Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? (355 Views)

I Found My Daughter Doing This In The Bathroom. Advise Please! / She's Is Nice But Gets Vulgar When Angry. What Should I Do? Advise Please / Should I Tell Him, She Has Aborted For Me, I Need Advise Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? by ThaThinka: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2019
I wish to have opinions of some people on a matter that has probably contributed to making me still single till now. Please no distasteful jokes; you can run along now if that's what you take this for. Thank you!

The summary of the problem is that I dread the question: what do you do for a living? I want to believe you can already guess why that is so. cheesy

The issue is that I have no full-time job or business, yet. You may describe me as jobless. The thing is just that I have been doing online freelancing these years. I don't make a lot of money from doing this, but God has made my earnings more than sufficient for me. Many people do not even know I don't have a regular job until I tell them.

But, in my mind, I don't necessarily see myself as being employed. I feel a tad uncomfortable when ladies I could possibly date ask what I do for a living. Whenever I tell them my situation, I feel like I have disappointed them because I think they thought I am in some good-paying job. Partly for this reason, I sometimes feel like finding someone online, but that same question will also come.

Yes, I am currently trying to find something better to do with my life. But I think it may no longer be wise to keep postponing marriage until that happens, if I must get married at all. I think there are best times for certain things in life, although God knows best.

Maybe I'm just being fearful. I have seen married people with children earning about the new minimum wage (30k), or even lower; I just don't find that exciting.

What advice can you give a brother, please? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? by nlPoster: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2019
Re: No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
From the little i got(you post is confusing);
I wouldnt advise anyone, especially a man to get married when he's earning less than 30k each month. With starting a family comes responsibility. Ensure you are financially capable, so you can build a comfortable home. Its not a must to get married now, so dont consider it as some immediate affair you got to do, you might end up dying. The economy as it is, is very...um...fragile. Dont burden yourself. Enjoy bachelorhood for now. grin
Forgive me if i replied out of context. Like i typed initially, i dont understand all what you wrote.
Re: No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? by Larryfest(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
No go marry without steady income o, the end result no dey funny atal cos even wify go change in little or no time no matter how the love strong reach.. God's time is the best
Re: No 'permanent' Job: What Can You Advise, Please? by ThaThinka: 6:37am On Nov 11, 2019
RedCreme21:
From the little i got(you post is confusing);
I wouldnt advise anyone, especially a man to get married when he's earning less than 30k each month. With starting a family comes responsibility. Ensure you are financially capable, so you can build a comfortable home. Its not a must to get married now, so dont consider it as some immediate affair you got to do, you might end up dying. The economy as it is, is very...um...fragile. Dont burden yourself. Enjoy bachelorhood for now. grin
Forgive me if i replied out of context. Like i typed initially, i dont understand all what you wrote.

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I got you confused there. I probably crammed too much info into a 'short' post - was trying to keep the epistle from being longer. cheesy

It's not actually less than 30k, although not a lot of money still.

No enjoyment for the bachelorhood o, except lack of responsibility to wife and kids. God has somehow been restraining me from engaging in what I could call 'enjoyment' for a single man. grin

Larryfest:
No go marry without steady income o, the end result no dey funny atal cos even wify go change in little or no time no matter how the love strong reach.. God's time is the best

Thanks, brova! The more reason I have been reluctant these years to yield to all advice to 'just start' somewhere. That's partly why I wrote that maybe I was just being fearful.

Actually, contrary to what my original post might suggest, I am a bit of a weirdo when it comes to certain things in life, including getting married and having children. I believe they are not indispensable - yes, that might sound weird. If God wishes it so, I don't even mind not getting married at all if equations no set and I can avoid committing sexual sin.

I'm actually only about 1-2 years away from when I set years ago that I might just overlook the marriage of a thing if I am still single by then. I made this post because I am afraid I might be made to change my mind about that decision. So, I was wondering: if I would change my mind later, how about changing it earlier? Just confused.

(1) (Reply)

Need Urgent Advice / A Broken Heart Can Actually Kill - Here's The Science / Share Your Secrets Anonymously AT Sofilty.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.