Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience (12845 Views)

Discover What Makes Seychelles Island An Amazing Place To Visit / Seychelles Is Not What You Think It Is! (cost Of Living) / Travel To Seychelles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Let's start with our experience with Wakanow

we already planned this journey few months ago but due to some circumstance we couldn't go again so we contact wakanow for refund, they told us we will lose like 30% of our money but we can however still keep the ticket till we are ready to use it.

we decided to keep the ticket since we are going anyway. So last week we contact wakanow after just 2 months since the ticket is valid for a year. they told us flight money has gone up, we were surprised.

the price we paid initially was 255,000 each per person so they told our 255k ticket is now worth 60,000 naira. another mind blowing discovery is we checked their site and the price is infact has not gone up, the website was giving us 245,000 as the new price as against the previous 255k we paid ..

we asked for refund and we were refunded 169,000. remember we asked for refund earlier and we were told it will take minimum of 3 weeks, we have decided to book another flight and wait for refund ( the refund actually took less then 48 hours so they obviously lied )

we booked again using their website @245k and collected our refund, we lost about 60k in the process..

we are in Ethiopia now .. Seychelles flight is tomorrow..

will update tomorrow bye

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by farmsata(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
Following
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by iyapont: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
pls give us pictures too

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Jaypower2(m): 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Pictures oh

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by temi4fash(m): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2019
Do Ethiopia Air put you in an hotel for the night??

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by chukxie(m): 3:14am On Nov 11, 2019
Following. Enjoy your trip.
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:12am On Nov 11, 2019
temi4fash:
Do Ethiopia Air put you in an hotel for the night??
yes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:31am On Nov 11, 2019
ethiopia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:32am On Nov 11, 2019
ethioooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2019
bbbb

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2019
6am in the morning

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 6:37am On Nov 11, 2019
Food

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by okeyglm: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2019
following.... Ethiopia is not bad

4 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 11, 2019
More update
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Muleriders: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
kakakii:
ethioooo

The Ethiopian buses though. Blue version of Lagos danfo

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
we just left Seychelles immigration now.

as soon as they saw our Nigeria passport another nightmare begins, they started interrogating us. they asked how much we brought with us, we told them. their policy is that you must have 150$ per day for your duration of staying so we had exactly the amount.

they asked for our Airbnb reservation which we showed them, we also showed our return ticket and everything checks out, then the officer called her fellow officers on us and we were delayed for about an hour first.

they called our host and asked if we have fully paid, she told them we paid and they have received the money already

after delaying us for one hour they called me to one room, asked me to empty my pocket and requested for my ATM cards which I showed them, the second officer who is a woman collected my phone and went through all my WhatsApp conversation, went through my personal chats, at this stage I was very very angry but I kept my cool.

then another officer came led me to an ATM machine and asked me to withdraw 1000 Seychelles rupee twice which I did, they did same for my friend

the officer saw A FIFA 20 purchased on my telegram and she got triggered, showed it to her oga and that one said make she free me.

after few hours they collected our passport and told told us to come back for it when we are about to leave.

I was angry and I wanted to tell them to send us back because the humiliation is not worth it, my friend said it's dangerous to say that which I reason with him.. and again their country their rules...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Samson1104(m): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
ordinary African country dey do this... mtcheww

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
after few hours our host came to pick us that's when she started explanation about wetin blacks don use their eyes see for Seychelles, south africans mostly according to her.

on our way too we saw a Nigerian guy coming to Seychelles for the second time said he is not coming back again. after thinking about all that and what I have seen, I have to calm small.

I mean there is no way to know if we mean well, no be say them dey write am for head ….

AGAIN ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE ON THAT PLANE WERE SEARCHED

that's the source of my anger, I mean why would fellow African country be doing that, then I entered Seychelles and there is nothing in this country that speaks Africa ..nothing at all... they are not African country at all

12 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
I want to stop update before and just go back .. but I have decided to look at things from their side .. I was planning my honey moon here before but with what I have seen … I will definitely not step foot on this country again !!!!

now that I don wail finish .. I will begin proper update about the place

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
We dey wait

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by olamilarks(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
I'm waiting egbon, I read your east African tour and I look forward to this Seychelles one eagerly!

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by ubcandid(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
The money you were asked to withdraw, was it for bribe or to show your level of liquidity?

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Hadampson(m): 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
Samson1104:
ordinary African country dey do this... mtcheww

No be their fault.. Na those people wey spoil our reputation own the blame

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Hadampson(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
kakakii:
after few hours our host came to pick us that's when she started explanation about wetin blacks don use their eyes see for Seychelles, south africans mostly according to her.

on our way too we saw a Nigerian guy coming to Seychelles for the second time said he is not coming back again. after thinking about all that and what I have seen, I have to calm small.

I mean there is no way to know if we mean well, no be say them dey write am for head ….

AGAIN ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE ON THAT PLANE WERE SEARCHED

that's the source of my anger, I mean why would fellow African country be doing that, then I entered Seychelles and there is nothing in this country that speaks Africa ..nothing at all... they are not African country at all

If it's Poland now, people will tag it as a racist country. Just imagine African country searching ONLY black men.

Does it include black American?

4 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hadampson:

If it's Poland now, people will tag it as a racist country. Just imagine African country searching ONLY black men.

Does it include black American?

they would never have searched black americans, I am not exaggerating we were searched along with Angolans, Rwandan and one Nigerian guy. I don't know nationalities of others but we left them there . . .

their citizens are super super friendly both male and female ( mostly whites ) … still never in my life will I see Seychelles as African country again … they don't even look anything like the white africans ( Algerians, Moroccan etc ) they look more like European

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Hadampson(m): 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
kakakii:

they would never have searched black americans, I am not exaggerating we were searched along with Angolans, Rwandan and one Nigerian guy. I don't know nationalities of others but we left them there . . .

their citizens are super super friendly both male and female ( mostly whites ) … still never in my life will I see Seychelles as African country again … they don't even look anything like the white africans ( Algerians, Moroccan etc ) they look more like European

I guess they only search people from Africa continent.
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
kakakii:
I want to stop update before and just go back .. but I have decided to look at things from their side .. I was planning my honey moon here before but with what I have seen … I will definitely not step foot on this country again !!!!

now that I don wail finish .. I will begin proper update about the place

share pictures
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by IamR: 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
It's like we flew together yesterday, it was 1:40pm flight from Lagos to Addis. I got a connecting flight to another destination around 11:55pm yesterday.

Nice one guy.

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
IamR:
It's like we flew together yesterday, it was 1:40pm flight from Lagos to Addis. I got a connecting flight to another destination around 11:55pm yesterday.

Nice one guy.
yes....

did you witness the 2 fighting on the plane? lol

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by IamR: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
kakakii:

yes....

did you witness the 2 fighting on the plane? lol
Lol, I did.

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
Yes, I was onbroad too, I was the one flying the plane. Did you two enjoy the flight?

9 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Emmyk(m): 4:42am On Nov 12, 2019
I was making plans to go there next year...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rehab\Upgrade Of Aradagun–Mosafejo-Ilado-Ajido-Imeke Road In Badagry / Nigeria Seeks To Diversify From Oil With $41bn Of Rail / Passport Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.