Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,729 members, 7,827,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF (16528 Views)

Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease / Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? / Today Is World's No Bra Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Zooposki(f): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
javaguru:
we better detach from this fulanis, the igbos are too advanced for this country.

How? Are they the ones developing all the countries?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by HallaDaTruth: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
IT'S THE NORTH, THEY NEED TO BE SPECIFIC PLEASE

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by HallaDaTruth: 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
javaguru:
we better detach from this fulanis, the igbos are too advanced for this country.

I SUPPORT YOU

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by HallaDaTruth: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
FuckTheMod:

You meant Osus?
He meant AREWA people. Na una sabi marry baby wey just come out of the womb

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by dallyemmy: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
2nd position!
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by madridsta007(m): 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
fergie1989:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) says Nigeria has the second largest number of child brides in the world, with 23 million girls and women married out as children in the country, thereby ending their educational strive.

Mr Bhanu Pathak, Chief of Field Office (CFO) UNICEF Nigeria, Bauchi Field Office, stated this in Bauchi on Saturday at a Youth Talk ceremony organised in commemoration of the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC).

“Too many Nigerian children and young people are being left behind, especially when it comes to education.

“Nigeria has the world’s highest number of out-of-school children; more than 10.5 million Nigerian children are not in school.

“Nigeria also has the second largest number of child brides in the world with 23 million girls and women married as children, and as such, ending their education,” said Pathak.

He reiterated UNICEF’s resolve to foster a stronger partnership with the Nigerian government at the federal and state levels for the realisation of children’s rights.

In his remarks, Mr Sagir Musa, the President, Youth Advocates For Education, Bauchi, said, the challenges of young people included high rate of unemployment, lack of basic life skills, drug abuse, political thuggery and illiteracy among others.

He commended the state government for collaborating with UNICEF, Bauchi Field Office, to organise such forum which gave young people the opportunity to have their voices heard and take decisions on matters that affected their lives.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the ceremony was organized by UNICEF and Bauchi State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).

The Youth Talk, which is tagged ‘The Nigeria We Want: Voices from Bauchi’, was sponsored by United Kingdom Department For International Development (DFID), with participants from six states of Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe, Jigawa, Plateau and Taraba States.

Source>>>http://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/nigeria-is-worlds-number-2-in-child.html

This is sad.

Nigeria should do better. Nigeria should be aiming for World Number 1.
I believe this must be priority for MBuhari and Osinbajo.
We can't be second best in this most important aspect of development.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by anonymuz(m): 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Bigflamie:
North has finished Nigeria cry cry cry cry

Is it terrorism, Nepotism so many of them and now this. They are just getting the Zoo in the world map for wrong reasons.
i no need to comment again. Youve done that for me.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by javaguru: 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Zooposki:

How? Are they the ones developing all the countries?
like I said
advanced for this country
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
THATS WHAT YOU GET WHEN THE OFFICIAL AGE TO MARRY OUT A GIRL IN ISLAM IS 9YEARS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
I'm not surprise...
I school at Abu and I have seen a lot of children not even up to 16 already someone's wife
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Zooposki(f): 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
javaguru:
like I said

Mumu developer.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by drchuks1234(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
hapi:

Oh she is now twenty abi, no longer 17.
She's 20 not 17
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by javaguru: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Zooposki:

Mumu developer.
what has that got to do with our debate
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by JayPeeOham: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigeria, my Nigeria....The One and Only Giant of Africa!!! grin
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by kenny714433(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
Not ooooo shocked
Nut oooo shocked
North ooo shocked

These people could have been worst than Somalia if not for the Southern part of this country. I do regret sharing geographical space with these guys.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by osaweseforme(m): 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
Fear north, out of the North shall evil arise

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by teejaymonica: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
North are the bad egg among us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
What has UNICEF ever accomplished other than find negative things to say about Africa?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
Those asking if Nigeria can't be number one in anything should know we are comfortably occupying the number one position as poverty capital of the world with a wide lead on our adversaries.

Ask the guymen in Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Hussein53(m): 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
hammerD:
BLAME ISLAM AND NORTHERN NIGERIA.

NIGERIA NATURAL BABY FACTORY.

It's unfortunate that even with your level of education you still ended up being stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by sulaak(m): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2019
ecclize:
UNICEF is deliberately painting Nigeria bad...

Yeah right, UNICEF is behind the corrupt politician, Boko Haram, bad roads, Yahoo Yahoo, Ashewos, IBB, Abacha and many more

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Chicastle: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
Are they referring to

1) northern Nigeria?

2) eastern part?

3) south?

I think number 1 may have the highest shit

Because majority carries the votes

What do ya think?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Chicastle: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
HaryoBamex:
Can't we be number 1 in anything.

No
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Kuginzi: 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ayotemide:

How does it affect a Nigerian that his country has the 2bd largest child brides, highest number of out of school children; courtesy of the generosity of northern Nigeria?

Did you think this question through?
You havnt answer my question. How does it affect u in person? I hate hypocrites
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Agugbadin: 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sub human
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Sicilyjoe: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
90%of u guys claiming holy will marry under age girls if u have the opportunity,reason why u go for a girl above 20 is because of financial, just for her to support u in running the family affair

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by Hero2k9: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr

I must tell you this is a problem of Nigeria not the north

North and South are one

If you say the north
Then i can tell you there is no 15 year old female in the south that is still a virgin

Only say what you are sure of.
There are alot of virgin above 20yrs in the south, east n west .
Seek diligently you will find them.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by beautyhound(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
cbrezy:
These Hausa/Fulani people has given us a bad name.

sad

There is nothing like Hausa or Fulani, it is everywia in d goddam forsaking country. dont b blinded by tribalism...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by beautyhound(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
GenBuhari:
What has UNICEF ever accomplished other than find negative things to say about Africa?

Cos its d fact... will dey find positive nd say dey didnt? Do u v any idea wot UNICEF stands for sef
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by lathrowinger: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=hammerD post=83898481]BLAME ISLAM AND NORTHERN NIGERIA.

NIGERIA NATURAL BABY FACTORY.

U gone too far bro
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF by ddeola: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
Northern Nigeria you mean.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Third Wave, Delta Variant: States Run Out Of Vaccine / 3 Suspected Coronavirus Patients Discharged In Lagos / Ebola: FG Bans Inter-state Movement Ofcorpses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.