking you that. If Genesis 2:7 is true, and if Ecclesiastes 12:7 is too, then why do you hold that the death of the soul means that the spirit ceases to exist? If it ceases to exist, then how does it return to God Who is said to have given it? Also, why does Hebrews 12:23 say that we have come to the heavenly Jerusalem where there are spirits of righteous men who have been made perfect if the spirit ceases to exist after death? Why also do we see the "souls" of the martyrs at the foot of the altar in Heaven in Revelation 6:9 if the death of souls means that the person ceases to exist?

2. How do we know which "forever" is meant when we read "forever" in the Bible? For example, when Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, how can we tell which forever is meant there?

3. When Revelation 14:10-11 says that those who take the mark of the beast will be tormented in fire and brimstone, such that the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, how do we know which "forever" is meant here? Also, when is this torment happening? Is it while they are still alive on Earth? How can you tell?

Thank you very much man of God.. I perfectly understandable. More Greece be on you sir
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 2:49am On Nov 18, 2019
kumulus:

What's all this.....how does it apply to the post you're responding to.

Just this morning I saw somewhere someone admonishing Christians to pray for Death to die (lol) and not the devil. The intent of his message could be seen as viable but his submission failed.

What is there you don't understand?

Someone asked me how the word forever is applied in the Bible and I gave him examples of incidents were forever was applied but not in a literal sense.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 2:50am On Nov 18, 2019
kumulus:

How are you confused?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 2:51am On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:
immortal mean to live forever right and you are telling us that Satan does not live forever ! do you really know why God created hell fire for those demons ? bible says eternal punishment mean everlasting , forever because spirit don't die.

Show me were it is written that Satan and spirits cannot die?

If Satan can live forever than he is equal with God which is impossible, because the Bible says that only, I repeat only God has Immortality.

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 3:04am On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:
like I have said you are confused sir! edom was a city before but edom was wipe off the map, which is the fulfilment of that prophecy and that prophecy against edom have nothing to do with the book revelation sir .

It's obvious you did not understand what is been said.

Isaiah prophecised that Edom will be burnt with fire and the smoke will ascend forever.

If we take the ascend forever literally, that will make God a liar because we know that Edom is no longer burning neither is their smoke still ascending.

This verse parallels Rev 14:11 and like Isaiah 34:10 this verse should also not been taken literally because God also said that the fire of Hell will be put out after it destroyed all the wicked.

Isaiah 47:14

Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them;
they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the
flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit
before it.

2 Likes

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 18, 2019
God bless u sir
blueAgent:

I have taken time to breakdown the answers and facts of this topic in a way that will help you understand it better.

For you to properly understand this topic or issue you need to know or understand some key points or facts.
1.What is Man?
Man is a living Soul who possess a spirit which is the breathe of life or the mind or will of a man.
Man(living Soul)= body(dust)+Spirit(life force from God).

Job 34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Ecclesiastes 8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

2.what is the state of the dead?
Contrary to popular teachings on the dead the truth remains that the dead know nothing.
death is called a sleep by God.

Psalms 76:6 At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.
Psalms 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
Psalms 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ecclesiastes 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

3. When is man rewarded is it immediately after death or when Christ comes.the Ans is when Christ comes which is at the end of the World.
Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Even David has not gone to Heaven yet.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

4. No one goes to Heaven or Hell till after the day of Judgement.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Even Satan and his Angels are kept for that judgement day.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5: What do the dead do in the grave?
The Ans is they do nothing, they just sleep, they are reserved their waiting for the day of Judgement.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Job 21:30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 4:24am On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:
Heaven or Hell is real.
What I wrote and mean is that Man does not have Immortality inherently as taught by preachers, rather according to the word of God man can only gain Immortality through faith and trust in Christ the son of God.
Man's spirit which can mean his thoughts, will, zeal, mind or the breathe of God in his nostrils does not live after a ma, the under below emboldened two.n dies.

the spirit or breathe from God is a force like electricity, it only powers the body just like electricity powers a radio or TV set. but it cannot exist independently on it's own just like electricity on it's own cannot think, reason, eat or do anything except to power an appliance.
I was about going to order a chilled bottle of orijin plus a truckload of kolanuts for you, but then you dropped a clanger next with the under below emboldened and/or underlined text.

blueAgent:
I understand your confusion you seem to believe the lie that the Soul or spirit of man is what goes to Heaven or Hell.
That's not true, all this false teachings were brought into Christaintity by pagans.
The truth is, it is our bodies that go to Heaven or Hell and not some imaginary soul or spirit.

I will take time to explain all.
Here is where you began to introduce your confusion and unawareness of facts.

kumulus:
I noticed it too, and your observation here, forced me to make the comment I've just done here.

blueAgent:

Someone asked me how the word forever is applied in the Bible and I gave him examples of incidents were forever was applied but not in a literal sense.
... and your response and delivery as regards what "forever" means in the related verse(s) was spot on

blueAgent:
How are you confused?
I was enjoying and liking your each of your posts until when scrolling upwards, I bumped into you confusing yourself that already decayed and/or decomposed human being bodies will make heaven or the lake of fire,. You actually typed that its a lie that the Soul or spirit of man is what goes to Heaven or Hell. I balked at that point in time, and said to myself, blueAgent at this point, YOYO, as in meaning, blueAgent you're on your own, lol.

All the interested parties are after, is the soul of man. God is in the business of paid the price for human souls and the devil equally, is so much interested in human souls too, lol. It really somewhat looks like, it is a race to the end, for the souls of man, lol

Matthew 10:28 states "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." The "body in hell" in that verse applies to the bodies that havent gone through the state or process of rotting or decomposition and become dust, through the action of bacteria, fungi, ants etcetera, lol.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by kumulus(m): 4:32am On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

Again I say, re-examine your submissions. Forever only means one, for ever! You gave examples like Samuel, Solomon's temple et all.....your narrative are quite misleading for the unsuspecting...... I'll only admonish you to preach the message of Christ. Blessings!
-Lloyd
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 9:09am On Nov 18, 2019
kumulus:
Again I say, re-examine your submissions. Forever only means one, for ever! You gave examples like Samuel, Solomon's temple et all.....your narrative are quite misleading for the unsuspecting...... I'll only admonish you to preach the message of Christ. Blessings!
-Lloyd
kumulus or Lloyd, what's it your name is, I dislike when people dey chop meat for mouth, dey make am disappear, and begin to wipe clean mouth as if they nefa chop meat for mouth at all. Explain how and where blueAgent narrative, allegedly is quite misleading for the unsuspecting now. Pull and bring out his exact words, let's all together re-examine it now. Let's both contextually, look at what, how and why blueAgent wrote about forever.

Of course, forever, could mean only once, for ever, as in meaning a destruction could continue endlessly, just like as the small valley burning refuse dump, Gehenna, in Jerusalem burns endlessly.

Talking of Gehenna, it was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem. Well, we both know, it is a valley, a valley in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and so was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire (i.e. it is a place of destruction, as in, via incineration, a place for destroying things)

Grave/tomb/sepulchre sites are merely places of deposit for a corpse. Sheol is the realm of the dead or departed souls - Souls do not linger in the air. Souls do not stay in limbo. Souls do not hang about. Souls do not make revisits

Until Jesus in the NT, Sheol in general, without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead

We have verses in OT (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to Sheol but it was Jesus in the NT that brought things into perspective when he shared the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side

Remember just like because you're telling a joke, it doesnt necessarily mean, the joke is devoid of some element of truth and reality, so is the case with the parable of the unnamed rich man and beggar poor man. Lazarus

Sheol (i.e. the original Hebrew concept of afterlife) now has gray lines shared with Gehenna (i.e. the refuse dump in Jerusalem hyperbolically referred to by Jesus in Matthew 5:29 Matthew 18:9 and Mark 9:47) and Hell (i.e. a Greek mythology and Greek concept of afterlife) which arent really understood

The etymology of afterlife from a Jewish concept (i.e. Sheol, with 2 sections) has changed over time and Sheol, since, has being interchangeably replaced with Gehenna and/or Hell/Hades

As a matter of fact(s), hell which has become synonymous with Hades, is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin. Sheol is, what you'll find in the original Hebrew text for any word for Hell. In other places, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is kept, from the Parable of the Rich Man and beggar poor man Lazarus

As a matter of fact, Hell, actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, Hades, where Hades interestingly and actually, was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. This god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

Show me were it is written that Satan and spirits cannot die?

If Satan can live forever than he is equal with God which is impossible, because the Bible says that only, I repeat only God has Immortality.

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
spirit don't die , man in the bible mean flesh , flesh have due time on earth! now listen we are spirits but clothed with flesh. spirit don't die that's why God prepared everlasting fire. now that quotation is talking about spirit compared to mankind! tell me where devil will die!
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

It's obvious you did not understand what is been said.

Isaiah prophecised that Edom will be burnt with fire and the smoke will ascend forever.

If we take the ascend forever literally, that will make God a liar because we know that Edom is no longer burning neither is their smoke still ascending.

This verse parallels Rev 14:11 and like Isaiah 34:10 this verse should also not been taken literally because God also said that the fire of Hell will be put out after it destroyed all the wicked.

Isaiah 47:14

Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them;
they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the
flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit
before it.
Revelation 14:11, talks about eternity punishment, if the spirit is not immortal why are they burning in the fire till eternity!
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:
Revelation 14:11, talks about eternity punishment, if the spirit is not immortal why are they burning in the fire till eternity!

Let me give an assignment.

Show one Bible verse that says the spirit of the wicked will be cast into Hell?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:
spirit don't die , man in the bible mean flesh , flesh have due time on earth! now listen we are spirits but clothed with flesh. spirit don't die that's why God prepared everlasting fire. now that quotation is talking about spirit compared to mankind! tell me where devil will die!

Crap.

Give me Bible verses and evidence not lay talk.

Psalm 104:29

Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled; thou takest away
their spirit, they cease to exist and return to their dust.

Job 34:14
If he set his heart upon man, if he gather
unto himself his spirit and his breath;

Job 4:18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly: 4:19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth? 4:20 They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it. 4:21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:

If Man's spirit can not die than Man has Immortality.

but that is not possible because only God has Immortality.and man is called mortal in the Bible meaning he can die.

Job 4:17
Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be
more pure than his maker?

The Devil can die because he is a created being who has a beginning and also an end.

His death was pronounced by God through prophet Ezekiel.

Ezekiel 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:

Please show in this verse were man became a spirit ?

Genesis 2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust
of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils
the breath of life; and man became a living
soul."

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
kumulus:

-Lloyd

I know that my message is in perfect order.

If you cannot explain to us why the word forever in certain examples in the Bible are not still taking place then we cannot take you serious.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:

Where in this Bible verses is there a hint that man is a spirit?

Genesis 3:19,
"In the sweat of face shalt thou eat bread,
till thou return unto the ground; for out of it
wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto
dust shalt thou return."

Psalms 103:13-14, KJV
"Like as a father pitieth his children, so the
LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he
knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we
are dust."

Psalm 104:29, KJV
"Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou
takest away their breath, they die, and return
to their dust."

Job 21:22-26, KJV
"Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing he
judgeth those that are high. One dieth in his
full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet.
His breasts are full of milk, and his bones are
moistened with marrow. And another dieth in
the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth
with pleasure. They shall lie down alike in the
dust, and the worms shall cover them."

Job 34:14-15, KJV
"If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto
himself his spirit and his breath; All flesh shall
perish together, and man shall turn again unto
dust."

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I was about going to order a chilled bottle of orijin plus a truckload of kolanuts for you, but then you dropped a clanger next with the under below emboldened and/or underlined text.

Here is where you began to introduce your confusion and unawareness of facts.

I noticed it too, and your observation here, forced me to make the comment I've just done here.

... and your response and delivery as regards what "forever" means in the related verse(s) was spot on

I was enjoying and liking your each of your posts until when scrolling upwards, I bumped into you confusing yourself that already decayed and/or decomposed human being bodies will make heaven or the lake of fire,. You actually typed that its a lie that the Soul or spirit of man is what goes to Heaven or Hell. I balked at that point in time, and said to myself, blueAgent at this point, YOYO, as in meaning, blueAgent you're on your own, lol.

All the interested parties are after, is the soul of man. God is in the business of paid the price for human souls and the devil equally, is so much interested in human souls too, lol. It really somewhat looks like, it is a race to the end, for the souls of man, lol

Matthew 10:28 states "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." The "body in hell" in that verse applies to the bodies that havent gone through the state or process of rotting or decomposition and become dust, through the action of bacteria, fungi, ants etcetera, lol.

What do you think is the Soul?

and if what goes to Heaven or Hell is the soul then why do we have a resurrection?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
jerry447:
God bless u sir

Thank you Bro, and God bless you too.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by blueAgent(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:

Is Sodom and Gomorrah still burning?

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

Is Sodom and Gomorrah still burning?
is just a figurative speech , meaning total annihilation!
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

Where in this Bible verses is there a hint that man is a spirit?

Genesis 3:19,
"In the sweat of face shalt thou eat bread,
till thou return unto the ground; for out of it
wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto
dust shalt thou return."

Psalms 103:13-14, KJV
"Like as a father pitieth his children, so the
LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he
knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we
are dust."

Psalm 104:29, KJV
"Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou
takest away their breath, they die, and return
to their dust."

Job 21:22-26, KJV
"Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing he
judgeth those that are high. One dieth in his
full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet.
His breasts are full of milk, and his bones are
moistened with marrow. And another dieth in
the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth
with pleasure. They shall lie down alike in the
dust, and the worms shall cover them."

Job 34:14-15, KJV
"If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto
himself his spirit and his breath; All flesh shall
perish together, and man shall turn again unto
dust."
what's the different between son of man and son of God? Man in the bible simple mean mankind and mankind just canal of flesh that's all okay;Luke 24:39:look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a GHOST does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.",Mathew 14vs26:when the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a GHOST," they said, and cried out in fear., now have reading the story of the rich and Lazarus , where was Lazarus after death and the rich? What does the story tells you about life after death, the response of Abraham to the rich man what does that mean to you? If spirit is not immortal there is no need for Christ to come
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

Please show in this verse were man became a spirit ?

Genesis 2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust
of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils
the breath of life; and man became a living
soul."
the flesh is what bible refer as a man noe ask your self what's the significant of the parable of the rich and Lazarus why did they appear after death! What does the story tell you after death.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
blueAgent:

Crap.

Give me Bible verses and evidence not lay talk.

Psalm 104:29

Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled; thou takest away
their spirit, they cease to exist and return to their dust.

Job 34:14
If he set his heart upon man, if he gather
unto himself his spirit and his breath;

Job 4:18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly: 4:19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth? 4:20 They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it. 4:21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.

even the psalm you quoted said He takes away their spirit mean their spirits are still existing but with God while their flesh returned to the dust! You are just confused sir
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Janosky: 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:
even the psalm you quoted said He takes away their spirit mean their spirits are still existing but with God while their flesh returned to the dust! You are just confused sir
Jcross, please go and find out the Hebrew word lexicon for 'Spirit' in Psalm 104:29 & Eccl12:7.
If you don't do it, you're lost.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Janosky:

Jcross, please go and find out the Hebrew word lexicon for 'Spirit' in Psalm 104:29 & Eccl12:7.
am asking you what's the meaning of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus why did Jesus talk about their existence even after their death on earth ? Are you telling me that Jesus have lost His senses abi Jesus did know what he was saying when he said " and Lazarus was at the bosom of Abraham " which Lazarus is he talking about? Because Lazarus have died and returned to dust so which one is sitting at the bosom of Abraham?
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Janosky: 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
jcross19:
am asking you what's the meaning of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus why did Jesus talk about their existence even after their death on earth ?

Q2) Are you telling me that Jesus have lost His senses abi Jesus did know what he was saying when he said " and Lazarus was at the bosom of Abraham " which Lazarus is he talking about?

@3) Because Lazarus have died and returned to dust so which one is sitting at the bosom of Abraham?

* Food for your thoughts***

*Response to your Questions
(*Q1 and Q3)Pls. can you share with us from your Bible the Lazarus narrative of his blissful heavenly experience after his resurrection?

Q2) John3:13, is Jesus Christ a liar?

What is the name of the rich man?
** What's the reason why your Bible headlines it as "Parable of the rich man and Lazarus"? Pls think !!!!

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by Janosky: 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
Janosky:

Pls, do the needful, then you can have a clearer picture of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus... .

1 Like

Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by jcross19: 12:14am On Nov 19, 2019
Janosky:

(*Q1 and Q3)Pls. can you share with us from your Bible the Lazarus narrative of his blissful heavenly experience after his resurrection?

** What's the reason why your Bible headlines it as "Parable of the rich man and Lazarus"? Pls think !!!!
I still laugh well is not your fault because you read Bible like a book and interpret it as it suits you! lol can you see what we are saying now in that john 3:13 then that mean Elijah was hang in the sky abi where did Elijah goes? ahaahaha! can you remember Jesus transfiguration on mountain with Elijah and moses where did they come from?.I laugh again! Jesus will not make use what that does not exist to set as example brother! Jesus knew there is life after death and which is immortality , that's for spirit. now let me coach that immortality that we lost in the garden God want man kind to experience it on earth but we have lost it.
Re: Do Man And Satan Have Immortality? by MuttleyLaff: 4:31am On Nov 19, 2019
Janosky:

jcross19:
I still laugh well is not your fault because you read Bible like a book and interpret it as it suits you! lol can you see what we are saying now in that john 3:13 then that mean Elijah was hang in the sky abi where did Elijah goes? ahaahaha! can you remember Jesus transfiguration on mountain with Elijah and Moses where did they come from?.I laugh again! Jesus will not make use what that does not exist to set as example brother! Jesus knew there is life after death and which is immortality, that's for spirit. now let me coach that immortality that we lost in the garden God want man kind to experience it on earth but we have lost it.
Go and sit down jor. Mr Coach, fyi, Elijah was teleported, as in, got translated elsewhere, then like every other human being died.

The next fyi for you Mr Coach, is that, what John, Peter and James, in Matthew 17:3 saw, of Elijah and Moses, was a vision, its nothing more, nothing less than that and the vision happened, to serve as a symbolism of handing over. In that vision, the inner caucus trio disciples witnessed, Elijah representing the prophets and Moses representing the Law, updating Jesus and then after giving over control and responsibility to Jesus, to forge ahead, go make a reality of and finish the redemptive work in a burst of power and might.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / Christianity has Contributed much positively To Mankind / Finally, Atheists Can Be Proven Wrong!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.